Your Current Harmless Addiction

in Chit-Chat

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 19 April 2021 at 8:35 PM

Feel free to name something you're currently obsessed with/hooked on. Mine honestly change all the time because I fall to hyperfixation but I'll start!

DOCUSERIES. Specifically the ones I can find on Netflix, but on occasion I stray to watch them elsewhere (watched the Dancing With The Devil docuseries on YouTube and developed a new-found appreciation for Demi Lovato's music). They tend to be dark docuseries too... I don't know what it is but I find them fascinating.

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 19 April 2021 at 10:07 PM

egg cave, after a very long time.
half•alive's music, which I discovered recently.

Female
222 posts

burrito13 • 19 April 2021 at 10:26 PM

Eggcave too lol, but besides that, mozzarella sticks O.o Preferably the ones from Sonic or my own homemade ones.

Deleted • 19 April 2021 at 11:59 PM

My current is Among Us by Toast, Hafu or 5up

As well as trying to get my Zekka to last stage.

Non-binary
1,065 posts

distorted • 20 April 2021 at 12:14 AM

Recently found out abt Crystal Castles and their music is awesome!

I'm reading too many webtoons
and I've been crying to them too much.

Genderqueer
135 posts

noxura • 20 April 2021 at 4:28 AM

Mine are possibly drawing and reading webtoon 😊

Female
514 posts

boba • 20 April 2021 at 10:40 AM

EGGCAVE and drawing OwO

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 20 April 2021 at 12:29 PM

EggCave, Flight Rising, making my own forum website, Dappervolk.

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 20 April 2021 at 12:48 PM

@izziedragon Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, Pokemon, cats, Pokemon, Pokemon, Egg Cave, drawing, Pokemon.

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 20 April 2021 at 4:26 PM

Egg cave definitely and watching among us

@laylamocha
I watch them play, but I mostly watch Valkyrae

Female
11 posts

wyvernwyrm • 8 May 2021 at 8:35 AM

I’m definitely currently hooked on egg cave lol, but besides that; the mozzarella sticks from Sonic and the pasta salads from Publix! Specifically the Caesar pasta salad, yum. ❤️

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 May 2021 at 1:45 PM

Oh definitely supernatural for me 😊

Female
101 posts

reddish • 9 May 2021 at 6:44 PM

Dragon Cave. For some reason. Right now I'm just trying to get people to click my eggs because I am trying to save abandoned eggs. The only thing I can really do right now is raise abandoned pets. I haven't really progressed in Dragon Cave much so right now I can only have a max of 4 eggs. If you want to (not forcing people to do it, help is much appreciated though) you can click my eggs. Unfortunately you can't click on the links that lead you there, you'll have to search it.

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 9 May 2021 at 9:45 PM

Oh, hot tea for sure ❤️ I drink like 6 cups a day. It's been my addiction for a while ^^"

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 July 2021 at 4:12 AM

Mostly TV shows. (Most are in-between seasons though, so this is recently past and future viewing.)
Clarice, Debris, 'Love, Victor,' Loki, Legacies, and Roswell New Mexico

A certain creature on eggcave. In the past few days my head has even begun making stories about it it. Like the species is fully animated, living, breathing, each with their own individual personalities. Significant differences between the genders. And I've made friends with one and have been having conversations with him in my head 😈 (With my neurological issues I'm suffering from, this is exciting. My imagination has had another spark because of this site. Slowly it feels like it's coming back online. - And it's comforting. After days of not sleeping, it's helping me to relax.)

@jiya
Woot for hot tea! I went through a phase of obsession a couple months ago, drinking way more than my average (1-2 cups a day compared to 1-2 a month.)
I even started a thread for it because I was so excited... but that cooled down fast.
What are you drinking?
I have been surprised. I thought the Hoji Cha would turn into just an occassional chocie, but it's become one of my go-to teas.

24 posts

eerie • 27 July 2021 at 1:22 PM

Eggcave, Eggcave, more Eggcave it has becoming my addiction that and I have found another website like Eggcave and Neopets it is called Goatlings, addicted to that now. Tacos, more tacos. Drawing. Staying indoors because Covid-19 still happening so really being a hermit so I have plenty of time to do my harmless addictions safely haha.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 July 2021 at 2:21 PM

@eerie
can never go wrong with tacos. Especially street vendor style. (Though all of our friends say our American style ones beat that famous chain's any day. Totally miss getting together with friends and making dinner.) Do you have any favorite tacos? Mine is probably the vegetarian one off the chef's secret menu at this authentic place we used to go to. (I forget all what was in it, but it had zucchini and lime.)

I'm going on 5 years huddled indoors due to health problems. (me "Covid? What Covid? I just want to watch a sunset/rise again. *starts to smoke and bubble trying to open a curtain*)
Woot for having time to do things though!

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 5 September 2021 at 4:01 PM

i have an addiction to popcorn. idk why. i just eat a lot of popcorn lol
i also had an unhealthy addiction to hamilton. it wasnt unhealthy per se, but probably unhealthy for my social life haha

Neither
7 posts

ostrywc • 18 May 2022 at 5:49 AM

My headphones
I wear them all the time, heh
And maybe making a scene in my imagination, like I'm an actor, or something like that

Female
2,893 posts

heatherm19 • 18 May 2022 at 6:44 PM

For the past couple years I've had an obsession with Play-Doh, I remember playing with the stuff when I was a kid but I don't think I was ever *this* into it as a kid. I have literally hundreds of Play-Doh cans right now, I don't do any of the complicated sculpting that's advertised or anything like that I just make little shapes with different colors, swirled, rainbow, wavy lines, etc etc. It's so fun and relaxing.

And Eggcave of course... I've never spent real money on any online game and I feel kinda guilty at how much I've spent on CC in just the month that I've been here but the way I look at it, Eggcave is probably literally keeping me sane right now (my mom has been in hospital than rehab for nearly a month now and the distraction and joy I've gotten from this game has been very important!).

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 25 May 2022 at 8:54 PM

biking. its so much fun when the wind hits ur face and makes ur hair fly around. I love it so much. I dont think I will ever get bored of this one like my other hobbies/ interests.

Non-binary
1,065 posts

distorted • 27 May 2022 at 8:03 PM

instagram... my screentime on that is like 7 hours a day

cartoons. i have been hyperfixating HARD on cartoons like toh and amphibia

Trans Male
99 posts

toebeans • 26 July 2022 at 11:10 PM

Playing WildCraft for many many hours, feeding on Eggcave, writing fanfictions-

My WildCraft
Username: WilburSoot
Region: USA West

Female
14 posts

voidcrashinfinity • 8 October 2022 at 6:47 PM

Drawing Pokemon and writing fanfics
Heh

Female
2,299 posts

metaphor • 27 October 2022 at 12:25 AM

Jackbox games lol

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 25 January 2023 at 3:44 PM

I have random harmless addictions all the time, they last for about a month and then something else takes its place lol. Currently addicted to sugar-free ice cream 😋

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 January 2023 at 1:26 AM

my current *harmless* addiction is flirting with digital characters. (Found a really well made card-battle game and the characters are flirty. It makes me blush in the best possible way. I don't have the energy to even maintain friendships in the real world, So I soak up the couple minutes of faux-attention each day.)

Edit: I did DM dragrawr, but if anyone is curious if we're thinking of the same game, the initials on the one I play are O M.

@jlya is that the home-made maker? you have me drooling. I miss ice-cream so much, especially the home-made type. We keep thinking about getting one ourselves but keep chickening out.

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 26 January 2023 at 1:35 AM

Eggcave, pokemon, and anime ❤️

@snowywinter WHICH GAME I THINK I HAVE THAT- dm me omg

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 26 January 2023 at 3:55 AM

Board games and as of yesterday eggcave.

I'm very very sporadically on the site. The new releases helps lots because poking my head in for 2 monthlies for a whole month gets old fast aha.

Board games, I've been really into Catan recently. My housemates like playing it and we're thinking of getting more games soon.

@dragrawr Ooh which animes? My taste recently is a little weird and limited to the offerings that Netfix has so: Vinland, Aggretsuko and the Way of the Househusband lol

@jlya Two weeks ago I was obsessed with corn. It's gone now but everytime I make something with it, the corn song plays in my head. Especially because I /do/ really like it with butter.

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 26 January 2023 at 1:21 PM

@sapphire12 my favorites are Dr. Stone, AOT, and HXH but I’m watching Black Clover atm :] OH AND CSM