Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 27 August 2018 at 9:10 AM

@dragonii yea, 7 years, through so many accounts and a name change xD ... I've changed so much since I was 9 years old...

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 2 September 2018 at 11:36 PM

Whoa, all these 7 years comments made me look back. I'll have been on here for 7 years in December, time just goes by?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 September 2018 at 12:18 AM

@April__ yeah o.o Iโ€™ve been here for a year and a half, but I feel like a newbie sometimes >w<

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 3 September 2018 at 2:26 PM

The 22nd of this month will mark nine years since I found this site. The time has gone by so fast. I honestly can't believe that so many years have gone by this quickly.

I've changed so much since I joined, mostly for the better. I'm just thinking about the years that have gone by while being on this site... which then makes me remember how cringy I was back in my early years. Aah...

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 9 September 2018 at 4:29 PM

Just finished pmd: explorers of sky for the first time.

I'm not crying, you're crying ;~;

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 9 September 2018 at 4:37 PM

@chiroptera
i cri evertim ;n;

I think I've played that game through at least four times. And, yes, I cried every single time. :c

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 9 September 2018 at 5:35 PM

@chiroptera - I remember the first time I completed that. I had to hide away in my room because I didn't want my family to see me crying over a game.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 10 September 2018 at 12:47 AM

Question is, should i get Gates to Infinity? I've heard people saying it's garbage not worth playing, but others saying it's better than explorers.

So far I've only played blue rescue team and explorers of sky.

Edit: Welp, I just completed Gates to Infinity, and I honestly don't understand all the hate it gets. Sure, the gameplay is a bit underwhelming, and the scripts are pretty tedious, but the character development is insanely good. The story isn't nearly as great as Explorers, but it's still really interesting and has its twists. The ending hits hard, as usual with all PMD games. Not to mention it stars 2 of my top 10 pokemon as important characters.

Also beat Super MD, which was also a great game. Slightly lacking storywise, but the presentation is amazing and the gameplay is more complex (in a good way) and far more challenging. The ending has a refreshing twist and hits the feels as usual.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 30 September 2018 at 5:43 AM

Hey guys ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ugh, I actually miss being super active on here. I want to change that and start getting on daily like before, but I realized that thereโ€™s a lot of new people and just people period that I donโ€™t know, and I used to know everyone lol. I want to get to meet new people. Iโ€™m friendly, I promiseee. Lol

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 10 October 2018 at 6:07 AM

I think I have an obsession for pokemon mystery dungeon yikes

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 11 November 2018 at 4:42 PM

Iโ€™m listening to Pentatonix right now

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 12 November 2018 at 11:42 PM

Thank you Stan Lee for all the wonderful characters that inspire me to create my own characters and stories! Sad to see you go.

Male
326 posts

seraph • 17 November 2018 at 9:25 AM

hii, first time posting here ๐Ÿ˜‹

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 25 November 2018 at 2:54 PM

re-releasing creatures is immoral as people have spent up to thousands of dollars on them and suddenly they become worthless. eggcave should stick to their promise that retired means can no longer be obtained; this is essentially lying to the playerbase.

230 posts

burn • 28 November 2018 at 5:13 AM

What do you guys think about VEND? Not gonna lie, I was a bit upset when I found out that the creatures I've spent bunches of CC on were essentially being given out for free. :\ Add onto things, the value drops too which makes it worse. Kinda regret trading CSP creatures = older creatures and the older creatures are being given out for free now :\ Remember trading a bunch for my Swornt and now it's basically for free... hm.

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 28 November 2018 at 11:19 AM

I like the idea of the VEND machine probably since I've always supported re-releases, but oh well.

I wouldn't necessarily say they're being given out for free, though, but maybe that's just my awful opinion? After all, you need to do quite a lot of quests just to get one of the older creatures, and that would also mean that you'll need to be spending a whole lot of EC on items to get the right tokens. Also, I'll highly doubt that a user would get exactly what they're wanting the first time, which means that they'll need to keep repeatedly spending EVEN MORE time and EC gathering these items.

I don't really have the patience for this, so I haven't actually had the chance to use the machine.

Of course, this is all coming from someone who never trades and doesn't hugely care about the value of the creatures she owns, so you probably shouldn't listen to said person when it comes to this stuff.

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 2 December 2018 at 2:49 AM

Welp yesterday was my birthday

The VEND Machine does give us chances to gain back creatures that you might have owned but died in the past though, so there's that. My brother is crazy for Qamarat so I decided I might just go and try get one for him. On the other hand, it's so hard to locate the stuff the people want so it is a bit of a challenge.

5 posts

qamarat • 2 December 2018 at 3:50 AM

Yep, and most of the time you have to go searching on millions a few shops to find what they actually want, and It's not a full guarantee anyways, so yeah, you put in more than you get.

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 7 December 2018 at 2:08 AM

Happy belated birthday @aqua_sylph !!! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Ahh, it's been a while since I've posted here... let's see! I finished uni for this year and I'm trying to apply to go to Sri Lanka for some archaeology/ecology trip that my uni is planning. I really hope I am able to go.

I have a job but only for the Christmas period. It has been very tiring as it was from 7am to 5pm but now it's 8am to 2pm but it's still very tiring. I have many cuts and bruises from it as I work in packaging the products the company makes.

Next Tuesday I'm heading up to Cairns. My father has wanted to take my sisters and I to the Great Barrier Reef before it all dies. It's poor timing for me though since I'm missing out on a week that I could have been at my job since I may not be able to return after the trip :/ I hope I can though, it was a really enjoyable job and the money was amazing. Seeing $600 in just half a week of a job was gob-smacking. I can now afford a switch if I want!

I'm working on my Warhammer 40k army again, but the Necrons and not my Eldar. I plan on getting the Obelisk so I can have a titan on my team. I can't wait. I also have a Cryptek coming in the mail so I cannot wait to get him! I'm thinking of getting the female upgrade kit so I can have some female looking Necrons. Completely defeats the purpose of Necron history but I would prefer it.

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 7 December 2018 at 2:19 AM

Oh thanks @mastergemma! I had a wonderful birthday. Maybe I should try and get big sib @shadowy_overseer to come on more often, they're missing a lot!

And yes I did ping them on purpose ecause they might be online, who knows?!? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

235 posts

shadowy_overseer • 7 December 2018 at 2:24 AM

@aqua_Sylph Yes I'm online, taking a much needed break from revising for maths (assessments aaaaaahhhhh *flailing*) I've been on for the past few days, just building up everything again. I can't wait to see what happens next on EggCave ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@mastergemma Holy bats, I had no idea you liked Warhammer 40K as well! I'm more of a lore person myself - I'm not too familiar with the game, but darn the worldbuilding is awesome. I really love the newest expansion - it's like after a ridiculously long period of bleak despair and general suckiness for everyone, the tides are finally starting to turn.

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 7 December 2018 at 2:29 AM

@shadowy_overseer AAAAAAAAA YOU'RE BAAAAAAACK OH MY GOD YES

@mastergemma forgot to mention this: hope you get better from those cuts and bruises, then go on Great Barrier Reef cruises! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Take a break for yourself, and lots of pictures for the family album!

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 7 December 2018 at 10:23 PM

@aqua_sylph
Oh I'm definitely going to the reef! There's no way I would miss it as it's the reason why my father wanted to take his children to Cairns! I've been doing some research about museums and markets for when we are up there too, I love me some good markets โค๏ธ
I need to take more images of myself. For many years I hated photos of me and now I look back and go... gosh I wish I had an image of me there. I thought having snapchat would make it easier but nope, I just take pictures of the scenery and call it an evening.

I'm a little worried about being able to bring my cross stitching kit with me due to the needle and scissors. I'll have to check to make sure I can bring it (not as carry on).

I still need to write 1900 words for an assignment before I leave on Tuesday. This is going to be difficult but I'll pull through. If not I'll be sending in my assignment via the Australian Post which I would rather not do. If only we were given more information about what we had to write about. "We WiLL puT ThE InfoRMaTiOn OnLine." What utterly useless lecturers.

@shadowy_overseer
I started reading the first book of the Horus Heresy but didn't go far into it. I also love the lore but I just wish they would focus more on the Xenos and not just the different space marine chapters and their gods. What was the newest expansion? I've been a little behind due to my job and because I've been playing Red Dead and not focusing on warhammer lately.

It's also great to see both of you return!

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 7 December 2018 at 10:42 PM

@mastergemma Although from what I can tell you know my sibling more than I do??? ๐Ÿ˜Š But I'm pretty sure that as long as the scissors aren't over 5 centimeters long it's okay. But check just in case, better to be safe than sorry!

235 posts

shadowy_overseer • 8 December 2018 at 2:25 AM

@mastergemma I didn't read the books actually, I mainly browse the wiki and look at the in-game fluff XD Not too sure where to begin with the newest expansion because of the sheer amount of things that happens. I'll DM it to you later to avoid spoilers xD

@aqua_sylph Lol, don't worry, you're still my one and only ickle little sister ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 9 December 2018 at 5:21 AM

Oh no I accidentally clicked on a link and my paragraphs are now gone T.T Darn that was at least 20 minutes of writing! Well... a tldr is that I have been sucked into giving a friend a Christmas present for helping me with my uni work (nothing against the uni rules) and I told him I had a job so he said he's expecting a bigger present. My last day at the job is most likely tomorrow due to a family holiday and that I'm only a Christmas casual which meant I'm only needed for the busy period. This means I didn't get a lot of money and he's expecting $100+.
I cannot believe I've been put into such a position and that he has been able to rope other friends into gifting him console games worth $80.

I'll figure something out.

@aqua_sylph
Haha I barely know my own siblings let alone another person's sibling!

@shadowy_overseer
The wiki is pretty amazing, I enjoy taking a look at it too but I don't do it often. Over the holidays I'll probably looks up more because I would rather play warhammer than D&D which is the current popular thing to do in my friend group but I really just can't be bothered half the time.

235 posts

shadowy_overseer • 9 December 2018 at 6:16 AM

@mastergemma Ooh, what do you main? I remember a couple of characters I've made up include: dragon-blooded tiefling ranger (that one was fun, they were tiny but had these really huge wings, still didn't stop them from sneaking around like nobody's business), minotaur sorcerer with draconic bloodline (forgot how I managed to pull *that* one off, I think it was something about constitution and the fact that he also had a back-up axe), an Aarakocra Monk and a High-elf Bard. But I think the most audacious one I got away with (read: munchkin) was actually playing a dragon. Not a dragon-born, not a half-dragon, or someone with draconic bloodline. An actual frikkin' dragon, with stats scaled down. Granted, that one was heavily homebrewed, and the campaign was challenging as heck, but hoo boy was it fun.

36 posts

aqua_sylph • 9 December 2018 at 6:27 AM

@mastergemma I meant that my sibling knows you more than I do, that came out wrong XDD According to them, you've been friends until we (me, Overseer) decided to take a hiatus holiday : 33

Female
9 posts

satin • 9 December 2018 at 1:42 PM

Hello everyone. How are you guys doing tonight/day โค๏ธ

I'm working on some doddles. *shares tea and cookies*

Female
173 posts

soprano • 15 December 2018 at 4:26 AM

@satin
Todayโ€™s fine i guess (probably because itโ€™s a weekend).

Iโ€™m pretty behind with school so iโ€™ve given myself quite an amount of stress by reminding myself to catch up with work ๐Ÿ˜‹