The Beasts Academy Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 3 January 2020 at 11:59 AM

Luna breathed out slowly and headed to the Vice. She handed him the badge and tossed her hair to the side. He pinned the badge on the top right side of her shirt and smiled.
“ Welcome to Beast Academy.”
Luna awkwardly smiled back and walked over to the group of chosen ones.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 January 2020 at 4:02 PM

Agnimitra

What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

"And that concludes our Choosing Ceremony! Thank you for coming," Headmaster Audelia says to the crowd. Slowly, the people start to dissipate. I could hear excited and disappointed whispers as the people pass by me. Headmaster Audelia, Vice Fritz, Mircea, and Maliha step off the stage. They stand in front of us. "You may now go and pack or do whatever you need to do. If you don't live nearby and you didn't pack," the Headmaster said that with a smile. I was guessing it happened a lot, "then you can have your family ship it to the school. For those who leave, please be back in an hour. We will head to the Academy when everyone is ready."

I stay where I was. I didn't have anything I needed to do. There was nothing for me to pack, no family to say goodbye to, nothing. I glance over at the dragon. He was just sitting there patiently. As well as the dragon, there was a large golden and black roc, a manticore, and a horse/rooster creature I knew was called a hippalectryon. The only reason I knew about that creature was because I had read as many books about beasts as I could. When I was younger, I had really wanted to be accepted for Beasts Academy. And here I am, I think. I walk a little a ways from everyone else. I peek around, wondering how they expected us to get to the Academy. Half those kids weren't going to get on the beasts. I nod when I see 3 carriages tethered to regular old horses.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise."

I nod at Headmaster Audelia and speed walk over to Gareth. I don't even get a word out because the knights, apprentices and mentors alike, circle around me. They pat me on the back, roughly, and congratulate me, loudly. I can't help but laugh. "Thanks everyone," I say. They move aside as Gareth steps over. He admires my badge. "I saw how hard it was to get rid of your knight badge," he says. "But, you know, we're all very proud of you." Hearing that from my guardian makes me swell with pride and warmth.

"I think... I think everything's going to be alright," I say, nodding. "I'm going to miss everything, though." I look down at the ground. I wouldn't be training with my knight friends or reading and having lessons with Gareth anymore. I hated change. My life was stable now. It hadn't been stable at first. It had taken a little bit for me to get over losing my memories. I hadn't been to sure throwing a new thing in my life would be a good idea. Gareth puts a hand on my shoulder. "I know. You get holidays to visit, though. And I will write as often as I can." I smile at the elf. He hands me the bags we had packed just in case. A few hours ago, I'd been upset that I'd have to pack them. I hadn't thought I would need to pack them.

I say goodbye to my knights, and they wish me luck. Gareth walks with me towards the stage. I was relieved when he decides to stay until we set out for the Academy. I stand next to him and wait for the Headmaster to say we could go. I start to wonder what the school grounds were like. I grin and talk with Gareth about what beast I hoped to get. "You should get one that can fly," he says at one point. I respond by glaring at him.

"And nothing, nothing, would make me break it..."

(Is everyone ready for their characters to go to the Academy?)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 3 January 2020 at 4:10 PM

(woohoo, I was born ready. Can't wait to get to the Academy!)

Yoshi's hard expression broke for a second when the Headmaster mentioned family. Sighing she walked off the stage. She saw marvelous beasts and as well as carriages that she assumed they had to ride. Three carriages, which meant sharing had to be done. "I wonder if I can ride those horses instead," she mumbled to herself. She went back to her corner where she had sat before and picked up an unusually large army backpack. Heaving it on, she headed to a nearby mailing house to send a message.

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 January 2020 at 4:18 PM

Mikel heads down off the stage and heads back to the inn he was staying at to grab his bags. At the inn, he writes a letter to his parents to let them know he's been accepted into the Beasts Academy. He knew his parents would thrilled knowing their son was accepted into the highly prestigious academy. It's just what they wanted, after all.
Mikel drops off the letter before heading back to the carriages.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 January 2020 at 5:39 PM

Felix walks down the stage and away from the dispersing crowd. He didn't have anywhere to go...but it would be better than staying here. Anger swells up inside his chest, for the human boy, the crowd, Mircea...he was just so angry right now. He heads over to a tree and glares at it. Maybe some stress relief would help...he cracks his knuckles and punches it. "Ow! Stupid tree!" Felix cradles his hand, hand stinging from the pain. The tree, on the other hand, looked just fine.

Deleted • 3 January 2020 at 6:36 PM

Alina
Ali wanders over to a hidden spot in a tree and pulls out a small bag with some food in it. Then she grabs a peice of bread, cheese and an apple and walks over to some kids in ragged clothes and hands them the rest. "Here you go." The kids look at the bag nervously and then at each other. "Please, take it. I don't think I'll need it anymore." The kids grab it and run off. Ali bites the apple and walks toward the beasts and carriages not bothering to write a letter, there was no one to write to anymore.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 3 January 2020 at 7:02 PM

Yoshi wrote a quick letter regarding her acceptation into the Beast Academy and the interestingly-weird kids she had to work along side of. The letter was for her trainers back at home-base, the only place she was ever excepted in. Finishing her letter, she sealed it and dropped it in a box for mailing. Sighing, she headed to a nearby fruit market, and used the last bit of money she had with her to buy 2 bananas and her favorite fruit, a sack of apples. Carrying everything she had with her, Yoshi trudged towards the carriages.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 January 2020 at 9:36 PM

(Yup, Aria's ready.)

Aria:
~ I step down the stairs in relief to the solid ground. I look around and immediately shoulder through the crowd to the tavern I'd lived at for the past forever. Lucky me it was close.

1,478 posts

arcana • 3 January 2020 at 10:22 PM

Asteria slipped into a alley shortcut to her temporary home. Eben, was of course thrilled, and made a ten minute speech about how the Beast Academy would be good at bringing her out of her shell. After escaping, Asteria packed two bags. The larger one was half-filled with all her clothes, which wasn't really much. The other half was a lot of books. All technically her books. Her parents hadn't bought much for their home, but they did have a lot of books. The other bag included some food, some trinkets, and a couple necessities and toiletries. She looked at her now empty room and her bags. All her items, her life packed up into two bags. She checked the clock and hurried out of the house, promising to be at least the tiniest bit social. Instead of taking the shortcut, she decided to walk the normal way. Sighing, Asteria trudged to the carriages.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 4 January 2020 at 12:07 AM

Clythia-
To have a purpose again....It was strange. I looked over at the carriages.

Patience-
I rushed home. As I opened the door, I wasn't sure if I wanted my parents to be there. As expected, they wasn't. I slam open my bedroom door, look over the list of items I needed, counted the items, checked again, hastily scribble a note for my parents, think about what else I needed to say to them, write a few more notes, check the items again, drink a cup of tea, refill the bottles, check the items once more, look over the list again, look at the time, grab my bag, drink another cup and start walking back. I did all that while panicking.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 4 January 2020 at 4:20 AM

Luna ran home, she didn’t think she’d need to pack. She piled everything into a case and zipped it.
“Bye mum! Love you mum!”
Her mum asked her where she was going
“Beast Academy duh! I got chosen! Gotta go! Baaiiiii!”
She ran back and stood in the chosen group.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 January 2020 at 1:13 PM

Felix slumps with his back against the tree, and holding a quill in his hand. He had just finished writing a letter to his family, and hopefully he could somehow get it delivered. The sun beats down and the leaves sway gently in the wind. He could feel all his worries evaporating away, carried on the gentle breeze. Standing up, Felix slips the letter in his pocket. He would find a way to deliver it later, but for now, he had to go back.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 January 2020 at 10:39 AM

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I stuck to myself mostly as the hour ticked by. I paid the other Chosen no attention, unless they came close to me. I watched, not impressed, as one of the elves came over and punched the tree I was leaning on. My eyebrows nearly rose when declares his pain and calls the tree stupid. Well, what did he expect? He just punched a tree. It would have been more productive to shoot it with his powers. And to think, our race was supposed to be the intelligent ones. Clearly, that’s not the case for us all, I think dryly. Yeah, honestly, I didn’t mean any of that. I was just nervous and looking for someone to put my somewhat mean thoughts on. It was better a stranger than myself.

Finally, the Headmaster begins to count the Chosen. “Well, it seems most of us are here. Let’s get ready to go. You can put your luggage in the back of the carriage and find a seat,” she says. I push myself up and walk over to the last carriage. I noticed they were labeled Carriage 1, 2, and 3. What creative names. I leap into the carriage and sit pressed against the wall. I need to stop it with all the sarcasm. I look out the window. I hoped most of the kids sat in the other 2 carriages. I didn’t want anyone to stop and talk with me. Hopefully, I looked like an unfriendly enough character that no one would want to talk with me.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise."

I stand with Gareth the whole time and watch the Chosen leave and come back. Most of them had probably gone to their homes or to mail off letters. Headmaster Audelia finally tells us it’s time to start getting ready to leave. I turn to say goodbye to Gareth. He shoves a brown paper bag in my hand. It was large and heavy. Surprised, I peek inside. “What’s in it?” I ask. “A snack for the road, some dinner just in case you don’t like their food, and a few dried herbs for if you get sick. You can make them into a tea.” A slow smile spreads on my face. Of course Gareth would pack me something like this. That was just like him.

“Thanks, Gareth.” I set my paper bag and duffel bag down. I reach out and grab my guardian in a tight hug. For a minute, he seemed shocked, but then he returns my hug. I let go and smile up at my guardian. “Bye, Gareth! I expect those letters!” I grab my bags and run over to the first carriage. I set my duffel bag in the back and then walk to the entrance of the carriage. I scan the area for Luna and wave her over. “Hey, Moon! Come sit over here! I’ve got snacks.” I could have sworn I heard Gareth laugh as I announced having snacks, but when I cast him a quick glance he almost looked sad. Ah, well, I could understand how he felt. While I was more at peace at this, I still had mixed feeling.

”And nothing, nothing, would make me break it…

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 5 January 2020 at 10:46 AM

Luna looked to her side and smiled to see Lal. She picked up her bags and quickly walked to the carriage. She put her things away and sat beside him. She stretched her arms, tired from her rush home. She relaxed in the seat.
“ You know, I feel like I’m dreaming. How is this happening to me?”

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 January 2020 at 11:01 AM

Lalitya

I nod in understanding. “Yeah, I feel that way too. I never thought in a million years this would ever happen to me. I hadn’t even known why I was willing to do it or wanted this to happen.” I tilt my head. “Dreaming, huh? What if we are dreaming and soon we’ll wake up?” I was joking of course, and I made sure Luna knew so by giving her a funny smile. There was no way this could be a dream. It was too realistic. I had some vivid dreams, but this was obviously real life. And besides, people never talked about whether or not they could be dreaming in a dream. It’d never happened to me. Did I wish this could be a dream, though? Maybe. I wasn’t sure. I turn my thoughts back to Luna. “Are you happy about being chosen at least?”

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 5 January 2020 at 11:05 AM

Luna though hard. She wasn’t sure what she actually thought at this point. Everything had changed so fast.
“ Maybe I do want it to be a dream, but if it was a dream, I’d never have actually met you. And, yeah I think I’m happy to be chosen. I can finally escape everyone and everything. I just want a break now I think. Are you happy to be chosen?”

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 January 2020 at 11:45 AM

Felix walks up to the carriages. Which one should he go in? He decides to go with Carriage # 3. He jumps into the carriage and only sees one other person, a elf that was leaning against the tree he punched earlier. He feels his face flush a bit from embarrassment, and takes a position far away from the other elf. It's all the stupid tree's fault.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 January 2020 at 11:53 AM

Yoshi grumbled as she walked to the back of the carriage line. She looked inside carriage #3 and saw two elves. She snarled to herself. Yoshi was about to climb into another carriage when she thought of another idea. She climbed on a nearby tree, crunching on an apple, she fell asleep.

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 January 2020 at 12:04 PM

Mikel looks at all the carriages. #3 had two elves already in it, one of them was the one who got angry at him earlier. He knew to avoid that carriage at all costs. #1 looked empty. Mikel grabs his bags and sticks them in the back of the carriage. He wonders if he should bring a book with him. He decides against it, remembering that all of his books were elf magic books. He'd rather not be seen reading any of those. He heads into the carriage and sits by the window.

1,478 posts

arcana • 5 January 2020 at 12:26 PM

Once Asteria arrives, the carriage are already filling up. She gulps and considers them. Obviously, she couldn't go snooping around in a carriage that she wasn't going to get on, so it would be very random. Praying that she wasn't going to walk into a bad carriage, she slowly entered the first one and sat down, as far away as possible from anyone inside. Asteria kept her head down, and started to read a book about water magic.

Deleted • 5 January 2020 at 12:40 PM

Alina
Ali walked over quietly to one of the carriages and saw the knight she had seen earlier talking to another shy girl. She thought about what the human said about being brave but looked at the beasts. She decided to hover around and have someone else or one of the leaders tell her were to go.

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 January 2020 at 2:26 PM

Mikel notices someone enter the carriage. It was a half-elf girl. It didn't look like she was that interested in talking, which Mikel was thankful for. He glances at the title of the book she was reading. Water magic? The title piqued his interest. He quickly glances away, not wanting to be caught staring.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 January 2020 at 5:10 PM

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I hear someone step into the carriage and turn to see who it was. I barely restrain myself from smirking as I notice it was the elf who'd punch the tree. He seems to recognize me too because his expression changes to that of embarrassment. I watch as he sits himself away as far as he can go. I didn't think he'd be a problem for me. He probably didn't want to and wouldn't talk to me. I turn back to stare outside the window at the beasts. They were all wonderful and amazing.

My attention is stolen again when someone else comes in. At least, they almost come in. I see a half-elf stick her head in and then walk away. My gaze follows her as she climbs a tree. She starts to eat an apple and then falls asleep. Uh... Was someone going to wake her up? I quickly decide not to worry about it. It wasn't any of my business and I really didn't care.

Lalitya

"Hm..." I think about the answer to Luna's question. I had already thought through it before she asked. I'd been thinking about it ever since the badge flew over to me. It was different actually putting it in words, though. "I guess I kind of feel how you feel. I'm happy to have made a new friend," at that I nudge Luna lightly and smile at her, "and I'm excited to be paired with a beast. I heard you get powers after being paired with one. That sounds pretty awesome." I pause and think about my next words. "But, I'm leaving a lot behind, my old friends, my school, my guardian." I peek outside at Gareth. He was still standing there waiting for the carriages to leave. I bring out my apprentice knight badge and rub it. "I'm not sure whether I'm happy about it yet. I guess only time will tell."

"And nothing, nothing, would make me break it..."

(I'm changing Mistral's power to water because I realized we seem to have a lot of wind beasts, but no water beasts. Also, I'm making it so that the Choosing Ceremony happens every 10 years instead of 20. It makes more sense. Maliha and Macea are now in their 30s instead of 50s. Vice Fritz's age is still the same.)

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 5 January 2020 at 6:50 PM

Clythia-
I walk over to the carriages. I looked inside one of them. There was a human and a half-elf. I sit down and open my satchel.

Patience-
There were carriages? God, I need pay more attention to things. I step inside one of the carriages. There was two humans inside. I placed my bag in the back, and sat down.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 January 2020 at 9:13 PM

Felix shifts a bit in his seat. He wanted to stay far away from the elf that saw him before, but he really wanted to catch a glimpse of all of the beasts... He tries to peer over the shoulder of the other elf, but only catches a glimpse of a few blurs. He clears his throat and shifts awkwardly, "Uhh...can you move your shoulder...a bit?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 6 January 2020 at 4:14 AM

Luna smiled “ I thought I’d have to survive here alone, I’m happy to have found you. And, I can’t wait to meet my beast! It’s going to be the strongest most beautiful creature the world has ever seen!” She giggles at the childish sound in her voice. She knew she was getting carried away and she didn’t know Lal that well and she was acting like a giggling fire-year-old. What was wrong with her? She didn’t really care much anyway.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 January 2020 at 4:22 AM

Patience-
I shift in my seat. They haven't noticed yet. But when they do....What are they going to do?! Kick me out?! My hands start shaking. One of them starts gushing about how great their beast was going to be. Oh god, what if they only wanted to tell that to their friend and when they notice me, they'll have a grudge against me and hate me and-

Deleted • 6 January 2020 at 12:08 PM

Alina
She walks into one were a girl that had looked nervous was fantasizing about her beast to the knight. Ali smiled to herself at least one of the nervous ones was feeling better. She sit down next to a window hoping not to draw much attention to herself. She smiled gently at a nervous girl and handed her a piece of cheese "Would you like something to chew on? It sometimes helps me to be somewhat busy when I'm nervous."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 January 2020 at 4:34 PM

Aria:
~ I listen to the headmaster, then grab my bag of clothes and belongings. I hurry to the carriage. I didn't want to miss it. I poke my head inside and look at all the strangers. I take a deep breath, then get in.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 January 2020 at 5:24 PM

Patience-
I blink. Was-Was this person trying to help me? "U-Um, no t-thank you, I prefer t-tea." I twitch. I take out a bottle and a cup.