The Sectors Roleplay (Open)

in Roleplaying

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 November 2019 at 7:17 PM

Cliff-
I was about to shout a reply back to Neva when I heard something that sounded a lot like a bird whistling. My musical ears told me it wasn't a bird though. I can barely contain a grin as I realize it must be Meri whistling a song. I listen closely and piece together the clues. I take note of a cleverly hidden marker for a trap ahead. I form a quick plan in my head and then reply to Neva, "Details? What type of details do you want? You're in my territory!" When I was close to the trap, I jump and reach out to grab a tree branch above it. I climb up the tree.

Jolie~
I nod. "Luring him off a cliff sounds good," I say. "We'd need to do something about his wings." I hold both my hands out now. The strain on my body was becoming visible. "Galen, please tell me you like that idea," I plead.

Pele~
I let out a cry as my body is engulfed by flames. It wasn't the heat that hurt me. It was the fact I had been holding back the fire this long. Fire didn't like to be contained. The monster shrieks from the heat. I turn towards it. A stream of fire shoots towards it. It shrieks even louder than before. When I was finally done, the fire just was soaked back into my body. The monster was gone. The walls were stained black. Somehow, the web's hadn't been damaged by the flames. I stumble. "I think that did it," I say weakly.

Kaeden-
I crouch even lower when Phoenix erupts into flames. From where I was, the heat was almost unbearable. When she was done, I was panting. Now I understood why she called herself phoenix!

Valerie~
The Diamond Sector let's out a cry of pain as some of bullets makes their mark. My mind clears as her control on me fades. I let out a shout of anger. I can't believe she'd just mind controlled me. I start swinging my blades. She was bleeding horribly now. She had lost some of her confident air and was showing weakness. "Let's finish this," I growl to Charlotte.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 19 November 2019 at 3:15 AM

Carrie runs for Charlotte, lunging at her.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 30 November 2019 at 9:06 PM

"Not for long!" Neva cried out. "We're gonna.." She stopped. Huh..there was a whistling noise. She shrugged and continued. Probably was just a bird.

Charlotte nods, and then stumbles as she barely dodges Carrie's attack. She grits her teeth, her elbow stinging with pain from being clipped.

Callum blinked, "Yeah, I think we did."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 December 2019 at 11:40 AM

Cliff-
Perched up on the tree branch, I watch Neva and Paige below me. I search for another branch to jump on in a different tree.

Phoenix (Pele)~
I sit down a minute to catch my breath. Normally, I didn't like acting tired and weak around others, but that took a lot out of me. I stand up. "So, are we going to sit around or continue?" I ask.

Kaeden-
I walk over to Phoenix. "Where do we go next?" I ask.

Valerie~
I glance over at Charlotte to make sure she was okay. Carrie was intent on taking her out or something. I whack the Diamond Sector woman with the dull side of my blades. She trips and falls. I stand over her, glaring.

(I'm wanting to wrap up the simulations now because we've been doing them for awhile, so if I seem like I'm rushing that's why. Since the CTF sim started late, I'm fine with that one continuing on a while longer.)

(Also, @arcana, what type of traps did Meri put down? Did she place some in the trees as well or just on the ground.)

1,478 posts

arcana • 3 December 2019 at 2:11 PM

(She's put a net trap in the trees and a couple noose traps there too. Most of the ground traps are rope tripwires or small pits. I'll try to make a post for Meri later.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 December 2019 at 7:48 PM

Paige:
~ I was running after Cliff and I wasn't looking where I was going. I run straight into the trap.

Galen:
~ I do a bearlike nod and make a growly moan in agreement. In bear language, it meant, "Yes. Let's do this." I walk towards Jolie with most of the others on my back and lean down just enough for her to get on but not enough for them to fall off.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 December 2019 at 3:23 PM

"Paige!" Neva screamed. She slows down, "Are you okay?"

Charlotte looked over. It seemed that Valerie had won.

"Forward?" Callum offered.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 December 2019 at 3:49 PM

Paige:
~ I fall over and land on my bum, wincing. I look into the trap and see that it was just a small hole with a sharp stick inside. "Ow. Yeah, I'm great." I say. I try standing up. My ankle hurt a lot. I lean on a nearby tree and make a makeshift brace out of super-pressurized air. I try stepping on it and it held with only a little pain. "Let's go kill Cliff." I say, looking where he had gone. I didn't mean actually kill, just more of whoop his seat really bad.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 December 2019 at 8:21 PM

Cliff-
“Oh! Are you okay Paige?”I ask. I hear her tell Neva that they were going to kill me. Well, that was nice of her... I push aside my worry and jump from the branch onto another one. I continue to do this from tree to tree. While I’m trying to keep my distance from the girls, I’m also trying to look for the panther. Where was it?

Jolie~
I climb onto Galen’s back. I stop using my telekinesis to hold the monster in place. As soon as I did so, I felt all my energy leave me. That took a lot of effort. The ground was still rumbling and shaking. I hear a loud cracking noise and look in the distance. The earthquake was so strong, there was now a large crack in the ground. I point to it. “There’s our cliff,” I say.

Pele~
“Yep, let’s go,” I say. “But watch out for the spider webs. These things are tough.” I start to pick my way through the webs. I try my hardest not to touch it.

Kaeden-
I pad over to Phoenix. “You want a ride or do you want to fly?” I ask Callum.

Valerie~
I didn’t have to do anything else. The Diamond Sector woman was either dead from all her wounds or about to die. I look over at Charlotte. “We’re done,” I say. I reach into my pocket and pull out three trackers. “Now all we need to do is place these on their wrists and the simulation will be over.” I toss her one. I reach down and clip it onto the Diamond Sector.

Varys-
I watch the tablet. It appeared they were almost done. “Hey, you Varys?” I look up. There was a young scientist. “Yes.” He holds out some papers for me to grab. I stare at them. They had lists of names from the different sectors. “What’s this for?” “You’re supposed to give it to Valerie. It’s the list of Anomalies she’s supposed to watch. She has to decide if they should be put in the simulations.” The scientist moves to leave. “You can give a copy to Charlotte and Carrie. They know our secret now, so it makes sense that they would help.” I nod and the scientist leaves. As soon as he is gone, I peek around to make sure I was alone. I bring out my phone and take pictures of the lists. This was useful information for the Rebellion.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 5 December 2019 at 1:54 AM

Carrie stands still, watching them. She shudders and then falls, unconscious.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 December 2019 at 4:27 PM

Neva looked at Paige, "Alright, if you're sure you're okay." She grins, "Cliff is so going down. And hey, this little neat trick I just learned might help." She aimed at a tree and shot a blast of lightning at it. "Hah! Take that Cliff!" Neva said as she stuck out her tongue childishly.

"Uhh, alright," Charlotte says and leans down to clip one on the Diamond Sector's other wrist. She looks up just in time to see Carrie fall. "Carrie!" Charlotte yells, "Are you okay?' She started to rush over, and then stopped. The android might still be dangerous.

Callum shrugged. He didn't want to admit it, but he was getting a bit tired of constantly flying. "A ride I guess. There might be more monsters later and I have to conserve energy." With that, he flew to perch on the wolf's shoulder.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 December 2019 at 6:41 PM

Paige:
~ I nod and smile. I was so glad I had Neva on my team. I'd much rather be with her than against her. I look up into the trees and look around. I had seen Cliff climbing one.

Galen:
~ I nod and whirl around to run toward the cliff. The monster roar-screeched. It sounded angry. It spurred me on to run faster.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 7 December 2019 at 9:41 PM

Neva grins back.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 9 December 2019 at 3:37 PM

Cliff-
Neva's lightning bolt got scarily close to me. "Neva! I thought we were friends!" I shout. Geez, they didn't see me attacking them did they. I mean sure, I tricked Paige into a trap, but I hadn't meant for her to get hurt. I glance in the direction of where I had heard Meri whistle. I wasn't sure what I should do now, but continue running.

Jolie~
I grip onto Galen, using most of my energy to keep myself on. I felt so weak and tired. My vision was starting to become blurry, even though I still somehow had my glasses on. "Selene, cast an illusion to make the cliff disappear for the monsters," I say, hoarsely. "Galen, when we get close enough, jump over the cliff. I know it's a far leap, but I'll make sure we get across." I had enough energy to give Galen a boost when he jumped. At least, I hoped I did.

Kaeden-
"That's fine by me," I say. I follow Phoenix through the spiderweb. It was a little hard, but I managed not to touch any of it. Eventually, the spiderweb thinned out before going away completely. We walked through a darkened hallway for a little bit. "Stop. I see a door," I whisper. "Maybe it leads out of here."

Valerie~
I glance over at Carrie when she collapses. Charlotte ran over to her. I turn back to my job. I clip the trackers onto the other 2 Anomalies. "Simulation completed! Good job! Please leave the room now," a voice says. I stand up and walk over to Charlotte. "Is she really out or just tricking us?" I ask. Charlotte and I could carry her, but I didn't want her to attack us.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 December 2019 at 4:12 PM

(Would it be alright if another natural disaster came in soon, like rain or blizzards?)
Galen:
~ I roar in reply to Jolie and run harder. I hoped with all my gut that my riders would stay on. I also really hoped but didn't know if I would be able to jump the gap.

Paige:
~ I look up and see Cliff shout. "Hey, there he is!" I say to Neva.

1,478 posts

arcana • 9 December 2019 at 6:44 PM

Selene~
I muster up my power, carefully spreading my powers thin. The whole canyon was covered, but the illusion would shatter very quickly, especially since it was such a big illusion. I let the people who were at arms length see through the illusion.
Meri~
I see that the panther has successfully snuck up on the two girls. Cliff was out of the way, so I grabbed the bows, and started shooting, in such a way that they couldn't track my arrows back to me. I felt guilty that my trap had hurt Paige, but this was a game. I had to be able to distinguish this from real life.
(Do you want to put this Simulation into "Sudden Death" mode? It is taking a bit long.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 December 2019 at 7:02 PM

(Shooting the arrows at Paige and Neva?)

1,478 posts

arcana • 9 December 2019 at 7:12 PM

(Yes)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 9 December 2019 at 7:57 PM

(Sure, wingedfox! We can do a blizzard once they get rid of the monsters.)
(What's Sudden Death mode? Everyone dies instantly?)

Cliff-
Meri was shooting arrows now. I wait a moment, jumping through the trees, until I think Neva and Paige are too distracted by the arrows. I jump down to the ground, rolling to lessen the shock of impact, and then hide in a bush. This was intense!

Jolie~
I was glad the others were listening to me. We might actually make this out without losing any lives, at least they would... I tighten my grip on my legs and left hand. I free up my right hand so I could use my powers when Galen jumps. We were almost there.

1,478 posts

arcana • 9 December 2019 at 7:59 PM

(No, just no more extra lives. You die, you die.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 9 December 2019 at 8:02 PM

(Sure, if the others are okay with it. I am wanting to wrap up the simulations.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 December 2019 at 2:50 PM

(That sounds cool)
Neva stuck out her tongue again, then gasped in surprise as a volley of arrows came flying towards her. "What the-" an arrow struck her leg, and she stumbled in pain. "That's it. I'm going to strike down every single tree in here."

"I don't know. Let's get her out though," Charlotte says as she moves to pick up Carrie.

"Should I open it," Callum says, flying over to the handle and perching on it.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2019 at 6:14 PM

(Sounds fine to me!)

Paige:
~ "Are you serious or joking?" I ask, a little worried. I didn't want my head blasted off while Neva shot at trees.

(Alright!)
Galen:
~ I freak out inside when I see the chasm vanish under Selene's illusion. What if I missed it or couldn't jump it? Everyone would lose a life because of me! This thought came right as I reached the chasm. I don't push off the ground until my front paws were hanging off the edge. I push off with my back paws, barely managing to correct my movement so that I was flying forward instead of sideways or upside down.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 10 December 2019 at 9:22 PM

Cliff-
I crouched in the bush, shifting from foot to foot. Meri was distracting the girls now. This would be the perfect opportunity to go search for the flag, but I didn't like the idea of living her alone with two Platinum Sector kids. Meri's smart, though. She could probably handle herself, right? I decide to go for a little bit. If it was taking too long to find, I would go back to help Meri. I creep through the bushes towards the other team’s territory, trying to stay as quiet as I could.

Jolie~
I shoot a strong and large blast of energy with my last remaining energy. I tumble off Galen, when we land on the other side of the cliff. I roll a few feet away before coming to a standstill. Through blurry eyes, I see the monsters fall down the cliff. At least the plan worked. Black dots start to swarm through my vision. I look down at my blood-stained shirt in a slightly disgusted way. I was wounded, weak, and tired. I accept my fate and decide not to fight the coming darkness. ”Death: Jolie Gonzalez! She will regenerate in a few moments,” the simulation voice calls out.

Pele~
“Not so fast,” a voice hisses. I groan. A snake slithers out of the shadows. It’s sharp teeth glint in the light of my fire. “You’ll be let out soon, but you have to answer my riddles, puzzles, and make me laugh for kicks. I never have any fun.” The snake sounded like he was complaining near the end there.

Kaeden-
“What happens if we don’t? What if Phoenix just decides to shoot you with her fire?” I ask, innocently. The snake laughs. “Nope, sorry. That won’t work. This is a simulation! Did you really think it’d be that easy?” I slump. Yeah, I guess he was right.

Valerie~
I help Charlotte out on picking her up. “Okay, let’s go,” I say. The room drops its illusions and becomes just a regular, empty room. I point to the door and slowly walk towards it.

1,478 posts

arcana • 10 December 2019 at 10:00 PM

A siren blares and the voice announces in the arena, "Due to the lack of fighting, subterfuge and other actions that would progress the Capture the Flag Simulation, we are enacting a Sudden Death mode. While under normal circumstances you would have several lives, you now only have one, similar to real life. You die, you die. Continue."
Meri~
After the announcement, I ramp up my barrage of arrows. Not as fast as I could shoot, but I was covering my tracks. In just a few moments, I run out of arrows. Sprinting through the trees, I return to a place where I stashed arrows. From the clearing where Neva and Paige were, I heard a growl.
Selene~
Dizzily, I close my eyes. Then a sound fills my eardrums. I lose my concentration and the canyon returns to normal. Thankfully, we were on the other side. I knew that if someone pushed me, I would probably die. As it was, I still was reeling from the illusion shattering badly. I was drained, and it felt like pins were stuck in all of my limbs.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 December 2019 at 10:23 AM

Paige:
~ "Well scud." I say after the announcement had passed. I hear leaves crunch, then a low growl. The hair on the back of my neck stands up. I look around frantically to see what was making the noise and I freeze. A panther stood in the shadows of a bush.

Galen:
~ I land clumsily and fall onto my side. I managed not to squish anyone. I groan and look around me. I could smell Selene was okay but... The announcement cuts through the air that Jolie was dead. I cover my face with my paws. I had known it. Something would go wrong. I slowly fade back into my human form and lay on the ground.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 11 December 2019 at 11:08 AM

Jolie~
Will regenerate in 3 more minutes... Snow was beginning to gently fall.

Cliff-
As soon as I thought I was too far away to be seen or heard, I get up and rub towards the other team's territory as fast as I can. They announcement had set me on the edge even more. I don't stop until I'm on their side, and the only reason I stopped was because I tripped over something and landed on my face. "Ouch," I say. I pick myself up and look at what I tripped over. It was a treasure chest. Hm... Was it stealing to take stuff from Neva and Paige's side? I shrug and rummage through it. There were 3 throwing knives and a little ear piece communication thingy. I wonder if Meri had one... I put it on and press a button. "Meri, can you hear me? Or, I guess, can anyone hear me?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 December 2019 at 4:14 PM

"Ohhh...noooo." Neva groaned. "I'm de-" A low growl made Neva freeze up, and she slowly turned her head to see a black panther crouching in the shadows. "Uhhh...what should we do?"

Charlotte reaches for the door knob and opens the door.

Callum resists a shriek in annoyance, then turns to the snake. "Okay then. What riddles do you have in mind?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 December 2019 at 8:12 PM

Paige:
~ I watch the panther carefully. "We... run? Or fly?" I say quietly from fear. I had no idea what do do. I was used to not ever having to run from things like this. Now that Sudden Death had started, there was no going back if you made a mistake.

Galen:
~ A snowflake lands on my palm and I watch as it melts. Wait. Snowflakes? I sit up and look up. A blizzard? A faint smile crosses my face. This was polar bear weather. Newly energized, I stand up and walk slowly to Selene. I kneel down my her. "Hey, you awake? We need to find the exit." I say to her.

1,478 posts

arcana • 11 December 2019 at 8:21 PM

Meri~
While I was grabbing arrows, I heard a distinct voice rattle from the bit of metal in the back of the tree trunk. Careful to not fall, I place it in my ear and press a button, smiling once I hear who it was. "This is Meri, and I can hear you Cliff. Where are you?" I start creeping back to where the girls were.
Selene~
I feel like vomiting, and I feel cold. A truly miserable combination. And I feel so tired, I could sleep, even on this rock hard ground and while feeling like sludge. Someone asks me if I'm awake. My eyes are blurring so badly, I can't even tell who it is. My ears ring, and coughing feels horrible. I gag before replying in a hoarse, tiny voice. "I'm awake."