Helping 'questers' & Personal Processed Logs

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you agree with: (Version 2) (Multiple answers allowed.)

Deleted • 17 April 2020 at 4:26 AM

1. Quests
When questing, we required a wide variety of items to complete said quests. There are 8 'NPC Shops'. To help users, an amount could be shown on the items sold. For example,

( picture )
Bubble Magic
3 in stock
1,228 EC
You own/have 2 (excluding locked items)

This would be immensely useful for Leila Library, where there's a lot of
'How to Train Your ----'. And to stop me from buying out the stores at times.

2. Personal Processed Logs
Secondly, would be to implement something similar to 'Processed Logs' from Auctions. The logs in the 'Trade Center', 'Transfer Requests' and 'Item Shops' are personal as they are seen by the two parties involved only. So, you could see what was last transferred/traded/sold (creatures or items) in the last few days!
Like https://eggcave.com/auctions/logs.

Also, in the Auction's Processed Logs, a personal page could be set up too. What you won (items and creatures) and the amount you paid as a permanent record.

Any other suggestions on how to improve or simplify this issue?

Pings: @lunacharm1037 @megamisama90 @mairbear @lexicon @catpeejasmine @inarivixen @galaxyleopard @nut @jenlou @say

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 17 April 2020 at 4:28 AM

@playermocha345
Oh yes! For the first one, I sit here with two tabs and go through the user shops checking if I’ve got the item in the shop, and it takes at least 10 minutes per shop and I only ever get 5 or so items out of it! Aghhhh

735 posts

nut • 17 April 2020 at 1:02 PM

@playermocha345 I def agree! I do the same as @galaxyleopard in searching the shops+ my strongroom to see if I have the item. p inconvenient

Female
2,207 posts

thedarkarcher • 17 April 2020 at 2:02 PM

I think a log in what have been sold from your shop is really needed. I also agree with the first one. Maybe adding a quicker buy system from peoples shop would be helpful. For example you need a toy and it says how many toys are available in others shops so you can easily buy them.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 17 April 2020 at 7:11 PM

@playermocha
I like the first idea and it would be nice to see what’s sold from your shop

19 posts

jenlou • 17 April 2020 at 7:53 PM

I agree It would make questing a lot more easier to see how much of an item you already own when shopping for items !

I'd like to be able to see what I traded too ! ^^

Deleted • 17 April 2020 at 11:31 PM

@galaxyleopard @nut
Thanks for the input, guys. I agree that it's annoying to scroll through strongroom while buying stuff. In the end, I just pick and choose blindly when I get lazy, especially the new items of 2020.

@thedarkarcher I like your idea, I'll place it in my suggestion. But in summary, you mean that a log of items bought from the 'User's Shop' should be implemented. That I understand, but the other idea is to..
-have a list in the 'Search' bar on the number of items that from 'Leila Library', 'Finley Flavors', 'Travel Agency' and etc? ( I don't quite get myself on this one)
-have a list beneath the Shop Text stating the number of items from the (normal) 'Shops'?

For example:
Leila Library (8), Finley Flavor (5), Travel Agency (15), Trinket Travels (2).
The question is where to place this at.

@lunacharm1037 @jenlou Thanks guys!

Other pings: @aloe @arcana @kalessin @chihiro_sang @cheetah @subie @originalusername @calenlass @ladamegrise

322 posts

chihiro_sang • 17 April 2020 at 11:41 PM

Both the buyer system and item on hand counter would be helpful.

1,478 posts

arcana • 17 April 2020 at 11:43 PM

@playermocha345
I think I understand what you're trying to say, and if it means what I think it does, I support this! It's just a teeny hassle, but I'd love for it to be easier!

65 posts

cheetah • 17 April 2020 at 11:47 PM

@playermocha345 I really, really like the idea of how many you own of an item showing up in shops. It would encourage me to buy a lot more because I'd get to watch the ratio of items I own/don't own from each shop change, and that would be really satisfying. Game design 101: reward systems!

I think the format "You own/have #" would be a better way to phrase it than "In Strongroom/Inventory" though, because there aren't many other places items could be, haha. Also, Flight Rising has similar wording in its Marketplace (the number it showed you used to be really inaccurate though, I dunno if they fixed it yet).

For items in your shop and items currently part of a trade/auction, I think they should be excluded from the count. That would make the most sense to me, seeing as they can't be used in quests or anything if they're locked.

Deleted • 17 April 2020 at 11:55 PM

@chihiro_sang Thanks! 😊
@arcana It would make things more convenient.

@cheetah Speaking of reward systems: I play this game, and sometimes they give monthly log-in gifts. Say, the month of July, if you log in for 15 days, you can get some stuff. Or, you accomplish a task during events. But, they have events frequently but EC doesn't so accomplish a random task, they you may get a prize. (This idea may not be so applicable to the site, but still it's a idea.
And I like your feedback, I'll change the wording. It's kind of a mouthful. Didn't think of the locked items.. I'll add that in.

65 posts

cheetah • 18 April 2020 at 12:32 AM

@playermocha345 Reward systems are fantastic. Compared to some other games I play, I think Eggcave could use a lot more of them. There are just so many fun ways to go about it. One idea, which someone in another topic about fixing the click exchange suggested, was random quest items upon clicks--not sure how that would be best implemented, but I really like the concept. One thing that Neopets did well (past-tense since I no longer play and don't know what the site is like these days) was provide lots of reward systems in the form of "dailies" (like the Giant Omelet and Lab Ray) and an abundance of random events and locations that had a chance to give away free things of varying value. And these free things weren't just consumable items, they also came in the form of little odds and ends that embellished your account, like trophies on your profile, avatars, quests, etc. The possibilities are quite endless. Now, I'm not suggesting Eggcave scramble to emulate every feature on Neopets, because I feel like I saw that happen to a degree on Furvilla a while back and it didn't go very well (lots of ambitious features rolled out with insufficient planning = angry mobs, pitchforks, and hasty solutions with a similar lack of planning), but some more thoughtful, interesting odds and ends could really spice things up. Not to say we don't have anything like that, but the Thief Shop, Oasis, and Asteroid could use some buddies to pick up the slack when they're being particularly stingy with their gifts lol

45 posts

mirror • 18 April 2020 at 1:28 AM

@playermocha345,

I'm pretty sure other users have already said this but I think that knowing what you have sold from your shop is a really good idea cause I wanna keep track of the products and what people are more interested in.

Loving your ideas!

Deleted • 18 April 2020 at 4:34 AM

@cheetah Would you like to open a new site idea forum topic for your suggestion of a reward system? Something fun, yet doesn't overwhelm or overcomplicate stuff on EC. What I got from what you wrote was:
1. Quests items randomly gifted when you use the 'Click Exchange'
(This encourages people to use it more, to get items. What happens when your inventory is full?)

2. Random embellishments like profile stickers and banner pets (from chickensmoothie) will be given.
(I think this idea would be better for events, where you exchange points/items for these small features. How would this work??)

Lastly, what do you think of thedarkarcher's idea? It was to have User Shops state how many items from Leila Library are in the User's Shop. But where would it be most efficient? In the Search bar or the Personal User Shop?

For example:
Leila Library (8), Finley Flavor (5), Travel Agency (15), Trinket Travels (2).
The question is where to place this at.

@mirror Thanks for the support. β™‘
Other pings: (sorry guys, I'm just taking your usernames from the Top 50 Monthly Questers.) @qtpie7 @hiddingwjay @duckhunter @applegranny @smailly @gabbyana @yogurt @cloudslay3r @aedia @minnie298a

Female
2,207 posts

thedarkarcher • 18 April 2020 at 8:43 AM

@playermocha345 ah sorry for th uncarity. Basically a list of items that are needed for quests that are available from other user shops. It could be implemented so the item can be bought from the quest page instead of having to search each item in the user shops.

For example
'Item'available from:
@user1 1000ec Buy
@User2 6000ec Buy
@user3 9000ec. Buy

Deleted • 18 April 2020 at 9:46 AM

@thedarkarcher That is a nice idea. It would make things quick but what's to prevent another user from buying it up? Because there might be multiple quests with the same items.

@cheetah, Do you think this would work?

65 posts

cheetah • 18 April 2020 at 8:51 PM

@playermocha345
@thedarkarcher
edit: It sounds like you're describing a feature we already have right here: https://eggcave.com/usershops/search
Try typing in "garast plushie" and hitting search as an example. It shows you the cheapest items with that in their name from user shops. It also tells you how many results there are in total, even if they don't all fit on the page. If you need a specific item for a quest, just copy the name of that item from the quest page and hit search.

If I find the time, I think a thread of ideas for "Dailies" and mini events and things like that would be a great idea, and I'm down to make one. πŸ˜ƒ

None of my ideas are fully fleshed out yet, they're just things I thought up for examples, but if you're interested in specific ideas of course I'll answer some questions. 😱

1. A full inventory would just mean you wouldn't receive anything, or would receive a red bar message letting you know "hey, you WOULD'VE gotten one of those random gifts just now, but your inventory is full, so clear it out if you want free stuff" lol

2. There are almost infinite ways this would work, but they'd have to be implemented very thoughtfully. For a limited or time-consuming event, you wouldn't want to give out anything that drastically affects gameplay or profile appearance. You'd want to give out something that people will want, but won't feel like they've permanently messed up their account if they miss out on. So sticking to creatures and items as limited edition event rewards is not a bad idea IMO. People are comfortable with those things retiring, and they're tradeable.

But something like, unlocking a new color you can use in eCode might make a nifty little addition to something bigger. Seasonal or nonretiring would prob be best. Maybe if you complete some puzzles they unlock colors. Dunno. Like I said, tons of ways to implement. Or maybe new Star colors. These are small aesthetic changes that aren't a huge deal if someone doesn't have, but some people will still have fun collecting. I know I'd find some "hidden" Star colors extremely cool, almost better than a simple expansion of the color choices we have.

That's what I mean by embellishments. Fun little ways to further personalize your cove or have a novel experience, like discover a little lore snippet to read, or just find a weird hidden page where a Yeep stares at you (and then some humorous Yeep item spawns in your inventory, once per account). I have lots of dumb ideas like this lol I'll ping you if I make a thread of em

3. Re: the last idea you mentioned -- what exactly would be the benefit of this? I don't see this as really necessary, or even logical, since items can come from a bunch of other places that aren't the "main" shops (events, for example). Quests require extremely specific items, and the shop search feature takes you directly to where that item is on the page. I don't think the layout of user shops really needs anything extra, aside from possibly a number counter showing how much of an item you currently own (like in the site shops).

Deleted • 18 April 2020 at 10:33 PM

@cheetah I guess it's just to encourage people to use the Click Exchange more. I like those small features, but how to make it fair? Yet fun. I mean, EC already has the month of December where everyday we get to visit the tree, what was it called again. Advent Tree to collect prizes..

Also, I think @thedarkacher wants to see those options on the quest page itself. Instead of searching through the search bar. But it would defeat the point of having a 'Search' bar.

65 posts

cheetah • 19 April 2020 at 12:39 AM

@playermocha345
I haven't been back from hiatus long enough to get to try out the Advent Tree yet, but it sounds like a fun, successful feature, and I look forward to it. 😊

I'm not entirely clear on what their original suggestion would entail in the first place or what its benefit would be, so I'm gonna leave my feedback where it's at for now. I don't think the information that the user shop search can get you needs to be in multiple places on the site.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 28 April 2020 at 6:33 AM

Bump, we really need this!!