The last Apocalypse

in Roleplaying

Is this interesting?

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 1 March 2020 at 5:49 AM

There was a time where the world was lost under the folds of an apocalypse. Everything was destroyed, All hope fell. You were one who tried to live, along with many others... sign ups are
https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/73076

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 1 March 2020 at 6:01 AM

Dawn set her backpack down on a rock, she ached all over from the walk and desperately needed to rest. She pulled out a small scrap of fabric, laid it down and put her hand to her chest.
Mouse
She thought, she felt herself shrink into the form of a small white mouse. She scrambled to the fabric and laid down to sleep.

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 2 March 2020 at 7:48 AM

Cecily sighed, living alone is hard she muttered under her breath. She curled up on a doorstep. Hopefully this house won't kick me out, she thought to herself out loud. She gazed at the endless folds of dark night sky, What made me run again? She groaned and turned around to face the door. Closing her eyes she slowly felt drowsy.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 4 March 2020 at 12:09 AM

Rylin-
I hum as I walk down the street. Today was a good day, after all, the remaining bullies who kept on harassing me stopped. I do need to sharpen my box cutter though. As I approach my doorstep, I narrow my eyes. Why is there someone in front of my door? I consider using my blade, but then I have to remove the body. I sigh, this was a fairly good neighborhood, I may as well see if she's awake. I creep closer. "Um, hello?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 March 2020 at 4:19 AM

Dawn yawned, she couldn’t sleep, she needed to move and find somewhere else to stay. She placed her hand on her chest.
Cheetah
This was a risky move, if anyone spotted a cheetah in this area, she’d most likely be shot or placed in a zoo, but there wasn’t too many people around to see her at this time was there?

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 4:24 AM

@galaxyleopard (Where is Dawn exactly?)

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 March 2020 at 4:30 AM

( I’m not sure, I’m going to say nearby where your character is, and she’ll stop with fright when you see her or she sees you. )

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 4:33 AM

Rylin-
The girl doesn't answer. Sighing, I turn around. And immediately stop because there's a cheetah. Why is there a cheetah? I glare at it.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 March 2020 at 4:35 AM

Dawn stopped.
It sees you! Run Dawn, leave!
She raced behind a tree, quickly put her hand to her chest.
What’s the most common animal around here? Dawn you don’t want to be suspicious! Ahh! Cat!
She shrank down into a white fluffy, blue eyes cat and sat, heart pounding,

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 4:39 AM

Rylin-
I sigh. Walking up to the tree, I stare up at the cheetah turned into a cat. "So, you were a cheetah and then a cat? Are you an animal shapeshifter?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 March 2020 at 4:46 AM

Dawn looked up, eyes wide, she opened her mouth to speak but wasn’t really sure what she was going to say
“I, umm, no wha- did you see it? Oh help m- no, no, no.. umm The cheetah went, err that way!”
She pointed behind her, not realising there was a wall too big for a cheetah to climb.
Dawn you idiot! You’re a cat, TALKING!

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 5:08 AM

Rylin-
The cat was a shapeshifter after all? Huh. Interesting. "I'm not stupid. A cheetah wouldn't have climbed that wall." I had to physically suppress my grin. I didn't want to scare her away now, would I? "Why are you so scared of anyone finding out you're a shapeshifter?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 March 2020 at 5:11 AM

Dawn sighed and gave in
"Its not normal, I'm not normal, people won't accept me, don't tell anyone please!"

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 5:39 AM

Rylin-
I couldn't control it. I grin wide. "I won't tell anyone! I'm not normal either! People call me a freak, a freak! They haven't accepted me, they never will, and I'll never stop being the things I am." I giggle. My grin disappears. "But you're different. You're different in the way you have powers. I just act weird." I smile warmly. "If you hide it, they'll like you. If you show them, they'll hate you. If you isolate yourself, they might forget you." I blink, realizing my rambling.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 March 2020 at 10:12 AM

Dawn nodded.
“Okay, well, do you come from around here? Like, do you know the way around?”
She raised her hand to her chest again and didn’t hesitate.
Human
She rose into her normal form.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 6:55 PM

Rylin-
She wasn't scared? "Yep! In fact, my house is right there!" I turn to glare at the girl sleeping on my doorstep. "Would you like to come and stay in my house for a while?" If she was unfazed by my rambling, that means she might be tougher to break. "If not, I just give you directions to the cheapest store nearby and directions to get out of town. You can ask for more directions, though." I grin. This is going to be soooooo fun.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 5:03 AM

Dawn looked up at her. She didn’t fully trust her, but where else could she go?
“I don’t really have anywhere else to be, so I can hang around for a bit if you like.”
She pulled a white ribbon and tied her light lilac hair into a ponytail.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 5:19 AM

@galaxyleopard (Can Dawn refer to Rylin as a girl? After all, his appearance is of a girl. And I doubt he'll ever reveal his gender as a boy anytime soon)

Rylin-
I press my hands together in delight. "Well, there's someone sleeping in front of my door, so we'll have to go though the backdoor." I take out my keys.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 5:24 AM

( Of course, I’ve edited my post. )
Dawn nodded, she followed after the new person silently, trying to calm her pounding heart.
Dawn run, your parents told you not to talk to strangers, what are you doing?
No, this time you’re wrong, I’m perfectly safe! She argued back.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 5:30 AM

Rylin-
I glance back at the girl. "A lot of people get nervous or defensive around me, so you're not offending me by looking like you wanna run away." I walk over to my back door. But, maybe she did want to run away? Maybe she wasn't as strong as I thought? I focus on unlocking the door. "By the way, my name's Rylin, what's yours?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 5:33 AM

Dawn swallowed the lump in her throat. She stood up straight.
“My name’s Dawn.”
She looked to her left to see a little blue bird, sat watching her, she stepped to the side and picked it up in her cupped hands.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 5:44 AM

Rylin-
I see the bird in her hands. "Yeah, sometimes that bird comes over here, I talk with him a bit, then he goes." I open the door. I turn back to her. "Coming in?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 5:50 AM

Dawn nodded and set the bird back on the floor, she shivered as a gust of wind hit her from behind and slowly walked through the door.
“Thank you, not many people would let a stranger into their house like that. I’m really grateful.”
She set her backpack down and opened it, she pulled out a single cookie, set it on the floor and transformed into a mouse, and nibbled at the edge.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 5:58 AM

Rylin-
"Eh, my parents don't really care what I do, and I haven't talked to anyone that tolerated me for a loooong time." I place my bag on a chair. "Do you want anything to ea-" I turn around to stare at the mouse in place of the girl.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 6:00 AM

Dawn shook her head, still in mouse form and pushed the leftover cookie into her bag, she transformed back into human and sat on the floor smiling.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 6:03 AM

Rylin-
I blink. She's sort of confusing. I start making two sandwiches. "Anyway, what were you even doing? Don't you have parents?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 6:06 AM

Dawn stayed silent, she tried to hold back tears and bit her lip.
“I do but, well I don’t, they left me, we were camping and my dad crept up on me and scared me, when that happens, my shapeshifting power gets out of control, as if it’s trying to find an animal to protect me, but my parents didn’t know about my power, and they left when they found out, so I’ve been walking for three days now, living on any water I find and that single cookie.”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 6:16 AM

Rylin-
I finish the first sandwich. "Three days, so the hunger wouldn't be too bad. Water is more important than food, so finding clean water is a top priority." I take out two plates. "Becoming an animal that doesn't require much sustenance to survive and rationing the food that way is extremely smart, I applaud you on that." Finishing the sandwiches, I place them on the plates. "Your parents are pretty bad at their jobs. They could've handed you over to someone else or an orphanage, not just leave you like that." I hand her a plate.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 March 2020 at 6:19 AM

Dawn nodded, she appreciated the fact that Rylin actually cared about her, she hadn’t felt that much comfort for a while.
“Yes they could have, but who would want me? The last thing my dad said to me was ‘you’re dangerous’ which could be true, any animal I want, I can be it, people would be frightened.”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 8 March 2020 at 6:32 AM

Rylin-
"If they wanted you to be out of their life, they could've just lied about your powers." I cut my sandwich. I grin. "And your powers are really cool. People do have to right to be frightened." I turn to her. "The moment you accept the fact that you're always gonna be different is the day you'll finally be content with yourself." I bite into my sandwich. "Or you'll fall into a depression and end your life right there and then." I chew. "But that aside, I do really think your powers are cool. Great for survival and patrolling and things like that."