Contest #1: Drawing Contest

in User Contests & Giveaways

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 24 June 2018 at 10:50 PM

Hello EggCavity fans & Soon-to-be-Fans!

This is @dcmaster here to announce the first official Sunday Contest!

░░▒▓▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▓▒░░

Before we begin,

What is EggCavity? EggCavity is the ultimate EggCave fan site!
We have all sorts of cool stuff like a travel viewer, a wishlist function, and indexes for all items, travels, and creatures (check out the creature index for original art, suggestion art, and to see hidden stages!)
Give us a try! eggcavity.com

Also, donations are highly appreciated and help contest, like this one, continue! Please consider donating!

Thank you @fakeworld for donating!

░░▒▓▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▓▒░░

This weeks contest, as popularly requested in our topic, is a drawing contest!

Topic: What if our favorite creatures had alternate versions of themselves? What if Pintura looked like a demon or if a Tine was rainbow? There's an endless possibility of ideas!

Prize Pool: Drakomo, or 2 creatures from @EggCavity (other than the Guardians)

Judges:
@lbowe_elbow
@jello
@budgie
@jirachiwishmaker
@yts
@totallynotjoey

Rules:
• Be kind to all users. Any rude or inconsiderate behavior will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification.
• A link to the art-piece must be submitted through PM
• With the permission of the artist, at the end of the contest we will display artwork in this topic.
• Backgrounds in the art-piece are not necessary, but would, make submissions more interesting.
• Background stories would make submissions more interesting but are not required as well.
• A panel of judges will be elected to judge each piece. (If you're interested in judging PM @dcmaster! However, judges cannot participate in the contest)
- Pieces are judged based more on effort and creativity than technical skill. Basically, the most creative idea is more likely to win!
• Pieces are required to be submitted by Saturday on Midnight, July 8th (date extended). The day of Sunday will be used for judging and we will try our hardest to announce the winner on Sunday.

Thank you for participating!
We wish you luck!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 24 June 2018 at 11:25 PM

@eggcavity

HECK, I needa join please. xD

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 24 June 2018 at 11:34 PM

@prairie YAS prairie! Get in on this!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 24 June 2018 at 11:37 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Yesssss >:L
I shall draw till I drop!!

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 24 June 2018 at 11:39 PM

@prarie
Of course! There's no list or anything c: Just post a link to the art-piece before Saturday Midnight c: Thank you for participating!

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 24 June 2018 at 11:39 PM

@prairie you've got a whole week so make something super good (: Maybe I'll draw something (just for fun since I am a. a terrible drawer and b. a judge so anything I enter doesn't matter d: )

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 25 June 2018 at 2:31 AM

@eggcavity

Hi would I be able to join?

Deleted • 25 June 2018 at 3:30 AM

@eggcavity

May I please join? ❤️ Thank you 😊

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 25 June 2018 at 3:44 AM

@crown
@amethyst_elf448

Of course guys! As I said before, there's no list so just submit a piece before Saturday Midnight and we'll judge it c:

Thank you for wanting to participate!

Male
682 posts

decay • 27 June 2018 at 6:32 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm here to submit my example artwork!

https://www.deviantart.com/danielciau/art/Mutant-Octopus-751824105

My work was inspired by the creature Tentropy. While reading it's description in the archives, it was clear that the starry look did not mean it was in anyway related to space.

During this thought, I began to envision what a Tentropy would look like if it was a space creature/monster.

In this drawing, Tentropy is taken over by a parasitic alien which caused a transformation within the genetics of the creature. As a result, the eyes and suction cups have now become black holes. Meanwhile, colorful streaks of light have appeared on the creature blending in with the cosmic atmosphere it now lives in.

Just a reminder to those who want to participate in this contest, there are only about 4 days left to submit artwork!
@crown
@prairie
@amethyst_elf448

Please help spread the word so that this contest could have more contestants!

Pings:
@immortalraven
@rashka
@klauenwolf
@_black3333_

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 27 June 2018 at 10:13 PM

@dcmaster

Really beautiful drawing! 😃

Pings CAN YOU HELP SPREAD THE WORD FOR THIS CONTEST!

@achimenes
@thedarkarcher
@valorie100
@monsterprincess33
@skyfall4
@immortalraven

Male
682 posts

decay • 27 June 2018 at 10:16 PM

@rashka

Thank you c:

Pings:
Please help spread the word!
@dreamie
@yam
@mechanicalheart
@fake
@black

Female
1,119 posts

valorieviolet • 27 June 2018 at 10:22 PM

I'd participate if I had more time, I'd love to take the time to come up with something cool ;~;

Pings from my friends list, hope you don't mind ^^
@degong
@wigglytuff
@meowfie990
@sodabearjess

Male
682 posts

decay • 27 June 2018 at 10:34 PM

@valorie100 I'm thinking of extending the deadline because it seems that getting people attention is harder than it seems! So hopefully you'll participate c:

Pings!
@element
@curio
@jirachiwishmaker
@wigglytuff
@mimikyu360

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 27 June 2018 at 10:43 PM

@dcmaster
Wow that is one amazing drawing. O.o Like how is that even possible?

Anyways, I probably don't have time to join myself since I've got tons of rp's to work on for some friends [on another site] but I'll ping a few people if that helps?
(Pings: Sorry! I also don't know who likes to draw or not, sorry again!)

@totallynotjoey
@icecloud101
@playermocha345
@musical_slytherclaw

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 27 June 2018 at 10:54 PM

@eggcavity (Hopefully i can come up with something creative lol...) If I don't have a lot to do on Saturday I might be able to come up with something. I might have to start after work on Friday lol

@valorie100 Thanks for the ping 😃 I don't mind

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 27 June 2018 at 11:18 PM

@dcmaster
You know, I'd love to join, but I honestly have zero time in my schedule and don't have much motivation to draw, not to mention that this is one heck of a difficult theme. O.o Don't get me wrong; it's creative and unique, but it's difficult to come up with an idea (especially with my brain xD).

It might actually be best if you'd extend the deadline, or maybe even have people PM entries since it's harder to get submissions when people think they're going to lose by default.

I'll do my best to draw something, if you're really strapping for entries, but no promises. Good luck with the contest! ❤️

(No pings, sorry. :c)

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 27 June 2018 at 11:40 PM

@dcmaster

Thanks for the ping, tho I'm not interested in drawing contests, drawing is just something I'm not good at so I've never entered any.

Male
682 posts

decay • 28 June 2018 at 12:03 AM

@mechanicalheart
Thanks for the pings! They helped a lot c:

@sodabearjess
Alright! ^~^ I can't wait to see your artwork!

@degong
I understand c: It really is difficult to come up with ideas! and I'm definitely extending the deadline since many people are saying similar comments c:
I like the pm idea just that @EggCavity's pm's are usually rather busy already but maybe we could work something out c: Thanks for all the wonderful ideas c:
Maybe when the contest is over we could post the links like a digital gallery of sorts!

@jirachiwishmaker
Alright! It's all good! Happy birthday again! xD

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 June 2018 at 12:22 AM

@eggcavity
OH GOSH IM JOINING O3O I'll try my best to meet the deadline- is it this Saturday/Sunday?

Male
682 posts

decay • 28 June 2018 at 12:28 AM

@skyfall4
I'm extending the deadline probably a week from now c: No need to worry about that! I'm adjusting some of the rules too c: Thanks for your interest!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 28 June 2018 at 12:36 AM

@dcmaster
TYSM! ❤️ I can't think of anyone to ping rn, but I will try! 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 28 June 2018 at 1:50 AM

@valorie100 @dcmaster thanks for the pings ^^ I'll try to join but I'm in China rn, and away from the place where all my coloring/drawing utensils are

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 28 June 2018 at 9:50 AM

@dcmaster WOW! I am so impressed (: Maybe I'll commission you to draw me a goblar d:

@rashka thank you so much for the pings! ❤️

@valorie100 how much more time would be enough for you?

@mechanicalheart Thank you for the pings ❤️

@sodabearjess we can't wait to see your submission!

@degong if you feel uncomfortable posting your submission on the forums please feel free to enter via mail! Also please let us know what amount of extra time would help you!

@jirachiwishmaker thank you for your reply! And that's totally okay I (lbowe_elbow) am terrible at drawing! So I totally get it.

@skyfall4 hooray!!!!!!!!! We can't wait to see your drawing!

@wigglytuff how cool! You can always just do a pencil or pen sketch. We will take your distance into consideration (: Have fun on your trip!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 28 June 2018 at 10:22 AM

@eggcavity
Ok, thank you. 😊 I was also speaking on behalf of others who may feel discouraged after seeing others’ art.

I’ll probably be able to get an entry in on Monday, since I have some free time, but it seems I’m not the only one with schedule problems. c:

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 28 June 2018 at 2:53 PM

Hello EggCavity fans & Soon-to-be-Fans!
This is @dcmaster here with an announcement!

First off, the deadline as been extended by a week! Works can be submitted until July 8! This date is not permanent, if you need more time just let @dcmaster know!

There have been adjustments to the rules:
• Artwork must be submitted by PM instead of posted on the topic for privacy and to avoid intimidation.
- Thank you @degong for the suggestion!
• With your permission, we will put artwork in a gallery.
- We will ask each user individually for permission through PM.

Additionally, we are still in need of 1 more judge!

Thank you everyone!
I'm glad people are interested in this drawing contest! Makes me really happy!

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 28 June 2018 at 3:48 PM

@eggcavity Hey, could I join? owo

Androgynous
140 posts

eggcavity • 28 June 2018 at 4:06 PM

@foxbit Of course! c: Just submit a art piece through a PM before July 8th c: Thank you for your interest!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 28 June 2018 at 11:42 PM

@eggcavity thanks! I'm back at home so I'll try. 😊

Deleted • 29 June 2018 at 5:08 AM

@eggcavity sending mine in a PM right now...!