The 24-Hour Non-Stop Night-Owl Dragon-Hunter Cave-Stalker Chat-Room Special!

in Chit-Chat

How many hours are you going to sleep until this ends? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 27 January 2017 at 12:09 AM

@asi

Today's sack o'eggs include -

2 Specouro
2 Arcweom
1 Solire
1 Mournstrom

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 January 2017 at 12:17 AM

@poptarts

How many cave attempts are possible on average for both the 10 egg limit and the 25 egg limit?
Why maths XD

As it's possible for the time to range from 9 minutes and half an hour I will post how many if every attempt is 9 minutes apart and if the attempts are half an hour apart.

There's 1440 minutes in a day so if you do not sleep it would be possible to get 160 attempts in a day. Plus the 25 makes 185.

For every half an hour, it would only be possible for 48 attempts plus the 25 making 73 attempts in a day.

Keep in mind that this is being online all day and night and not missing by a second.

Using me as an example, I normally get between 50-80 attempts a day as I normally have my phone around so I can jump on when I hear my timer go off. I sleep between 7-10 hours a day and I do not always have an attempt straight away.

I don't know what the average is for users in total but if users care to share what they got here, we can try and get a rough idea of it.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 12:22 AM

@dawnfur Hehe, why thank you ^O^ And I wish you luck finding all your dragon dreamies~ ^W^

http://www.eggcavity.com/creature-index?Arcweom
They are there on Egg Cavity o.o It's a great site~

@leafstarofskyclan HI (: Thank you very much ^O^ My humor does seem to get an interesting boost when I'm running on sleep-deprived X'''3

@bramblepond Well done on the evolutions O_O

@poptarts

Haha, yeah! You've a great memory, mine isn't nearly so impressive ^^"
There are very few insects in Antarctica, which is a wonderful thing C: Sometimes I must visit family in a warmer place and there are so many spiders, crazy ants, long legged FIENDS that I fast get sick of putting up with their, ahem, spidery crap CX Cold weather is the life for me < 3

Sociology is a very wide, wide discipline that can study basically anything you can think of in some way, so I really hope you enjoy your course! It should be great~ ^O^
I've done all my compulsory Math courses, feeling good about that (:
I chose Economics mainly on a whim~ Well, and because I wanted to study something very useful and not too boring. I decided Economics and Sociology would be a good combination on explaining how our world really works, and I believe I've been satisfactorily correct on that supposition ^U^ I never did Econ in high school or anything, even though it was available. But after that gap year, I just somehow knew it was what I wanted~ ^W^

That's tough. I know why politics is important, but if the material doesn't interest you, then forcing yourself to drudge through it just to pull whatever little weight you have, I can understand that to be a bit much of a commitment for the uninterested ^^"
Voting in my local elections was kind of boring and I didn't do half the research I should've X3 And family should definitely keep it cool when it comes to politics o_o I'm lucky half of mine does OTL
That's awful man. Everyone should automatically have health insurance and never have to worry about not being covered, it's a human right ;_;

Whaaaaaaat? That sucks /: That's so complicated? Ugh, I can't imagine OTL
And I think they would! But you probably have to find one, there may not be one nearby o.o

Deutsch ist meine zweite Sprache~ ^U^ Yes, I found learning in school awful, and I was rubbish at practicing by myself, so I knew I had to do immersion if I wanted to learn anything. And well, it did work! It didn't really make me into a language person though, so I don't think I'll do any at Uni. Languages aren't often taught very well /:

The rules at my German school were much stricter than I was used to. Most notably, NO cellphones out EVER, even at lunch! And NO leaving the school grounds, even at lunch. That's what I got in trouble for- both, but the lines were for the latter ^^" I'm so bad XD

Tutorials are compulsory at my university, just a different, small-group kind of lesson once a week for each course (:
I see! Science classes have different structures and class styles than Arts and Business at my Uni, so yeah, I don't have any of those strenuous labs *shivers*
So what's your major? (possibly again, no memory here) X'3

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 27 January 2017 at 12:23 AM

@asi Whatever it is, you should become a comedian and get very little sleep lmao

How many CRWs did you end up getting? Well, so far.

34 posts

bramblepond • 27 January 2017 at 12:24 AM

@asi
Thx m8.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 27 January 2017 at 12:24 AM

@mastergemma My gosh. I wonder if anyone has ever tried staying up all night long just collecting eggs. ;-; It was tempting to do so with the CRW but I would probably sleep through the alarm lol. Is eggcave going to continue doing 25 cave attempts for the cave during all the CRW or will it just be higher statistics for the crw creatures?

It's great that eggcave decided to extend CRW to another day. 😃 Hopefully I'm able to get as many dragons as possible. I don't think I ever seen a CRW this popular before.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 12:33 AM

@leafstarofskyclan

Oh gosh that would be wonderful, but I'm afraid I'd do no good in front of a crowd C''X It'd be laughable, I'm sure... Not in a good way OTL
Writing comedic articles, I could more imagine~ Being an author of course would be a dream~ I'll continue to dream that, no doubt, even as I study to be a "boring" economist CX

@poptarts

I might try it tonight? CX STILL NO WATER *dehydrated and panting* OTL

@mastergemma Nice math! I was so proud to reach 80 yesterday ECT, but I got very little that I wanted out of it... C''X

Anyway, this topic is in chit-chat, I never intended it to be specifically about the CRW pets ^^" It's just a topic for those staying up and awake in order to stalk the page? So I intended for it to be a once-off special kind of Shoutbox?
I hope you don't mind that ^^"

@bunnyshadow

MY HAUL:
1 Space
2 Earth
1 Fire

That's it folks! ^^" Now it's up to the stalking... >W<

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 27 January 2017 at 12:33 AM

@asi Haha my dreams

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 12:35 AM

@leafstarofskyclan

Yes, dreams. Very laughable. 1st class comedy material C'''X

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 27 January 2017 at 12:35 AM

@asi

Nooooo I'm so late to the party! But ah wells. Cave was kind-ish today. I got a bunch but most of them were Erduris i.e. that dragon that looks like moss covered rock ... or a dung beetle... or something else equally unappealing lols

I traded away a lot of CRWs though... mostly just keeping the Zalaeths hehe 😊

Oh and this is obligatory:

GET MY DRAGON A FRIEND ALREADY!!! He so lonely </3

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 27 January 2017 at 12:36 AM

@asi YES. What was your favorite CRW?

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 12:43 AM

@mairbear

I did want that dung beetle element dragon, but I imagined it a little different to the Earth design we got, haha X''3 Guess it all really comes down to the art! Earth is definitely, unfortunately, my least favorite of the CRW dragons. A shame, because I really do like the element? It just doesn't get drawn pretty I'm afraid ^^"

THaNKS, hopefully the cave gods will hear and listen ;_;

@leafstarofskyclan

You mean year, or dragon? SPIRIT DRAGON. I have an affinity for the undead CX Found 12 so far alll by myself ^U^
Year would have been 2014, I have a bit of a collection of @smilies... But now it's this one, of course. The art's outstanding! ^O^

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 27 January 2017 at 12:45 AM

@asi Oh haha dragon, but the 2014 CRWs are pretty great! I think I like the Luryuken egg and the Cosmiathan creature...

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 12:49 AM

@leafstarofskyclan

Those are certainly gorgeous, up there with my favs < 3

One really has to appreciate though, how great they all look as a set? They all follow the "two horns" kind of template, and it all just looks really great and uniform because of that, not to mention the pretty, sparkly color palette used *O*

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 27 January 2017 at 12:50 AM

@asi I know! They are AMAZING! ALL HAIL THE ARTIST(S) WHO MADE THESE!!!

Female
769 posts

dawnfur • 27 January 2017 at 12:54 AM

Omg I got like five today.. *tears of joy*

Female
110 posts

cosmia • 27 January 2017 at 12:57 AM

@asi
I have too many dragons lol. I will be trading most of them away soon as they retire from the cave.

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 27 January 2017 at 1:00 AM

@asi

I'm not convinced. I think I will need to see a picture of a beautiful looking dung-beetle.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 27 January 2017 at 1:01 AM

@asi

I have astounding memory at times. Though sometimes I forget easily XD I could remember peoples license plates and credit card numbers but forget them a week later. (I never used them. When someone would order something off the phone for the gift shop I would sometimes accidentally mess up the number or click the wrong button I would have to re-enter it.) My memory comes in handy for me for last minute studying, I always cram my test last minute, either the day before the test or on the day of the test.
And I would probably be a lot happier if there was no such things as insects. Why couldn't there be animals that did the job of an insect. XP When I see a bug in the house or outside I freak out. Especially if its a spider or stinkbug. Heck I'm even terrified of butterflies. XD Guess it's because I see them as dirty and disgusting?

I think I actually taken Sociology back in high school learned about id, ego ,super ego ect and nature nurture. Which was all the same stuff that I learned in Psychology my college year. Then again it might of been Psychology I taken not Sociology in high school? That's one thing I cannot recall. X3
But I did to Economics in High school. I took a business class my senior year and economics was implemented in the course. Though it wasn't all detailed and complex where students had to write papers and stuff.

Ik. XP But health insurance is so expensive. ;-; Though I could probably find a cheap one I could afford if I were to get a job. Though it would probably prevent me from being able to move out on my own. Xp

Deutsch is my actual Language (Is that what you said? XD I'm trying to remember the words without using google) And yes I agree. I feel like the best time to learn different languages is when your first born so you learn all the phonemes.

And wow, my high school let us have cellphones out when ever but only the seniors could leave lunch on Fridays. I never left school though, I usually stayed back since I'm lazy XD Though I had my cellphone out the whole school day. I even have it out all the time at college.

My major is AS General Concentration. But my intended major is Pre-Med. I didn't have the option for Pre-Medical at the college I applied for so the adviser recommended I take AS General Concentration until I transfer to a school that deals with Pre-Medical. I think the one science class I'd suck in would be Chemistry. ;-; For some reason were doing a unit on BioChem and I haven't taken Biology or Chemistry since 10th and 11th grade so it's all slowly coming back to me. X3 I much prefer to take an Anatomy class.

Any who how has your dragon hunting been? I plan on just waiting till 3am so I can try to get a Terron? I did a few attempts and got a Magic Dragon so far. 😸 Kind of wish I would of did all my attempts at 3am.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 1:03 AM

@leafstarofskyclan Yeah yeah! I'd love to see them do more, that's for sure! I VERY MUCH appreciate whoever it was < 3

@dawnfur That's a pretty good ratio! Congrats! ^U^

@cosmia Oh yeah? Hope you get something nice for them! There'll be lots of interested parties... including myself... So I'm sure you'll manage to get good deals for them! ^^"

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 27 January 2017 at 1:05 AM

@asi HONESTLY ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Female
110 posts

cosmia • 27 January 2017 at 1:11 AM

@asi
I like to think so, but we will see. I am very tempted, though, to keep all of my Cosmiathans as I love that they have my username as part of their name. ❤️

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 27 January 2017 at 1:18 AM

@asi
Just saying the name of this thread is awesommmmeeee XD Genius, A+++++++++++++++++++ XD

Thou it's not true for me XD I sleep normally and I managed to get all of them LOL X3

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 1:31 AM

@mairbear

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/dungbeetle,insects

Click to enlarge. Utterly majestic *U*

@cosmia

That was the first thing I noticed about you CX Get ready to be the Cosmiathan person, come on, just embrace it... C''''X

@leafmelody

Thank you~! ^O^ Well, you're a lucky duck then, wish us luck! And for our sleep-deprived sakes, since you can, please get the rest and sleep we cannot... Or keep us company C'''X

@poptarts

I can long-term memorize numbers very easily- at least phone numbers. As long as I get a good tune/rhythym for them, I can memorize them in a few recitals and not forget (: But other than that... X33
I'm pretty good at last minute studying I suppose- every student must learn to cram! XD
I like... Some spiders. The thicker, slow-moving ones. I like some moths and butterflies. And some beetles are quite beautiful. Stick insects are quirky. Glow worms are very stunning in the dark. Snails are cute, I used to keep them as pets! And I like praying mantises, and giant centipedes I think are cool~.
..... But I don't really want any of these on or near me CX
The snails I really don't mind though, no one minds snails do they? C''X

No, that's really psychology. The two are closely related, but sociology thinks about groups of people and societies more than anything. Sociologists want to make generalzations about the population- without of course dismissing the values and uniqueness of individuals- and the way they look at overall trends and movements is quite different to the often scientific, psychological approach, which examines the individual. Sociology is really a lot more arty, overall o.o

They're so complicated? It's just awful, from my point of view o_o I want to go to and maybe work in America, but stuff like that makes me wonder if it's worth it. Maybe Canada then ^^"

Zwei = two
Zweite = second
Deutsch ist meine zweite Sprache = German is my second language.
At least, I hope so CX I hope I got the endings and genders right C''X
Oh yes, but unfortunately learning two languages at once as a child can stuff up both for you. It happened to a good friend of mine, and because of it she's always had a lot of trouble spelling, plus she quickly forgot much of the non-local language when she moved (even when her parents together spoke both).
I think learning one after the other is probably better than at once, that can be too confusing for a child o.o

That's how it was at my country's high school, yes. Much better ^^"

Oh, I see! Pre-med, that's so cool! I would have considered that kind of line of study, but it would have been a lot of hassle since I didn't take Chemistry or Physics, only Biology, because that's all my science teacher really knew how to teach P: You need to catch up on a lot then?
Anatomy, so like, towards nursing maybe? I have a friend starting that now ^O^

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 27 January 2017 at 1:37 AM

No water dragon for me yet. Guess I'll be up late
Who needs sleep for an eight hour shift? 😋

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 1:40 AM

@april__

Ouch. *winces* I'm in the same boat water-dragon-wise, but it couldn't be more different on the sleeping situation, since I can sleep in as much as I want tomorrow o.o
I can keep you company until one is bestowed upon you, though~ ^^"

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 27 January 2017 at 1:41 AM

@asi
I have work from 7 am until 4 pm.
But I can keep checking on my phone, so that's handy.
I'm trying to decide which of the CRw I actually want to keep.

Female
110 posts

cosmia • 27 January 2017 at 1:43 AM

@asi
lol! XD Neh, I will never be so well known. =p But that would be hilarious lol. x3

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 January 2017 at 1:47 AM

@poptarts
If anyone tried to stay up all night for this I would ask them not to. I don't think it's worth that.

@leafmelody
Same! I somehow managed to get all of them too!

I'm happy that the CRW is only visiting the cave, it gives me time to do other things and read my books! The Feb event won't XD

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 January 2017 at 2:00 AM

@april__

Oh, that's a nice work policy yes ^^" But having to get up and go somewhere early still won't be the greatest after staying up late, I'm afraid OTL
Which are you thinking of keeping~ I know I'm keeping ALL of mine already, except for those I swap around for other dragons CX I'm a bit of a hoarder, ha... C''X

@cosmia

Well you've already made it in my eyes, so get ready for fame! X'''3

@mastergemma

Pulling an all-nighter? I embrace the challenge! CX
*will probably sleep a few hours at least*
But I'm old enough to be responsible about it and rest up properly afterwards, so no worries health-wise ^^" It's just a bit of fun X''3

That's a good point, Valentines is almost stressful here C''X