The OSS Starlight Roleplay forum

in Roleplaying

Female
1,511 posts

froot • 4 December 2019 at 8:11 AM

(I'm still pretty confused too lol)

Leyle was still foraging the bins for food when a mysterious figure slinked up to her, gave a letter, and slipped away before she could question him. The letter had told Leyle to meet at the capital, for training to beat the wicked Olazar. She'd known about the Olazar people and the crystal that powered Arleon, but she had no idea what it was about and what it had to do with her. Leyle had figured it'd promise a better quality of life (and meaning of life) for her, instead of rummaging through trash to survive. Otherwise, Leyle would have stayed. She called for Jaia.
"What now?" Jaia had sighed, changing from a rat into her usual black cat form.
"I need to find my way to the Capital," Leyle had replied matter-of-factly, and read out the letter.
"That sounds hella cool! Well, I'm coming with you then."
Leyle had turned into a small calico cat, and the cats made their way there.

Upon their arrival, Leyle turned back into her human form. She was confused, and the person at the entrance had told her to go straight, take a left, take another left, and take the second right to the cafeteria. There would be signs to the female dorms, where everything would be there, clothes, supplies etc. There would be names on each dorm for each person, so there was no need to worry about it. Or at least, that's what the person said.
When Leyle and Jaia got to the cafeteria, a strange man was screaming his head off about hard work, cooperation, yadda yadda yadda, that they'd be boarding the ship at 10 am sharp, and "proper attire, this instance!"
It all felt so unfamiliar. Leyle was even more confused. Her mind whirled. 'What is going on?' she thought.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 8:12 AM

"Hurry up!" Viktor screamed as he goes outside.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 8:38 AM

(Let's see if I got this right...)

A large bird, one of her messengers, swooped into Yoshi's room carrying a letter. She read it real quick, "ah training?" she wondered out loud. Grabbing the apple, her mouse had brought her. She summoned her horse, Nightshade, "Yah," she cried and the horse sprinted off towards the capital. Even from a distance, Yoshi heard a man's voice, a yelling man's voice. "Great" she grumbled to herself. She summoned a falcon-like-creature, "go see what's happening" she commanded and the bird took off. It's best to see what I'm going to get into, she thought to herself.

Using her ability "bird's eye" Yoshi saw what her falcon was seeing. Creatures, lots of different creatures, and a very, very large ship. A man was yelling so loud it would have startled and knocked the bird out of the sky if it wasn't paying attention. The bird let out a loud squawk and began circling the creatures below.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 8:41 AM

Viktor stopped as he sees the bird-like creature circling.

He rolls his eyes and goes outside to where the starship was held.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 8:44 AM

The bird watched as the loud man (Viktor) walked away. "Follow, him," Yoshi commanded. The bird did as told and swooped down following the really annoyingly loud man. From the bird's point of view, Yoshi gasped when she saw the extremely large ship, it was even bigger up close. He bird landed on a near by rod not far from the man and stared up at the ship.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 8:50 AM

Viktor sighed. "Reveal yourself... I know you're using this creature as your eye."

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 8:58 AM

Huh, caught again. Yoshi thought to herself. She jumped onto her horse and rode to the place where her bird and the man were. As she neared, the large bird swooped onto her extended arm. Yoshi gently stroked the bird's head. "You may go now," she told the bird and in a puff of smoke, the creature was gone. She then turned towards the strange man, her eyes narrowed. She stretched out one hand for a handshake, while the other hand moved towards her hidden blade; just in case. Never trust anyone. She reminded herself. "My name is Yoshi, Yoshino Fidochi, second mate of this beautiful ship. You?"

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 9:00 AM

"My name is Viktor Ivanorov.." He stares at her extended hand. "Head of Security.." He declined to shake her hand.

"Nice dagger you've got there.."

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 9:07 AM

Yoshi narrowed at the man, Viktor's declination of the handshake. She smiled and withdrew her blade, "Like it?" she asked, "One little cut and the victim will die a slow...painful...death," she said grinning, examining the black blade. Curled around the handle was a black dragon with glowing blue and red eyes. Turning back towards Viktor, "Head of Security, huh, I got security is covered, see any any beasts with collars on, those are mine. Don't mess with them, unless you want to lose your head," she warned patting Nightshade's head. The horse opened his mouth, revealing a set of razor sharp teeth. "Anyways, what's happening?" she asked in a low voice, much like growling.

1,478 posts

arcana • 4 December 2019 at 11:57 AM

Palomi winced as a loud voice blared through the dorms. She was not particularly fond of anyone who would use such a brashly loud voice, especially because he seemed to not realise the importance of communication with coworkers. Fortunately, she wouldn't have to work directly under him, although she would likely work closely with Security. Kantoy and Kipa startled and zipped off.
(If anyone wants to interact with Palomi, you can run into her pets.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 December 2019 at 12:23 PM

(Okay, what's happening? I have a few questions now that I hope you don't mind answering @wingedfox... So, when was your intended time for the crew to board the starship? Are they near the starship yet or not? Also, pilots (I'm asking this because Nascha is a pilot), is the Head of Security really in charge of pilots? I would have thought that was a captain thing. Unless the pilots are flying shooters or other attack planes? I had assumed they were flying the starship itself. Sorry for all my potentially stupid questions.)

Rajani~
Amari was either thickheaded and couldn't take a hint or persistent. I wasn't sure which one. "Yes, that's right, Mr. Lakomoufe," I reply, using his last name pointedly. I didn't ask him if he was going as well. Since he had asked me, I think it was safe to assume he was. Besides, I didn't want him to think we were going to be best buddies or whatever. I would have been fine talking with him (as long as he knew we weren't going to be friends of course), but now he was starting to ask a lot of question directed towards me. I didn't like that. It was finally my turn to get some food. I search the tray for food I would like and put it on a place, then I start searching for food Alwyn would eat.

Cimeselti~
I felt a wave of annoyance pass through the man before he reaches out to help me up. I reach for his hand halfway before stopping. I really hadn't meant to make him upset! I guess since he was helping me that was a good sign... Maybe...? I bite my lip again and then grab his hand and pull myself up. I wasn't fazed by the commanding tone in his voice. I was used to that tone when I had lived with my parents. My father had always spoken like he owned the world. I stretch and flap my wings to make sure they were okay. "I'm fine. Thank you," I reply, trying to match his politeness. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to get my..." I pause as I see Nina and Dara by the food. Nina was grabbing as much as she could while Dara yelled at her. Finally, my winged rabbit sighs and assists her. Jo was watching with a worried expression. I snap my head back towards the man. I didn't want them to get in trouble! "I was just in a hurry," I say nervously instead.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 December 2019 at 3:22 PM

(Ooh, can Sabil meet Palomi's pets?)
(Also, is anyone else free? Amryn needs to meet someone?)
Sabil walked through the cafeteria after getting her food, feeling people staring at her. Arronuks were clearly not common around this area, but then again, she was also staring at others. She stopped in her tracks as two blurs raced by, one seeming like a crow, and another a rat. When she opened her mouth to snap at them, a loud voice boomed around the cafeteria and she winced. Geez...did the creatures here have no concern for others. She would become deaf if this continued.

Amryn shifted around nervously as the man shouted. What was he supposed to do? It was his first day here, and it wasn't like he could take anyone's shape to absorb their memories, unless he wanted to be punished. Or worse. He shivered at the thought.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 December 2019 at 3:36 PM

(@shadowfaxe @valleries1 We're currently in the cafeteria eating breakfast. After that I'll have you guys move to the ship where the head of command and the Captain (Ngar) will brief you on the mission. Your characters will get all the details there. We haven't gotten that far into the roleplay but for now it's just breakfast until all the characters are done.)

(@bgunny The pilots are in charge of flying the starship and it's more of a captain thing. Head of Security should let them know if there's something the pilots need to look out for but it's mostly a captain's job.

Kova:
~ I sigh and step back. Why had star command asked a jerk like that to join the crew? Because he's the best at his job. A little voice at the back of my mind whispered. Well... I don't feel very secure. I think. I turn around and walk out of the hallway to the gathering crowd of people who were ready to board the ship.

Amari:
~ I look at the food for a moment, then look back at Rajani. "Nice! What were you called to be?" I ask. I figured she wouldn't be a guard, because she didn't seem like guard material. The line moved a little more and I step forward to get a plate.

Ngar:
~ "That's alright." I say. "I'm not mad." I say. I was a little confused about what to say. I hadn't exactly gotten an A+ in my communicating Among Species classes. I had no idea what to say. "Uhm.. Can I help you with anything?" I follow her gaze and see a trio of tiny creatures flitting around the food. "Like catching your friends?" I finish with a smile. The strange man who called himself Head of Security started yelling again and I felt a surge of frustration and quickly tamp it down. I would love to put him in his place but that wouldn't do right now. I look back at the girl.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 3:51 PM

(oops jumped ahead, okay rewind...)

I'm going out for a s-s-s-stroll a voice hissed in Yoshi's mind, Do as what you want, just don't get in trouble. Yoshi growled back in her mind. A faint light glowed and a snake slithered out of the hole. Yoshi gritted her teeth in pain.

The large snake, slithered through the cafeteria. When it neared a flower, it wilted and died. It looked around, seeing so many creatures. "Hello lowly creaturesssss, who and what are you....?" it hissed.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 5:44 PM

Viktor was not taken aback. "If you wish your creatures..." His eyes shone bright with caution. "If they die, you bury them yourself.." He notices them, coming their way.

"DOUBLE TIME! THE SHIP WILL BE LEAVING AT 7 MINUTES!"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 December 2019 at 7:21 PM

(Okay, thank you! That clears things up. I wasn’t sure what I had signed Nascha up for 😋)

Rajani~
I spoon some food onto a separate plate for Alwyn. He was chattering away in my head and telling me what he wanted. “First mate,” I reply. By now, I’d accepted I’d have to deal with him for the time being. He really wasn’t going to leave me alone. At least his questions were pretty harmless. He wasn’t asking me about my life or anything. Still, I decide to veer the discussion more towards him. “How about you?”

Cimeselti~
I blush and open my mouth to explain why my creatures were doing this and to please not get them in trouble, but then I see his smile. I relax and smile back. “That’d be great,” I say. “Dara and Jo, the rabbit and mouse, aren’t going to give me much trouble, but Nina… She’s a feisty one. We’re probably going to have to sneak up on her.” Nina was likely to act up. I didn’t have to question it. All the people, all the chaos, she loved it and was going to take advantage of it. I startle when I felt frustration come off of the man. I quickly deduce that it wasn’t because of me, but because of the crazy man who was shouting. Jo probably didn’t like all his shouting. She was going to hide in my pocket the rest of the day. I figured she’d had enough excitement already as it was.

(shadowdragon28, Tahag and Nascha aren’t doing anything important right now if you want Amryn to meet up with either of them. Tahag is helping at the cafeteria, but he’s about to get kicked out, and Nascha is grumpily waiting in the line for food.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 December 2019 at 8:15 PM

Amari:
~ What? She's FIRST MATE? No way... I think. "I'm the ship comedian. Also a guard but I rank that way lower." I chuckle and plop some fruit pudding and bacon on my plate. A drop of the pudding lands on my hand and I lick it off.

Ngar:
~ "Okay." I say. I look at the pet and start thinking of ways to catch them. I see a box nearby that might work to catch them. "I'm Ngar Bajar'na, by the way." I say.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 8:46 PM

(Finally caught up before I went the wrong way for too far. okay scratch everything I ever said before, starting over from the beginning. Yoshi is open too if anyone is looking for someone to interact with.)

Yoshi sighed and walked into the cafeteria. The place was filled with unfamiliar creatures. Her stomach began to grumble, ignoring the line, she shoved forward, bumping into the creatures in it, and especially agitating a white owl (Nascha) who seemed already very upset. Yoshi ten snatched an apple from the counter and sat down alone at a table in the corner and began chomping loudly on the fruit.

1,478 posts

arcana • 4 December 2019 at 8:52 PM

@shadowdragon28
(Sure!)
Kipa shrieked annoyedly at the person whose voice was booming across the halls heading to the cafeteria. While she was far away enough and quiet enough to not be heard by the voice's owner, someone else was in the hall with her. She contemplated harrying the wolf-eagle in front of her, but decided against it. Palomi would advise against it. She instead crow-hopped up to it, inspecting the aloof looking being. Kantoy pulled himself out of Kipa's shadow, wondering what had taken her so long. He wanted to annoy the owner of the voice. Kipa wing-slapped him, scolding Kantoy in crow for trying to annoy a higher up person. Kantoy sniffed, and turned his attention to the Arronuk in front of him. He actually knew what an Arronuk was, and wasn't quite as impressed, although Kipa's fascination was likely due to her being very shiny like. Kantoy slipped away to return to Palomi, leaving Kipa to inspect Sabil herself.
Palomi~
Kantoy slipped out of the shadows in my hair, hissing about someone shouting in the cafeteria. I mutter, "I heard," before turning to my holopad(Basically a holographing item, like a watch, that can be snapped on a wrist. Similar to a large Ipad, just small and holographic) which listed possible cures and an essay for Filmete(A new semi-rare disease that affects certain types of people and animals that have wings. It is akin to paralysis or arthritis. The wings often wither and are very, very weak at a very young age. It can be solved with very expensive balms and life long treatment, but many people are researching better ways to cure it, permanently. Lots of people do research on it, mainly due to the fact that it is becoming very prevalent for winged species.) I wouldn't be able to test these, but I would be sending these to a medical institute that could use them.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 December 2019 at 10:59 PM

Rajani~
A comedian? Well that definitely explained a lot. Outcast and strange was written all over his face. No normal Lumerian would ever in their right mind become a comedian. "That's a nice job," I say, even though I didn't mean it. I might not want to be friends, but I had to be friendly and kind. I couldn't make enemies. I grab my plates and move out of the line. "I'm going to go sit and eat now," I say. I start to walk back to my table, where Alwyn was watching me eagerly. I cast a quick glance back to Amari. He wasn't going to follow me to my table, right? I certainly hoped not.

Cimeselti~
" It's a pleasure to meet you, Ngar," I say, remembering the manners my parents had instilled in me. "My name is Cimeselti Norharan, but you can just call me Clem if you want." I notice him looking at a box. "The box might work," I say, nodding. "If we can get close enough to Nina and use it almost like a net."

Nascha-
I glare at the girl who just pushed through the line. "Hey! Watch it! You shouldn't cut the line! Do you think your time is more important than ours or what?" I shout at her. I had a very hungry fluffball back in my room. People like her were just making it longer for me to retrieve food.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 11:08 PM

Viktor
I gritted my teeth. They were taking a bit longer. But as I checked my watch, I realised it was still 0945 (09:45 am). And decided to wait for them.

Was I this harsh to them?

Maybe, but I have to discipline them.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 11:08 PM

Yoshi whipped her head around at the owl creature who had yelled at her. Her eyes narrowed as she shouted back, "Do you really expect me to wait in a line where everyone is cutting in? If you're truly that hungry, you would be fighting to get first in that line"

(@thelaizywolf2019 Honestly, everyone is still eating breakfast)

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 4 December 2019 at 11:11 PM

(@valleries1, I know, but Viktor really wants them to be early

(@wingedfox, can Viktor and Ngar slowly become friends?

Viktor
I decided to wait inside the ship, since I placed my possessions on my private quarters there.

When I arrived at my quarters on the ship, I sat on the edge of my bed and grabbed a book under my pillow.

My best bet, it that they'll finish at exactly 0952, and it's best to find something that can entertain you for a couple of minutes.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 December 2019 at 11:14 AM

Nascha-
I scoff at what the girl says. None of that made any sense to me. "Hey, it's about decency. Trust me, I thought about cutting, but I have decency." At least, I had a sort of decency. She really didn't need to know how much "If the others decide they want to cut the line, that's their problem. Haven't you heard the saying, just because everyone's jumping of a cliff, doesn't mean you have to do it too?" I say. "But, if you want to jump off cliffs and be an indecent person that's fine with me. I couldn't care less." I was extremely a frustrated with this girl and was just trying to get on her nerves. If I was going to have a bad day, I wanted to make someone else's day worse. Yeah, I really didn't have much decency.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 December 2019 at 11:26 AM

(hmm, I'm going to try first-person point of view)
Yoshi-

I growled, this owl was really getting to me. I finished my apple and stood. "Suicide? oh that sounds so fun." I snarled walking up to the creature. I chucked my apple core past his head nearly missing his face and it landed in the trash can with a thump. I stared into his eyes. "Are you trying to pick a fight?" I snarled, "because I hope you understand what position I hold on this ship"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 December 2019 at 11:37 AM

Nascha-
I touch the tip of my bow to make sure it was there. It was, and I knew I had arrows in my quiver as well. I didn’t think the girl would be crazy enough to pick a fight, but who knew. She seemed kind of crazy. I move my head slightly to the side when she throws the apple, so I don’t get hit. I stare back at her unfazed. If she did try to attack, I could always just turn invisible and run. “I’m not trying to pick a fight. You’re the one who’s getting all upset,” I say. “And I don’t know what your ranking is on the ship. I do know, however, that we aren’t on the ship yet, and I couldn’t care less.” Because of what she said, I was guessing she had a higher rank. She didn’t look and act like she could be captain. I was guessing first or second mate. I mean, if I didn’t make enemies with the captain, I was doing something right! It didn’t matter what the first and second mates though of me.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 December 2019 at 11:53 AM

Yoshi's eyes narrowed, her hand moved towards her weapon. Her other hand touched the blood red ruby necklace on her neck. Taking her hand off her weapon. She touched the metal bracelets around her wrist, they kept her powers at bay. But the dragon in her head was screaming at her to kill. He will get in your way, end him now, so you don't have to worry about him later. it hissed. Yoshi gritted her teeth "Shut up.." she growled. Taking a deep breath, she looked at the owl again, "let me remind, you. You happen to be the one who yelled first," she snarled. "You stay out of my way, and I will stay out of yours."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 December 2019 at 1:51 PM

Nascha-
I prepared for an attack when I notice her hand inch towards her weapon. I thought I heard her say shut up, but it didn't seem like it was directed towards me. I had pretty good hearing, but I decide to push it off as hearing things. I relax when she takes her hand of the weapon. "Let me remind you, you happened to be the one who cut the line first," I retaliate. "But, yes, I agree. Stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours."

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 December 2019 at 2:48 PM

Yoshi felt her anger raise again, the bracelets began to shimmer. They burned her slightly as it was a warning to restrain herself. Yoshi glanced down at them, and could almost smell the smoke it was generating. I have to leave quick, before something happens... she told herself. "Whatever," Yoshi smirked, "if you were really concerned, you would have yelled at everyone else who cut in front of you, not just me." With that Yoshi snatched another fruit and left the cafeteria.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 December 2019 at 4:20 PM

Sabil blinked as the crow-like creature hopped up to her. She frowned, was it someone's pet or another crew member? "Uhh..........., why are you staring at me?"

(can Amryn meet with Nascha?)
Amryn stared as the hostile girl left the cafeteria. The people here really were kind of scary.