The Beasts Academy Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Deleted • 1 January 2020 at 10:10 PM

Alina
Ali chuckled softly. "Oh yeah I get it. The only reason I'm here is because a bread lady wouldn't let me not come. When I was little though I was super social. My mom and I traveled a bit and she always said "if you are a lone female make friends with all the big tough guys, the ones people are scared of, that way if you get in trouble you have a team that will watch your back." So I just became friends with a lot of the "scary" people. But my mom died and now I only talk when I am asked or when it cant wait," Ali caught herself and chuckled sheepishly. "Then sometimes I start rambling... sorry about that.."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 January 2020 at 10:24 PM

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I stood where I was as the people around me congratulate me. I was peering into the crowd where I could hear and see a group of Chosen arguing. Really? This was what my team was made up off. A bunch of weak, easily intimidated and angered, and shy people. Wow, well isn’t that just great? I turn to look up at the Headmaster. She was watching the scene with a bemused expression. She looks down at me, most likely because I was closest, and smiles. I don’t smile back.

She holds her hand up and begins to speak. “Excuse me! Now that the badges have chosen the new recruits, can you all please come up to the platform? I’d like to congratulate and have a word with you all.” My hand hover to take my cloak hood off, but I decide against it. I wasn’t completely safe yet. I pull it over my face a little more, so that I could see, but most of my face was covered in a shadow. People move aside for me as I walk through the crowd, over to the platform stairs. I was the first one up. The Headmaster nods at me. She tells me where to stand.

I look at the other Chosen, and wait patiently for them to come. I wasn’t really feeling patient. I wanted to get out of here and go to the school grounds. Only there would I really be truly safe. I didn’t think this would happen, but someone might recognize me and contact my parents or try to stop me from going. I could not afford that to happen. I was so close now.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise"

I panicked over my badge for a few more minutes, until I heard raised voices. I peeked over and see a group of the Chosen arguing. I could see more talking nervously. I watch them all. “Seriously? Those are the fools I’m being teamed with?” I shake my head and click my tongue in a disapproving way. Gareth’s eyes widened. He hadn't expected me to speak that way. Still, some of them were acting stupid. This wasn't a good time to be arguing, not at all. Some of my new teammates seemed nice, though.

“Lal!” I point towards them. “Come one, Gareth. I mean, look at them. If they spend time arguing like that, how are we supposed to learn. As the knights would say, fools!” Gareth laughs. “Only you, Lal.” I smile at him. “Maybe I should go talk to them, and break it up.” He gestures for me to go ahead. “Just don’t hurt them too much,” he says, winking. I smile at him. Gareth knew I wouldn’t attack them unless I had reason to. I just wanted to go talk to them, and get to know them a little better.

I was starting to walk towards them when the Headmaster called us up to the front. Oh, well. I’d have time to get to know them later. I’d been working and living with them now. I change my direction towards the platform. I seek out Gareth. He gives me a reassuring smile. I nod and continue walking. I make it to the stairs and then move aside so the all the other Chosen could walk up before me. I wanted to scope them all out. The only person on the platform was a cloaked figure. Well, if anyone was going to be a criminal, it would be her. She was being a little too creepy.

As I looked at her, though, something felt familiar. I couldn’t really see her very well, but she stilled looked familiar. Maybe it was the way she stood, like she owned the world or she was proud and confident. I wasn’t sure. I push out my thoughts. It was probably nothing. I got that feeling a lot. One of the bad side effects of having memory loss.

”And nothing, nothing, would make me break it…”

1,478 posts

arcana • 1 January 2020 at 10:30 PM

Asteria smiles. This girl was suprisingly similar to her. "No, you're fine. And we should probably head up on the stage." Her words get more quiet and strained when she said stage. She felt a lot better about doing this, especially now that she knew someone, but she was still nervous.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 January 2020 at 10:31 PM

Aria:
~ I gladly take the chance to go towards the stage. I notice a cloaked figure on the stage. Well, this is going to be interesting. I think. I walk slowly up the stairs and stand beside the girl next to the cloaked figure. I take off my hood and shake my head so that my hair wasn't caught in it.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 1 January 2020 at 10:36 PM

(@bgunny I look at your forum then I look at mine, wow that's a lot of typing 😋)

Yoshi yawned again, boy was she tired today, "well see you people later," she said and walked towards the headmaster. I got it, I will just hide my true-self and put up a false impression to others... she planned out her master plan to hide her true intentions. To fit in and hide her hatred of the elves and humans. Yoshi walked up to the stand, her head held high with pride. Yoshi stood by an elf (Agnimitra) and resisted the urge to cringe away. "Sup," she greeted, trying to say it without gritting her teeth.

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 January 2020 at 11:35 PM

Mikel manages to get away from the crowd, only to find he had to head up to the stage now. He groans and walks over to the stage. He stands next to the human boy.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 2 January 2020 at 12:06 AM

Clythia-
I walk up the stage, a wide smile on my face. Well, this was exciting.

Patience-
Go on the stage? ON THE STAGE?! I twitch as I walk up the stairs. I couldn't do this. My head hurts, I'm twitching. Once I'm on the stage, my twitching grows even worse.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 January 2020 at 12:09 AM

Aria:
~ I watch others walk onto the stage and feel better knowing that there were some more nervous than I was.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 5:17 AM

( Is this the bit with the beasts? )

Luna climbed the steps and stood beside a human boy ( Lalitya ) she took a deep breath and tried not to panic. She was used to people staring at her, and being on stages. But she felt uneasy, she couldn’t work out what. Her face went even more pale then it already was and she tried to hide herself.

Deleted • 2 January 2020 at 6:29 AM

Alina slowly made her way up and stood at the end trying to calm her nerves.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 6:32 AM

Luna sighed and looked to her side to try and spot someone she may be able to talk to.
What am I doing? Why am I here? Why? Just wait for someone to talk to you.
She looked at her nails and pretended to pick at them. She yawned to see if anyone was watching her.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 January 2020 at 10:33 AM

(valleries1, 😋 I just really like to write.)

(galaxyleopard, Not yet, but soon. I’ll let you know when the beasts can start being played.)

Agnimitra

I glance over at one of the half-elves who were standing next to me. She had spoken to me. Sup, who uses that word as a greeting? I think disdainfully. I was glad my face was hidden in my cloak so she wouldn’t have really been able to see when I rolled my eyes. “Hello,” I say. I couldn’t forget that soon I would be living with these people. It would be better to get along with them than to start arguing. At least right now. I wasn’t sure how long I’d go without arguing with someone.

I scan the other student standing next to me. She was also a half elf. She had a cloak that looked as dirty as mine. I wondered what her story was. Maybe she was also a run away or more likely a traveler. The next thought that pops into my mind are: where were all the elves? Was I the only one? I scan the row until I see an elf who was twitching. Then I remembered seeing another elf arguing with a human. I almost shake my head in a disapproving way. Yes, I was the only elf.

The Headmaster smiles at us as she waits for the last few Chosen to come up. The people seated in the chairs stand up. There were 3 of them, a human, half-elf, and elf. They were older, maybe around 50. No one cared about their age, though. They cared more about the stories they carried with them. The elf had led one of the most successful and respected groups of Chosen. Group Gladiolus was his group’s name. I knew, by the sorry state of half the kids, we could only dream to even quarter what their group had done. The half-elf was in the successful group, and had done many amazing feats. The human was Vice-Headmaster, one of the only humans who had a high leading position.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise"

Going up on the stage was no problem for me. I was used to having attention put on me. As one of the knight’s best students, I did many demonstrations and attended some ceremonies, either for me, fellow students, or my mentors. After checking out the other students, I walked up the stairs with confidence. A boy stood on one side of me, and a nervous looking girl stood on the other side. I scanned the area. A lot of the students looked a little nervous.

I lean over to the nervous girl and whisper, “It’s alright. You get used to this after awhile. I used to get nervous too.” I smile at her. What I had said was true. I remember my first demonstration, I’d been so nervous, I’d completely flopped it. My hands had been shaking too hard to really do anything. Afterwards, my mentors had stilled clapped me on the back and congratulated me. They told me they had done the same for their first demonstrations, and they hadn’t expected anymore from me. Honestly, at that time, I wasn’t sure if I should be mad or relieved. They had set me up for failure, but at least they had set me up for failure they were proud of.

“And nothing, nothing, would make me break it…”

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 10:36 AM

Luna looked around into the boy beside hers’s eyes. She smiled, happy for the first time in a while
He talked to me! He actually talked to me!
“ Thanks, I - I’m okay really, umm..”
She couldn’t stop her hands shaking she clenched her fists beside her sides.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 January 2020 at 10:39 AM

Yoshi watched as the elderly elf, human, and half-elf in front of her. Ah, that much be the Vice. A human... she analyzed to herself. She set a serious face and glared down at the people in the crowd. She loved the feeling of being above all others; the feeling of being special.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 January 2020 at 10:44 AM

Lalitya

I smile back at the pony-tailed girl. Her shaking hands and stuttering didn’t escape my attention, but it was really brave of her to be up here, even if she was nervous. I nod. “Okay, but just know it’s alright to be nervous or scared or… I guess it’s alright to not be alright.” A look of confusion passes over me for half a second before going back to my usual smile. I’d heard or spoken those words before, hadn’t I? Had it been me or someone else? Who had been the receiver or sender? Maybe it was just something Gareth had told me. It seemed like something he would say. I was probably thinking about this too hard. I didn’t have a perfect memory. I probably had forgotten some things since losing all my memories. “What’s your name?” I ask. “Mine is Lalitya, but you can call me Lal. It’s a lot easier to say.”

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 10:47 AM

Luna knew already that her and Lal were going to be great friends, there was something about him, maybe it was his kindness, or those eyes. She had no clue.
“ I like that name, I’m Luna, but a lot of my closer friends call me Lu or Moon. I don’t mind what you call me really.”
She noticed she wasn’t shaking anymore and she felt warmth instead of the painful ache of loneliness.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 January 2020 at 11:09 AM

Lalitya

“Thank you. I don’t hear that very often. I actually used to be made fun because of my name. That’s part of the reason I like being called Lal,” I say. I remember when I went through the teasing. I’d started forcing people to call me Lal, including Gareth. It had turned out, the knights liked to tease everyone, not just me. They even teased themselves. I just ignored the teasing I got occasionally now. “Luna is a very pretty name, and it suits you well. I think I’ll call you Moon, though. That nickname also suits you really well.” I knew Luna and Moon was essentially the same thing, but the names seemed a little different. Luna seemed more delicate, and Moon seemed… I don’t know… Stronger? Less shy? Hmm, maybe I was looking for a different word.

I could see Gareth watching me from below. He gave a quick wave and smile. I could also see an amused twinkle in his eye. He thought it was funny how I had already managed to make a friend. He had told me once I could make friends with an ant. I had told him that would be impossible, but he had just replied with, “you’d find a way. Nothing seems impossible for Lalitya.” He’d been wrong. I still haven’t managed to make friends with an ant, though I had tried once.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 2 January 2020 at 11:15 AM

Luna immediately felt sorry for Lal
“ Well, whoever teased you because of your Name is wrong, anyway, a name won’t tell you much about a person so if people won’t like you because of your name, I think they’re missing out on a lot.”
She felt proud of what she said, people told her she wasn’t very good at making people feel better about themselves and she knew they weren’t lying, but sometimes, sometimes, you just can’t know yourself enough.

1,478 posts

arcana • 2 January 2020 at 12:08 PM

Asteria toyed with her braid for most of the way up to the stage, and shivered when she got to the stage. She hated stages. Asteria minced her way onto the stage and hid in the back, behind the other Chosen, but still mostly-kinda-not really that much visible. She was of no mind to just stand up there and smile, but at least some people were as nervous as her.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 January 2020 at 4:12 PM

Felix stiffens when he hears "almighty leaders". He glares and opens his mouth to retort, but the Headmaster starts to speak. He sends another glare at the human boy who was edging away, then walked with fist clenched to the podium. He gets up on stage and stood by the other Chosen. Many were staring at him with disapproving gazes, including an elf. Felix grits his teeth but tries his best to ignore them and listen to the Headmaster.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 January 2020 at 5:46 PM

Agnimitra

The last student steps up onto the stage. The Headmaster stands in front of us. The others stand in a line behind her. She looks and smiles at each of us individually. "Congratulations on being chosen! I'd like you all to know that you are now considered a family of the other members of Beasts Academy as well as to others. You grow very close and loyal bonds with your fellow teammates. Never forget that, even if you may fight sometimes. And yes, arguing will happen." She smiles at some of the kids she'd seen in an argument. She then begins to introduce herself and the others. "My name is Headmaster Audelia. The human is Vice Fritz. The half-elf is Maliha, and the elf is Mircea. They will be pinning on your badges."

I give each of them a critical glance. The human had short blonde hair and brown eyes. He looked pretty strong. I wondered why he had chosen to be Vice-Headmaster instead of a warrior or something of the sorts. The half-elf seemed carefree and happy. She had black hair and golden eyes. She had a bow strapped onto her back and a dagger in it's hilt on her pelt. The elf, Mircea, looked just like her, but his eyes were green instead. I wondered if they were related somehow. He carried no weapons, but I'd heard enough stories about him to know he was strong enough magic-wise not to need them. Headmaster Audelia begins to speak again. "Once they pin on your badge, you may leave the stage. I will give each of you an hour to go pack or say goodbye to your friends and family. Please meet back here and we will head to the Academy when everyone is ready." She looks into each of our eyes to make sure we understood before stepping aside and gesturing for the others to start.

I watch as the human walks to the humans, the elf walks to the elves, and the half-elf walks to the other half-elves. Mircea walks over to me. I wordlessly hand over my badge. He pins it on my shirt. I could tell he was curious. I mean, I'd be too. He was pinning on a badge to an elf who refused to show her face. He says nothing about the matter, though. I look into his green eyes, and feel like he understands. I had no idea why. When he's finished he says, "welcome to the Academy. I hope eventually you'll be able to open up and trust people, but I know it might be hard at first," and then moves onto the next. I watch him, not even trying to hold back the surprised look on my face. No one would people able to see it. How did he...? I shake it off and my eyes wander to my badge. I let out a relieved breath and walk off the stage. I was officially part of Beasts Academy now. Everything would be alright.

Lalitya

"Thank you," I say. "Luckily, most of the people who teased me are now my friends. There is one kid, though, who is a bully, and he continuously teases my name. You're very right. I don't pay him much mind." I offer Luna one last smile and then the Headmaster starts to speak. I listen to her. Somehow, I felt more relieved and at terms with being part of Beasts Academy after hearing her speech. The whole being part of a team thing didn't sound much different from being part of the knighthood. I was close and loyal to them as well. I smile when she says that and look at the other Chosen. I'd do my best to be friendly with each of them. Right after I made sure they all had good intentions of course.

The human, Vice Fritz, walks over to me. I hand him my badge. He stares at my armor. "I can't pin anything on that," he says. I shrug. "Well, you can't blame me. I've bet you got armor under that coat of yours." He smiles and pulls aside his coat to reveal his own armor. I smile back at him and point at a soft cloth part on my upper arm. "You can put it on there." He gestures to something. A knight apprentice badge was already pinned into the cloth. I frown as I realize I'd have to take it off. I slowly reach up and touch it. I look up at him. He nods and gives me an understanding look. "I was a knight too," he whispers. I look back down at my badge. This would be my last chance to back out. I could hand back the badge and walk off the stage. I could live my normal life again.

I glance over at Luna, a new friend, and then look over at the possible criminal-girl. I stare at each of the other Chosen. Finally, I look at Gareth who was smiling proudly at me along with the other knights. Still staring at the knights and my guardian, I unclasp the badge. I place it carefully in my pocket and move my arm so Vice Fritz could pin the Beasts Academy badge on. He claps a hand on my arm when he is finished and smiles at me warmly. "Welcome to Beasts Academy." He moves onto the next person. I nod at Luna to be polite and then walk off the stage. I stare down at the badge. I was committed to this now. No backing out.

"And nothing, nothing would make me break it..."

(You guys can control the three badge pinners and have them pin on your character's badges.)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 January 2020 at 5:58 PM

Yoshi stared straight into the eyes of the half-elf that walked up to her to pin her badge. No expression written on Yoshi's face as she felt her badge being pinned to her shirt. As the half-elf who had pinned her badge straightened, Yoshi saw a sudden look of sadness in her eyes. "Hatred will get you no where," the half-elf, Maliha spoke softly to her. Yoshi was surprised by the half-elf's words but showed no change in her expression, instead she clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. As Maliha, walked away to pin more badges, Yoshi growled to herself, "no, hatred and power will get me everywhere."

1,467 posts

robinn • 2 January 2020 at 6:13 PM

Mikel glances at his classmates. Great, I'm stuck with these guys until training is over. Even though the Headmaster said to get along, Mikel knew that wasn't going to happen. Especially since there were elves and half-elves on his team. The Vice-Headmaster walks up to him pin the badge. Mikel wordlessly hands him the badge. Vice Fritz pins on the badge. "Welcome." He says. Mikel glances down at the badge. It's official. I'm stuck here.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 2 January 2020 at 6:18 PM

Clythia-
One of the badge pinners walked over to me. I stared into green eyes. Their gaze finally moved away.

Patience-
I decided to look down at the ground. I tried to stop my twitching. I heard footsteps. I tried even harder, I didn't want to seem like I couldn't stop my twitching. I didn't want to seem like a spaz. The others would think I'm weird and I wouldn't make friends-I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Stop. Do not worry." I didn't look up. I drew into my mind and steadied my breathing. I stopped twitching, only momentarily. "Good." The person walked away, satisfied.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 January 2020 at 6:48 PM

(I'm not going to make a post yet, but I keep forgetting to write something. I find it amusing that most of the kids don't want to be chosen. I've counted about 5 kids who don't want to be chosen, 3 who I'm not sure if they want this or what their motives are, and 1 who is only doing it out of necessity. The most desired rank in Dryagia and 9 kids aren't happy about being chosen for it.)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 January 2020 at 6:55 PM

(Wow, that just sounds sad. It's like me and my grades. Everyone wants an A plus, and then there's me who wants a B so my parents won't expect me to be on the honor role, lol 😋)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 January 2020 at 6:59 PM

(Wow....That's actually really interesting! And...kind of sad 😊)
Felix watches warily as the elf, Mircea approaches him. He holds out his badge and the elf cooly pins it to the front of his worn out shirt. He relaxes. It was officially done. There was no backing out now. He had to do this for his family. His normal life was gone. He waits for the elf to step away, but Mircea remains for one more second, "Watch your temper." Then he was gone. Felix gapes at the elf as he leaves, looking like he said nothing. Did he just...? Felix closes his mouth, feeling a spike of indignation at this, but also a feeling of shame.

1,478 posts

arcana • 2 January 2020 at 7:43 PM

(Well, the rank is kinda like the military. It's cool, there's glory, you get to do things, but there's danger. You have to work really hard. And besides that, lots of people have trauma. Also, fear is a factor for at least Asteria, and probably a few more characters. Not everyone likes a spotlight.)
Asteria shuffled a bit in the back before the half-elf, Maliha approached her. Asteria handed Maliha her badge and looked down. "Ah. Pearlsmouth. I'm sorry for your loss. But you don't have to hide. You are strong. Be proud of yourself." Asteria looked away. This half-elf didn't know her life or struggles. Maliha sighed and pinned her badge. "I think you will find that you are more deserving of this than you think you are. I hope you realize your worth." Asteria didn't look at her and slipped back into the shadows.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 January 2020 at 8:15 PM

(That's deep... I spent way too much time thinking that over and applying it to life. Awesome!)

Aria:
~ I watch as Vice Fritz stops in front of me. I rummage in my pocket for the badge. For a horrible moment I thought I had lost it, and then my fingers brush against cool metal. I pull it out and pass it to him. He gives me a smile and pins it to my shirt. "You shouldn't be scared of your powers. The accident wasn't your fault." He pats my shoulder once and steps away. I bite my lip and look down at the stage. What if it had been? It was my powers that created the illusion that killed... I swallow hard and couldn't make myself finish the thought.

Deleted • 3 January 2020 at 12:11 AM

Alina
The human comes over and reaches out for the pin. "You wont have to run from these people," he said. "How did you...?" Ali asks. "I can see it in your eyes. Dont write yourself as scared of everything. This is just new but it will become a part of you. You're very brave now you have to believe it," he smiled as he closed the clasp and with it my last chance to walk away. "Welcome."