The Beasts Academy Roleplay

in Roleplaying

1,327 posts

bgunny • 6 January 2020 at 9:53 PM

@skymoare
I'm about to make a post, but would you like Maliha or one of the others to wake Yoshino up (if that's the case, you can control them)? They're going to set off in my next post.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 6 January 2020 at 10:21 PM

@bgunny

(sorry that's a good idea XD. Sorry about that will do)

Yoshi felt herself roll around in her nap, and the next thing she knew, she had fallen to the ground with a Thump!. "Ow," she mumbled as she stood. The headmaster, vice and the others looked as if they were ready to leave. "Shoot," she grumbled. Grabbing her bags she boarded carriage #2.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 6 January 2020 at 10:25 PM

(It's alright!)

Agnimitra

“What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I slowly turn to stare at the elf. I liked how uncomfortable I was making him. I stare at him for a few seconds. If I was mean or in a mood to tease, I’d take this to a farther level and not move, just stare at him. Or I’d ask him to repeat his question. I wasn’t in the mood to do either of those actions, though. I wordlessly move aside and let him get a better view outside. I understood wanting to see the beasts. I’d been staring infatuated at them the whole time in the carriage, and I’d come across them a couple times. I hadn’t been close to them or anything. This was the closest I’d ever been to them, which was probably why I was still so amazed.

My gaze doesn’t move from the beasts as I hear Headmaster Audelia call from outside. “We’re going to set out now. The time is 2 currently and the trip will take 2 hours. Maliha and Macea will be flying on their beasts ahead. If you need anything, shout out to them.” The carriage jolts forward as the horses begin to move. I watch as the Headmaster, Vice, Macea, and Maliha all walk over to the beasts. They each climb onto their beasts: Headmaster Audelia on her dragon, Vice Fritz on the Roc, Maliha on the hippalectryon, and Macea on the manticore. The Headmaster and Vice begin to fly away. The elf and half-elf fly up into the sky, but stay at pace with the carriages.

I sit back. We were finally on the way there. As the carriages pull out of the capital, I felt myself relax more. I finally reach up and take off my hoodie. There was no reason to hide what I looked like anymore. There was no chance any of my parents ‘friends’ could find me now. I slip off a little knapsack of the small amount of stuff I’d taken when I’d run away. It had a few books, change of clothes, some money – there wasn’t much left of that anymore – and a water bottle. I take out one of the books and begin to read.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise."

I grin at Luna’s happiness. “I’m sure they will be,” I say, laughing. “But, hey, but don’t count mine out! I’m sure mine will be great too!” That would be true as long as it couldn’t fly. I peek over at the two new people in the room. One of them was a nervous looking elf. The other was a human who was offering the elf food. I offer them both a smile and then turn back to Luna. “Is there anything you want or don’t want in a beast?” I ask. “For me, I really don’t want it to be able to fly, and I’d like it to have either darkness or fire powers. Other than that, I don’t care as long as they’re nice.”

I listen to the Headmaster speak and watch as they all go to their beasts. The carriages start to roll along. “Oh! It looks like we’re going.” I realize that Gareth was probably outside. “Um, hold on a second before answering my question,” I say. I lean out my window and wave to Gareth. “Bye, Gareth!” I shout. He smiles and waves back. I stare at him for a while longer before settling myself back down and look over at Luna. I wait for her to reply and try not to peek out the window again. I didn’t want to see Gareth and my home get smaller and smaller.

"And nothing, nothing, would make me break it..."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 January 2020 at 10:29 PM

Patience-
She smiled at me! Oh thank god! I pour out some tea, my hand trembling. I close the bottle and put it away. The carriage begins to move. "Gah!" I covered my mouth with my hand.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 January 2020 at 10:40 PM

Aria:
~ I see a person in my carriage take off her hood and I give her a little wave.

1,478 posts

arcana • 6 January 2020 at 10:44 PM

(Is anyone else in Carriage 1 besides Asteria and Mikel?)
As the carriage began to move, Asteria get jostled from her book and actually starts to look around. She couldn't read the whole time or it would give her a headache. Her gaze lands on a boy in the carriage, but she quickly looked away. She didn't want to talk, and eye contact led to talking. Instead, she tried looking for the beasts. She hadn't really thought about which one she wanted, although she couldn't see herself with one. She sighed quietly and fingered a page in her book.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 January 2020 at 10:45 PM

(Yeah, Clythia is)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 6 January 2020 at 10:50 PM

I’ll give a quick list of who I think are in the different carriages to avoid any confusion.

Carriage #1
Asteria, Clythia, and Mikel

Carriage #2
Alina, Lalitya, Luna, and Patience, and Yoshino

Carriage #3
Agnimitra, Aria, and Felix

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 January 2020 at 10:57 PM

(Yup you got Aria's one right.)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 6 January 2020 at 10:59 PM

(ah that is so helpful, almost got confused there XD)

Yoshi was in such a hurry to board the carriages she didn't realize that there were already people in the carriage. She grumbled to herself at her luck. Human, human, human, and an elf. Oh her luck was great. Yoshi turned her attention to the windows, the puffy clouds floating past the carriages. She loved flying, being in the skies in general. I hope my beast can fly. she thought to herself. Pulling out another apple, she started chomping noisily on the fruit.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 January 2020 at 11:02 PM

Patience-
The half-elf who was now eating noisily and exerting bad energy, was looking out the window. I drink my tea, hoping it clouds my senses a bit. It didn't.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 January 2020 at 3:02 AM

Luna looked out of the window as she thought. She was gone now, no turning back. How long would it be until she could she her family again? She turned to Lal
“Yeah, I want mine to fly. I’ve always wanted to fly, just think about it. I don’t know what else though. I guess I don’t really mind, as long as we get along.”

Deleted • 7 January 2020 at 7:29 AM

Alina
"Are you ok?" Ali asks gently. She could feel them lift into the air and wanted so badly to look out into the sky but she kept her attention to the nervous girl she was talking to.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 7 January 2020 at 3:24 PM

Felix sighs in relief as the elf looks away and reads her book. He stares wide eyed at the beasts flying outside the carriages. The carriage starts to move and Felix stumbles a bit and steadies himself. His cheeks turn a bit red and he looks around to see if anyone was watching. Other than the elf, there was only a half elf sitting with them.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 January 2020 at 5:49 PM

Clythia-
I notice the guy looking at me. "Hello!" I smile.

Patience-
"Y-Yeah." The human in front of me looked like she wanted to do something else. God, why do I attract so much attention?!

Deleted • 7 January 2020 at 7:19 PM

Alina
"What are you excited about?" Ali asked the girl. "I mean 'what are you excited about for the Academy?'"

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 January 2020 at 7:26 PM

Patience-
"E-Excited?! Oh god, everything is just s-so stressful! T-There's so many things t-that could happen, l-like-" Patience looks at the girl. "Oh god! I-I'm so s-sorry, I j-just tend to r-ramble on." Oh god, she probably hates me now.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 7 January 2020 at 7:29 PM

Yoshi growled softly to all the chattering in the carriage, being social was not her thing. Being ignored on the other hand, was every day. I can't believe I'm stuck with them... she thought to herself. Slouching a bit, she tried to ignore all the nervous talking and fall asleep.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 January 2020 at 7:32 PM

Patience-
Why does that half-elf girl have to be so negative all the time?! At this rate, I'm going to have a migraine!

Deleted • 7 January 2020 at 8:49 PM

Alina
"That's okay I ramble too sometimes." She chuckled lightly. "You're right it is stressful and scary, but sometimes it's good to try to focus on the good. You cant have day without night... you know? Here I'll go first. I dont care a whole bunch on what my beast looks like, but I do want to get along and if and when I ride them I want to feel like I'm flying. Theres a kind of freedom in flying and running and swimming... at least to me all my worries just, disappear." She closes her eyes and smiles then opens them looking at the sky and then back at the girl. "I'm sorry I forgot to ask your name. I'm Alina but you can call me Ali."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 January 2020 at 8:56 PM

Patience-
"O-Oh. M-My name's Patience." I blink. I look down. "It's j-just...I just can't focus on t-the good. I just get overw-whelmed by e-everything. I get scared about the l-littlest things, and I-I can't help it."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 7 January 2020 at 10:04 PM

(When most everyone is ready, I’ll do a time skip to them arriving at the Academy. Is everyone ready now or do you want a little longer to post and interact?)

Lalitya

“Gee, you’re brave. I don’t like heights or falling,” I say. “Just be careful up there in the sky. I…” I frown and trail off. I was about to tell her why I was scared of falling and heights, but… Didn’t I do this before? “I…” I shake my head. I wasn’t as phased by these déjà vu moments as I used to be. They happened often. I just learned to push them away. I lean over and grab my bag. “I have snacks if you want any.” I smile at Luna and begin pulling out the food Gareth packed. They were all my favorites. There were some dried and fresh fruits and a few cookies Gareth made that I loved. “The cookies are really good.”

1,478 posts

arcana • 7 January 2020 at 10:05 PM

(I'm fine skipping to the Academy. I doubt Asteria is really going to do anything else.)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 7 January 2020 at 10:22 PM

(sure I don't mind, besides Yoshi will just continue asserting negative energy XD)

Deleted • 7 January 2020 at 10:32 PM

(I'm good with skipping to the Academy too.)
Alina
Ali nods and looks down. "Trust me I totally get it. It's hard for me to do too." She pauses and glances at the window and it almost sounds like shes talking to herself. "But you're here aren't you? That takes a lot of bravery."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 January 2020 at 10:34 PM

Patience-
I stare at Alina. I look at myself. "Y-You're right."

(I'm fine with skipping)

1,467 posts

robinn • 7 January 2020 at 11:39 PM

(I'm fine with that too)

Mikel ignores the others in his carriage and stares out the window.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 January 2020 at 2:31 AM

(Same 😸 )
Luna sighed
“Cookies?”
Her eyes widened. She loved cookies.
“Who’s Gareth? The person you were talking to earlier?”

Deleted • 8 January 2020 at 9:23 AM

Alina
Ali straitened and smiled a little. "I'm only asking because thats what helps me. If you just want to think of one thing that helps to."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 January 2020 at 11:14 AM

(Okay, we'll do that then.)

Lalitya

"Yeah, here," I say. I hand Luna two of the cookies and grab one for myself. I then wrap them back up and put them in the bag. "Gareth made them." I nod when she asked her question about Gareth. "Yep! He's my guardian. I live...d with him." I eat my cookie and look out the window. I wondered when we would arrive at the academy. It was probably a long while yet.

Two hours later

Agnimitra

The whole way to the Academy, I had sit in my little corner of the carriage and stayed silent. I didn't talk to the elf or the half-elf. When the half-elf had waved at me, I'd only glanced up at her before continuing reading. Two hours later, I heard Maliha call from outside on her beast. "We're arriving there now!" She points excitedly. Trying not to seem too excited myself, I lean out of the window and see the Academy grounds. I could see a crowd of people outside the main building. They ranged from their 20s to their 60s. They were all Chosen as well.

The carriages pull up in front of them. Maliha and Mircea swing off their beasts and open the carriage doors for us. I step out and the crowd starts clapping. "Welcome!" I hear a couple of them say. I fight the urge to put my hoodie back on. There were a lot of people here. I was guessing there were at least 5 different groups of Chosen. I also saw some people without badges. Staff, I assumed. I freeze in excitement and awe when I see the beasts. They were by the side of their human/elf/half elf pair. There were so many of them!

The school/main building was huge, even though there was only ever one group training at one time. The reason was the school building was also used as a headquarters for the different groups. They held meetings there and everything. I could feel myself getting a little overwhelmed. There was a lot going on and a lot of new sights. I see the Headmaster and Vice push to the front of the group. She steps towards us. "Welcome to the Academy grounds and your new home! Grab your things, and we'll take you to your dorm so you can settle and unpack. I'm sure you must all be tired from your trip." The thought of going to a nice quiet dorm calmed me, and I silently hurried all the other Chosen to grab their bags. I wanted to get away from the crowd as soon as possible.