[🧡🧢Craft/Plushie] Creature Suggestion: The Croachet [🐸]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 November 2023 at 3:29 AM

Hello!

Simply, I wanted to make a crochet inspired creature. I thought Crochet.. Croak(chet).. Croachet!

And thus a crocheted frog was what I settled on. I immediately hit up @redflipflap as I loved the work for the Plushorp. Friendly (mostly) and soft, we hope you love the little froggie.

Art for the Croachet: https://shorturl.at/cyA13
#redflipflapart

Fully aware that crochet patterns for frogs exist, so heavily took inspiration from them. If it's not unique enough, happy for the EC artist to give their own twist to it. Providing the baby (my fave) and teen (flips' fave) stages are kept similar to the concept art.

About Croachet Eggs

In the darkness of the cave, one reaches for an egg to find something.. soft? Picking it up is simple as this egg barely weighs anything.

Bringing it closer towards the light, a knitted pattern emerges. One thinks, "Strange, why would somebody leave their sweater in the cave?"

Faint croaks answer your queries.

About the Croachet Creature

Over time, the Croachet seemingly knits itself together with parts scattered around their owner's house. The buttons of coats and cardigans disappear and reappear in the form of the Croachet's eyes. Picky with the parts it uses to complete itself, it's not rare to find rejected buttons around them. The cheeky smile of the baby Croachet, however, makes it difficult to discipline them.

Young Croachets eventually fashion themselves some arms - although not much use as they still need to flip themselves over to get around. This is when a Croachet needs the most attention - often climbing into their owner's pockets and being mistaken for the plushies at the Toy Shop.

Now used to the attention and fawning, an adult Croachet's wide smile turns quickly into a loud screech when they're hungry. No zubflugs, godes, reminsects, or young savarabs are safe from them. When their hunger is satiated however, they croak happily - their favourite spot being a sunny windowsill in the early mornings.

Pings:
@ashlinnhi
@kudo
@daisycat
@twinkle
@chaotictreat

#creaturesuggestion

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 8 November 2023 at 3:58 AM

@sapphire12 I LOVE IT!!! ❀️ The concept and the critter itself are just what I would even want to own irl lol ❀️

Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 November 2023 at 4:11 AM

@sapphire12 @redflipflap
Oh my gosh, what an adorable lil baby ❀️ I love frogs and simplistic creatures, so this is perfect for me ><
(Too bad none of my bug critters would like its presence tho :[)

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 November 2023 at 4:11 AM

@twinkle thank you twinkle! πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

Crocheted plushes are really nice - I have a couple that are actually used as a keyring haha

59 posts

mars • 8 November 2023 at 4:18 AM

@shirothekittehlover replying from my side bc I can't double post lol

Thank you! Yes bugs are their favourite snick snacks πŸ›πŸ›πŸ› be very careful

Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 November 2023 at 7:20 AM

Time to ping some ppl, hehe ;p
@prairie
@boba
@noman15

Male
3 posts

yousha • 8 November 2023 at 7:29 AM

I like the imagery
The patches and the buttons
Stitching itself some arms as it grows
Being a cranky hungry frog

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 November 2023 at 8:21 AM

@yousha hehe thank you 😊 I think @redflipflap and I agree, lil bro is a general menace πŸ˜ƒ

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 8 November 2023 at 8:34 AM

@shirothekittehlover we can help mediate some sort of peaceful understanding with the bugs, I gotchu I gotchu

Thank y’all for your kind words about this fat, round boy!!!

Pings:
@wonder404exe
@dragrawr
@kataclysm

Female
1,293 posts

daisycat • 8 November 2023 at 8:49 AM

@sapphire12 @redflipflap
I love it! ❀️ Great name! The colored image really does look like a plushie. It looks like that soft chenille yarn that is perfect for crocheted or knit plushies. *o* Very cute progression of stages.

Plushies and knitting are things I love (I do not know how to crochet), so this is extra adorable to me. My mom has knit many a plushie (and so much clothing), while I have only knit more simple things. She could easily whip up a sassy lil Croachet. x)

"Picky with the parts it uses to complete itself, it's not rare to find rejected buttons around them."
So cute!!

"they still need to flip themselves over"
eyyyy redflipflap cameo

Thank you for the ping, Saph!

@matcha

Female
2,202 posts

ashlinnhi • 8 November 2023 at 8:52 AM

amazinggg stuff Saph and Sarah! the name, design and description are all adorable ❀️ the crochet theme is something real cute and unique, which i would love to see around the site!

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 8 November 2023 at 8:52 AM

@daisycat redflipflap cameo, I’m dead πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Random pings: @sparklefox @brookie @snowywinter

@ashlinnhi thank u, luv u β™‘ fΓΆrgboy 🐸 does too

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 November 2023 at 9:32 AM

@daisycat omg thank you! The amount of times I had to google "crochet knit" like I had to be sure it's a type of knit or is it just a crochet ;^; This means that I am okay hahah

Gosh I would love to see a sassy little Croachet. I have a friend who loves crocheting plushies - maybe I'll buy a little Croachet off her πŸ’“

Yknow I actually put that "flip themselves over" on purpose and I even wanted to italicise flip to make a point. It's so funny that you got it immediately while @redflipflap flip flapped over it multiple times πŸ˜ͺ

@ashlinnhi thanks so much ash! Yeah I really wanted to see a crochet creature because I love textures in general. I hope it comes around!

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 8 November 2023 at 9:38 AM

@sapphire12 I’m being BULLIED 😀 /lh

Female
1,293 posts

daisycat • 8 November 2023 at 9:41 AM

@sapphire12
LOL "flip flapped over it"

One way that crocheting and knitting are different is that one uses a crochet hook with, typically, one active stitch, and the other uses knitting needles with many active stitches. I know there are sticklers about using the words as synonyms or interchangeably, but I think for this application it's fine. 😊

I really do hope to see this creature on EC! Looking forward to the artist's rendition of a detailed crocheted pattern. x)

180 posts

noman15 • 8 November 2023 at 11:26 AM

My first thought with the concept was a knitten harassing this frog, and it looks like there's a lot of knitting/crocheting discussion going on.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 November 2023 at 12:38 PM

@redflipflap πŸ’…

@daisycat thank goodness i have passed the internal review. That's actually really interesting, I've never actually known the difference between them. To me the difference just looks like crochet results in a chunkier look(?)

For the knitting gods out there, please I bear no ill will. Saying "crochet" over and over again for a creature called "Croachet" messes with your brain.

@noman15 knitten harassing this frog πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€ im sorry frog you're not the top of the food chain after all

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 8 November 2023 at 12:54 PM

omg FROG!! i love frogs so much and this creature is adorable, i need it in my cove now ;^;

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 8 November 2023 at 1:07 PM

I can't get over those big adorable eyes in the baby stage, that plus the overall shape and texture makes it look so huggable! Definitely need one in my cove! (Or five, or more...)

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 8 November 2023 at 2:10 PM

@heatherm19 frog hoard frog hoard frog hoard

Female
1,729 posts

lexicon • 8 November 2023 at 2:21 PM

@sapphire12 @redflipflap

i ribbit love ribbit them ribbit

the egg reminds me of the ryby a little bit but i love the creature, he's just a little guy! 10/10 would collect the 1st stage as a squishmallow

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 8 November 2023 at 2:33 PM

@lexicon its funny that you mention squishmallows bc the teen stage is deffo giving jellycat vibes, in my humble opinion

Female
1,729 posts

lexicon • 8 November 2023 at 2:47 PM

@redflipflap

hol up *googles jellycat* yes you're absolutely right xD ricky rain frog jellycat is a whole mood. i recently got into squishmallows and i only allow myself one (1) hyperfixation at a time loll (although now i nEED THE JELLYCAT DRAGON OMGG why flips whyy)

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 8 November 2023 at 3:04 PM

@lexicon omg i used to have SOOOOOOOOOOO many squishmallows. i still have a good amount but i've cut back severely

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 November 2023 at 4:19 PM

@appleblizzard fwog! Thank you for loving the froggie - I think we are sorely missing cutie froggies

@heatherm19 also my fave stage ❀️ I think the art can be simple enough for it to be a cave creature ( I've noticed the more extravagant ones get pulled to be a CSP) . I even wrote the cave into it's lore hint hint. So I really hope we get this as a monthly and we all can get as many froggies as we can!

@lexicon I hope the eggs become more fluffy than the Ryby - he really is just a smol dude πŸ˜ƒ

Pings (hope they all go through)
@provo7demons
@kataclysm
@isis

Non-binary
1,392 posts

provo7demons • 8 November 2023 at 4:23 PM

@sapphire12 oh I am going to SOB...I immediately adore this so much! I'm a huge knitter so a crochet frog has my entire heart ❀️

I definitely hope this gets approved asap, and as a cave creature- I need to have a frarmy (frog army) immediately!! (and oh my gosh, I love all the stages but the second and third are ADORABLE)

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 8 November 2023 at 4:27 PM

PLEASE this deserves to be a cute lil cave critter. Adorable πŸ₯Ί

Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 November 2023 at 9:11 PM

Just realized, this lil chonk would also go very well alongside Prairie's Yorm! :0c

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 9 November 2023 at 2:11 AM

As a frog enjoyer and plushie enthusiast this one is an instant win for me, I want 5 please! So cute πŸ₯Ίβ€οΈβ€οΈ

721 posts

nut • 9 November 2023 at 7:03 PM

love to see it, definitely need a yarn theme month with Yorm ❀️