Creature Profile Add-on: Favorite Items ⭐

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you use this feature? If so, preferred max # of displayable items? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 26 July 2023 at 6:25 AM

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY AN ADD-ON. Default layout remains untouched if you prefer not to add favorite items to your pet. I appreciate the support to those who had been waiting for YEARS to have this feature.

In lieu of frequent concerns about overpriced user shop items because of the lack of way to showcase items, I think it would be a great idea to have a “favorite items” box on each creatures’ profiles. I would prefer this over a singular profile display case (though it's a great idea too!) because this feature would give more personality & aesthetic to our creatures' profiles :> It can also potentially increase the value of rare & retired items (as I've observed in other pet sites).

Q: How would it look like?
There would be a maximum of 6(?) items to be displayed to avoid overcrowding of the provided space. Users can have the option to switch their layout of choice (default, beside pet image, below pet image).

Layout #1 (preferred) : https://i.imgur.com/hDTFBI9.png
Layout #2 : https://i.imgur.com/ppuVN6m.png
Old vs new: https://i.imgur.com/I9epxoS.png

Q: What if I don't like my pets to have favorite items?
- Creature profiles would look like the default layout if no favorite items are selected (or user "turns off" favorites option, this is default though so if you don't do anything, it will just look like the usual)

Q: What happens if I click on an item?
Clicking on any of the items would lead to the creature’s collections link (e.g. example collections).

Q: How can I add favorite items to my pet?
To add an item as a creature's favorite, the user still has to consume the item from the inventory and below/beside the consume button, there would be an "Add to Favorite Items" button.
Visualizer: https://i.imgur.com/bujeyyo.png

Another way this could go is that every item on the creature's collections would have a star button that adds that item to the favorites list.

Q: How can I remove a favorite item from my pet?
To remove the item, you'll have to go to the creature's collections page and it will show all the creature's favorite items with a delete button and order numbers similar to the cove list creatures so that the user can organize them.

Feel free to suggest other ways to do this!

Would highly appreciate comments and poll votes ^-^
I think it's about time this has to be implemented, considering all other pet websites I've joined also have this feature.

Pinging some users who may be interested!! ❤️
@daisycat @wonder404exe @heatherm19 @pinkhanni @ian (hehe~)

Female
928 posts

shirothekittehlover • 26 July 2023 at 7:22 AM

@twinkle
Love this idea sm ❤️
(I personally prefer 6 items max, but just 4 is okay too-)

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 26 July 2023 at 8:45 AM

@twinkle hey this sounds really cool!

I've got a bunch of items in my strongroom that i bought just because they were cute haha! I'd love somewhere to display them more visibly as well. The look of them on the creature profiles fits in nicely in the mock ups (those are so helpful with visualising the whole idea btw)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 26 July 2023 at 9:22 AM

@shirothekittehlover @amethyst_elf448
Awww thank you for the support guys!! ❤️
I also got a lot of stuff in my strongroom that I'd love to display :>

please Eggcave I begggg ;w;

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 26 July 2023 at 12:05 PM

My first thought when seeing the example screenshot: YES!! Honestly one of my favorite things immediately obvious about this is the use of space on the page, there is always so much empty space around the creature-image and it would be really nice to put that space to good use. (And I love how your Smitten seems to be looking at her favorite items, lol!)

I'm kind of surprised that we don't have *some* way to display our items at this point, considering how often people ask for it and the issues surrounding hijacking the user shops as a work-around. While I support the display-case idea I actually like this better, because it allows for more freedom and creativity with it. We can match our 'favorite items' with the creature's personality, or show off items inspired by that creature like you did with the Smitten. We'll be able to show off *more* items easier without having huge pages full of images. It also could inspire users to use/obtain items they may not have known about or thought about, if they see it on a creature's page when feeding.

WANT. Like really, please Eggcave? Pleeeeeease?

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 26 July 2023 at 6:34 PM

Ditto ^^
Thank you so much, Heather!! ❤️
I'd also love to see how people use this feature and get to discover some really cute items I'd never even thought of using before 😊

Pinging some more friends~
@dragrawr @tryvegan4theanimals @snowywinter @thedarkarcher @juniperrains

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 26 July 2023 at 7:20 PM

@twinkle I think this would be a great idea! I’d love to use this feature to discover new items! I could see myself setting up a spooky theme.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 26 July 2023 at 8:41 PM

@juniperrains Thank you for the support!! ❤️ 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 July 2023 at 9:46 PM

To be honest I have very little interest in using a feature like this. I'd only use it on a handful of creatures (and I'm not sure how long it would take me to get around to actually using it.)

(It's a lovely idea, *I'm* just too frazzled all the time and disorganized. Much more likely to use a repository that i can just throw items in haphazardly en masse.)

If this idea is implemented ^^ I'd like for it to be below, above, or next to the section that shows their potion usage (Stars, Frozen, etc.) (instead of next to the creature)

(OMG @twinkle those are great example graphics! Love the official looking mock-ups! You did a fantastic job with them! < 3 )

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 26 July 2023 at 10:16 PM

@snowywinter
Awww I appreciate the honest remarks and kind words, Winter!! ❤️
I won't use this for all my pets as well! Definitely will be using the add-on for my Dreamies so their profiles won't look empty and simply just to add more character to them :>

I also made an edit for the section to show above the potions
Visualizer: https://i.imgur.com/ppuVN6m.png
It kinda looked messy to me so I would prefer the layout I posted above 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 July 2023 at 10:48 PM

@twinkle
*fan flail*
I LOVE that new layout! : D

(and yeah... that's me... honest with my opinion when asked for it.)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 29 July 2023 at 8:43 PM

@snowywinter I've linked it to the original post in case others would prefer it too~
Maybe an option to switch layouts? :0

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 29 July 2023 at 11:18 PM

@twinkle
*peaks in*
WOO HOO YASS
*Runs away for the trades*
SMITTENS-

(I cant choose between the layouts)
HOW DID U DO THOSE THO??
THE BUTTON??
I- (what is the font lmao)

Other people will have a use for this thing but i dont think i will other than ehh
Role plays-
(trying not to be offtopic here but the SU roleplay you still remember >_>? its ded)
or my tavel collection but it cant have too much stuff added ehHHHHHhhh
im a very indecisive person but if someone make a choice ill follow it
well see ig
(ive seen this before haven i? hmmm where...
HMMM
HM
oh. that PM)
if this gets implemented i hope i dont see 10mil ec items AGAIN
its not i hate them
its like "oh theres one shop that sells the item! great!!"
and then you see the list of 0's

love this im getting off topic mods dont kill me

I feel like this is more customizable than most ideas?
I have an idea: you can have two different lists
like the layout one https://i.imgur.com/hDTFBI9.png
but on both sides of the creature not just one
idk just an silly idea

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 29 July 2023 at 11:23 PM

@wonder404exe lmaoo XD
Thanks for the support, Wonder! ❤️ 😊
Maaan RIP to the RP :c
I can imagine making a galaxy-themed collection for my lonto hehe~

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 30 July 2023 at 12:21 AM

I've said it on the discord already but I'll say it again here where it counts -I think it's a great idea! I think it would make creature profiles more interesting and make them feel more alive, as well as just bringing more individuality and customisation into coves and profiles. ❤️

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 30 July 2023 at 12:13 PM

The customization is a big appeal here imo. While the current layout of a creature-page is alright, it's also pretty static. The only thing we can really do to change anything about that page is add to the profile-text section. It would be really nice to make our creature's pages a little more individualized, have a little more input on what goes on that page, while also having an easier way to 'display' items.

Non-binary
1,413 posts

provo7demons • 31 July 2023 at 6:56 AM

@twinkle This is a really cool idea! I'm not sure if I'd use it myself, as I'm just coming back to the site after a long break and getting used to everything again, but I can definitely see how it would make a lot of people happy; it's a great way to add a little more character to creature pages!

Female
26 posts

xmar_27 • 31 July 2023 at 7:28 AM

Oh yes I love this idea!

I like the 2nd lay out the best! And i would prefer 6 items max. Otherwise it would be too much i think.

It would be really nice to see what everyone is collecting and such.

Female
897 posts

mythisea • 31 July 2023 at 9:41 AM

I love the first option that can put the items right next to the creature! The example you gave is like the gold star example to me - putting items that uniquely match that creature to make it extra cute. I don't really care between 4 vs 6 but I would love to have a way to display used items. I don't see much point to using items unless someone's trying to make the leaderboard but this would actually make using items worth it.

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 31 July 2023 at 8:23 PM

@twinkle
Super cute idea, Twinkle! Your visualizers are perfection. :-)
I would definitely use this feature for some of my pets!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 4 August 2023 at 4:02 AM

I appreciate all the support! 😊

Gender Nonconforming
226 posts

dibabeebees • 12 August 2023 at 3:40 AM

I think this would be a great add-on! Especially for the role-playing community who love fleshing out their pets' individual personalities. I feel like this, and an overall item showcase would be good!

Like you could add items you don't have to a liked items, but an item showcase you could only use to *showcase yer items*

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 12 August 2023 at 2:02 PM

I think this is a great idea! so many items are based off of creatures on the site and would look cute on a creature profile. I'm so impressed by how you managed to make the images look so similar to the actual site. I collect quite a few items myself, so it'd be great to have a way to showcase them alongside creatures instead of only using the user shop.