To Save a Ruined World

in Roleplaying

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 December 2019 at 8:20 PM

Jean looked at Niall to see if it was fine with him too.

1,478 posts

arcana • 11 December 2019 at 8:26 PM

Tori~
I feel a bit guilty that I had made her say that. I decide to keep my mouth shut for a bit.
Paloma~
Outside, on the streets, I heard the sound of feet, pacing through my city. They were loud, loud enough to attract the few shadows that were still nursing wounds in nearby abandoned parking garages. The feet certainly weren't mine, and once the shadows realized it was a newcomer, they would definitely attack her. The feet were far away, based on the echoey nature they had. I tilt my head and listen again. They seemed to be coming from the "bad" side, which was worse. That area was still fairly bad although not as bad as the wilds. There weren't a lot of small shadows, but there were some big ones even I knew to avoid. I debated my choices before pulling on my cloaks. The stupider shadows wouldn't trouble me as much that way.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 December 2019 at 9:42 PM

"Sure," Niall shrugged, "Why not? Safety in numbers."

Emilia walked quicker, shadows were lurking around her. Even though her infected state gave her some protection from confused shadows who were uncertain if she was human or shadow, when there was no other easy prey around, they caught on pretty quickly. A small one suddenly darted at her, and she only just managed to cut it with her sword. She needed to find a hiding place. Emilia stopped in front of a building in the city. Bingo.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 12 December 2019 at 6:21 AM

She mouthed something to the ground and said "thank you!" Her joy was indescribable.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 13 December 2019 at 5:14 PM

Ivy-
I listen to Serafina with a sad look. I could sympathize with her. "Then you should definitely come with us," I say, gently. "My place isn't too far away. Follow me," I say. I begin to walk towards the direction of my temporary dwelling. I still refused to consider it my home.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 13 December 2019 at 5:18 PM

Serafina:
~ I visibly relax. "Thank you so much!" I say. I follow Ivy.

Jean:
~ "Mhm!" I say happily.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 13 December 2019 at 9:18 PM

"You're welcome," Niall replies.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 December 2019 at 11:20 PM

Jean shifts his weight from foot to foot. He could almost smell shadows.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 December 2019 at 1:31 PM

Ivy

I lead the way to my home. I make sure to keep a close eye out for shadow monsters. I always managed to run into them. I felt more confident now that I was with a group. If a monster attacked us, there would be more people to fend them off. It wasn't a: don't get caught by monsters or you die situation. I was aware that more people meant higher chances for spotting a monster. Luckily, there were no monsters. I was able to make it all the way home without running into a monster or even spotting what I thought could be a potential monster. My temporary dwelling was a cellar to an old house that was in ruins now. I open the cellar doors. I reach into my bag and grab a flashlight. Turning it on, I point it down the stairs. I gesture for Tori and Serafina to go down. "There's a light switch on your right. The light isn't very strong since most of the bulbs have gone out, but it's enough to see somewhat comfortably."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 1:54 PM

Serafina:
~ I follow Ivy to her place. It was a pretty shabby place, but it was nice. "Thank you." I say to Ivy, walking down the stairs.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 December 2019 at 3:02 PM

"It's too dangerous to stay out here we find somewhere to stay for the night." Rayne says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 3:08 PM

Jean:
~ "Yeah... That sounds good to me." I say.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 December 2019 at 3:58 PM

"So...do you know any good places?" Niall asks.

Emilia makes her way up the side of the building, gripping the edges of the bricks for handholds.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 4:03 PM

Jean:
~"We could go to my village... I just came from there." I say.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 December 2019 at 5:05 PM

"Sounds good, lead the way." Rayne says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 5:13 PM

Jean:
~"Alrighty!" I say happily. I start walking to the village.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 16 December 2019 at 5:21 PM

"Ill just...stay in the back." She says

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 5:26 PM

Jean:
~ "You can walk with us if you want. Shadows like to pick off stragglers.'' I offer.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 16 December 2019 at 5:29 PM

She shook her head "ill stay close enough." She said

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 5:32 PM

Jean:
~ "Alright, then." I say. I start walking again, slower.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 December 2019 at 8:09 PM

Niall follows the others. "Soo....do you have a hideout in the village?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 8:14 PM

Jean:
~ "Uh, sort of. I live in a basement in one of the houses." I say.

1,467 posts

robinn • 17 December 2019 at 12:38 AM

"That sounds like it would be pretty safe from the shadows." Rayne says.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 December 2019 at 6:55 PM

"Yeah," Niall agreed. His family's mansion was more secure but....he would never mention it to anyone.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 17 December 2019 at 7:24 PM

'It could be a spawn place for shadows, but some safety is better than none' she thought
"Yeah, sounds like a good area." She says aloud, but starts sharpening an arrow-head.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 4:19 PM

Jean:
~ "Alrighty, right this way..." I turn a corner into a bit of wilder growth. The house was right ahead. It was on the outskirts of the city, but not too far from it.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 7:20 PM

"Okay." Rayne replies. He keeps his bow drawn incase anything attacks.

1,478 posts

arcana • 18 December 2019 at 7:33 PM

Paloma~
I stare at the outsider in disbelief. Was she really trying to climb such a dilapidated building? She was definitely a confident climber, and maybe a good one. It was hard to tell. I waited, hiding behind a few boxes on the roof for her to come up.
Tori~
Her place definitely had a bottleneck entrance if any shadows came in. It was nice, especially for a person living on their own, but it was nothing like my home. I cautiously walk down the stairs. "Thank you." I echo.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 7:41 PM

Jean:
~ I walk to the front door of the house and push it open. "Come on." I say to the others.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 7:48 PM

"Thanks for letting us stay here." Rayne says as he enters the house.