in Roleplaying

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 30 August 2019 at 5:12 PM

(Sure why not?)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 30 August 2019 at 9:18 PM

Neva looked around the practice area. There were a few other Anomalies there.

Charlotte snapped to attention. "Yes sir!" she said. Oh, she thought, that sounded kinda stupid. Well, she had to hide the fact that she was slacking off.

Callum perched on a tree and observed a crowd. He had been directed to go there.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 September 2019 at 6:57 PM

Paige:
~ I make a cloud dress form around me and try to take a step. I walked right through the cloud. Phooey. I'd have to keep trying, then.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 September 2019 at 3:51 PM

(Thanks @arcana and @asrieldreemurr for clearing that up. I'll admit, I was confused 😋.)

Cliff-
"You can try to figure out the lie, though, I bet you won't be able to get it this time," I say, with a grin. Meri would totally get it. "Or we could call it quits," I add. "I think it's almost time for our next activity anyway."

Jolie~
The teacher shows me to an area with metal balls. There were 5 there, each weighed more than the last. It started at 100 pounds then went up to 500 pounds, 1000 pounds, 5000 pounds, and finally 10,000 pounds. "I want you to pick up the heaviest one you can manage," the teacher says. "I can pick up to 5000 if I push myself. Make sure you don't push yourself. Start whenever you're ready." I nod and focus on the lightest one. I will it to float and it does. It was easy. While focusing on the 100 pounds, I turn to the 500 pounds, and then the 1000, and then the 5000 pounds. I pause with those metal balls in midair and take a deep breath. "Okay, very good," the teacher says. I wasn't finished yet. I make the 10,000 pounds ball float. Sweat droplets appear on my forehead and I was starting to breathing harder. The teacher gives me a shocked look. She hadn't expected me to be able to lift that much weight. "Um... good... go ahead and put them down..." she says. I release my focus and will on the balls. They drop to the ground with a loud metallic clang that makes the teacher jump back. "Let's end here for today," she says. Like the balls, I drop to the ground for a break. I hadn't lifted that much weight in a long time.

Valerie~
I don't give any emotion to her strange reaction. "I'm not your commanding officer," I say. She didn't need act like that around me, not yet anyway. We were equals, until I could convince the leaders of MASK to give me a higher position... "Valerie is fine." I hold my hand out for her to shake. "And you're Charlotte, correct? I think we're in the same... group." By group I meant sector. I knew Charlotte would probably understand.

Pele~
As quietly as I can, I move away from the closet so the boy doesn't bump into me while he was searching. I step behind the girl and brush my hand on her shoulder so she knows where I was. I was really hoping as MASK guard wouldn't come in the hallway and found us standing around the closet. That would be hard to explain.

(If you guys want to do start the morning activities soon, we can. I have something fun planned, unless you guys have some ideas you'd like to do?)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 September 2019 at 3:55 PM

Neva wiped the sweat off her face. She had done okay this practice, but was very tired.

"Yeah, I'm Charlotte. We're in the same group," Charlotte says as she shakes Valerie's hand. She lets out a sigh of relief. She thought she was in trouble back there.

1,478 posts

arcana • 3 September 2019 at 4:03 PM

@bgunny
(You're welcome! I'd also love to see what you have planned!)
Meri~
I frown. I thought I had gotten it, but it had slipped away again. "Let's move to something else. I think I can figure it out by the end of today. Besides, sometimes it's easier to take a break and then come back to stuff!" I fiddle with a few bits of metal in my pocket. I looked around and casually grabbed a little loose staple.
Selene~
I walk away from the closet and discreetly pull the girl with me to another area.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 4 September 2019 at 6:53 AM

I stand up. She won't let me. I will get out myself. I stand up and read to any passing minds.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 September 2019 at 3:29 PM

Cliff-
I nod. "Okay," I say, grinning. May I had come up a lie Meri couldn't figure out. I bring out my violin and pluck a quick song. I wouldn't have enough time to set it up and start playing. I gesture to the staple. "What are you going to make with that?"

Jolie-
The teacher leaves and my guard comes in to pick me up off the floor. "The morning activity for today will be simulations! Please head to the Sim Rooms in 10 minutes! The MASK worker in charge will tell you what to do! And yes, it's required! Someone over the loud speaker says. I hear a few cheers from the kids around me. Almost everyone loved it when we did simulations. We were put in an empty room and we were given a scenario and a goal/story, most of the times it was surviving. The room would change to whatever scenario we were given. I groan. Even on a normal day, simulations were horrible, in my opinion, but today was worse because I was tired. I shouldn't have pushed myself. I don't know why I had done it in the first place.

(Simulations are kind of like virtual reality but the whole room is the console.)

Kaeden-
I prick my ears when I hear the lady over the loudspeaker. I give a wolfy grin. Simulations were fun most of the time. I just hoped I didn't get a scary scenario. I start to run to the Sim Rooms. I didn't have anything to do, so I mine as well go and get ready now.

Pele~
I let out a little 'eep' when the girl drags me away. I pull my hair away from her so it doesn't accidently burn her. I only half listen to the loudspeaker lady. Most of the morning activities were dumb anyway. "Hey, what gives?!" I say to the girl when we get out of ear-shot from the boy. I keep glancing back from where we came to make sure he hadn't followed us.

Valerie~
I take note of Charlotte's sigh. Something must have happened, though I wasn't sure what. I listen to the loudspeaker. "Simulations, that'll be fun," I say, grimly. Iron Sector had to do simulations as well, but our Sim Room was in a separate, secret area from the rest of the kids. "Want to head there together? We can be on the same team," I ask Charlotte.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 September 2019 at 4:14 PM

Neva heard the loudspeaker and headed towards the Sim Room. This would be fun.

"Alright," Charlotte nodded as she turned to Valerie. "Let's go!" She started walking towards the secret Sim Room. She was usually okay with Simulations, but today had been especially tiring. She was not looking forward to failing.

Callum landed and shifted back just in time to hear the loudspeaker. He sighed, his search today had been fruitless. He continued down the hall towards the Sim Room.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 5 September 2019 at 3:20 AM

Skyre-
Nothing. I'll wait then.

Carrie-
I was full. The loudspeaker. The Sim Room.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 6 September 2019 at 11:42 AM

Kaeden-
I step into the Sim Room. It was one big room that had smaller rooms or, some people called them chambers, where the Simulations were held. “For those of you that are here, start getting into groups of 3-4! You know how it goes!” The MASK person in charge shouts. I let my tail wag before shifting back into a human. I look around for anyone who wants to be on my team.

(I did quick math and it seems like we can have 3 Anomaly groups, 2 groups of 4 and 1 group of 3.)

Valerie~
I walk with Charlotte to the Sim Room. When we get there I scan my MASK card and get clearance in. I hold the door open for Charlotte. “What’s your weapon?” I ask. “Mine is dual swords.”

(@asrieldreemurr Would you like Carrie to be on a Valerie and Charlotte’s team? Also can Skrye and Kaeden be on a team together?)

Jolie~
I get up and my guard takes me to the Sim Room. The worst part about them was everyone always wanted Diamond Sector kids on their team. People were always crowding around me and asking me to join their team. I hated it. I step inside the room and go over to a corner, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 September 2019 at 12:36 PM

Galen:
~ I made a face as I walk to the sim room. I hoped this would be good.

Paige:
~ I leave my room and head to my next period.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 September 2019 at 6:00 PM

(Can Neva be on Cliff's team?)
(Also can Callum be on Kaeden's team?)
Neva stepped into the Simulation Room and looked around for a team.

"Ehehe, guns," Charlotte said as she gave a nervous chuckle. She stepped inside and looked around for her guns.

Callum sighed grumpily as he walked into the crowded room.

1,478 posts

arcana • 6 September 2019 at 6:15 PM

(Can Meri be on Cliff's team?)
Selene~
"Tell me why you were in there. You have a suspicious aura. If you don't tell me, I will find out myself." I had to find out what she was up to quickly. They would be searching for me soon. Simulations weren't fun, but since it was required, I had participate with other Anomalies.
Meri~
I flinch a bit, but giggle. "Oh, just something helpful, maybe prohibited, but we really should get to Simulations!"
I grab a few more staples for later, but jump up and wait for Cliff.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 6 September 2019 at 6:27 PM

(Yep, Neva, Meri, and Cliff can be a team. wingedfox, would you mind having Paige be the last member on their team? Callum can be on Kaeden's team.)

Kaeden-
I see a kid walk into the rooms and run over to him. He seemed grumpy. I wondered why. "Hi!" I say. I might not have a tail anymore, but mentally it was wagging. "Do you need a team?"

Valerie~
"Really? That's good. We'll probably do well then," I say. "How long have you been training?" That was always an important variable for me to know. If she was a beginner, then we might not do as well as I had thought, but if she had been training for awhile, then we would probably be fine. I start to get my swords ready.

Cliff-
I quickly put away my instrument. "Hm, okay," I say. I really wondered what Meri was making, but I had noticed the flinch, so I decide not to press it. "I'm ready. Let's go!"

Pele~
I cross my arms. "Why do you think I'd tell you?" I ask. "I don't know who you are or where you stand." I let out a snort at what she says. "You can try to find out, but if you treasure your life, I wouldn't bother." I decide to ignore the pain of my restraints and make a small fire in my palm.

Jolie~
So far, so good. No one was asking me to be on a team with them. Eventually, it was going to happen. I knew it.

1,478 posts

arcana • 6 September 2019 at 6:54 PM

Selene~
I wasn't going to let her just prance off. I tap the button again. That would make the guards think that I was in an immersive illusion. I make an illusion to hide myself and give her the illusion being trapped in quicksand. Sitting on the floor, I start tapping into her mind.
Meri~
I shake off the fear of someone noticing what I had been doing. I couldn't even tell Cliff until I was done, but after that, I would be able to leave. Maybe even help other Anomalies leave, like a modern Harriet Tubman.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 September 2019 at 7:23 PM

(@bgunny Sure! ^o^)
Paige:
~ I reach the room and lean on the wall nearest the door. I hoped nobody would notice me, and if they did, I hoped they would leave me alone. I didn't know about the teams yet.

Galen:
~ I walk into the room and turn into a bear-but only partway. My fingernails get longer and my ears move and shift to look like a bear's. My teeth get longer too.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 September 2019 at 9:11 PM

@bgunny (alright!)
Skyre-
Carrie walks back to my cell. Sim room?

Carrie-
I unlock her cell door. "Sim room. They apparently want you in there as well." I lead her to the sim room.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 7 September 2019 at 2:35 PM

Neva waited around for her friends. She saw a girl walk in and lean on the wall. She frowned, she knew this kid. Her name was ...uhhh Paige. And she was her neighbor. Neva had seen her around in the Platinum Sector. That meant that this kid could help her team. She walked towards the girl. "Hey, you have a team?" she asked.

"About ten years," Charlotte said as she clipped a hand gun onto her belt. "I started when I was five. How but you?"

Callum frowned at the over energetic boy. He sighed, "Yes. I suppose I'll have to join your team."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 September 2019 at 2:55 PM

Paige:
~ Ohcrapsomeone'stalkingtomewhatdoIsayohnoothisisgoingtofallflatonitsfaceifItrytotalkaghhhhh! I think. "Uhh... No... Not yet...'' I say. I wanted to speak what was in my head, but what I said was all that would come out. She didn't know this girl, but she looked familiar.

(Translation: She's nervous.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 7 September 2019 at 3:14 PM

Pele~
I struggle in the quicksand a bit. For a moment, I thought maybe the girl teleported me in quicksand or something, but then I realize how she made me invisible. Illusions were probably her powers. And since she was in Diamond Sector, she had mind reading. I yell at myself for not realizing that. I try to not think about the secret way out of here. Do whatever you want, but you have to stop eventually, and then you're going to regret it, I think, knowing she might hear it.

Cliff-
I walk into the Sim Room. "We're going to be on the same team, right?" I ask Meri. I look around for Neva. She would probably want to be on our team too. "Tell me if you see Neva."

Kaeden-
I jump excitedly and let out a happy yip. I didn't even pay attention to his displeasure. "Yay!" I say. "My name's Kaeden!" I shift my ears into wolf ears and give myself a tail. "I'm in Gold Sector, a wolf shapeshifter."

Valerie~
I practice swing my swords. I falter at her question. How long had I been training now? "Technically, I started training when I was 3, so about 12 years," I say. I sheath my swords in the scabbard on my back. "I guess we should find another person to be on our team," I say.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 September 2019 at 8:41 PM

Skyre-
As we arrived at the sim room, I lowered my eyes.

Carrie-
I separate from Skyre.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 September 2019 at 7:47 AM

(asrieldreemurr, I'm not sure if you already know, but the Iron Sector kids have a separate Sim Room than the Anomalies. If you already knew, sorry, just wanted to make sure.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 8 September 2019 at 12:18 PM

Neva grinned, "Would you like to join my team? I'm Neva, from the Platinum Sector." Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cliff and Meri. "Hey, over here!" she called.

Charlotte nodded. She put on a stoic face but inside she was dumfounded. This girl started training when she was three? Charlotte probably couldn't even shoot a gun at that age.

Callum sighed, "I'm Callum. Gold Sector, golden eagle shapeshifter." He could already feel a headache at the wolf's optimism.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 9 September 2019 at 7:05 AM

(Oh)

Skyre-
Carrie walks out of the room. I turn around and realize there were only a few people in the room. Huh.

Carrie-
I walk into the Iron Sector room.

1,478 posts

arcana • 9 September 2019 at 10:26 AM

Selene~
I hear her thought, but brush it off. There were a million ways I could play this to my favor. Looking back in her memories, I raised a eyebrow. I could do this, but did I really want to? I released my invisibility illusion and walked to the Sim room and only then released the girl's illusion. A guard scowled at me and scoffed, "What, were you late cause of your little illusions?" The guard next to him nudges him and I walk in and proceed to hide in a corner.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 9 September 2019 at 10:27 AM

Skyre-
What was going on?!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 September 2019 at 1:54 PM

Paige:
~ "Uhh... Sure..." I say nervously. I stop leaning on the wall. Who was this person? I was secretly happy that she had talked to me. I would probably never have gotten a team if she hadn't.

Galen:
~ I look over at all the other kids one by one and decide that I could be on a team by myself. That was fine with me. I turn back to full human and sit down on the ground cross-legged.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 September 2019 at 3:41 PM

Neva grinned, "Great!" She grabbed the other girl by her arm and walked towards Cliff and Meri.

"We need one or two more people," Callum said, dreading the thought of even more teammates.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 September 2019 at 3:56 PM

Paige:
~ "Woah." I whispered as I was dragged toward two other people.