・:*:・゚★Christmas Contest★・:*:・゚

in User Contests & Giveaways

What do you look forward when it's Christmas?

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 9 November 2018 at 3:21 PM

:・゚Welcome to the Early Christmas Contest~!:・゚

(The reason why I'm starting this early is that more people will have a chance to join.)

:・゚So in a nutshell, I'm hosting an "Early Christmas Contest." For the contest, all you have to do is write about what you like about Christmas, and if you don't celebrate it, what you enjoy about winter. The winners will be chosen on Christmas Day, December 25, 2018. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ping me and ask.:・゚

:・゚1st Place - Knurrock + Jubaleen + Santa's Hat By The Fireplace:・゚
:・゚2nd Place - Bruxa + Kujak + Family Room Christmas Tree:・゚
:・゚3rd Place - Cyprinus + Dragfur + Candy Cane Trail :・゚
:・゚Honorable Mentions - Shoutout + Random Christmas Item! :・゚

:・゚Participants:・゚

:・゚An Early Merry Christmas for you~!:・゚

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 9 November 2018 at 4:19 PM

@bloom aww thanks for hosting this!

I love Christmas as it reminds me of when I was little and how exited I was and the fact I couldn't sleep because of the excitement! Christmas is just a lovely holiday even if its celebrated too early these days 😋

Deleted • 9 November 2018 at 5:24 PM

@bloom May I join? Thank you❤️

57 posts

raina • 9 November 2018 at 5:27 PM

@bloom Could I join?

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 9 November 2018 at 5:46 PM

@meekly @raina
Of course! All you have to do is say what you love about Christmas or winter!

@thedarkarcher
Oooh~ Nice!! Added!

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 9 November 2018 at 7:15 PM

@bloom could i join please? 😊
i like christmas because i get to go home from college and see my family and friends ❤️

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 9 November 2018 at 7:23 PM

@bloom

May I join as well?

I actually don't care much about Christmas, but I do love winter when I get a heating pad and cuddle with it at night to stay comfy 😊

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 9 November 2018 at 7:28 PM

@rabbitwanter
Interesting! Added~

@newlife
XD That's fine! Yush, the comfy warm blankets and stuff ^^ Added!

Female
326 posts

magicaltomato3 • 9 November 2018 at 7:31 PM

@bloom
may I join? ❤️
I love christmas because I get to spend time with my friends and gift people, and we all get to act like 5 year olds again 😊 ❤️

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 9 November 2018 at 8:00 PM

@bloom

Hi!

I like Christmas because 1. Winter Break (duh), 2. The fireplace is on and it’s so warm ❤️ 3. Presents (it’s so exciting, especially for my little brother XD)

Deleted • 9 November 2018 at 8:57 PM

@bloom I love the cold weather because I live in California, it’s mostly really hot out here so when it’s winter, it only chills a little but it’s enough for me. At school, me and my friends used to bring jackets to school and when it’s windy, we would pretend that are jackets were wings😋

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 November 2018 at 9:01 PM

@bloom thanks or hosting ❤️

I love how the Christmas songs play on the radio, and overall there's this happy, merry feeling that's hard to ignore! And the Christmas trees also ( buy a fake one and save the planet 😊) and the lights 😃

57 posts

raina • 9 November 2018 at 9:02 PM

@bloom I love Christmas because of all the presents! My family would go to the mountains to make snowman’s and have snowball fights😋 Life with my family. It does get crazy sometimes because I have 1 older brother and 2 younger sisters😊

Female
258 posts

boop • 10 November 2018 at 7:24 AM

@bloom I'd like to join please!

I live in a place where there's no snow, and the winters aren't that cold.
But these gloomy winters are made cheerful by the amazing Christmas lights on buildings, on trees...
There's Christmas cheer everywhere! Even during the darkest nights, the streets still glow, and there are still bustling crowds of people doing their Christmas shopping.

I love Christmas! XD

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 10 November 2018 at 10:48 AM

@bloom May I join?

My favourite part about Christmas is probably getting up at 6, like I always did when I was young, and waking my whole family up. They grumble, but without me we probably wouldn't start the day till after noon. We open our stockings on my parent's bed, and then take a break while my mother makes us a special Christmas breakfast. Christmas for us always starts early, with time to just be together as a family lounging in the living room and enjoying eachothers company--which we dont often do anymore, with computers and jobs and what-not.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 10 November 2018 at 11:10 AM

@bloom can i join?

I love christmas because of the traditions. Our family eats tamales every year for christmas lunch. We also make a breakfast sugary thing called "Monkey Bread" which is essentially hawaiian rolls smushed together with pecans and cinnamon and butter and sugar. It is so good. Also, our family is extended all across the country, so christmas is the only time we get to see them. I also like christmas because of the music. I play the trumpet in our high school band, and being a part in christmas concerts is just amazing.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 10 November 2018 at 11:23 AM

@bloom, Thanks for hosting! 😸

I love the Christmas season because it's when we usually take a trip up to PA to see my mom's family. 😊
They usually have snow (which we don't have here in TX) and we do our annual cousin gift exchange, and we do cookie bakes and gingerbread houses. 😃 We are a fairly large family on my moms side now (almost 40), so it is tons of fun to go up there to goof off with everyone. ;3

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 10 November 2018 at 2:18 PM

@magicaltomato3 @meekly @wigglytuff @prairie @jello @budgie @wonglikiu821 @raina @iris1929578
All great thoughts! Added~

Female
53 posts

nevermore • 11 November 2018 at 12:21 PM

@bloom May I join?
The best part about this time of year for me is all the generosity and love that people have. I absolutely love giving gifts and making people’s day. Going the extra mile to find the perfect gift and seeing their reactions really warms my heart. It’s the one time of year that we can all put our differences aside and coexist. (Except for when were shopping. Goodness everyone forgets their manners and how to drive and be civil.) On Christmas we can all sit around and forget about the world for a minute and be a faimly. THE FOOD. Oh the food. The tables upon tables of food; the ham, the deviled eggs, the biscuits and gravy, the keish, the MAC AND CHEESE, the cranberry sauce, the stuffing, the egg salad, the pumpkin pie, the angel food cake, the pineapple upside down cake, the monkey bread, the yams in marshmallows, the biscuits, the jam, the turkey, the hash, the peanut butter cookies! I can’t wait.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 11 November 2018 at 2:41 PM

@nevermore
Ooooh! Delishhh!! Added!

Male
286 posts

thundore • 11 November 2018 at 4:00 PM

@bloom

May I join?

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 11 November 2018 at 4:00 PM

@chaos_skymoare
Yup! Just saying anything you love about Christmas or winter!

Male
286 posts

thundore • 11 November 2018 at 4:11 PM

@bloom Sorry, forgot about that part.

I love Christmas because it's one of the few times my mom comes home. Her work place is in another state. So Christmas is one of the few times our family can be together.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 11 November 2018 at 4:13 PM

@chaos_skymoare
No worries! Added!

Female
187 posts

lunnie13 • 15 November 2018 at 12:24 AM

@bloom

Christmas has always been the best day for me. The meaning of Christmas has grown and expanded since I've gotten older. As a child/young teen I was sick often because my family didn't know what medical conditions I had, and the doctors were stumped as well. Every year when Christmas rolled around I was treated like a normal kid and no one talked about doctors or if I was feeling alright, and I loved that. At first I loved the normalcy and presents. I hung up the tree decorations while my mom baked fudge. I would sit by the window and watch Christmas movies with my family after opening presents. As I got older and finally had my Lupus diagnosis, I was able to discover what Christmas meant for a lot of people, me included. It's about the generosity and seeing the way children light up. It really is about giving and how wonderful it feels to give. It's about being selfless, and doing what you can. And although that is what Christmas is about, it's also the same reasons I love Christmas. I will always be thankful for the experiences I've had on Christmas.

Deleted • 15 November 2018 at 12:49 AM

@bloom
Hi! Can I join? What I like about Christmas is the presents that are wrapped all so nicely and the time I spent with my parents

Female
369 posts

beckah-lula • 15 November 2018 at 5:27 AM

@bloom I'd like to join😊

I love christmas! my family and i have a game in the car when everytime we see christmas lights we have to shout 'christmas!' It's already started but the closer christmas gets and the more lights there are, the louder we get😋 It's like my favourite thing about christmas.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 15 November 2018 at 3:08 PM

I dont want to be entered, just doing this for fun.

I like the food during Christmas. Usually my parents have similar things to Thanksgiving which is my favorite holiday😋 Gotta have me some free turkey~ I also like how college is on break during the time and no homework or after break exams are usually given out. Just makes things more relaxing and enjoyable.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 16 November 2018 at 4:50 PM

@lunnie13 @playermocha345 @beckah-lula
All great thoughts! Added!

@poptarts
Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well~!

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 17 November 2018 at 9:14 PM

@nevermore
I want to eat at your house this year lol 😋