10 Site Ideas / Major Fixes we need in 2018

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 10:04 PM

I'm sure we've all come across features on Egg Cave that are pretty annoying and inconvenient.
I've compiled a list of things I think can be improved. Hopefully you agree
@ian

1. Cove https://eggcave.com/cove
We can currently order the creatures with filters like A-Z / Highest Level / Highest Happiness etc...
But I'd really like to see the the filters that are available in the archives available for your cove as well.
So I could instantly see any cave creatures or any CashShop creatures.

2. Archives https://eggcave.com/archives
Can you make it that if you misspell the name, a correction or some suggestions of what creature you may have meant come up. Would really help. Or even a drop down menu like in the TC in addition to the search might be more convenient to some users

Also for the archives, add a feature to sort the creatures by date of release please. And maybe also when you view a creature, have on the side a population count so we can see the number of that creature and not just its ranking.

3. Searching https://eggcave.com/search
This is a major one. There need to be some major fixes to this.
Go back to the old search! You can't search for anything if it's under 3 characters. It's dumb.
Make it alphabetical. Come on. This is so basic. We need the search to sort things in alphabetical order or else what's the point?! If you search for "Apple", the first creature should be "apple" cause it's the exact match. Currently it's "CandieAppleRed". It's honestly so annoying.

Also make it so you can search for users, or creatures or even items if you wanna create an item archives.

4. Inventory and Strongroom https://eggcave.com/inventory and https://eggcave.com/strongroom/items
A filter to order things, such as rarity. Or a feature so only travels show, or only toys, etc...
This should also apply for strongroom. Currently it's just inconvenient to go through all the pages just too see what toys or whatever you have.

Increase the number of inventory spots! Please. You're releasing tens of new items every month and the inventory spots need to increase to match it I think. If you wanna make another EC sink, then just make it like the cove spaces so it costs EC to increase the inventory spots.

5. CashShop https://eggcave.com/cashshop
Specifically the Hydra. If you want my full opinion check it out:
https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/67782

6. Auctions https://eggcave.com/auctions
Okay I don't know who designed the auctions on Egg Cave, but that's not how auctions work. Seriously, this needs to be fixed ASAP.
Currently, when you place a bid, you lose your EC. When someone outbids you you don't get the EC back, it stays held in escrow. That's not how auctions work in real life.
For example, currently, if I have a total of 11 million EC, and I bid 10 mil and then someone outbids me, I can't place another bid cause the 10 million I originally bid doesn't come back to me. It's just silly and encourages people to snipe the auctions. To maximise the price of a creature, you need to allow the EC to return to the user when they are outbid, instead of remaining in escrow.

[UPDATE: Just confirmed that this is no longer the case. EC held in escrow is in fact returned when you are outbid]

This also applies for cove spaces it seems. You need an extra cove spot per bid. I had to buy a cove spot to bid. I was outbid, and then when I tried to bid again it said I needed another cove space. It's just silly. Clearly the coding is a little off. Please fix.

7. Cave https://eggcave.com/cave
Can you please just make an option to collect 10 creatures in one click. It's kinda long to do through the process over and over.
The most effective way is probably dropdown menu where you can set the number (between 1-10) of creatures you want to collect in one click. The default being 1, so it's basically what it is now, but with the extra option of collecting more (up to 10) in one go. That way users who want to collect just 5 creatures or something can still do so.

8. Site Blog https://eggcave.com/blog
Make a site blog search please

9. Profile/Wall https://eggcave.com/@tikimaki
A function to delete all the comments on your wall.
And maybe a "pin" function, so a wall post will always remain at the top.

Also maybe allow users to order their creatures by something other than alphabetical. Maybe the same as when you visit the 'your cove page'. So have by level, or by age.

10. EC Transfer https://eggcave.com/strongroom
We can currently transfer items and creatures between storage accounts. Please extend this to EC. It's inconvenient to log in an out of accounts, and trade items with yourself.

Thanks for making it to the end. Comment what you think and ping others 😊

_____
So these are some extra minor suggestions that I thought of after publishing this.

11. Friends List https://eggcave.com/@tikimaki/friends
So currently the only way (that I know of) to unfriend, is to go to your friends list, then click on the user, and then you can unfriend them from the users profile. Seems a little tedious. Would be a lot easier to mass click a bunch of users from your friends list and then unfriend them that way

12. Cove Lists https://eggcave.com/cove/lists
When creating a new cove list, it's very very inconvenient to add and remove creatures.
I think a better way to add creatures to a list would be to have your entire cove on the page and just to tick a box indicating for it to be part of the list (like when selecting creatures for a trade)

Also currently when removing a creature from a cove list, the page is refreshed. This is kinda slow. Not sure if this can be fixed or if it has to be that way.

Also a feature to duplicate a cove list would be really helpful.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 January 2018 at 10:17 PM

@tikimaki

IDK if I understand #2, I can type in "sno" on the search bar and it gives 3 different creatures to choose from? I might've misunderstood something. 😱

I absolutely LOVE the idea of searching by release date in the archives though!!! 😃 😃

I also Strongly agree with #9 as well. 😸

325 posts

littleblush • 1 January 2018 at 10:23 PM

@tikimaki
Hi there! I agree with most of your points except for 7), as I personally like to use only 9 of my cave attempts and wait until last minute to get my 10th steal attempt as I find it annoying that I keep getting cave notifications.
I'm kind of confused by 6) but maybe that's just my bad English haha
So are you saying that we ARE supposed to be able to get our ec back once outbid or not? If you are, I think that's already how it is. 😊 If not, what about people who have accidentally bid? I once had a friend who accidentally bid on an auction when she scrolled through. It was very lucky that someone had outbid her because that was basically all her ec lol
And I personally like the way the auctions are. This isn't a real game so it doesn't really mean it has to be exactly like real life.
I do love 9) (like please make this a function), and 10), because I always need to transfer ec to my friend to help her buy things and such.

I also encourage the search features for the TC to extend to searching up key words that might be in the description of the lot. Like instead of making a whole forum topic to see whether anyone wants say, a Taigrin, you could just search up Taigrin in the TC to see whether anyone has put "Seeking Taigrin!" in the description of a lot. I understand if this is too hard to code, it's just a thought 😊
This is just my opinion though 😊

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 10:24 PM

@prairie
Oh hahaha you're right. My bad. I think it didn't work for me the first time I tried cause I misspelled it. Edited and corrected number 2. 😊

So glad you agree 😊 I really hope these changes get implemented

----
PINGS:
@orderedchaos
@Meteoroid
@jazzyleia
@April__

Female
472 posts

flakes • 1 January 2018 at 10:29 PM

@tikimaki agree with everything esp 3 haha, really hope this gets to @ian and changes will be made ^^

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 10:34 PM

@littleblush
Mmm fair enough. I'll tweak the suggestion so it's a dropdown menu where you can set the number (between 1-10) of creatures you want to collect in one click. The default being 1, so it's basically what it is now, but with the extra option of collecting more (up to 10) in one go 😊

Oh I probably didn't write it well. I'll re type it 😊
But currently, if you bid, the EC is held in escrow even if you are outbid. I think it'd be a lot better for everyone if the EC was returned to you when you are outbid.

Glad you like the other ideas 😊 Really hope they get implemented

_____
@kdxu
Yes! Thank you very much! 😃 ❤️

_____
PINGS:
@mastergemma
@pepto-doodle
@chameleon

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 1 January 2018 at 10:44 PM

@tikimaki I totally agree with these ideas
Some things on eggcave just need to be changed, though, I don't really have a problem with my wall as I'm a fairly new user xD

If the search could be changed then I'm totally for it. Once I was searching for a user and I had to go through around ten pages just to find them. If you hadn't already stated, if the search results were separated between users and eggs or at least in alphabetical order than it would be so much easier

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 January 2018 at 10:44 PM

@tikimaki #9 I would suggest a click thing like the button to move to strongroom as well so you can keep the ones you like or want to keep 😊

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 10:48 PM

@totallynotjoey
Hahaha yeah. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's struggled to find something with the search 😋
Looking forward to it being changed 😊

@wigglytuff
Oh! So if there are wall posts you want to keep you can keep them?

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 1 January 2018 at 10:49 PM

I agree with most, but for #4, I usually only get new items from events or rarely buy, so putting items in the strongroom isn't a problem for me.

Female
218 posts

dusskfall • 1 January 2018 at 10:50 PM

i'm not bothered by most of these.. but three i agree with.. we should be able to do a search for creature type to see what's out there. sometimes i just want to see what something looks like in different stages, or what travels other people have on them to give me ideas. or just to see if one actually exists somewhere (i'm looking at you Dilloton)

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 January 2018 at 10:51 PM

@tikimaki yup ^^ Also for searching I would recommend we would be able to search like our cove, a drop down thing saying which order we want it in 😸

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 10:55 PM

@chihiro_sang
Ah yeah fair enough 😊
Glad you agree with most of them 😊 Thanks for the support

@dusskfall
HAHAH yes, I've never seen a Dilloton xD Oh man, probably one of the rarest creatures on EC 😋

@wigglytuff
Oh yeah that'd be cool to have your cove ordered by something like level or stage 😋

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 January 2018 at 10:59 PM

@tikimaki I think there's already highest level and I think there used to be stage. Or it's still there but somewhere else 😋

Ooh or maybe mortals and immortals, tho that wouldn't be as useful lol

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 11:01 PM

@wigglytuff
Oh did you mean when you view your "cove" or when you view your "profile".
Cause yeah when you go to your cove you can order than, but not for you profile, that's only alphabetical 😋

Female
224 posts

bluestar1313 • 1 January 2018 at 11:02 PM

@tikimaki
Thanks for letting me know about this topic, I honestly agree with EVERTHING. You seriously listed every feature that has ever annoyed me about this site and every improvement I've ever thought of. I really hope these things actually happen, and it gets around to @ian. It would make eggcave even more amazing than it already is! 😉

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 1 January 2018 at 11:03 PM

@tikimaki oh profile would be SOO awesome! Like you could order someone else's profile to see them. Or yours XD

Honestly both would be cool,

@Ian come over here. RIGHT THIS SECOND lol

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 11:04 PM

@bluestar1313
Hahaha I'm so glad I was able to cover everything that you were also concerned about 😊
I find that these things affect quite a number of active users, cause some of them are pretty fundamental 😋
Yes! Would love to see these things implemented ❤️

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 1 January 2018 at 11:11 PM

@tikimaki I agree with all of these ... I thought some of these, if not most, would be addressed last summer by eggcaves birthday ... but v2 into v3 is clearly a whole new "animal" than v1 to v2 was

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 11:14 PM

@wigglytuff
Haha yeah 😊
Glad you're pinging ian haha, the more attention this gets the better xD

@veritaspunk
Mmm yeah, hopefully these suggestions can be implemented in the new year 😊
Thank you for your support

_____
PINGS:
@lbowe_elbow
@ghostofdreams
@captainlevia

Female
85 posts

kissed • 1 January 2018 at 11:22 PM

@tikimaki

I don't really agree with #6, thats kind of just wasting EC?? I was just skimming, so I probably left some details out, but most of these are pretty good.

I also suggest making an app, so whenever we get a notification, we get one in real-life (kinda like Animal Jam, where you can play online and in the app.)

@gryffindor16

Male
660 posts

brad • 1 January 2018 at 11:23 PM

@tikimaki Definitely would be great to see some of these changes.
Had some of the same in m similar topic a while back: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/65594

354 posts

power • 1 January 2018 at 11:27 PM

@tikimaki

Thanks for this, I strongly agree with the searching and inventory/strongroom ideas, my strongroom is such a mess rn

Also like the mass collection thing for the caves, it does get really tedious

Personally hate the Hydra but I don't mind it still being in the cash shop, just have to scroll a little more to get to the freezes haha

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 11:28 PM

@kissed
Mmm may I ask how it's wasting EC? 😊
Oh yeah an app would be really cool

@brad
Wow haha, yeah these problems seem to be pretty fundamental and affect a lot of users 😊
You have some really good suggestions too, and you even put in the effort to create how it should look. 😊
Really hope these changes get implemented

@power
So glad you agree. Thank you for your support 😊
Really hope these suggestions get implemented by @ian
_____
PINGS:
@lightningpaws
@gryffindor16

Female
85 posts

kissed • 1 January 2018 at 11:30 PM

@tikimaki
Oh, I re-read it, its fine 😋

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 11:34 PM

@kissed
Oh hahaha good good xD That's what I was thinking when I read your comment, cause currently the whole idea of holding your EC in escrow even if you're outbid is forcing people to waste their EC 😋
❤️

-----
PINGS:
@dragon_collector
@raindrops
@alchemyfox
@starling

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 1 January 2018 at 11:39 PM

@tikimaki

I agree with ya! Most of them don't really bother me but some like #3, #4 and #7 kinda do. Sometimes when I have little time to do my daily stuff on EC, and a new creature can be found in the cave, using the all cave attempts can be a bit tedious when I have little time.

I can live without these changes but it'll be nice if these changes are implemented ^^

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 1 January 2018 at 11:42 PM

@cloudslay3r
Hahah yeah that's the same for me with the cave, it's just a little too tedious for me 😋
oh wow you double posted on the forums xD
Same, looking forward to it! 😊

PINGS
@rebelgirl980
@lol543
@gluttonace
@dappne6

19 posts

ghostofdreams • 2 January 2018 at 12:34 AM

@tikimaki

I agree with the search modification - I prefer the results to be alphabetical, and to be in separate categories (creature or user).

Maybe a modification for creature order on profiles. Rather than being exclusively alphabetical, I wish there were different options to arrange them in a specific order, including by one's own preference, as with cove lists (I like to organise by colour 😋), to keep them this way when feeding.

It would also be nice to have tabs for the strongroom, for each shop.

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 2 January 2018 at 12:51 AM

@ghostofdreams
Mmm yeah would be very helpful having the search function properly again 😋
Love that idea! I added it to #9 😊 Even ordering by level or age would be pretty cool and convenient
Yeah, I've personally got over 1000 items and it's a nightmare xD

Thank you for your support, really hope these suggestions become a reality