Fifty-three

in Roleplaying

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 2:13 AM

Smilies & icymuffin present to you: Fifty-three, an original rp~

It's in the future now, 2036, and the human race has improved its technology greatly in the past years. Tall & elegant buildings have risen up from the ground, all sorts of new electronics have been created, and the lives of many have improved. Cures were created, wiping out nearly all of the viruses, save for a few strains that had strong resistance. These few strains multiplied and grew stronger as new cures killed off the weaker. Then it started all over again...

A breakout of a virus similar to the Spanish Flu began spreading all over the world through airports, money, food, and from person to person. Nearly all the adult population died once they caught it and billions died, leaving behind only the elderly and children to fend for themselves.

Years have passed since then and the world has changed as well. Nearly all forms of technology has been outlawed now & many buildings have been left to ruins. The elderly who were unable to take care of themselves have now died by now; the orphaned children have grown up a few years and adapted to their new lifestyles. The few rich families that survived have now taken control of the most populous cities and made it theirs.

These cities are where many have gathered to live and start new lives. However, in these cities, much of the high class is feared, as none of the commoners know what goes on inside of those elegant buildings.

9,386 posts

smilies • 21 June 2011 at 2:16 AM

First post! 😃

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 2:21 AM

Calico is a water-based region, previously a prosperous port city that sat on the bay, (similar to Amsterdam and Venice) that has now become a decaying town. There were nearly a million people before the breakout; now there are only several thousand.
Calico is now closely watched by and divided amongst four high-class groups: the Diamos Family, the Clubinne Family, the Hearst Family, and the "Queen of Spades," a mysterious person no one has ever met. In fact, no on even knows who, or what, she is. Just the simple fact the she is the most powerful being in Calico.

"The Queen of Spades"
Not necessarily a real queen, but it is her title. No one has any real contact with her, at least, that any of the characters should know of at the moment.
She rules a quarter of the town, yet no person has ever even seen her. The fact that she rules well while being unknown makes her feared by the other three ruling families, mainly because they don't know the extent of her power & if she can or will overthrow them.

Cards:
As the title hints at this, there are 52 cards in a deck plus a joker, making the total 53. Your status represents your rank and the region of the city you are from represents your suit
The ruling family each has a "King" and "Queen" as well as successors, called their "princes/jacks" and "princesses/aces."
10 - 8 are the rest of the upper class families

9,386 posts

smilies • 21 June 2011 at 2:25 AM

And the rest. This RP is SERIOUS ROLE PLAYERS /ONLY/. To get in you have to write a good paragraph 😉 But it will be so much fun! 😃

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 2:28 AM

7 - 4 are all the civilians/orphans, various ranks
3 - 2 are the servants (of the high class and civilians)
Spades are ruled by the Queen,
Heart by the Hearst family, etc.

Other notes:
People of Calico often use cards as an identification system of status (almost like ID cards), thus each citizen is required to have one. Those who are found to have created fake copies are dealt with by the Joker.
Technology is technically outlawed in Calico (and so are guns, rifles)

"Plot:" Strange things {you decide >:] } have been occurring around the town and only the orphans/commoners care enough to want to figure out why.
The high-class children (with so much time on their hands & influence of parents) are curious as to who "the Queen" is and want to go look for her & have fun playing with commoners.

Form
Name:
Description & personality:
Class & card {orphan/high class; 1-10, jack & spade/club...ect.}:
History/past {optional, anything significant you feel worth mentioning}:
Job {optional, ...spy/thief/artist/street musician...etc.}:
Skills {again, optional}:

Keep in mind:
Be literate {u does NOT equal you},
NO god modding,
Be reasonable,
Stay on topic (as in, don?t make your character do something completely random),
Don't control other characters, unless the other user allows you to

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 21 June 2011 at 2:35 AM

*Lurking* I'm interested. xD Can I see your applications?

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 2:56 AM

Name: Jackie {Jacqueline}

Description & personality: A dark brown/chestnut haired girl of nearly average height. She doesn't stand out too much in a crowd of people. With friends she can get really loud and annoying at times, while in a crowd she is often calm and stubborn. Sympathetic to runaways & is often lonely.
Has a habit of breaking into the Diamos family costume room as well as dressing up as other people. Always on the move if she's not sleeping or eating. Loves marionettes ;p

History: Came from the countryside looking to disappear within the busy life of the city. She had been living in Calico many years before the virus came around

Class & card: Commoner, 4 of Diamonds

Job: Messenger for the Diamos family & others who pay

Skills: knows how to use daggers, parkour

Will change it around later ;p

9,386 posts

smilies • 21 June 2011 at 3:32 AM

Um. Need @icymuffin online >_<

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 21 June 2011 at 6:13 AM

This sounds awesome! I think I'm interested. 😊 Just to try it out I'll throw myself in 😃

Name: Nin

Description & personality: A black-haired girl of average height with light blue eyes where you can't see the pupils. She has pointed ears and black cat-tail.
She is very calm and withdrawn and gets angry easily.
Nin also has claustrophobia and gets nervous around other people which is supported by her not being good at interpreting/showing emotions.

Class & card: Maverick (orphan), 7 of Spades

History/past: Born into an upper class family her parents soon after her birth decided to make use of the technology they had and experimented on her. Those experiments resulted in her looks and may be an explanation for her personality.
Because of that Nin ran away from home and has since then lived at the edge of Calico, not knowing that her parents (who she hates) died from the virus.

Job:Takes on any job where she doesn't have to associate with other people - mostly spy jobs.

Skills: Very good sense of hearing and seeing, even night vision. Athletic, knows how to use swords and sword-like things in a fight.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 21 June 2011 at 1:17 PM

@icymuffin @smilies may I join? I am a serious RPer but I'm not online all day....usually the mornings and late afternoons.

Btw Ooh, mysterious title. What does it mean if there are only fifty-two cards in a deck? There is some new card??? I am curious....I might stick around to see what it is! 😉

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 1:20 PM

I suppose so :]
But it seems that smilies & I are typically on at night ECtime. I dunno about other users....

the Fifty third is the joker, mentioned earlier.

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 21 June 2011 at 1:38 PM

I'm newbie at roleplays but I would like to give it a shot 😊 If I won't be doing a good job, I'll leave quietly if you ask me nice 😊

Name: Keeran

Description & personality: Keeran looks like every average seventeen-year-old kid. He has black hair that reaches his shoulders and green eyes. He loves playing his electric guitar (black explorer with toxic green tribal marks) which was gift from his father who had hoped to turn him away from being too nosy and poke around their family business. Keeran is pretty spoiled kid, cares about himself mostly. He doesn't care for commoners but he is dying to find out who "Queen of Spades" is. He doesn't trust people, and believes there's no real friendship, just the one in which you have a personal gain.

Class & card: high class, 8 of spades

History/past : He had older brother that passed away couple of years ago. Keeran was never treated like family successor and this just got worse since his brothers death. Tired of everything he decides to find out secret behind the Queen.

Job: Born of high class, Keeran never had a job.

Skills: No special skills, except persuasion and good connections due to being born of high class.

I think this is pretty much it.. Let me know if I should correct or add anything 😊

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 21 June 2011 at 1:38 PM

@icymuffin I am on at night too, but usually not in the middle of the day. I have lots of camp this summer! But I may have more time in July.

Here, I'll make a profile. Ping me when the RP starts.

Name: Mau Eytas

Description: long black hair, she has pale green eyes and a cat like face. Pretty, but she doesn't care for compliments. Very quiet. She likes to keep to herself, after her family died. But inside, she wishes she had friends.

Class and Card: (Commoner) 6 of Clubs.

History/past: Mau lives in a rundown hotel room after her family died. She managed to keep herself alive even after she ran out of money. The Clubinne family used to pay her parents because they were researching a cure for the disease, but they died before completing the cure.

Job: She works as a hunter, she sells clean meat to the Clubinnes under a different identity. But in truth, she's a thief.

Skills: Stealth. She is an archer but she also has a knife for close combat.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 1:50 PM

'Kay :] I'll be lurking until then. poke me if you need to ;p

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 June 2011 at 2:18 PM

Name - Sarah Wern
Gender - Female
Age - 16
Card - 5 of hearts 😊
Job - An entertainer for the Hearst family. She dances and sings very well, and can play multiple instrustments.

Personatily - Shes very adventurous, though doesn't seem like it. She can also be a flirt, but only as a cover.
She's considered "pretty" but really resents it.
She has long brown hair, and sparkly brown eyes.

Past- Grew up on the streets, and made a living as a street musician. The Hearst family saw that she was good, and made her baby sit and entertain the guests at their parties. (do they have parties? DX)

Skills - Charmer, and is handy with a knife.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 2:35 PM

Masquerades~~❤️ 😈 Absolute ❤️ ❤️

@smilies ~~ *pokepoke* when you wanna start? Tell me when you get back :]

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 June 2011 at 2:41 PM

@icymuffin - Smilies is usually on 12: 00 eggcave time 😊

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 21 June 2011 at 2:43 PM

No one is making a servant, so I'll make one 😉

Name - Edgar
Gender - Male
Age - 13
Class and Card - Servant, 2 of Clubs
Job - Servant for the Clubinne Family

Description and Personality - A small boy with black hair and soft dark eyes. Olive complexion. Always is dirty.He wears rags and is very slim and petite. Quite and loves nature and animals. He believes that they are the only ones who understand him, which is understandable because he has been treated like dirt his entire life. He likes to explore and is good at sneaking around because of his small stature. Because he is just a slave, no one cares about what he does. He's also very curious, but tries to find answers for himself due to his treatment.

Past - His parents were very poor, and he was bought from them by the Clubinne family. His parents later died of the virus, but from a very young age, Edgar was put to work at perilous jobs, and became very deft and wiry. He resents all high-classmen, stereotyping them because of his past.

Skills - Is very skilled at the jobs that he is assigned. Sneaky, curious, and collects information well. A good listener.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 21 June 2011 at 3:35 PM

Name: Gracie Arce

Description & personality: Short girl with Angel-Blonde hair and soft blue eyes. Somewhat petite to others. But secretly, she's healthy and strong like anyone else. Respected youth musician. Often called to play music at the Hearst family mansion, one of their favorite young musicians. Plays at parties.

Card : 6 of Diamonds

History/past: Used to be a commoner, but she adapted to the ways of music. Her parents died of the virus, so Gracie inherited a living in a small apartment. And her dad was a legit musician, so Gracie learned from him, and later inherited all his instruments.

Job: Musician ranging from any instrument,
Skills: Curious, but is a secretly well-trained illegal archer. Learned from a mysterious person before he supposedly died of the virus. 😉

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 21 June 2011 at 3:37 PM

@trish is she self-taught?

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 21 June 2011 at 3:40 PM

@redfire77 She observes the older musicians, and her dad used to be one, so she inherited the instruments as well. I'mma go change that. xD

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 21 June 2011 at 3:40 PM

@trish I mean at arching 😉 (Do I see a common theme amongst your rp charas?)

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 21 June 2011 at 3:45 PM

@redfire77 WELL. YOU KNOW, UH, ER, UH, *Maybe..* Well the last name which I LOVE, IDK WHY, at least I changed her first name and appearance, it took a while to decide. xD

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 21 June 2011 at 3:46 PM

@trish I'm proud of you 😊

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 June 2011 at 3:47 PM

@trish -I made my charrie the 5 of hearts already. Can there be 2?
Also, our character seem alittle alike. XD
Sarah mostly sings and dances though. 😋

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 21 June 2011 at 3:49 PM

@taffy789 Should I rank higher of lower then? 😋 I don't mind changing it. Though we could do something about the instruments though.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:53 PM

Name: Tess
Description & personality: Shes goth, quiet, vegan, and shes got a secret.
Class & card: Maid/cook, her card is a 5 of spades
History/past: Thats her secret so shhhhh....
Job: Maid and cook of any family who needs it..
Skills: Shes good at archery or hunting, and she is good protection.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 3:55 PM

2 & 3 are servants of the non-ruling high class and commoners
Note that they aren't slaves or anything, just maids/cooks/ you go do this and that kind of person

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 June 2011 at 3:56 PM

@trish - Your choice on the ranking. 😊

You can have to instruments.
I can make Sarah be a "beatiful" singer/dancer. She can play the flute, though. 😊 She sings for the Hearsts too.
But usually baby-sits. xD

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 21 June 2011 at 3:57 PM

@bluegirl80 ~ That family doesn't exist. Don't make up that kind of stuff.
Plus, if you're a maid, you are definately NOT a ruling class person :/