Creature Suggestion - Buan - Perhaps Spring/Easter?

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 1 December 2021 at 8:31 AM

Art: https://www.deviantart.com/idusiek/art/Buan-899491908

Description:

Egg: As you walk closer to the Egg you get the impression that the creature inside can hear your every move... The tip of the egg seems to be following every sound, resembling the tip of a moving ear.

Creature: Buans are know to have supreme hearing, it is considered by the SARC that it might be the most sensitive among all the creatures on Ark. Although their hearing has been studied several times, the SARC are still not sure why this species has developed such exquisite senses. Buans however have been known to help in finding avalache and earthquake survivors, as they can hear people and other creatures burried even up to several hundred meters under ground.
Furthermore, Buans are also one of the fastest runners on Ark, but their speed increases as they mature. Their legs elongate as the creature grows. Buans have tails longer that any other rabbit species, they need it to keep balance as they run.

Buans become more active in the spring, especially around Easter. They are known to help in delivering easter eggs to far and remote areas of Ark. Their exteme speed and high constitution assure that every single egg is going to be delivered on time.

Pings:

@snowywinter
@iia
@raindrops
@lady_dreamwyn
@dreamworld
@mindassala

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 1 December 2021 at 8:35 AM

@ida92
Ty for the ping. I love love love ur description!! I hope you can win this one! Good luck to u. 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2021 at 8:48 AM

@ida92 This is a fun description! (and nice artwork to go along with it!)

Only thing I'm craving is something more about the evolution of their long ears. Like maybe something to do with tunnel systems. Or if they are a communal species for locating other members; but if solo, avoiding predators... or deadlines ; )

Gotta love my Pooka cousins. ('Guardians of Childhood' reference.)

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 1 December 2021 at 9:33 AM

@raindrops thank you 😊

@snowywinter I have been thinking on adding more detailed description of their hearing, but I just could't come up with anything that would seem "good enough" to me πŸ˜ƒ So I left it as it is, I might change it later though. 😊

A few more pings:
@thedarkarcher
@lykhaos17
@captaincookies

Female
35 posts

ida92side • 3 December 2021 at 4:27 AM

Adding a few pings to bump this suggestion ^^
@singasong99
@newlife
@nitch
@megamisama90
@thursdays_dove

Female
325 posts

megamisama90 • 3 December 2021 at 10:14 AM

@ida92 I was imagining something totally different until I read it's a rabbit xD and then I thought that it has like really, really long legs. Not exactly what the art shows ^^ Very nice creature!

Pings:
@anzica
@amberwater

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 3 December 2021 at 11:27 AM

@megamisama90 yeah, the adult resembles a hare and that is actually the animal which I was inspired by. ^^ The legs are a little bit longer on my original art, but I don't have a scanner at home so I had to take the photo with my phone and I believe the angle must have had an influenece here xD

@lexicon
@izziedragon
@wolflord

Female
1,692 posts

lexicon • 3 December 2021 at 11:59 AM

@ida92 thanks for sharing your beautiful creature suggestion! ❀️ it reminds me a little bit of the hyaden but i wish there was a little bit more *spice* to it lol. an elongated hare is p cool though and i love the description! great job overall!

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 3 December 2021 at 12:36 PM

@ida92 @lexicon I agree! The design is good. Some could argue it might be a bit tame but if you take a look at say the Foo it's pretty much a standard fox but a fan favorite. And I kinda like playing off a hare design rather than the standard cute bunny.

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 4 December 2021 at 11:17 AM

@lexicon @izziedragon Thank you! It was intentional of me to keep the design simple - a lot of creatures today have a lot of details, eccessories, etc and I just feel I would like to see a simply designed creature every now and then. 😊

A few more pings ^^

@frankenstein
@rowyn
@quinoafuntime
@calwyn
@snowwall

84 posts

quinoafuntime • 4 December 2021 at 11:36 AM

@ida92 The first stage is precious ❀️ thanks for the ping 😊

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 4 December 2021 at 12:50 PM

@quinoafuntime I'm glad you like it, thank you. ❀️

Female
325 posts

megamisama90 • 4 December 2021 at 2:27 PM

@ida92 or then I'm not good at knowing how long legs rabbits really have xD

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 4 December 2021 at 3:07 PM

The description is really nice, I love it! The art's nice too

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 4 December 2021 at 5:44 PM

@ida92 The design’s great, maybe if you added a little more detail I’d like it better! Great job!

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 5 December 2021 at 2:00 AM

@megamisama90 ❀️

@amberwater Thank you!

@singasong99 I actually intended to keep this one simple. ^^ Thank you. 😊

@jadeikamono
@tetra
@umbregrl

Female
441 posts

tetra • 5 December 2021 at 3:11 AM

@ida92
I like it! Very nice work and a great description. I appreciate the different poses and like the simplicity, would be really good monthly during Spring!

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 6 December 2021 at 2:13 PM

@tetra thank you ❀️

@tryvegan4theanimals
@trinityreverie
@ahgirltc
@chaotic

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 6 December 2021 at 2:17 PM

@ida92 I agree with @quinoafuntime, I would definitely want a stage one Buan 😍

10 posts

trinityreverie • 6 December 2021 at 3:01 PM

Very cute!

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 10 December 2021 at 1:34 PM

@trinityreverie @tryvegan4theanimals thank you both very much ❀️

@chaoschild
@shirothekittehlover
@viltuvitrast

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 December 2021 at 4:47 PM

@ida92 Thanks for the ping! Okay first, this creature art is ADORABLE! I want one- And second, awesomely done! This should be a thing.

Female
890 posts

shirothekittehlover • 10 December 2021 at 8:49 PM

@ida92
Thx for the ping!
I love that the design is simple, yet still says different from regular rabbits 😊

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 12 December 2021 at 3:24 AM

@chaoschild @shirothekittehlover thank you both ❀️ I really appreciate that you likevit and that you took your time to take a look. ^^

Deleted • 12 December 2021 at 8:36 PM

@ida92 awe that so cute

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 13 December 2021 at 2:59 PM

@dreamworld thank you ^^

@sparklefox
@hinokazes
@namyna
@mithmel

Female
584 posts

hinokazes • 13 December 2021 at 3:28 PM

@ida92

The pet is basic, but that's not a bad thing. Sometimes it's best to keep a simple design than adding too many details and making the art too "heavy" and impossible to understand what's going on, especially with the fact that the pets on this website have small images (seriously there's one of the lab pets that I can't even understand what the head is, despite looking really cool for me and being one of the pets I want). And, welp, why always have very detailed pets, anyway ? Simple works too, it's cool to see a lot of diversity in teh art and pets ^^
I read you thought of a hare for the body, tbh I thought the rabbit wast turning into a dog especially because of stage 4 :'D

My only complain is the egg colors. I can't understand why such a choice of color, I can't see all of them on the buan body. Wouldn't be the first egg I don't understand tbf :v
Also, if the hears are a very important part of the creature, it could have been an egg with hears lol

Other than that, I see nothing wrong with your pet, would be nice to have a couple in my cove 😊

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 17 December 2021 at 1:22 PM

@hinokazes thank you for the constructive comment. 😊 I wanted to keep the creature simple and the colours on the egg are actually on the creature, but in much lighter shades. 😊 The top of the egg is black like the tipns of the creature's aers. It was supposed to resemple a simply pinted Easter egg. πŸ˜ƒ

A few more pings ^^
@zacian
@flaming_vixen
@mishababy

102 posts

mishababy • 17 December 2021 at 10:06 PM

Thank you for the ping! I love this entire concept, and these guys are super cute! ^.^ The only thing I can think of to add is that you may want to put a bit more muscle on the legs. These guys are athletes, and they would have a bit more muscle mass on their legs to make that renowned speed possible. I love that you've managed to portray that their legs are growing more as they age than the rest of their body! You really did a great job with doing that subtlety yet noticeably. I cannot think of anything else to suggest. You did a very good job here. I hope to see these in the Cave someday! Keep up the wonderful work! Happy holidays! ^.^ β™₯

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 26 December 2021 at 3:25 AM

@mishababy Aaa, thank you for the very nice comment! ❀️ And you did a very good suggestion about the muscles! If I get some time, I may try to update the drawings a bit. ^^