The Beasts Academy Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 17 January 2020 at 2:43 PM

Luna took a deep breath, when the girl beside her had finished, it was her turn. She closed her eyes.
“I’m Luna though, I rather Lu or Moon. And umm, she looked at her papers. My favourite colour is purple, my favourite animal is a Wolf, and Hobbies. I like to watch birds I guess and I love writing.”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 17 January 2020 at 8:30 PM

Patience-
Eighth: Unnamed. I can't tell what race he is. His favorite color is red, he likes hawks, and building forts. Look into him further.
Ninth: Alina/Ali. Human. Her favorite color is green. She likes wolves and tigers. She is scared of attention. Friendly enough.
Tenth: Luna/Lu/Moon. Human. Her favorite color is purple. She likes wolves. She also likes to watch birds and write. Friendly enough.

The unnamed guy though...

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 January 2020 at 10:04 PM

"My name's Felix. My favorite color's red, and my favorite food is..." He trails off. Felix hasn't eaten good food in years . He straightens back up and stares straight ahead, challenging anyone to say something about his hesitation. "My favorite food is basically anything." He wasn't picky. "My fear is...." Felix hesitates again. Somehow saying that he had a fear of the dark made him feel childish, "..of the dark."

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 17 January 2020 at 10:44 PM

(Have you seen doctor who? because he sais that we are not afraid of the dark. but the things that hide in the dark.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 17 January 2020 at 11:15 PM

(I've never watched Doctor Who, but I think I might have heard that saying.)

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I listen to the others speak. Some of their answers were so stupid and silly. Yoshino with her ‘I fear nothing.’ Everyone has fears. No one was normal if they didn’t have fears. Besides, her saying she didn’t have fears probably meant she feared having fears or she feared showing weakness. I understood, though, that she might have been uncomfortable telling her fear. I would have been too, but I wouldn’t have said I fear nothing. Jeez. Then there was the kid, Mikel, who said his interests were sleeping. He must have a boring life or he was lying. The elf with a temper said he was scared of the dark, which amused me more than anything. I knew fearing the dark was a for real fear, but I couldn’t understand why people were scared of it. I look down at my hand and create the smallest ball of darkness possible. I loved the dark, and it loved me…

(People, don’t take it personally. She’s very angry right now.)

Oh! And don’t even get me started on Lalitya… Well, actually he was normal, but he hadn’t changed. I’d even knew about his fear of falling. I wasn’t surprised about the knight thing either, considering we had planned to become knights. He was such an idiot! Why would he think he could just pretend not to know me? He hadn’t had memory loss or anything. He was still the same! I guess the only strange thing is that he said he’d be changing his name to Trelis. I had no idea where that had come about. The other kids were pretty normal with their interests and stuff, but most of them had acted shy and antisocial.

Maliha speaks up when the last person goes. “Okay, well, great! I’m excited to get to know you all! Right now, it’s getting late, so it’s time to get ready for bed. First thing tomorrow, we’ll have breakfast and then go out to meet your beasts!” She hops excitedly. I stare at her unimpressed. Mircea shakes his head in a disapproving way. “It’s too late for this,” he says in a low voice. The first joke or friendly comment I’d heard from him all day. Maliha rolls her eyes. She turns back to us. “We’ll be sleeping on the couches tonight if you need anything. Goodnight!”

I head to my room without a word to any of the other kids. I didn’t have any pajamas to change into yet, so I just take off my cloak and hang it up. I go into the girl’s bathroom and brush my teeth. I walk back into my room. I slip my shoes off and sit in my bed. I grab a book and start to read. The other girl would probably take a little time going to bed. They’d leave the lights on, and even when they did finally turn off the lights, I could see in the dark. I’d be able to read for as long as I wanted. However, the words blurred. I began to think about the beasts. I couldn’t help but be curious. I wondered what my beasts would look like. Would I hate them or get along with them? I wasn’t sure.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise"

I listen to all the other kids, storing the information in my head for later. There were a few kids who shared something in common like me. I planned on talking to those people later. I also take note of the people who seemed friendly. Most of them did seem friendly, though there were some people I wasn’t too sure about. I also noticed there were some shy and antisocial people in the crowd, but when did that ever stop me from making friends. My hope wash to make friends or allies with everyone who had good intentions and hearts.

Maliha says it’s time for bed and that tomorrow would be an exciting day. “Good night everyone!” I say. I smile at Luna. “Goodnight, Moon.” I walk to my room and grab a pair of pajamas. I walk into the boy’s bathroom and change and brush my teeth. When I step back into my room, I look out the window. It felt weird not having Gareth here. Usually during this time we’d sit in the living room and do our own things. We always had an unspoken contest about who would go to bed first. I was also the first one to go to bed. BUT I also was worked harder with my training. That was always my excuse.

I sit in my bed and put my armor and sword away. I keep them close to me. I’d never know when I’d need them. I rest my head on the pillow. How was I ever going to go to sleep? I was too excited for tomorrow.

”And nothing, nothing, would make me break it.”

2,892 posts

skymoare • 17 January 2020 at 11:30 PM

Yoshi yawned, the stupid get-to-know-each-other thing was done. She turned to Clythia, "I will see you tomorrow then" she said before heading to the bathroom. Yoshi took a cold shower and brushed her teeth in less than 5 minutes. This efficiency people often called "army training". Yoshi thought this was logical, since she literally grew up as a child solider. She sat on her bed, a map of the academy grounds spread across a fold-able table she had brought. Little figurines lined either side of the small table. A thick book with the title "Military Strategy: The Ways of War" was laying next to her. It was opened to a chapter about enemy territory. Yoshi knew that the academy wasn't an enemy but it was unfamiliar ground.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 January 2020 at 11:53 PM

Aria:
~I send a quick smile to Maliha, then leave to my room. When I get there, I walk straight to my bed and pull a baggy shirt and some shorts out of my bag. I go into the bathroom, quickly change and then leave with my old clothes. I put them into my bag, then sit on my bed.

1,478 posts

arcana • 18 January 2020 at 12:14 AM

~Asteria~

I hurried to the huge bathroom and clean up before bed. Brushed my teeth, showered, washed my face, and so on. I didn't really know where the laundry was, so I just folded my clothes up and put them inside a bag. It felt so weird, but it was nice to really clean up. I returned to my room and picked a book from the bookshelf to read. I had already finished every book I had brought. The book was called Common Powers. Mine wasn't listed there. I sort of looked back and tried to remember when I last used my power. It was a few months ago. I suppose it was because I never went outside. That bird had chanced to come upon me, and only had chatted for awhile. I really wanted to talk to an animal again. I missed that simplicity. I drew my curtains and read until I felt sleepy. My light blinked out, and I put the book away.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 18 January 2020 at 12:32 AM

Clythia-
"Yoshi, we sleep in the same room." I walk over to my bag to grab my toothbrush and cup.

Patience-
I hurry into the first bedroom. I unlock my bag to take out my notebook out. I start to write whatever information I remembered.
Eleventh: Felix. Elf. His favorite color is red. He has no favorite food. He's afraid of the dark. Seems friendly.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 January 2020 at 1:01 AM

Aria:
~ I pull the blankets over me. Pink fuzzy buzzards! I bounce myself up and down a little. This bed was so squishy! And soft! I bounce a little more, grinning. All the beds I had ever slept on were hard and scratchy.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 18 January 2020 at 4:27 AM

Luna immediately flopped down on her bed. She was happy to have a break. She fell asleep almost instantly.

Deleted • 18 January 2020 at 9:24 AM

Alina
Ali walked up stairs to her room a lot of girls were already there. She looked at the bathroom and thought about taking a shower but she had no other clothes so she'd just get dirty again. Ali looked at her clean bed a little annoyed she didn't want to get it dirty the first night. Finally she got in the shower then put her shirt and unclipped it so it was like a nightgown. She didn't know where to put her thing so she put then at the bottom of the bed with her axe, then she crawled in bed and gasped a little at how comfy it was compared to the ground or hard beds she sometimes had. She curled up smelling her hair and sheets then fell asleep.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 January 2020 at 10:55 AM

Sleep! That was the best idea Mikel had heard all day. He heads straight back into his room and jumps into bed, not even bothering with changing his clothes. The bed was much softer than the one back home. Mikel closes his eyes and falls asleep.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 January 2020 at 11:19 AM

Aria
~ I bounce one more time, then snuggle down under the blankets completely. My eyes slowly drifted shut.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 January 2020 at 2:23 PM

Felix watches as the elf who he had sat in the same carriage as created a ball of darkness. He shudders a bit, he definitely wasn't getting close to her. He trails after the rest of the Chosen into their dorms. He was sharing with a human boy named Lalitya, and the annoying human he argued with earlier. Just thinking about him made Felix clench his fists in anger. When he got to his dorm, he quickly got ready for bed and pulled the covers up. The bed was so much more comfortable than the usual hard wood he slept on. But it would be weird to share with two strangers, and Felix wasn't sure if he could sleep well tonight. He usually slept with a tiny old flashlight on, but he wasn't about to do that in front of strangers.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 18 January 2020 at 3:24 PM

Zaron got out of his bed.
"I am not used to sleeping on a bed."He said, walking towards a plant in the corner. He waved his hand and the plant grew a bed of leaves for him to sleep on.
"this is much better." Zaron said as he fell asleep.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 January 2020 at 4:09 PM

The Next Day

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I was running through the forest while trying to carry a sack of rocks. My pursuer was steadily catching up. I was getting more tired by the second. Suddenly, the forest clears to show the school. I see the other Chosen. They circle around me, stopping me from being able to get away. Lal steps towards me with a mean grin. "Did you really think I cared? Did you really think I wanted to be your friend? I didn't. I just pitied you," he says. I take a step back and try to get away, but a huge beast blocks me. A hand grabs my shoulder. I wince as I hear a man say in a deep voice, "How far did you really think you would get?"

I jerk awake, breathing hard. A book was rested on my chest. Sometime in the night, I had fallen asleep while reading. I glance over at the clock. It was a little past 6. I take deep breaths to calm myself down. I get out of bed. I was surprised to find fresh clothes on top of my dresser. They must have been fast with that order for clothes. I put them away, keeping a red shirt and black pants out. I go into the bathroom to shower and brush my hair. The hot shower felt so nice. I walk into my room again feeling all clean. I hadn't felt like that since I'd run away. I grab the round metal glasses on my dresser and put them on. I hated wearing the glasses, but it helped disguise me.

I smell food cooking and walk into the main area. I saw Maliha and Mircea cooking. They were making eggs, sausage, pancakes, and cutting up fruit. The half-elf looks up. "Good morning! Did you sleep well? There's some breakfast on the table." I nod at her and sit down. I get a little of everything just like yesterday. I remember my manners. "Thank you," I say. "It's no problem! Hey... you're wearing the clothes I got for you last night. You like them? I thought red would look nice on you. It does!" I look down at my outfit. Had Maliha really handpicked outfits for everyone who had requested them? Wow, I was pretty impressed. "Yes, thank you." She smiles at me and goes back to cooking, humming a little song as she goes.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise."

Having been paying attention to the breathing of my roommates, I was pretty sure I'd been the first to fall asleep last night. Oh well for being so excited I would be able to sleep. I wake up at 5 am sharp. I was used to waking up early. I get out of bed. I walk to the main room. Maliha and Mircea were already up. They were sitting on the couches talking with each other. Maliha smiles at me when she sees me. "Good morning," she says. "Morning," I reply. I find and empty space in the living area and begin doing some exercises. I always exercised in the morning.

After an hour, I walk back into my room and grab some clothes. I go into the bathroom to take a shower. I step back into my room and debate whether or not I should wear my armor. I probably shouldn't, but I always felt more comfortable doing so. In the end, I decide not to wear the armor. However, I do grab my sword. I would never be found without it.

I step into the kitchen where the two adults were cooking breakfast. I sit down at the table and grab some food. The girl who I considered a lot of things by now - the girl who choked, the criminal girl, and the girl who was a lot like me - was already seated eating breakfast. "Hello," I say. "So, you like komodo dragons? Those are my favorite too." She ignores me. I guess she was a little antisocial.

"And nothing, nothing, would make me break it."

2,892 posts

skymoare • 18 January 2020 at 4:16 PM

Yoshi yawned, she didn't sleep for the whole night, which explained why she napped all the time during the day. She noticed the elf, "what was her name? right. Agnimitra, I think" Yoshi mumbled to herself, not sleeping was affecting her brain. Well Yoshi watched the elf walk out of the room. Yoshi climbed out of bed too. She didn't bring other clothing and was still wearing the same clothe from the day before. She remembered to put on her metal bands. Yoshi walked into the kitchen. The smell was very tempting, but she just grabbed an apple. Sitting down at the far end of the table from the elf and human, she ate quietly.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 18 January 2020 at 4:24 PM

Zaron opened his eyes and groaned. "I did NOT get enough sleep last night." he turned over and tried to fall back asleep.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 18 January 2020 at 6:50 PM

Clythia-
I woke up and saw a pile of clothes on my dresser. Wow, they worked quickly. I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom. After a quick shower and a change of clothes, I walk into the main room. "Hey Yoshi!" I wave to her.

Patience-
I finally close my notebook. I've drawn everyone in my room's faces. I sigh and pick up my cup of tea. There was no tea left. I start to bite my nails. It's okay, I can just make more. I walk over to my dresser and take out a teabag. I put back my notebook and take out a sketchbook. After locking the bag, I walk into the main room. "U-Uh, excuse m-me." I walk to the two adults. "Can I-I m-make some tea?"

2,892 posts

skymoare • 18 January 2020 at 6:54 PM

Yoshi blinked a few times when she heard someone call her. It snapped her out of her daze. Yoshi yawned and turned, "Good morning Cylthia" Yoshi said. "How did you sleep?" she asked hoping to start a conversation that would wake her up.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 18 January 2020 at 6:56 PM

Clythia-
I sit next to Yoshi. "Eh, okay. How about you?"

2,892 posts

skymoare • 18 January 2020 at 6:59 PM

Yoshi yawned for the nth time that morning. "Oh, fine. Fine," she lied. Yoshi had stayed up the whole night examining the campus grounds and every room and exit on a map of the Academy. She just needed to confirm some places where she could slip off campus into the woods. But Clythia didn't need to know that.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 18 January 2020 at 7:03 PM

Clythia-
I stare at her. "You don't seem fine. You don't seem very awake." I flick at her arm. "Awake now?"

2,892 posts

skymoare • 18 January 2020 at 7:07 PM

Yoshi just yawned, I have to stop yawning, she mentally noted. "I'm fine," she said back, "very awake."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 18 January 2020 at 7:17 PM

Clythia-
"Huh. Well, at least you're eating something." I take an apple.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 January 2020 at 7:42 PM

Felix yawns and stretches, rubbing his eyes. He had stayed awake for hours last night, thinking about the beast he was going to get. Today was the day, the day that his life was going to change. He looks around, one of his roommates had already left. Felix changes and stumbles tiredly into the kitchen. He grabs some food and sits at the table, slouching tiredly.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 January 2020 at 8:37 PM

Mikel slowly wakes. What a horrible nightmare that was. Getting chosen for the beasts academy. He yawns and glances around the room. Wait, that wasn't a nightmare! Mikel turns in his bed to fall back asleep until his stomach growls loudly. I can't sleep on an empty stomach. It looked like some of his roommates were already awake. Mikel puts on some fresh clothes and heads to the kitchen. He grabs some breakfast and finds an empty table to sit at.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 18 January 2020 at 8:41 PM

Yoshi sighed, "sure," she didn't feel like talking. "I'm going back to the dorms," she said standing up. As Yoshi walked out of the kitchen, she grabbed another apple.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 January 2020 at 10:48 PM

Maliha

She smiles down at Patience. “Of course, you can,” she replies, moving aside to give the elf some room. “This is really you’re and the other Chosen’s kitchen. We’re just being kind and making everyone breakfast for today.” She begins to hum and cook again.

Agnimitra

I recognized the tune Maliha was humming. It took every cell in my body not to sing along. I missed singing. I used to do it all the time. I finish eating. I grab my plate and take it over to the sink. I clean everything and put it away. I liked to keep clean. I go back into my room and sit on my bed. I look out the window and lose myself to my thoughts.

I think about my roommates. There was Yoshi, Clythia, and Aria. I hoped they wouldn’t bother me too much. I notice someone had opened the door that connected the two girl’s rooms together. The other room consisted of Asteria, Patience, Alina, and Luna. I hadn’t really spoken with any of the girls yet, and I hoped to keep it that way. I had noticed that a lot of them seemed anti social or shy. I was glad for that because it meant they wouldn’t bother me to much. As long as I didn’t seek them out and try to make friends with them, they’d leave me well alone. And I wasn’t planning on making any friends.