✔️ Bemiee - [April] Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 February 2018 at 1:52 PM

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▄▀█ ░▀░ █▀▀ █▀▀
▒█▀▀▄ █▀▀ █░▀░█ ▀█▀ █▀▀ █▀▀
▒█▄▄█ ▀▀▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀

With all those wonderful flowers growing in spring, pollinating creatures like the Buzzle fly around to help care for the plants. This year, a new creature is wanting to join in!

Introducing the Bemiee!
(Be-me)
Bemiee are small winged rodents, and are often referred to as fairy bees. They usually travel in groups referred to as pods. Pods of Bemiee usually develop a liking to a specific flower type over time, and will commonly lay eggs in the favored flower patches. Contrary to most beliefs, Bemiee do not make honey combs or gather nectar. Instead, Bemiee are actually looking for water that collects on flowers. In the process of them obtaining the water, pollen gets stuck to their fur, and gets transported to other flowers. Many flowers have evolved to has a sweet secretion emit from their petals so Bemiees, who love sweet liquid, will drink from their flowers more; thus pollinating more.
Bemiees do not have a stinger for self-defense. Instead, they have a flower at the end of their tails which can release a cloud of "bumble-dust", which has a sharp sent that gives a stinging sensation to eyes if it comes in contact. Bemiee are also known to use tree sap to attach other flowers and leaves to their fur. Bemiees take great pride in their flower decor, and care for their flowers endlessly. Bemiees will only remove a flower from their fur for another they love and care for. Isn't that charming?

About Bemiee Eggs
Bemiee eggs are laid on stems of flowers, right under the petels, where they are sheltered from rain. Parent Bemiees will stick the eggs to the stem using tree sap. In addition to the tree sap holding the egg secure, the egg's tail will gradually wrap its tail tight around the stem as well. If disturbed by another creature, the eggs wings will beat fiercely which causes the eye-stinging "bumble-dust" to release from its tail flower, which will cause any curious creature to think twice before disturbing another egg.

Picture
http://fav.me/dc1wloo
HECK just realized I didn't have the last stage's feet white

Starting Pings:
@Idol
@Wigglytuff
@Carnesiel
@Littleblush

Thank you all for coming to check out the Bumiee Creature Suggestion! 😃 I hope you liked the idea and would love to see it on the site one day. 😊
Please leave feedback on your thoughts! 😸 All are appreciated. ❤️
You can help spread the word by pinging firends too!

Thanks for viewing!
- @Prairie

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

90 posts

idol • 2 February 2018 at 2:11 PM

@Prairie

I have to say this is AMAZING!
I personally really dislike insects.

So this is amazing to me. I love the idea I love the colors together and I like that it seems to be in actual stages.

I know that doesn't seem to matter anymore to anyone else probably but I always like a creature more when I see this.

I hope this gets made it is lovely ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 February 2018 at 2:21 PM

@Idol

I'm happy to hear that you like the design and stages! 😃 😃
Thank you so much. 😸

More Pings:
@dragon_collector
@immortalraven
@purgatory
@icesparkle22

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 February 2018 at 5:51 PM

@prairie so amazing! I love bee creatures like the pixiee 😸 this one is really lovely 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 February 2018 at 6:09 PM

@wigglytuff

Glad you like it!! 😃 I love bee creatures as well. x3 I thought it would be fun to make a fluffy bee pet that wasn't a bug. ❤️

Other Pings:
@jlya
@ethereality
@brad
@jello

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 February 2018 at 6:14 PM

@prairie oh that's cool x3

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 2 February 2018 at 6:21 PM

@prairie thanks for pinging! Please ping me on any creature suggestions you have. 😊

I love this adorable creature!!! Especially the cute flower on its tail! I like that it looks like its wearing a bee costume. 😸 what gave you the idea?

Absolutely great job, prairie! Were you a solo act for this one? By the way, do you want to do a colab with me sometime? 😸

Edit: I agree with the others in that it's nice to have a bee that's not a bug. I'm not a big fan of insects, so this is so cute!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 February 2018 at 6:44 PM

@jlya
Alrighty, will do! 😃

Glad you like the design! 😃 I got the idea when I saw a color pallet for a bee. 😊 I got thinking about making a bee pet, but I'm not fond of drawing insects, so I decided to make a mammal (in this case mouse) with bee wings and markings. 😊

Yes, this was a solo suggestion. 😸 Whenever I do a collab, I will put the name of the person I collaborated with in blue at the top. 😊 I'd be totally cool with doing a collab with you sometime, but as of now, I mainly focus on school. The only reason I do some here and there atm is cause I do doodle concepts in my character design class and while watching movies in Cinema class. xD

Thanks for the feedback and Questions!! 😃 ❤️

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 2 February 2018 at 6:49 PM

@prairie thanks

Cool!

I understand. I look forward to collabing sometime though!

My pleasure. 😸

325 posts

littleblush • 2 February 2018 at 6:54 PM

@prairie This is so adorable ❤️ I especially love the egg and child stage!! The description is awesome too 😊 Hope this gets made!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 February 2018 at 6:56 PM

@littleblush
Thank you so much! 😃 ❤️ It is hard for me to pick a favorite stage or stage(s). XD I'm happy you liked the description. 😸 Thanks for the support! ❤️

Female
218 posts

dusskfall • 3 February 2018 at 12:37 PM

it's cute.. would probably freeze in hatched stage though

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 3 February 2018 at 1:27 PM

@prairie

You are SUCH a good artist! I love this! 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 February 2018 at 1:29 PM

@dusskfall
Thanks. 😸 And yeah, I think I would too. x3 The 1st and last stage are my personal Favorites.

@iris1929578
Thank you! ❤️

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 3 February 2018 at 1:39 PM

@prairie ITS ABSOLUTELY ADROABLE!! I would love this as the hunt prize!! ❤️ the color tone is a little red on the last stage tho o.o

Female
1,621 posts

solaris • 3 February 2018 at 1:42 PM

@prairie

I love it! I would definitely want to collect a whole bunch!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 February 2018 at 1:42 PM

@ethereality
Thank you so much! 😃 Happy you love it. ❤️ 😸
And yeah, the tone isn't suppost to be like that. 😋 My camera on my phone tends to go warmer in color than what they usually are unless I get it in just the right light. X-X
The 1st stage is closest to the intended color, just a tinsy bit lighter.

@solaris
Glad you like it! ❤️ Happy to see that so many people would want to have a few. 😃

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 3 February 2018 at 2:02 PM

@prairie ah I see 😉

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 3 February 2018 at 4:05 PM

@prairie

Its sooo cute!!! I love it!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 February 2018 at 4:06 PM

@raccoon
Glad you like it! 😸 Thanks for checking out the topic! 😃

Deleted • 3 February 2018 at 4:50 PM

@prarie

OMG I WANNA HOARD THEM ALL!!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 February 2018 at 6:24 PM

@wolfspike23
Haha! xD I'm glad you like them enough to want to hoard them. ❤️ 😸

1,853 posts

purgatory • 4 February 2018 at 10:58 AM

@prairie

Oh man, I love this! :'o

Female
471 posts

sandara • 4 February 2018 at 8:50 PM

Dear god,
could you give me half of @prairie writing talent and drawing talent, and half of her creativity, amen.

XD I really like your creatures suggestions❤️ I wish I could draw like you, but I have zero talent in that T-T

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 February 2018 at 9:32 PM

@sandara

Holy smokes, thank you so much. ;<;
I am actually only good at writing descriptions for creature suggestions I make, but I'm so happy you like the writing skills I am able to use. XD

All I can say about drawing advice is draw constantly and use reference from real life. I go to my local pet store to draw birds and some rabbits time to time.

Female
471 posts

sandara • 4 February 2018 at 9:50 PM

@prairie
I already tried, I did a drawing course for 1 year, but I just don't have the talent T-T
But I am good at drawing tribal and doing art nails 😸

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 February 2018 at 2:27 PM

Some more pings! 😃 ❤️
@momokie
@achimenes
@kat-chan
@giggletheclownlovesya_xoxoxo

Also, I have a older Easter Theme pet suggestion as well if you'd want to take a look!
😊 The Felichine

Female
85 posts

kissed • 7 March 2018 at 6:54 AM

@prairie
Oh gosh this is great! Givin me a lot of Asteran vibes 😋
@gryffindor16

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 7 March 2018 at 10:25 AM

@kissed
Haha, glad you like it!! 😃

More Pings:
@icedmagma
@foxbit
@troo
@skyfall4

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 7 March 2018 at 10:28 AM

@prairie Yay pings! Also, I need this creature desperately. It's absolutely adorable and I love all of the stages for it. As always, you have done an excellent job