The 24-Hour Non-Stop Night-Owl Dragon-Hunter Cave-Stalker Chat-Room Special!

in Chit-Chat

How many hours are you going to sleep until this ends? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 8:11 AM

@chicachicken

It's been very crazy, I've gotten far too into this CRW X3 But that's the fun of it, isn't it? X'''3

Staying up for my chance at a Luryuken! ^O^

Deleted • 28 January 2017 at 8:14 AM

@asi it is fun to get CRW creatures right now I am looking for a Shengxiao. Good luck for the lurykyn 😃

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 8:33 AM

@asi

I'm sure your auctions will do well. Those are some very nice critters. 😃

I managed to buy some Poppy Plain travels from a user. I'm happy! ❤️
Wish I had more though. You wouldn't happen to have any uft? *poke, poke* <.<

The Cave is not liking me any more btw. No dragons, no rooster. x)

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 8:55 AM

@silverserpent

^U^ Thanks~ They're the ones I want to get rid of XD
I actually have tomorrow's in this account, the next day's from @Saix, and the day after a load in @Smilies ouo So I hope the time is a good one because it's the same timing each day CX

That's super lucky! I wish I had one, but I don't, sorry! ^^"

Magmish and 30 minutes, attempt 46
Stilll no luck OTL

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 28 January 2017 at 9:00 AM

I'm on attempt 31 and had no dragons today, but I have found two roosters which I'm suuuuper pleased with! 😃

@silverserpent I have a couple of poppy plains you can have if you want, I can send them over. 😊 They're just gathering dust in my strongroom, I'm too reluctant to use retired travels. D:

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 9:03 AM

@asi

I had some luck and found a Solire a little while ago. ❤️

I have almost 160 critters I want to get rid off. Slowly selling them off and trading. All are LEs though so it will take a while. x)

And no worries. I guess it's rare to find Poppy Plains around nowadays. It was retired in 2012, I believe. (So long ago already.) ^^;

I have a small stock I save. Only want to use them on really special creatures. x3

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 9:14 AM

@silverserpent

I am just not doing well o.o

Ooh, I half want to take a look, but too many XD

I was there at the time, I just failed to hold on to one... I also was never really into travels, and only recently started using them on my cove o_o;;
So I never really paid attention to travels OTL

That's understandable. I have a Tree of Sparkling or something I'll probably just never use C''X

@elluwah

Hi and welcome~! ^O^ Is there anything in particular you're still looking for, or are you sorted already and just snatching a few more for numbers ^U^

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 28 January 2017 at 9:18 AM

@asi Thank you! The name of this topic was so cool, it grabbed my attention so I had to drop by. 😋 I got my final dragon yesterday so I'm all done, I'm just making the most of the last day and seeing if anything special pops up. 😊

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 9:27 AM

@elluwah

Aw, thanks~! ^O^ I try CX It's perhaps a bit long, but when I'm running on low sleep I can never seem to *cough* cut it short X3

Cool, cool (: Keep us posted if you do get anything cool, it gives the rest of us hope~! And you know, keeps the competitive fires burning which fuel us to stay up through the night... XD

Me, I got a Maser and another 30 minute wait, siiiigh CX 47 attempts ^^"

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 9:31 AM

@asi

As I just told @elluwah I'm thinking of creating a topic for some sort of petition to bring back Poppy Plains in one way or another.

I'm thinking it would make a great event travel for Valentine's Day the same way my other travels are used for Halloween.
Then it would be possible to get hold of it again, even if it's only for a limited time each year. I'd like that very much. ❤️

Maybe I must create that topic now. I feel inspired. And shy at the same time. Ohhh~ o.o

Sell the Tree of Sparkling. It's a good deal. I've sold the 2 I had. 😉
Recently got 250 CC each for some Luxury Beaches too. Some old travels are good to drag out of hiding. 😋

@elluwah

Since you've been on this site as long as I have: Do you also think this has been one of the best CRWs so far? 😃
I think the art and whole concept of this year has been wonderful. I haven't been this excited about CRW since the very first year. x)

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 9:44 AM

@silverserpent

Oh, I would totally support~! It would be so cool if it were available again...!

However, you know it's sort of like the whole "bring back retired pets" argument, and if travels are brought back, people may expect it to be done with pets too... *scratches head*
I guess I can also see why they wouldn't? They may consider it the same thing ^^"

Re-releasing is a pretty popular idea at the moment though, despite the official position, so you should go ahead and see if you can get a good response to your topic (:

Oh? How much CC could I get for it, you think? o.o

Definitely agree about CRW. This year's has been simply outstanding~ I shall be seriously impressed if the coming years manage to live up to this standard ouo

Wow, we're all such oldies here, woo! C''X
I'm older than you though, Silver C;;;

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 28 January 2017 at 9:50 AM

@asi - Now that you mention it, there is a lot of oldies in this thread. I didn't even think to check (but then again, who would?). That's... pretty cool.

A re-release of travels does sound pretty nice, though.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 9:58 AM

@sparklefox

... I was trying to think of an arrogant way to attribute that fact to me somehow, but came up dry X3 I really haven't stayed in great contact with this old crowd over the years, so I really can't take the credit CX It is just a wonderful thing that happened X'''3

STILL no luck in the cave, but I won two Specouro auctions very cheaply! ^^"
.... Yeah, I'm gonna have a hundred of these things by week's end CX

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 10:01 AM

@asi

I don't think people are as picky about travels. I think they're more concerned about old CC creatures and such - things they have spent real money on because it's been super-rare - which I totally understand and support.

But travels are very different and can't be viewed on their own. They aren't traded as much either, as far as I know. Some people go crazy over Star of Bethlehem though. I heard you can get as much as 500 CC each, or more.
(Maybe I should sell the ones I still have...?) o.O

Besides, I'm still rather mad about Poppy Plains being retired. I made it for free and gave it to Egg Cave. As the maker of it I think it would have been at least polite if someone had told me that it would be retired after a relatively short period of time.
(Not that I for a second imagines anyone at the top actually cares how I feel about it.) xD

But yeah... People being against re-releases in general is the main reason why I haven't made a topic about it. I don't have the energy to deal with all that drama, or perhaps get my hopes up because people support the idea, and then Egg Cave just ignores it all. ^^;

Hmm... Tree of Sparkling is tricky. I actually don't remember what I got for it. Maybe 200 CC each though.

Hehe, yeah. @Smilies is your old main, isn't it? 😃
So we've talked before. Just didn't think about that. xD

It's great to see a lot of old users return for CRW! It's like the good old days! *nostalgic like an old lady* ❤️ 😉

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 10:15 AM

@silverserpent

They aren't, and that's why I really think it would be a great idea to bring them back, since almost nobody could be upset! However, it does sort of create a back-door opening for retired pets to also be brought back... And I don't know ^^"
It's not really a slippery slope, I know, but it could still be argued OTL Ad nauseam OTL

I can't believe you still have SoBs CX Christ C'''X

I believe it's all supposed to be about the honor and validation of it becoming a REAL THING on the digital website...... X''''3
If you'd just made it later, you'd have probably gotten 1 for free, as the creator C''''X

Those are possible scenarios ^^" But I think you should go for it regardless, hopefully it just won't turn out either of those ways ^^"
In any case, you won't know unless you try, and by know, I mean get another chance to get your hands on shiny new Poppy Plains travels... *drools* CXX

I also want to use it, but then I'd have to choose a pet OTL

Heh, that's right! Ah, my old main, it had a fine name X3 Then my past self decided it needed to be even shorter, and also at the start of the alphabet. So here we are now, so many years later... C'''X
I forget all my conversations, so no worries CX

SO OLD. YES WE ARE SO OLD UP IN HERE! *parties*
... *looks at clock* Or like, not, it's 4am here.... X''3

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 10:25 AM

@asi

Haha, I actually have 4 SoBs left! xD
I sort of, kind of, maybe, perhapsssss want to use them though. Not sure. I wouldn't mind one bit if they were re-released. x)

Ahh, I'll keep thinking about what to do with Poppy Plains. It's good to know there are people that would like to see it back just as much as I do. It warms my heart. ❤️ 😉

It's rather nice to be old on Egg Cave, I think. You've seen so many things and remember so many fun, crazy and insane things. Like the Baistay incident, for example. That was... wow, that was epic. xD

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 10:42 AM

@silverserpent

Wow, well, I recommend you decide before your revolution succeeds and all the old travels are released again, that would be advisable C'''X

There are so many travels that the fact that yours is so memorable, it really says something (: It's a kind of popularity that can't be cast aside! ^O^

Oh yeah, I'd much rather be old than new, and the fact that I joined so early into Eggcave's development is probably an important part of why I'm still here, why the site worked for me o.o
Ohhhhh YUP, ah, remember the re-release of 2009 Christmas pets in 2011? Remember @elluwah winning the MyLights Christmas competition? Remember Ark City first being revealed? Actually, I think I just read about that last one in the site blog, I can't remember.... X''''3

*sigh* 50 attempts and I haven't had any luck since my first 25 OTL Maybe I should just give it a rest and go to sleep... T_T I don't know, it just doesn't like me! X3 *whines*

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 28 January 2017 at 10:42 AM

Ahh just found my second Arcweom of the whole CRW at attempt number 34. That's nice, I love the magic dragon. *_*

@silverserpent Oh, absolutely one of the best! Probably my favourite actually. Not only have the creatures been drawn and coloured beautifully, but the theme is fun and it's been very kind of Egg Cave to give us extra cave tries. I hope this is something they continue next year. ❤️

I don't see why people would be mad at a travel re-release, at least not one that is as versatile as poppy plains and that was in the shop at a common rarity. It'll give people a chance to get one, they're only single use items after all. Recently I've seen a lot more support for re-releases than we used to have, people have come up with some really nice ideas on how it can be done fairly.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 11:16 AM

Attempt 52, no such luck for me ^^"

HOWEVER, GUYS GUESS WHAT. I GOT IT. I GOT A LURYUKEN, FINALLY ;u;

I mean I didn't get it myself because y'know, my cave is trolling me, but I GOT ONE and that's what matters darn it! CX

This is the little beauty, waahoooo~! ^O^

Anyway it's uh, like 5am, so I'm gonna catch just a little rest before the morning starts, haha... X''3

Bye for now, y'all~! ^U^

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 11:17 AM

@asi

Heheheh, yeah... I should perhaps sell them first and make a topic after. 8D

And thank you! ❤️
It truly makes me proud as a designer and artist to hear that you think so. 😊
It means I'm good at my job! Moahahaha! 😈 ❤️

Oh, yeah... The re-release of the Xmas critters were pretty rough back then. But I sort of loved it anyway because so many of the originals had died and those 2011 critters are super rare today. Because, you know... People still leave and things die in coves.

I gotta say I just love the leaf of Vaka. It is awesome. x)

@elluwah

Yes, exactly so! ❤️
I hope they will do a theme for next CRW as well. It really made it feel special. 😃

And I've heard that re-releases are being discussed quite seriously nowadays. Maybe I should sell all my really old spares in my hidden storage soon. Just in case. Some of them should be worth quite a lot. Would be bad to sort of miss the opportunity to make BIG BUCKS! xD
*has never bought CC* 8D

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 3:59 PM

@silverserpent

Yeah... Overall, I don't mind re-releases. I think it can be done without being too damaging to the economy (:

It's heaven-sent, honestly. I don't know how I'd get by without it anymore CX And there was even a time when all pets were mortal regardless of level... Eeep ^^" How I survived that, I don't know anymore C''X

Ooh yeah, I got an Arcweom last night right before taking some leave~ ^O^
I'm at 59 attempts now (:

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 4:48 PM

@asi

I remember how I survived it: Tim's. A lot of Tim's. It was a chore! xD

Oh, and I saw that you finally got your hands on a Luryuken. Congrats! 😃

Apart from my initial luck with my first 25 and a Solire I've gotten nothing. I'm at 50 attempts now. x)

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 5:37 PM

@silverserpent

Yes it sure was! Although back then, I didn't have a 10th of the number of creatures I do now, because there were about 200 less species on the site, and things like that... CX

I DID IT!! I got my very own Luryuken from the cave! Yahaa~!! ^O^
Twas my 63rd attempt ;u;

My first was courtesy of the wonderful @foreigners though C'':

So I have 2 now! I can sleep happy.... If it wasn't the middle of the day and I have to go somewhere in a few... OTL

The probability of getting one is really quite low, isn't it... OTL
But overall a huge number have been snatched, with everyone working hard I suppose... C'''X

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 28 January 2017 at 5:55 PM

*jumps back into the chat*

I'm kinda glad CRW is ending... Who's with me? 😋

These past few days have been so stressful with the constant cave checking and what not.

@asi

CONGRATS ON FINALLY GETTING A LURYUKEN!! 😸

@silverserpent

Any idea why your travels were retired btw? Like I think poppy plains was in that first batch of travels to retire and I rmb sitting there wondering why the heck they'd even do that to travels at all xD And so few has been retired since.... It's a curious thing xD

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 6:01 PM

@mairbear

SO VERY STRESS. The end will be a huge relief, it already went on two days longer than usual... Q~Q
It's been a lot of fun, but a lot of stressful, trying fun... OTL A test of endurance, really... C'''X

Thank you very much, I am v happy ;u;

The reason for @silverserpent's misfortune... A terrible curse. You may in the future be forced into premature retirement yourself I see, how sad ;_;

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 6:02 PM

@asi

Yay! You got one from the Cave! Gooood Cave! Congrats!!! 😃
And @foreigners is so kind! ❤️

I think the chance of getting the water dragon is is quite low, yes.
(Or you've been unusually unlucky!)
But still... I think you've managed to get one of the biggest dragon collections. It's really impressive! 😉

@mairbear

I'M WITH YOU! 😋
I dearly want some rest from this event now. Even if I'm not really looking for dragons any more, it's soooo hard to actually STOP. xD

I have no idea why it was retired. It was very out of the blue, I remember. No reason given and it certainly was a shock to me personally. I was so disappointed. ^^;
I think it was around for a year at the most. And as you say, so few other travels have been retired.

I was fuming when Kinump Patch and Haunted Woods were retired too, but then they were turned into event travels for Halloween instead - and that felt okay.
I wish they could do the same with Poppy Plains. I made it for Valentine's Day after all. xP

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 28 January 2017 at 6:06 PM

@silverserpent @asi
ahhh no

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 28 January 2017 at 6:22 PM

@silverserpent

Yeah ;u; Mission achieved! B)

I think it's both, honestly CX I definitely had a dragon drought the last couple of days ^^"
But now, with my 65th attempt, I got my 100th dragon!! A Cosmiathan ^O^
It better be dang impressive, so was the effort needed XD

Yeah, if they've already un-retired travels before, without outrage, you've got precedent. You should go for it, make the topic now! And maybe you could get some again this V-day ^O^

@foreigners ^W^ Thanks for the great exchange, friend~

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 28 January 2017 at 6:24 PM

@asi
No problem lol
I haven't gotten any more yet today besides trading for a second Lur >.<

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 28 January 2017 at 6:30 PM

Yeah... I feel like I must make that topic. But tomorrow. I'm going to go offline now. I give up on CRW. @__@;

I've felt awful and tired all day so I hope I'm not coming down with a cold, or something. ^^;
Sleep usually helps though. So I'm going to go and do just that: Sleeeeeeep!

Thanks for making this topic, @asi! It has been great. 😃
Maybe you should rename it something almost as equally cool when CRW is over. Like... "Old-timers get together and talk yeep droppings about stuff!" 8D

Or I don't know. Sleep deprived. Never mind me. x)
I've enjoyed this topic nevertheless. Very much. ❤️

Good night, everyone~! ❤️