The Drought

in Roleplaying

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 3:49 PM

/The jungle looks alittle closer/ Dust wrote in the sand. He used his hat to fan himself. /Can I borrow some water? I don't have any/

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 3:53 PM

Zen ringed her hands and swallowed hard, her hood was still up, making her hot, but she ignored it and kept trudging.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 4:03 PM

Melodi passed her canteen to Dust. "We have to do something about your writing. In case of an emergency, you can't just bend down and write a warning!" she sighed. "Maybe we'll think of something."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 4:08 PM

/No, I have hand signals for different things./ Dust wrote.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 4:10 PM

"what about signlanguage? OR FLAGS!" Zen smiled "or he can come up with his own language....someone can learn it and be an interperater...." she suggested calmly
(NARG I CANT SPELL D; )

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 4:15 PM

Dust sighed, and went though his signs, explaining it as he went along.

Arms waving frantically - Attention on me or Watch out!!

Pointing behind you with mouth open, with arms waving frantically - LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Pointing - Look over there, Or Go over there.

Touching his ear - Repeat that.

Touching nose - I remember

Waving away - Go away, or i'm fine

Waving to self - Come here, or I need help.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 4:18 PM

Zen smiled "Smart!" she pipped, "wait....." the shadow of the jungle was getting closer "should we make good timing and try to walk faster? I can make out some of the trees..."

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 4:21 PM

Melodi nodded eagerly. "Great! and Zen, I think we should hurry. The checkpoint should be right there, if they weren't lying." Melodi ran ahead.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 4:26 PM

Zen swallowed hard and ran after her, stumbling lightly on the sand, the soft thudding of her wrapped feet on the squishy ssurface making it rather hard but not impossible "s-shouldn't we save our energy? it could be in the middle of the jungle for all we know!" she half shouted half gasped.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 4:36 PM

Melodi slowed down. "you're right." she began to walk at a steady pace.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 4:40 PM

Zen was breathing somewhat hard, but was still walking, she looked back to make sure dust was still with them.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 4:54 PM

Dust trudged behind the group.
He missed his dog.
He could fondly remember his blue heeler, Renus.
He remember how he tried to fight off the coyotes when they attacked. And how he failed. Dust forced down the tears that were appearing.
After his parents died, the dog was the only thing that comfronted him.
And after Renus died,.... There was no one.
He didn't know who rescued him after the coyotes ripped out his vocal cords, but he began to wish that they hadn't...

Deleted • 24 June 2011 at 4:57 PM

Tess got annoyed. "Are we there yet?!?!? My eyes are starting to fail again!" she complained her vision blurring.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 4:59 PM

Zen smirked cutely and pointed to a deserted tree with a canteen hanging from it "look!" she ran aahead to the tree and looked up at the rather large jug, but the branch looked to have little weight pulling on it

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 24 June 2011 at 5:48 PM

I'm not on this roleplay but I have to tell you @bluegirl80 It is impossible to shoot 2 miles. No archer does that, because 1. it is impossible, and 2. maximum power on the bow would only tire yourself out with disappointing accuracy.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 6:03 PM

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 6:05 PM

Melodi frowned she tapped the jug and an empty, echoing sound reverberated through the air. "I think it's empty...." she frowned. "But we should keep it. Once we get to the checkpoint, Dust, you can fill it with water." she kept walking and handed Dust the canteen.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 6:06 PM

Dust woke up from his sad fantisy. He mouthed "Thanks" and took the cateen.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 6:11 PM

Zen nodded and kept walking "Atleast it's not a marage....." Zen pipped up rather sadly but happy too.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 6:21 PM

Suddenly, Melodi perked up. "Hey, look, the sunset...." she gazed up at the orange and pink sky. "We should be able to travel easily, now." she said.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 6:27 PM

Zen smiled softly "cool!" she started jogging towards a cluster of trees "look, fruit blooms!" she pointed to three large pink blossoms

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 6:33 PM

Melodi's eyes widened. "Hey....have you noticed all of the trees here? We must be close to the jungle!" Melodi sniffed the flower. "Huh. It's healthy! How can that be?!" she was shocked. "Is there water here?!"

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 6:36 PM

@randomkitty17 - Can we find the checkpoint soon? XD

Dust sniffed the flower. It had a sweet scent around it.
Then, he looked down, and noticed faded tire tracks in the sand.
He pointed to them, and ran off in their direction.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 6:40 PM

Zen quickly followed, the soft flower in her small satchel, she had been careful to place it in a position that wouldn't crush it.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 6:42 PM

Melodi followed. Then, she saw a large gate in front of the jungle. "The checkpoint..." she whispered. Melodi walked up to the gate. She placed her hand in between the doors and pushed. The gate creaked open, revealing a large crate with a bunch of backpacks. In the center, there was a large jug of water near a pole.tied to the pole were two camels, a female and a male. "Awesome!" Melodi ran in.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 6:44 PM

Dust ran to the camels, only stopping to fill his canteen. He petted each of the camels happily.
/Can the male be named Renus?/ he wrote in the sand.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 6:44 PM

Zen smiled, the female was white and beautiful and the male practacaly blended in with the sand she grinned "We're saaaaaaved!" she joked and kneeled next to a crate, running her hands ofer the edges, looking for the easyest way to open it.

(ok, I wrote that and didn't really read ovr it, they dnt have to be white and brown.)

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 6:50 PM

@feather_soul - Those colors are great. 😸

Dust happily petted the camels some more, then walked to grab a backpack.
It had beef Jerky, (It doesn't spoil XD)
another canteen, a blanket, a flashlight, a knife, some arrows, healing supplies, Ect.
But best of all.... A pad of paper and some pencils.
"This is great!" Dust wrote on the paper. "I can draw us a map we these."

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 6:53 PM

Melodi nodded. "Sure. He can be yours, if you want." Melodi patted the camels and went to assist Zen in opening the crate. She got out her knife and tried to use it as a crowbar.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 6:56 PM

"hold on" Zen rasped and stood "actually...stand back...this might fly everywhere" Zen backed up slightly and side kicked the top of the box, it flipped back and the side fell off "ooooook?"