Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 16 December 2018 at 1:36 PM

Oh my gosh b'golly I am so stressed right now due to finals and I just wanna go home. I only have one more day of testing and projects due. I just have to finish up the last few details of my composition and just one more exam and then I'm free. I'm so ready for this semester to be over so I can just sleep again ToT

Female
354 posts

corpse • 17 December 2018 at 9:14 AM

Were currently in our school SOLs right now and i'm stressed out. Too much work for me.

Female
173 posts

soprano • 17 December 2018 at 9:19 AM

Exam season is coming up.

Guess we’re all stressed...
*cries in the corner*

Female
354 posts

corpse • 17 December 2018 at 9:22 AM

Talking to you guys makes me feel better. Takes of the stress.

Female
9 posts

satin • 17 December 2018 at 10:54 AM

@soprano I feel like the weekend went to fast. ;w;

I had school today but only 4 more days and its BRAKE!

Female
354 posts

corpse • 17 December 2018 at 10:57 AM

Wait! That means its only a couple more days till CHRISTMAS!!!

Female
192 posts

vanley • 17 December 2018 at 12:49 PM

Best part about being in college is your get the entire month of December off for the holidays XD

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 17 December 2018 at 12:52 PM

forgot about this topic !!! 😊 😊 😊

i agree @vanley 😋 my break is over a month long it's sooooo nice

currently waiting for my plane to board so i can go home 😊 anyone want a cove feed? i got mad time

Female
173 posts

soprano • 17 December 2018 at 6:07 PM

@satin
Same here! My holiday starts in 4 days 😃

But at least exams start right after the holidays for me so I have time to revise. I only get 2 weeks off though...

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 30 December 2018 at 1:19 PM

I’m bored lol

Female
785 posts

pretzel • 30 December 2018 at 1:22 PM

Tacos!~

Female
173 posts

soprano • 2 January 2019 at 12:26 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!!! 😃
How’s everyone recently?

(planned on posting on forums yesterday but went visibly insane with my friends because it’s music month)

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 2 January 2019 at 4:18 AM

@soprano HNY!!!

My parents got us a Switch for Christmas/New Year. Granted, it doesn't have Splatoon 2, or Just Shapes and Beats, but Let's Go Eevee is definitely fun!

Female
173 posts

soprano • 2 January 2019 at 6:08 AM

@aqua_sylph
That sounds cool 😃 My family also owns a switch, but we usually just stick to Mario Party and Mario Kart XD

I’m pretty sure you can get a Splatoon game in the Nintendo shop though (I’m not sure what it’s exactly called). I’ll have to check to be sure. 😋

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 2 January 2019 at 6:19 AM

@soprano Splatoon 2? My dad didn't allow us to buy more than one external game, and I wasn't able to find Just Shapes and Beats. So we bought Let's Go Eevee as the external game, and bought Mario Kart as a discount (there was a discount in the shop where you could buy a Switch and Mario Kart together in the same box). On the other hand Dad insisted on buying Super Mario Party 8!

By the way, who's your favorite Mario character?

Female
173 posts

soprano • 2 January 2019 at 6:36 AM

@aqua_sylph
Mario Party 8? I’m pretty sure that was on Wii, but I’m not sure. I used to play that and Mario Party 9 on Wii, but it broke so I don’t have it anymore. Now I play Mario Party 11 (Super Mario Party) on Switch.

How’s Let’s Go Eevee though? I’m interested in knowing XD

And about Mario characters, my favorite is Rosalina. I guess it’s because blue’s my favorite color, I like galatic stuff, and her elegance is quite a likable quality (It’s weird cuz I’ve only tried Super Mario Galaxy once or twice a few years ago and failed miserably at it). Personally I also find her the least damsel out of the 3 princesses? I could be wrong though... 😋

What about you?

PS: Yoshi and Daisy are also close seconds.

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 14 January 2019 at 8:08 PM

@shadowy_overseer

The first character I made was based on an anime character but I actually don't like the character in DnD and the main group I play with, I'm a Tiefling Sorcerer with draconic (Brass) ancestry and I'm an archaeologist as that's an actual thing in DnD!! I don't have wings on mine though but when I think of my character, I'm reminded of the Symettra's (from Overwatch) dragon skin. My character also really likes fire and I bought the wand of fireballs off a team mate for 150 gold and 4 favours which...who knows what will happen with that. The last favour from that team mate (bard) ended up dressing another team mate in a nurse outfit and performing some sort of play. I wasn't there for that session but it does worry me.

@aqua_sylph @soprano

I love Let's Go Eevee, I bought it as soon as it came out and I got the Pokeball + with it ❤️ Unfortunately I've dropped the Pokeball + and now it doesn't have sound :/ I do enjoy the game because it's just a relaxed version of Pokemon. There's no stress of not being able to defeat someone but you can end up being underlevelled if you're not wary of your team's level.

I would suggest buying Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the switch as it has so many hours of gameplay!

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 14 January 2019 at 8:26 PM

Centaurs have six limbs and therefore are classified as insects. Discuss.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 14 January 2019 at 8:30 PM

@lazyanon
Hmmm that's really unsettling... O.o

Reminds me of how tomatoes are fruits- does it make ketchup a smoothie?

Female
173 posts

soprano • 14 January 2019 at 11:31 PM

@mastergemma
I sually play switch during the holidays, that’s not often. But I’ll check out Legends of Zelda. It’s weird that I’ve came across the Zelda series several times but never played any games.

@lazyanon
That is one awfully big insect XD But do insects have to have strictly 6 feet? Or are they insects as long as they have at least 6 feet? If that’s the case, do crabs counts as insects?

@skyfall4
Does that mean we dip our fries in smoothies? I mean at least people who eat pure ketchup shouldn’t be considered as weird since they’re technically just having a smoothie.

And come to think of it, what is a corn exactly? A fruit? Vegetable? Carbohydrate?
(my mind is going places rn)

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 14 January 2019 at 11:46 PM

@soprano
What is corn? My brain says vegetable, but it's sweet like a fruit...

Huh. Does that mean tomato belongs in fruit salad?

Female
173 posts

soprano • 14 January 2019 at 11:48 PM

@skyfall4
What about carbohydrates? Corn grows from wheat...

Technically yes. But the fruit salad squad unwelcomes it ☹️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 14 January 2019 at 11:54 PM

@soprano
True, true... corn shall remain a mystery 😋

HAVE NO FEAR, SKYFALL IS HERE. WE SHALL WELCOME YOU IN OUR FRUIT SALADS, LITTLE TOMATO

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 15 January 2019 at 3:05 AM

@soprano @skyfall4

Corn is one of the first GMOs ever produced by humans, ~10,000 years ago! It was modified to become bigger and it never used to be yellow either.

Female
173 posts

soprano • 15 January 2019 at 9:33 AM

@mastergemma
I did some a bit of research on genetically modified maize because of that fact, and that got complicated real quick 😋 wonder how it got genetically modified so many years ago...

One of my teachers actually asked me that question a few years back. Apparently it's a fruit, vegetable AND a carbohydrate. Some people also classify it as a seed, which in my opinion makes things much easier that way

@skyfall4
Also about the tomatoes, bell peppers are technically fruits too...they should be welcomed into the fruit salad squad too

Now come to think of it, fruits like bananas, watermelons, and even eggplants (apparently they're fruits too...) are berries, but strawberries, blackberries and raspberries aren't...
so what exactly is a berry?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 15 January 2019 at 2:42 PM

@soprano
Berries are fruits where the seeds are on the inside... what do banana seeds look like anyway?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 28 January 2019 at 7:35 PM

I am learning so much! About Tomato and Bellpepper!!! 😸

Female
173 posts

soprano • 28 January 2019 at 11:15 PM

@qerrats
Forget about school. Let's learn about tomatoes and bellpeppers here!

@skyfall4
You know those black dots on bananas? Yeah they're the seeds. Except I googled "Banana Seeds" and apparently they can be really big and it's really nasty 😋

@firedawn also said that banana are genetically modified to have no seeds (or at least, they have really tiny ones that makes it easier to eat). Does that mean all bananas are clones?
We need a banana cast of Orphan Black

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 28 January 2019 at 11:17 PM

@soprano CLONE BANANAS??? wow, this is so much more interesting than slave trade!!! (that's what we are learning about. ☹️) CLONE BANANAS HAVE COME TO DESTROY OUR FUTURE!!! AND THEY ALL EAT TOMATO-BELLPEPPER FRUIT SALADS!!!

Female
173 posts

soprano • 28 January 2019 at 11:23 PM

@qerrats
PREPARE FOR BANANA CLONE REVOLUTION
I mean for me we learned about cloning for a while and now we're on plastic. So...that escalated quickly 😋