The Drought

in Roleplaying

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 7:10 PM

"Hey! Stuff!" Melodi looked inside the box. There were tents, flint and steel, Water purifiers, goggles to protect eyes from sand, etc., etc., and best of all, a giant hunk of meat! "This is the best survival kit EVER!" Melodi squealed.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 7:12 PM

I agree" zen smiled, picking up the set of goggles, they looked like flying goggles but without the cap, she turned away and pilled back her hood, fastened on the goggles, and pulled the hood back up "hehehe, how o I look?" she joked.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 7:15 PM

Dust grabbed a pair of googles. / I found a backpack full of wheat and oats for the camels/ he wrote.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 7:20 PM

Melodi gave her a thumbs up and laughed. She filled her canteen and started putting things into her new backpack. She attached the bags of supplies and jug of water to the camel's saddle. "This water should last us a couple of weeks, but they've probably set up more checkpoints along the way." she said through swallows as she ate some meat. She patted the girl camel's head. "What do we call her?" she asked. "Good job, Dust." she called.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 7:22 PM

"cool!" zen rasped again. she picked up a small journal and looked over it's heather surface, she realized what it was and grinned. the markings in the herb and pland guide were gold and the leather was auburn. she flipped through some of the notes and pictures already there, and then through the empty pages. "this will help us allot..." she looked up at the question "ellody? ellen, nalla...hehehe, I don't know"

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 7:24 PM

"What is it?" Melodi asked Zen.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 7:26 PM

"oh, it's a field guide. it gives a sketch of the pland or animal, and then a description, name, and uses, aswell as warnings." she placed the journal in her satchel and leaned against a tree, the air was oddly humid and she grinned as it made her skin somewhat wet.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 8:04 PM

Dust put on the googles, just to be silly, and started to stetch out a map in his notepad.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:08 PM

Zen looked over at him and smiled "you have good handwriting, right?" she asked calmly "because I'd need help with this...I-I can't really write.....good that is" she said shyly

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 8:10 PM

Dust nodded and walked over. /What do you need to be writen?/ he wrote his paper.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:12 PM

"well, I'm gonna' need help in writing down the properties of the plants...." she replied quietly "you up to it?" she bit her lower lip, but the black shade from her hood kept her face hidden

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 8:15 PM

/Sure./ Dust wrote and shrugged.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:16 PM

Zen smiled "THANKS!" she rasped excitedly and her smile gleamed through the shadow

Deleted • 24 June 2011 at 8:17 PM

( hey guys! Tied for 3rd with one of my best friends! Cool) A small figure appeared on the horizon, and as she got closer, you could the small body was X. "Hi. Tried to leave me behind." yelled the girl as she got closer. (darn, I have to eat dinner, but I'll see if I can get back on EC)

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:20 PM

(lol ok)
Zen looked up and blinked "nah you just didn't follow" She replied with a shrug

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 8:24 PM

Melodi sighed. "We just went ahead and you weren't with us." she sighed. She sipped some water. "Get your bag of supplies, we should set up canmp here. It's safe." Melodi said.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:26 PM

"I'll set up one of the tent's as a medicine tent for the short time we're here if that's allright with you" Zen rasped, fiuring melodi was the leader "also, maybe we should have like...a leader?" she suggested quietly

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 8:27 PM

/No one nominate the mute guy!!!!/ Dust wrote, smiling.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:30 PM

Zen giggled lightly "I vote Melodi!" she suggested in a rasped tone.

Deleted • 24 June 2011 at 8:34 PM

X turned to the girl who addressed her before in the desert (Melodi). "Oh, and there's much more to my name than simply 'X'." She threw a long sideways glance over her shoulder at Lee. "But with all the hostility going around, I'm not sure I'd want to share it." The end of her sentence ended snappily.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:36 PM

Zen rolled her eyes and started setting up one of the few tents. she coughd slightly from her lack of water, but didn't let anything show.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 24 June 2011 at 8:39 PM

Dust walked over to X had put out his hand.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 8:39 PM

"Well, I can't nominate myself, so I nominate Zen!" Melodi glared over at X. "Well, you might as well ask the others when they catch up." she said and started setting up the tents.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:41 PM

"NO! narg! I'm not that good of a leader...NOMINATE X...or someone other than me!" she joked as she continued setting up the small tent

Deleted • 24 June 2011 at 8:41 PM

X sat down next to Zen. "Hey. What's your name?" she asked, sipping from her canteen and offering it to Zen randomly. "I got this from the oasis where I used to live in the desert. Poor oasis; it shouldn't last long now with the drought," X said sadly with a frown on her face.

X looked up at Dust. "Hi to you, too." Her hazel eyes were watering, not because of sand in her eyes, but because this was the first time she had seen any live human being for more than a year. X looked down again, and let her hand slip to the ground.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:44 PM

Zen looked over lightly confused "zen she rasped and remembered "oh, pick someone as a leader....." she tied down the pegs on the tent and smiled at her finished work

Deleted • 24 June 2011 at 8:46 PM

"I vote Dust." X got up and ran away from the group, crying, but only a few yards away, so that if they left again, she could follow more easily.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 June 2011 at 8:48 PM

Melodi watched X. "What's up with her? She was crying..." she mumbled and finished up a tent.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 24 June 2011 at 8:48 PM

"zen smiled and rolled her eyes" greeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat, one for each of us..." her voice trailed off as she looked over at X "be back in a minute......." zen walked briskly over to her and smiled weakly "hey, you ok?" she prodded lightly.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 June 2011 at 8:49 PM

Lee shot a glare right back at X and said "I nominate Melodi."