To Save a Ruined World

in Roleplaying

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 November 2019 at 6:42 PM

"We should probably get mov-" Rustling nearby cuts Rayne off. He draws his bow. A shadow steps out of the trees. We stayed out too long. This shadow was humanoid and tall. Great.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 November 2019 at 7:03 PM

Jean unsheathes his sharp claws and crouches into a fighting position. His ears flick up so he could hear whatever was happening.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 November 2019 at 4:05 PM

Niall stiffens and whips out a dagger, getting into a fighting position.

Emilia lets out a gasp of shock and claps her hand over her mouth. How could that figure...sneak up on her?

1,467 posts

robinn • 7 November 2019 at 6:33 PM

Rayne fires an arrow at the shadow's leg. That should slow it down a bit.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 10:40 PM

Ivy~
I lower my hand, feeling stupid. If course she wouldn't accept the help. I back away noticing her nervousness. I didn't want to be the cause for it. "My name is Ivy," I say. I don't introduce Tori. She might not like that. I observe the girl. She didn't seem evil. She seemed more lost than anything, quite like how I felt.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 November 2019 at 8:10 PM

Serafina:
~ "I'm Serafina." I say. I feel guilty that I was making them so nervous. I stand up. "Sorry I freaked you guys out..." I say nervously.

Jean:
~ I look at the others and think, That won't stop it. I make a hasty decision and I jump at the monster, teeth bared.

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 November 2019 at 2:58 PM

"What are you doing?!?" Rayne calls out to Jean. He meant to slow it down so they would have a chance to escape. Why was he fighting it head on?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 November 2019 at 7:42 PM

"Move it!" Jean barks. "I'll catch up." He claws the shadow across the face with his long claws. "I can fight it better than metal sticks can!"

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 December 2019 at 6:26 PM

"No, I'm not leaving!" Rayne says. "You keep it distracted, I'll try to hit in the eyes."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 December 2019 at 10:41 PM

(Argh! Sorry! I keep forgetting to make a post!)

Ivy~
"Nice to meet you, Serafina," I say. "That's okay. It's easy to get freaked out in the world we live in now." I smile kindly.

(I'd like for Ivy to meet up with the main group-what I've been calling Rayne, Jean, and Niall's group- if that's okay with everyone.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 December 2019 at 10:45 PM

(Yeah, I would like all the characters to eventually meet up.)

1,478 posts

arcana • 1 December 2019 at 10:57 PM

(Paloma has been kinda in the shadows, so I'd like for her to meet up with someone/s soon, if that's not too much trouble.)
Tori~
"I'm Tori." I didn't really know what to say after that. Trust wasn't something I was taught to have for anyone that wasn't my old village. And even then, anyone who was deemed untrustworthy after several trials was "quarantined". I did know not to tell random suspicious girls who fell out of trees anymore than my name. Ivy was an interesting case though. I fidgeted, waiting for someone else to continue the conversation.
Paloma~
I napped on the rotting bed in the apartment.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 December 2019 at 2:23 PM

(What if on out travels, eventually adding up to a group, we all met up at the city Paloma's in?)

Serafina:
~ I nod and stand up, one hand on the tree behind me. "Hi..." I wanted to ask a question that was bugging me but I was really nervous, "Where are you headed..?" I purse my lips in surprise at myself. My mouth had moved my itself.

Jean:
~ I curse and jump off of its head onto a tree. My shirt was shredded by now so I dump it on the ground. The cold air felt good on my fur. I call the shadow a rude name and it turns to look at me.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 December 2019 at 8:35 PM

(That sounds cool. I don't know what to do with Emilia...Should I have her meet up with someone else?)
Niall flicked his hand out and threw a dagger at the shadow's eye.

1,467 posts

robinn • 2 December 2019 at 11:31 PM

The shadow recoils from the damage Niall caused. Rayne aims an arrow at the other eye and fires. "It's blinded now! Hit it with your strongest attack!"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 December 2019 at 4:24 PM

Ivy~
I glance over at Tori. Serafina seemed like a nice girl. She didn't seem like she'd want to attack us or hurt us. I wondered how much we wanted to tell her, though. I was fine telling the girl about myself. I was so happy to be with other humans again. I nod to myself after making a decision. "We were headed to my hide out. I have food and clean water," I say. "You can come too, if you want," I add, hesitantly. Normally, I didn't like to make decisions like. Normally, I would have pulled Tori aside and asked her what she thought we should tell Serafina or whether or not I should invite her. However, this was a matter of the place I lived in. It really wouldn't affect Tori in any way, unless Serafina decided she wanted to come. Besides, I had to move soon anyway. If Serafina turned out to be a bad person, I could just grab my belongings and run.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 December 2019 at 7:44 PM

Serafina:
~ "That would be nice... If it's not too much trouble. I don't want to intrude." I say nervously. I had just literally dropped in on them and I was a little surprised at their trust.

Jean:
~ I reach back and slash at the shadow with my long claws. They dig deep into it, causing lots of damage. I fall off of my tree from the momentum.

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 December 2019 at 4:27 PM

The shadow kneels down, to weak to fight back now. Rayne notches an arrow and fires straight through it's chest. It vanishes into smoke. Rayne sighs in relief. "We did it."

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 10 December 2019 at 5:55 PM

Wait, can we still sign up? If so...

Name: Tundra

Apperance: a slightly malnourished female with snowey white hair and blue eyes. Wears a faded blue sweater.

Weapon: bow and arrow

Personality: Tundra is a friendly but feirce girl. She is not keen on opening up to people, but is extreamly loyal to whoever she befriends.

Weakness: crud at litteraly any other weapon, a slow runner, has a lack of emotions (though she has learned to mimic them)

Backstory: tundra always had a lack of empaphy and other emotions, when she was 5, she saw someone cut someone else with a shard of glass, this, caupled with the fact that she has a lack of empaphy, made her think that violence was the best way to solve any probablem. So from that day foward, she would always use violence to solve her probablems, which came in use when the darkness fell. Her sister, frost, on the other hand, solved her probablems through peace, which turned out to be her short coming through the first few days of the darkness. Sence then she has always remained a 'lone wolf' and never let her self get close to many people.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2019 at 6:09 PM

Jame breathes out a deep sigh. "Phew." He said. He wiped his claws on the grass to get off any shadowy bits.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 December 2019 at 7:30 PM

Niall sighs in relief and sheathes his dagger.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2019 at 7:46 PM

Jean looked at everyone one at a time. "Are you all okay still?" He asked.

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 December 2019 at 7:51 PM

@meisawesome thanks for joining!

"Yeah, my leg is still a little sore, but other than that I'm fine." Rayne says. "We shouldn't stay here though, more shadows will be coming."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2019 at 7:52 PM

Jean nods. "Then where should we go?" He asked.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 10 December 2019 at 8:07 PM

Tundra shot an arrow that hit a tree near jean "dang it, didnt even see where it went that time." She mumbled inaudible

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2019 at 8:22 PM

Jean heard a whistle of air and a thunk. He whirled around and saw a girl there holding a bow and arrow.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 10 December 2019 at 8:24 PM

She looked surprised "well it seems your alive as well." She said as she swiftly grabbed the arrow back.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2019 at 8:26 PM

"I what now?" Jean asked. "Why did you just try to turn me into a shish kebab?"

1,478 posts

arcana • 10 December 2019 at 8:27 PM

Tori~
I raise an eyebrow at Ivy, asking her if she really meant to trust Serafina. If she did, I couldn't really fault her, since that was what I had done with her, but I would be on edge until Serafina left, or proved that she was trustable.
Paloma~
"The shadows skulk outside the city, preying on the countryside. They don't even think about going into the detestable, sunken and grungy city. They assume that everyone is dead, which would be technically true, if not for me. That at least proves that the shadows were to some extent, smart. In an animalistic way at least." I finished writing in one of my dusty notebooks that usually sat in the library room, which was really just a room full of books. The shadows were exceptionally rowdy today, so I had dug it up and written a couple notes. That had made me find a couple more notebooks, ones that looked like diaries from before the Shadow Era, which is what I was calling whatever this time was. I read the diaries, smirking at the silly issues the authors had whined about.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 10 December 2019 at 8:30 PM

"Well i thought i heard one of the creatures and..." she trailed off, shook her head and continued "yeah, i thought i heard something."