πŸ‘ΉπŸ¦– KARNAKAI [dino suggestion]πŸ¦–πŸ‘Ή

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

raa?

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 10 February 2024 at 8:59 PM

#creaturesuggestion
#dragrawrscreatures

BUCKLE UP!! Big dinosaur suggestion coming right at you!!

for what month? ... erm... mayhaps November since that is the Yokai Festival? Maybe this could be a limited in the cave during that time

Hey guys!! I am excited to show you all my newest creation, the Karnakai! A very vengeful spirit of a dinosaur. Specifically, the Carnotaurus. πŸ’™

Details:
Height: 3 m
Habitat: Underworld

I did a lot of research into this, thus why a lot of the description reflects mainly Japanese culture as well as mythology to do with the Oni.

LINK
https://ibb.co/1LpRX7J

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ I hope you guys enjoy it!!
πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

note: I would like the "fairy artist" *is that what we are calling them? :,]* to create this suggestion if picked!! thank you so much!

NOTES:
- golden pupil with dark eyes
- gold features are shiny, not yellow
- the tail is a club, so added "wood" texture would be a possibility !
- colors can be desaturated if needed
- pls try to keep poses/base colors the same!
thank you!

description

Egg:

The heavy Shimenawa around this egg is repelling the bad spirits that may want to harm this crimson, very sharp egg.

Creature:

Karnakai are one of the versions of the reincarnated prehistoric dinosaurs. The Karnakai in particular are very vengeful and were considered one of the most powerful of the dinosaurs in its time, its waist reinforcing this idea with the adornment of the Shimenawa. Due to its indomitable spirit, this brute has reincarnated itself into an oni-like beast, its hatred for the asteroid that caused its extinction running hot like lava through its veins.

This dangerous creature’s golden fangs protrude from its mouth in a menacing manner, displaying its superiority and strength. Similarly, its giant golden horns increase in size, proportional to the amount of rage it holds. Its tail has morphed into a club-like appendage with numerous sharp spikes that deal serious damage to anyone that gets the blunt end of its tail attacks. This dinosaur deals heavy blows with its head and body as well, often assuming a sumo-like stance right before charging.

Considering its innate behavior it is best to keep away from such demons, but they can be formidable allies too. They provide protection, warding off evil spirits and keeping its allies safe under its piercing gaze.

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ‘ΉπŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

pings:
@Ian πŸ’™πŸ‘Ή
@foreigners
@lexicon
@redflipflap
@silvia
@twinkle
@wonder404exe

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 10 February 2024 at 9:03 PM

@dragrawr OMGGG WHAAAT πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ή
That looks incredible, drag!! The level of detail and coloring could easily pass as an actual creature here, you're amazing aaaaaa ❀️

Transmasculine
446 posts

shrimp • 10 February 2024 at 9:06 PM

YESSS I LOVE DINOSAURS THIS IS SO AMAZING!!!!! I would absolutely LOVE to have this in my cove one day omg ❀️

Female
1,730 posts

lexicon • 10 February 2024 at 9:09 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HAVE BEEN WAITING AND IT WAS WORTH IT ;A;

He's soo beautiful. The colors are fabulous. The oni mashup dino realness??? I LOVE him your honor

@dormammu
@anarchy
@provo7demons
@ashlinnhi
@hikanu

1,959 posts

opalquinze • 10 February 2024 at 9:20 PM

carnotaurs are dope af and this one’s already set to be a banger in my eyes πŸ‘

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 10 February 2024 at 9:25 PM

@dragrawr WAAAAAAAAAAAA DINOOOO
me like
me love
me eat

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 10 February 2024 at 9:48 PM

Another banger from dragrawr ;-; I'd have an army in a hot second!!

@lexicon tysm for the ping ❀️!

1,133 posts

hikanu • 10 February 2024 at 10:26 PM

The baby stage might actually make me cry. Look how cute it is with its tongue sticking out. (':

Female
923 posts

shirothekittehlover • 10 February 2024 at 11:32 PM

@dragrawr
A dinosaur? Mixed with Japanese mythology? HECK YEAH! πŸ¦–πŸ¦–

1,036 posts

anarchy • 11 February 2024 at 12:02 AM

@dragrawr my inner dinosaur-obsessed 6 year old self feels so seen and heard rn πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί love the details, colors, and the Japanese yokai influences, it all goes together super well! you need to STOP making the baby stages so adorable tho i'm a sucker for sleepy bb poses and i can only afford so many freezes T_T

and thanks @lexicon for the ping!!

320 posts

chihiro_sang • 11 February 2024 at 12:12 AM

It's an awesome dino and yokai themed critter.

Agender
95 posts

silvia • 11 February 2024 at 1:28 AM

Aaa I was waiting for this one so much, had no doubts it would be awesome! And I didn't even know Yokai Day was a thing, it would be really awesome to have something special and in theme on here for the day. 😭

About the art, I particularly love the color scheme (blue and red + shiny golden just go so well together) and the various poses (I yet have to decide which stage has my heart). I love the menacing and grumpy expressions as well... a big thumbs up my dude. βœ¨πŸ‘

Female
2,216 posts

ashlinnhi • 11 February 2024 at 8:47 AM

thank you for the ping @lexicon!!

@dragrawr YAY, DINOSAURS!! AHH!!! i'm in love with the colours you've used and appreciate all the research you've done for this creature! my favourites have to be either the egg (it reminds me of the turtle shell from mario kart hahaha) or that last stage... he's so angry but so friend-shaped...

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 11 February 2024 at 9:46 AM

Dinosaurs you say πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

(Big fan of the color palette, the child stage is so cute)

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 11 February 2024 at 10:31 PM

dragrawr i have no idea how every single one of your creature suggestions rocks as much as it does. this is GREAT!!! loving the gradient on its body and the cute li'l tongue on the child stage. what a charmer!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 12 February 2024 at 12:50 AM

I really love the color palette on this one!! βœ§Λ–Β°.
Blues, Reds and Yellows. Something about it I'm telling you.

Also, last stages pose is so epic! Give super cool vibes.

Non-binary
1,403 posts

provo7demons • 12 February 2024 at 1:25 PM

@dragrawr Ooh, I LOVE the colors on this guy! The adult stage looks so powerful, but all of the stages are wonderful!!

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 12 February 2024 at 4:18 PM

@dragrawr i love the 2nd stage so much it is absolutely adorable 😸
i love the colors, it's like primary colours but they complement each other so well!
i think its very cool how you combined the oni and dino concepts

Female
1,730 posts

lexicon • 12 February 2024 at 11:04 PM

I think I like the adult stage the best the more I look at it. Baby is so precious with its lil tongue out but that last stage o: personality for dayss

Would be perfect for a dino-themed month... or even yokai themed??? πŸ’€πŸ‘ΊπŸ‘»πŸ‘Ή

@frankenstein
@toebeans
@jlya
@musical_slytherclaw
@nut

Check him outβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’™

Female
1,122 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 13 February 2024 at 9:08 AM

aww the baby stage is going "mlem"
I love this so much, haven't seen any yokai creatures from what I remember, either way you always have the best suggestions drag ❀️
ty for the ping lexi 😊

Female
2,402 posts

ida92 • 13 February 2024 at 9:16 AM

@dragrawr as an adult who never grew out of dinosaurs - I absolutely love it. 😊

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 16 February 2024 at 3:37 AM

@dragrawr
very cool design. will love to see it made

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 21 February 2024 at 5:35 PM

sorry for the late replies, ive been busy and i wanted to reply with honesty and a lack of stress!! X3

@twinkle uwaqaah thank you so much ;w; Im so glad you think so!! The colors were hard to get down but once I got it I was so excited!!! ❀️ ❀️ ❀️

@foreigners I hope you can get it in your cove!! X3 DINOSAURS RULE RAAA ❀️ ❀️

@lexicon thank you so much ❀️ ;w; ❀️ I know i kept you waiting hehe-- the oni combo is one of my faves on anything and everything!!

@musical_slytherclaw yokai are one of my biggest inspirations!! That and Kaiju! So im so glad you like it!! ❀️ the "mlem" is my favorite ;w; ❀️

@ida92 we r the same then XD I loved dinos as a kid and now with adult money.. well.. i may be a little bit irresponsible XP

@murfijs thank you so much !! ❀️

@opalquinze carnotaurus my beloved ❀️ ❀️

@wonder404exe DO NOT THE CAT!!!! he is not for consumption >:[ ❀️

@dormammu this comment made me smile so wide ughghhgrh ❀️ i try so hard to make bangers im glad people like them ❀️ ❀️

@hikanu waaaa thank you ;w; the little guy makes me so happy RRRGHH

@shirothekittehlover HECK YEAH DINOSAURS AND MYTHOOLOGY!!! RAA ❀️

@anarchy i cant help it babies r just sooo cute!! Your comment made me really happy >< im so glad I can cater to your dino-obsessed 6yr old self!! ❀️ my aim is to make creatures everyone can enjoy !!

@chihiro_sang tysm ! ❀️

@silvia uwaaah thank you silvia im gonna bawl ❀️ I would love to see the Yokai Day here on eggcave, it is such an interesting and unique festival!! ❀️

@ashlinnhi thank you!! The appreciation for the research makes me happy ughuehuhe ❀️ i try my best not to insult anyone/use the mythology and culture correctly! ❀️

@redflipflap D I N O S A U R ❀️

@endrolled ;;w;; thank you so much ugh everyone is so sweet i feel so oveerwhelmed (in a really good way!!) so thank you so much for always supporting >< ❀️

@prairie The perspective + eggcave format is janky and silly but his head needed to be the main focus!! The colors were a bit rough to start but it turned out well!! Thank you sm ;w; ❀️

@provo7demons Im glad people are liking the last stage !! I try to make every stage good, just in case people cant afford freezing (me) XD ❀️

@icecloud101 thnak you so much for your support!! Yippe primary colors!! (this was so hard to make) ❀️

i think that's everyone,, if not just know this meant the world to me!!

some pings (srry) ❀️
@valorieviolet
@silkenoid
@spacebunny
@komore

Female
324 posts

disney • 1 March 2024 at 12:53 AM

@dragrawr - the first stage has my heart ❀️

Love this guy so much!!

349 posts

cho • 1 March 2024 at 2:51 PM

first stage YESSSSSSSSSS (sleepy creatures :"D) ❀️ i also like how the ribbons(?) are incorporated into the design (idk what they are called) i think it's an element in japanese mythical creatures/yokais ??? (like Kisagi, Orciel's ribbon too but different) but regardless, would like to see this get made.

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 14 March 2024 at 6:52 PM

@disney aaa thank you so much!!

@cho EEPY CREATURES MY BELOVED!!! Yes! Its an element on keeping away bad spirits, etc, and is based off Japanese culture/mythology ! : D ❀️ ❀️

pings?
@ravensong @sm0395
@christine13531

316 posts

ravensong • 14 March 2024 at 7:01 PM

I really like the coloring and artwork. The information and research you put into this creature is really cool. I have a question though, what does the blue rope tied in a bow is supposed to symbolize? And why is it only untied in the teen stage? This isn't critique but purely curiosity! 😊

Female
7 posts

sm0395 • 14 March 2024 at 9:37 PM

Oh my, I always have a soft spot for dragons/dinos but the derp in the baby stage killed me (with cuteness)

overall LOVE it, the color dynamic are awesome! I love how the red and the blue makes a beautiful contrast 😊

Female
478 posts

christine13531 • 14 March 2024 at 10:59 PM

Wowie, the Karnakai looks awesome possum!!! +w+
(sHeEsH)

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 31 March 2024 at 9:54 PM

@christine13531 thank you so much : DD your compliment is so kind ❀️❀️

@sm0395 yesss !! I love dragons and dinos too so muuuch!! ❀️❀️❀️

@ravensong thank you so much 😭❀️ (I answered the untie thing on your wall lol)

I’m so glad everyone is liking this fella 😭😭❀️