Wanted To Buy #WtB, supplement to the Trades Center

in Trading & Auctions

Which hashtag do you prefer? (please read description at bottom of post first)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 October 2021 at 8:28 PM

How many times have you wished there was a way in the Trades Center to easily look for people wanting to buy certain creatures or items? Were frustrated that something you are seeking was only a way for someone to post that they are looking for something else. Didn't have a way to get word out that you want something (without having to make a new thread in the Forums?) Did you not want to wait on a suggestion to become reality? Until that time I am proposing a thread that will work like a hybrid of The Trades Center and classified ads.

People can still post their own threads for things up for trade with all the details and bartering involved.
This is meant to work with a short listings like the Trades Center to quickly connect interested parties.

How it works:
List what you want to buy with #WtB in front of it, and (optional) a short description of what you're willing to pay/trade. Then people looking to get rid of what they have can search for the hashtag using the Forums search and find listings quickly.
(In order for this to work, it would help if once you obtain what you are seeking, you delete/break the hashtag from your post, since this isn't an automatic system like the TC.)

#WtBExampleSpecies
Willing to pay 500,000 EC

#WtBExampleTravelName
Have "other" travel to trade or 5,500 EC. PM me.

Seller can then post a link to a Trade here (Don't forget to ping seeker, seekers don't forget to have your pings turned on and check them,) or contact the seeker by their preferred method.
The Trade Center is encouraged to still be used to complete these deals. (Not transfers.)

"# WtB Example Species" hashtag once deal is finished, post edited.
-- / "Completed" / (Or - can't exactly show a blank space.) - Any of these options would work.

Please note:

This is not for looking for hand outs. This is meant solely as an unofficial extension of the Trades Center.

Please respect the 48 hours freeze on new accounts not being able to use the Trades!

Just to clarify (aside from initial feedback,) there is no need to ping me. Only to those people making trades. This should be a pretty self-running thread.

# w t b is tentative. My reasoning behind "buy" is that it is more precise in indicating that someone is seeking an item/creature, than "trade" that can indicate either direction. "LF" doesn't indicate the intent to buy, but just that someone wants that item (They could be looking for free.)
Will take feedback for about a week.

Amendments inspired by User suggestions/requests/feedback:
Optional: using # WtB in conjunction with WtBSpecies in case a seller isn't searching specific species. (Like browsing through the pages of the Trades Center.)

THANK YOU everyone so far for the thoughts, opinions, and participation on this project. It can only get better when we improve it together.

Female
806 posts

aedia • 1 November 2021 at 2:19 PM

@snowywinter I really love this idea so much!!! Thank you for creating this post!!!

#WtBHaunlupe 400k ec or creature trade here or @laedia

check out this cool thread!
@dragiigy
@raitonchidori
@flanoir
@mariathetotallylegitimateghost

Male
27 posts

glaselkj • 2 November 2021 at 9:15 AM

user glaselkj #WtBLuskrull
Egg please. (optional/recommended: Price you are looking to pay) 1000 or more
https://eggcave.com/mail/150821/conversation?page=1#2010103

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2021 at 2:04 PM

tag: FEEDBACK POST

@aedia Thank you for the praise/feedback!
And for the pings (besides my shyness, I didn't want to clutter the main post. So it is really appreciated that someone else got the ball rolling.)

You may want to also include the LF # in your post. I have a feeling that will end up being the winner of the poll.
(I was contemplating keeping the top 2 contenders, but I think this project will work better if everyone can agree on one hashtag. Less work for the sellers. Better chances of making a match. I see no reason why seekers can't put both in their posts though to cover the bases.)

===

See 1st post in thread
Pings: @frankenstein @sparklefox @tetromino @lilacblack @shadowfaxe @quinn @nut @luv @wild_wonders @netherling @watercress @eleanor @northpaw @rowyn @zx-metalmonster @singasong99
Apologies if I'm bothering anyone (So far I haven't had anyone ask me not to ping them, so I'm just going to carry on as usual. But feel free to ask me to stop at any time.)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2021 at 2:37 PM

@aquafaba Yes you did ^_ ^

(Suggestion/optional to include though is rough estimate of price you're looking to pay, or if it's a creature exchange. And best way to contact you; which could also be a link to your thread.
Mainly it's however you'd post it in the Trades Center. - Some people do keep it minimalistic; technically Just the hashtags work too. - Whatever is your preferred style.)

Female
441 posts

tetra • 2 November 2021 at 3:57 PM

@snowywinter
thanks for the ping, this is a neat idea ❀️

no Mortal Eggs atm please #WtB Hatched/Immortal Magmish
EDIT: #WtBMagmish #LFMagmish
I'll buy any unwanted stage 2s or 3s

(Here's what I've been paying for them😊
2500 ec: hatched mortals /// 5000 ec: hatched immortals
10k ec: mortal whales //// 25k ec: immortal whales
30k ec: star mortals //// 40k ec: star whales

I think there should be a space between the WTB and the species/items. because if you look up hashtagWTB, it's only showing the first post. You have to look more specifically for the other creatures. Not sure if #LF can work by itself since it's less than 4 characters.

I also have an item wishlist here It was be too much to individually hashtag them ^^'' and sometimes I get distracted and forget to update the list. 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 November 2021 at 4:50 PM

@tetromino

The ht for the Magmish would be # WtBMagmish 😊

No space between species and the prefix, it's working fine for the other species / posts / posters. If someone is looking for all WtB, then that would be up to the individual poster to include it in their post or for the seller to scroll through this thread looking for newest posts.
But I thank you for the suggestion. It shows me the importance of editing or emphasizing the suggestion in the main post that posters also include solo # WtB if they want maximum coverage. (I may do a poll on that in a couple weeks too.)
Edit: Pondering it further, I do think you're onto something. # WtB, would be like going to the main Trades page, and those listing by species would be like doing the filter by species option. (But my initial thought is sometimes people want to get rid of a specific species quick, i.e. Monthlies, and may not want to scroll though all the WtB)
(I was wondering the character minimum about LF, but figured it's fine when combined as a prefix to species names. - And I originally specified prefix in the poll, but I got logged out and had to create it all over again and forgot. By the time I remembered, people were already voting.)

edit: breaking ht so i don't receive offers/ clutter listings

edit #2 & 3: sorry about all the extra text, can't make separate post at the moment)
# WtBBunthoff Have [t=993087]Punbundu[t] to trade. male, stage 1
Thank you to the person who gave me one! ❀️