The 24-Hour Non-Stop Night-Owl Dragon-Hunter Cave-Stalker Chat-Room Special!

in Chit-Chat

How many hours are you going to sleep until this ends? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 7:04 PM

Welcome! This is where the sleepless citizens of Ark may sit the Creature Release Week vigil of the 26th-27th of January~.

Here you are welcome to complain, to brag and to whisper in anticipation of your grand dragonious findings, and also chat about absolutely nothing related to anything at all while constantly flicking back to that other tab where you're no doubt compulsively refreshing your cave and squinting at the seconds as they ever so slowly roll by~. You know I know you know you're doing it, right now, yes you do... X3

So what's up y'all, apart from that 11 minutes 23 seconds you have to wait before your next cave attempt and the fact that you haven't left Eggcave for 12 hours, plus have barely slept for a week and don't plan to do either for another day and a half? HI C'''X

@silverserpent Let's get our chat on B)

@sony Don't get too jelly now ya cutie C;
@mairbear I still don't have that Water sibling @_@
@bunnyshadow I'm doing this ouo
@icymuffin This is where it's going down, friend X33

This is a Social Thread for irrelevant chit-chat! Talk about anything you like while stalking the cave. The only link between us is our disregard for sleep!

Deleted • 26 January 2017 at 7:05 PM

@sony ._.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 7:09 PM

@anthesia ouo

What's up. What are you up to.

Also you have a section in your profile dedicated to @sony, is he that annoying with trades for you, oh dear? X''3

Deleted • 26 January 2017 at 7:12 PM

@asi owo Um... hai

How's CRW for you??
I'm just... here ._.

@sony is a fluffball c:
He just hates pogknots and barthugs and snawlers and puffups and all that .w.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 7:18 PM

@anthesia

That's cool. I respect that CX
Personally I get a bit hyperactive when I'm running on less sleep, so I'm ready to TALK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
So sorry if I come across strong~~ ;u;
But lurking is very respectable too X''3

Fair enough, while I love how cute creepy crawlies can look, it really depends on the art~... I love Snawlers and the Pareteorsite and this is one of my treasures, but it really depends on the art o.o Pogknots and Barthugs definitely don't do it for me ^^"

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 26 January 2017 at 7:20 PM

@asi

Hahahaha, I just love the poll! ❤️ xD

But, hey, what kind of luxury waiting times do you get on your Cave attempts, huh? 😉
I can swear I mostly get 26-28 minutes. And it's a draaaaaaag. 😋

I feel like I need to rest my eyes and mind from Egg Cave after this week. Like totally. I've been keeping the Cave open in a tab at work, checking it all day long. (Bad me, but then again, it only takes seconds.) 😋

I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow actually. Don't have to do anything sensible before midday. And I don't feel like panicking over the Cave and CRW any more either because I've got one of each now. 😊

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 7:32 PM

@silverserpent

I'd never done one before, it was fun~ And what option did you pick? X3

I just landed myself a 20 now, that's average... 25 minutes and over makes me groan and low-key want to cry, 16 minutes or less is my happy zone, 10 minutes or less and I barely leave the page for excitement, ha C''X
I love how much variety we have now though, with the 10-30 minute waiting period, it really shakes things up~! ^O^

Yeah, I'm definitely going to go easy on the computer after this, take a computer vacation.... Not really, because my schoolwork, but a guy can dream X''3
I'm busy the day after it ends, so that will be a good screen-break I suppose, I just wish it was doing something more pleasant P:

I'm actually studying from home at the moment, so... I don't have a lot of restraints. Nothing to hold me back from stalking the cave and doing next to nothing else- though I'll get onto some writing in a minute o_o;;
I don't have the Water one yet and I REALLY LIKE THESE DRAGONS so, gotta get 'em or I'll be spending CC ^^"

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 7:56 PM

@asi Throws 4 RedBulls on the table. Welp time for an attempt to pull an all nighter. XD Shall sleep paralysis haunt me tomorrow night.

Anywho how have you all been doing? 😃

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 26 January 2017 at 7:58 PM

@asi

I picked "Bow ties are cool." 8D
No, I mean, I'm cool. (4-6 hours.) x)

Yuuuuup, 25+ hours are a pain. I've only gotten 10 a feeeew times. Felt really good though! xD

I truly love these dragons too! The consistency of this year's CRW theme has been absolutely wonderful! 😊
My only sort-of complaint is that I can't have all seven in a row in my cove. Because that would have been so awesome. 😋

Are you going to let yours evolve to adulthood or are you planning on freezing any? I might freeze one or two, if I get enough spares. Not sure yet. 😸

@poptarts
Hey there! Things are good! Have your hunting gone well in the Cave? 😸

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 8:05 PM

@silverserpent My hunting has been going very well. Thanks for asking. 😸 I been pulling out at least 3-5 dragons a day, so I can't complain since it's more than what some people have gotten at the cave. How's your hunting been coming along?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 26 January 2017 at 8:26 PM

@asi ily

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 26 January 2017 at 8:27 PM

@poptarts

That sounds quite good! I've had a hard time finding them.
35-40 attempts per day the first couple of days. Only found one dragon/day. It was awful.
Since the Cave update I've been making around 65 attempts a day and have gotten more. By now I've lost track how many I've gotten as a total. (And I'm too tired to think straight.) 8D

I've managed to get 3 dragons today, I think. I was missing fire and water, but managed to get them so now I'm pretty happy.
I would like to get some fire and water spares, but I'm not going to be very sad if I don't get any. 😋

Can't really decided which is my favourite though. I like them all as a set. 😊

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 8:41 PM

@poptarts

Pfffft yeah, I could use the sugar, my last 40 or so tries have been exceptionally unlucky OTL I'm at 72 now, a record C''X
But I need to do human things like eat and shower, oh dear X33

@silverserpent

Bow ties are cool! Bow ties are definitely cool CX
Aw well, I guess I'll miss you for 4-6 hours, but I'll survive. It is indeed cool X''3

I suppose the wait-time will return to normal after CRW, of course, there won't be much worth waiting on til possibly this time next week... And I couldn't take any more of this, the extra day is alreay stretching it, but, it's been lots of fun... CXX

Yeah oh yeah, I hope they do beautiful themes like this every year for CRW! But the art's the most important thing. Hopefully next year is somewhere close to this, as opposed to last year ^^"

I definitely want a teen frozen Water, possibly Fire, absolutely Spirit, yes to Air, no to Magic, I don't remember for Space, and not for Earth. What is the teen worm like again? CX
I have spares of everything except not one Water yet, huh... *sigh*

@bunnyshadow

dude ily too < 3 How are you doing, thoughts on the week? (:

Spirit easy favorite < 3 And they seem to love me back, I found all mine in the cave myself, more than any other X'''3

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 8:51 PM

@silverserpent I been getting around 50+ attempts a day I'm at 57 attempts right now. ;-; Think I only gotten 4 today. Hoping to at least get one more before tomorrow.

And oh that's good that you been getting more. XD I'm glad eggcave increased the attempts otherwise I would probably have a very small number of the dragons. Think I have around 20-30 dragons or so? But hey at least you have an extra day to get another water dragon. X3

And I don't really think I have a favorite honestly. X3

@asi
:Hands you redbull through screen: Here lol.

Hopefully your luck start to turn out soon, I'm glad that they increased the attempts giving people a better chance of getting the dragons. They were very hard to obtain from the cave when the attempts were set to the plain old 10 attempts.

You can eat and shower while still getting cave attempts. X3 I would say that this week has been the most sleep deprived week I ever experienced.

Though I'll probably end up falling asleep tonight. I'm getting old. ;-; I can't pull all nighters like I use to as a child.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 26 January 2017 at 9:02 PM

@poptarts

I counted my dragons and apparently I have 19. I've sold 3 in auctions too. Not too bad then, I guess.

Really aiming for spare fire and water tomorrow though. That would be so nice! Not sure I can stand another 60-ish amount of attempts though. x)

@asi

Yeah, they are really awesomely cool. 😉

And, yes, fingers crossed for another great theme like this next year. I'm not sure they can make it better than this though.
Maybe with some other mythological being. Magical birds would be lovely, now that I think about it! Rain bird, thunder bird, fire bird... and so on! 😃

I'm going to give up now and go to bed. (3 am over here.) 😸
Good night and happy hunting! 😃

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 9:05 PM

@poptarts

Well, overall I've been doing extremely well, I have 48 dragons right now, I think about 6 of them through auctions and the rest through the cave o.o
I think the additional attempts are really wonderful, a considerate move on the part of the staff, I love it~~ ^U^

Yes... Yes that's probably true for me too, the few times when I've been bad with schoolwork has been because I wasn't motivated enough, so I definitely didn't live the night like I have been doing this week X3 This is probably the longest period I've ran on such reduced sleeping periods. I feel all tingly XD

I probably won't stay awake ALL night... Unless i never find that Luryuken, dang-nab-it C'''X Then I might just be stubborn enough X'''3

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 9:06 PM

@silverserpent It's only 1 more day. You can do it! 😃 And I know I gave 2 away and sold 3. Think I have 26 creatures, just counted them. I don't have college tomorrow so I'm free most of the day since I still have homework to finish.

Good luck on getting the dragons you wish to obtain. 😃

50 posts

common_hoard • 26 January 2017 at 9:07 PM

@asi HAHA I have 57 CRW but bought 43 of them == lol

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 26 January 2017 at 9:10 PM

@asi
I'm not even stalking the auctions anymore, and it was only just that onceeee ;-;

I'm at 60 tries now; keep forgetting to check. But I found 4 of today's dragon, yeeee~

Tbh, I don't know why I bother, I'm not collecting them anyhow =v=;;

@silverserpent
Ahhh! A bird themed CRW would be so cool! There's so many unique species & designs they could use! o v o

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 9:17 PM

@silverserpent

Maybe obscure creatures of legend, really getting into mythology! I'd like to see a Taniwha, Xolotl... ^W^

Alright, get that sleep, you... sleeper XD

@common_hoard !!!

Too expensive!! OTL

@icymuffin

Fair 'nuff o.o They're not so expensive now though, they've dropped substantially in price ^^"

Wow, insane luck! *O* I'm so jelly-ous...!! Well, if you decide to trade any, you're welcome to come to me... CX

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 9:18 PM

@asi

That's great! If I didn't have college I'd probably be on eggcave all day during the crw making sure I don't miss one attempt. Though don't think that would even be possible.

I tried a few of the auctions but got outbidded on most. Trying not to spend all my ec since I really need it for cove expansions . Really need to send all my commons over and stop getting them from the cave when I think of a real word to use.

And yes the additional attempts are very wonderful. 😸 I look forward to the next crw and hope that they decide to keep using themes for now on.

I use to be very unmotivated in Highschool until I reached senior year. I realized that with a 3.0 GPA I wasn't Eligible for most scholarships to pay for college. Now that I'm motivated I have a 3.7 Gpa lol it would of been a 4.0 but I forgot to study for an exam. Which was a horrible mistake on my part. XP And my gosh, same. I don't think I ever had this much reduced sleep before. When I sleep now, I get sleep paralysis, it's quite a cool experience when you get use to it. First time is always terrifying because you have no clue what's going on or what's happening lol. I don't even know how I'm even functioning right now in college. I been a zombie the whole week there, when I'm tired I don't talk much to people lol.

And hopefully you're able to find one before Crw ends. X3 I'm glad I was actually able to get one. I honestly didn't think that I would. Hoping that I at least get 1 more.

50 posts

common_hoard • 26 January 2017 at 9:19 PM

@asi I SPENT FREAKING 43 MILLION EC ON THIS CRUD ;___________;

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 9:22 PM

@common_hoard Holy crackers. You spent 43million all on dragons?

50 posts

common_hoard • 26 January 2017 at 9:26 PM

@poptarts YESSSSS

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 9:29 PM

@common_hoard Dang lol. XD Hopefully once crw is over and the dragons are out of the cash shop they will raise in value. That's why I tried getting as many as I could. Hoping that if I keep them for 1-2 years that they will be worth a bunch so I can sell them and start making profit again. ;-; How many cove spots do you even have in common_hoard now? I think I saw it on your status before it was changed but forgot. X3

50 posts

common_hoard • 26 January 2017 at 9:30 PM

@poptarts 1 thousand and something

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 January 2017 at 9:37 PM

@poptarts

I'm essentially in my summer break, but doing extra courses during- summer school ^U^

I did pretty well in auctions... I even got good deals at the times, but they're dropping now, so I probably did spend much to much... But you know, it wasn't that many auctions, and I'm happy now with the numbers of pets I did win, and I'm not ENTIRELY broke yet, so I'm fine X3
But it was probably a good thing you managed to stay away from auctions ^^"
I don't need the EC for cove expansion... I think? I've only been spending a little on travels recently, but I never had much... And I'd really like to buy an Ibridi or two o_o"
So I might put some CC pets up on auction later, or old LEs, just to stock up again on the currency (:

We don't have GPAs, and getting into my university was a breeze- it's a good one too, it's not America, so I didn't have to worry about applying or anything o.o
But I was VERY unmotivated for ALL of high school. It took me a gap year in a foreign country for me to sort myself out CX Honest truth OTL
I've legit fallen asleep in class before, gosh, it's embarrassing... Even if at the time you're too out of it to care... XD
But I've been doing really well at University now, I'm very happy with my schooling... I just don't want to get a job like I should... *sigh*

Well, if I don't, I'll buy some. I'm really just seeking to save CC (and enjoy the event) ^U^

@common_hoard

THAT'S INSANE O_O
I never even seen that much EC in my life X33

I started with 1.8mil I think and now I've 800K, so I suppose I spent 1mil, give or take CX

43 MILLION OH MY GOD

Where did you even get that from, selling an Onny OTL

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 26 January 2017 at 9:51 PM

@common_hoard My gosh that's a lot of spots. ;-; How much does it cost for you to do cove expansions now? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Not sure if that's considered a personal question or not? XD I know some people don't like sharing how much they have or paid for something.

@asi

I can't wait till summer lol. I honestly can't stand the cold, especially after what happened today. XD I overslept and rushed to get ready and forgot to put on a shirt so I only had a light hoodie on. And my classes are on opposite sides of the campus. And my god, I felt like I was walking with a tanktop on during winter lol. How hot do your summers usually get in Antarctica? (Almost put Atlantis lol)

I actually spent all my ec on Glados's auctions. I started out with 35mill spent it all then got back up to 20mill spent it all then I think I got back up to another 20mill and spent all that as well? I honestly am beginning to forget. I'm down to a little under 1million right now. Really need to build back up my ec.

Oh what's your major? Not sure if I asked you this when we talked a month or so ago?

But lol, I really want a job, but with Obama care still in place it kind of makes it hard since I would be spending my whole pay check on the insurance. ;-; Hoping that Trumpet can find a way to actually make health care affordable without sucking all the money out of peoples pockets. What was your first job?

Also how was schooling in a foreign country? Did you enjoy it?

And I never really slept much in school. The teachers would get mad. And I would never fall asleep in a college class. My one Biology teachers gets mad if you don't pay attention to her lectures.

50 posts

common_hoard • 26 January 2017 at 9:52 PM

@poptarts Some hundred thousand =.=

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 26 January 2017 at 10:04 PM

I haven't read this thread but hello

I'm so excited bc I got one of each of the dragons stolen on release date and I'm sort of hoarding Specuoros and a few Arcweoms.

But yeah I stayed up every night to see the critters and try and get all of them