💸 EC to CC Conversion Terminal

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 6 January 2022 at 11:05 AM

I have been playing on Eggcave since 2013, and throughout the years, I just feel like more and more of the site is CC related or requiring. With the site *primarily* being aimed at kids, I don't think its the best that the site is starting to revolve around a money-obtained currency.
Don't get me wrong, I love the re-releases we've been having, and I don't want the site to get rid of it! Instead, I propose that there be a terminal to convert EC (🪙 ) to CC (💵 ).

But that would crash the economy of Egg Cave!!!
Hold on there buddy. I don't want this terminal to be a free for all. The site still needs revenue, I get that. And it will.
With this terminal you can only obtain a maximum of 500cc a month. That is enough to afford 1 CSP monthly. Not a re-release or both monthlies for each month. This is enough to where someone can still get use of buying CC each month, but still has a drive for purchase/trade of more CC.

OK, well how much would it cost to convert?
I was thinking a base price of 5 million EC would work as that was the old stable conversion rate.
(This could be subject to change if this terminal starts kicking values outta whack)

How would this effect trading?
Anything that can potentially effect the market of trading and values is a bit daunting to implement. There's no true way to make everyone happy about a decision.
My best guess is that with this idea implemented, people could stockpile CC each month to get up to a high enough value to buy creatures they love in the TC. Because of the ability to get 1000cc per say (if 500cc is the set value) in 2 months, maybe CC values of creatures would go up a bit faster. EC would likely be more tradeable than it is now.
Its hard to say how it would go to be honest, I can only speculate.

Do you have any concerns about this idea yourself?
Of course I do! As I said in the section above, this can and will effect the market of trading and values. As someone who tries to only trade and sell creatures this would definitely effect how things are done, I'm sure.
Aside from that point, mods would probably have a real time and a half with some users out there inevitably trying to purchase CC from side accounts & the increase use of bots.
(I can only imagine there'd likely be the giving of CC amidst friends/family/etc that would look kinda questionable as well)

So there you have it!
To reiterate again, I believe the site could use a EC (🪙 ) to CC (💵 ) Terminal in the cash shop that allows users to buy a maximum of 500cc per month via 5,000,000ec minimum.

Thanks for reading and please tell me your thoughts!
To help spread the word please ping your friends!!
- @Prairie

Ping:
@Ian

EDIT (2/12)
Here's a Possible other Idea
Unfortunately I see that some people don't enjoy activities such as the VEND (which half of that is that not a ton of users want the creatures in the vend). It takes tons of time and EC with a chance of getting one creature they like out of a pool of others they might not. However, perhaps if there was a added CC prize pool or a token exchange there - that would encourage more Questing as well as provide CC. That Prize pool could only be redeemed once per month as well.
Basically - its the same idea behind this EC to CC conversion but with questing so more time and effort has to go into it. It drives the need for EC gathering since people need EC to buy items, gives users who are active/using the site CC and also increases Questing.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 6 January 2022 at 11:06 AM

Also, this isn't the first time such a thing was proposed, though it has been awhile.
Back in 2010, when the Rhinedorf was being released to public in the cashshop as the first purchasable creature, many users where concerned about creatures costing money.

Ian had responded to these concerns back then on this blog post with:
"EC can be converted into cash to be used at the cash shop... Egg Cave will ALWAYS BE FREE 😃"

This is certainly not implemented today, but my guess is that back then, income was needed more to support the site with it not having its own revenue and CSPs weren't as prominent. But now, I think its high time we create such a feature.
As stated earlier, this feature will not cut funds completely from EggCave so this shouldn't be a big concern. With 2 CSPs and 2-3 re-releases each month there is still plenty of reason for people to want to buy CC themselves.

EDIT (1/19/2022) Cause I forgot to include this cause I forgot the topic was a thing

YES, a topic about possible EC to CC conversion was made before in April 2021 by a separate user; however, this topic did not have the concept of such a terminal having a limit which is crucial for the terminal to be implemented without causing too much chaos in the value of CC.
@Ian eventually responded to this topic saying a terminal couldn't be implamented with this plan (I agree, a terminal needs a hard set limit each month) Here I'll respond to some of the concerns and options he offered:

"We feel that allowing an Egg Coins to CaveCash direct conversion disincentivizes the purchase of CaveCash, which is vital to supporting the site. It could also incentivize and lead to a rise in bot abuse, specifically with feeding creatures and dilute the current value of CaveCash. If the conversion were set too low, the value of CaveCash plummets. If the conversion were set too high, users would scoff at it saying, 'Pffft, what's the point anyway?'"
Because this terminal I'm suggesting has a set limit of maximum 500cc per month, players still have insentive to buy CC to afford other CSP monthlies and Re-releases, so that should not be an issue. On the rise of bot abuse, that is certainly a concern, same with side accounts. However I do think that with a set limit you'll find that it would be less so botting than you'd see with a no-limit terminal. I suspect we will see more creatures and items being sold for EC though.

"One possible thing that I've been thinking of lately is overhauling and redoing the daily sign in reward that is essentially the number of days you've been signed in * 100 EC. Although the EC is nice, it's kind of boring. What if daily sign in rewards contained more than just Egg Coins--like maybe items occasionally--and what if it wasn't based on a back-to-back streak but just a cumulative count?
Here's the idea... imagine you played Egg Cave for all 31 days in March. Your daily sign in reward streak is at 31. Then, imagine if you missed playing on April 1 and came back on April 2. In the current system, your streak would be all the way back at 1. But what if, instead, when you came back on April 2 it just kept ticking forward to 32? And what if every 50 or 100 days of playing, there was actually a small CaveCash award that everybody was entitled to?"
I do think the daily sign-in needs a redo lol. I am actually in the process or writing up a topic with suggestions. However for the daily sign in reward I'd suggest making some sign-in exclusive items or creatures for most rewards, you can have CC rewards as the streak grows perhaps. Again, I will likely create a topic about this later. However in the end I think you shouldn't focus on using sign in rewards as a way to give users CC free.
Also if you are going to implement a sign-in reward the sight might need a way to keep track of side accounts. Maybe something in the user settings where you list your sides, and mods can verify through IP or whatnot. Only issue I can see with this are when someone has a sibling (or says they have a sibling when they don't)

Female
574 posts

iia • 6 January 2022 at 11:30 AM

@prairie

In recent years of eggcave I've had less motivation to feed creatures, trade, quest, and be involved in the community here. and I've honestly been a bit of a wet blanket ever since the announcement of rereleases. (sorry, lol XD)
This would definitely bring back the motivation to feed your own and other users' creatures! Not only that, but I think new users would stay much longer if they can get cc without having to invest actual money while they're trying eggcave out.
Why stop there though? Could we have a cc to ec terminal too for those that would rather spend money on CC than spent time feeding creatures?

I think there are three types of spenders on EC:
1. Buys CC for most csp
2. Buys CC occasionally or has in the past
3. Never has and never will buy CC (me😸)

I think an ec=cc terminal would have more pros than cons for the community here. While it may seem like less money for eggcave, who knows! Maybe this would be motivation for the hundreds of users in categories 2 and 3 to stay and possibly become cc buyers in the future?
😊 It's about a community of hardworking, friendly, fun, and generous Arkians❤️

Pings(sorry if its a bother ☹️)
@tryvegan4theanimals
@brookie
@alphaleader
@adefaztail
@laylamocha
@musical_slytherclaw
@hinokazes
@techno
@theyeepkingdom
@beta

Female
584 posts

hinokazes • 6 January 2022 at 12:08 PM

@prairie This idea would be nice, because when most of the time more than half of the new pets of a month aren't free, I don't understand how this website can be called free to play...
However, I personally wouldn't really profit of the terminal if it was ever implemented, because it will not give me more reasons to feed. Clicking pets is painful for my hands, which is why I almost never do it. Being able to use the terminal to trade my EC for CC is a thing, but physically hurting myself to gain those EC in the first place ? That's a big no.
I will forever say it but, if we could use the keyboard to feed (that's the less painful way for me), I would actually be more motivated to feed and try to get those 5 millions EC each month. But feeding being painful, long and boring, that's gonna be very hard to give me the will to do it if nothing is done to make it at least less painful :c

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 6 January 2022 at 12:20 PM

@hinokazes
I can totally understand how feeding can be a bit of a tedious task. Repeated clicking will definitely make your finger hurt after awhile. Especially for those who have carpal tunnel or arthritis in the fingers.
Guess that's where the "no pain, no gain" comes in.
I do find that for me the fastest way to seed is to get a link opener (one where you drag over the things you want to open) to open creatures in a new tab then just aim the cursor over the feed button, click and ctrl + w to close what I feed.

Aside from feeding, EC can of course also be gained by selling things and extra creatures. My guess is at the beginning of a terminal like this being added, people might be a bit stingy on how much EC they want to use to buy things, but in reality the conversion rate is practically the same as what its at right now, so it should die down after time.
But I don't doubt people will be using user shops to sell goods more.

Female
1,867 posts

brookie • 6 January 2022 at 12:24 PM

@prairie @iia

I definitely echo both of your points! When I started playing on Egg Cave over 10 years ago, I felt there was a balance of value for both CC and EC. It was much easier to trade creatures, and trades were not limited to solely CC offers or Cash Shop creature offers.

I love the idea of being able to convert EC to CC with a limit. It's hard to keep up with all of the Cash Shop monthlies, re-releases, and so-on. Buying more CC is not always in the budget, or not even in the budget for most people especially during these times. I feel like this would be a great way to inspire people to be more active, especially during the slow times on the site when there are no events going on.

Honestly, I may not be the best judge, but I cannot foresee any trading issues with a conversion terminal. I feel like trading is stagnant as is, but having more creatures in circulation and the ability to give EC more value in Ark will be beneficial for everyone.

Great idea, I hope this is implemented.

EDIT: I also agree that this will improve the Egg Cave community. More people will be active and looking forward to feeding coves of users, both new and old, thus forming those virtual friendships. 😊

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 6 January 2022 at 12:32 PM

As someone who has been on Eggcave since 2009, I would LOVE to see this suggestion implemented on site.

I used to feed creatures diligently to pay for Tim's for my creatures, but since the Leaf of Vaka was introduced, I have very little use for the EC I have and no real motivation to feed anymore. And I'm sure that there are many other veteran players who are in the same boat.

If I could convert my currently useless coins into CC, I'd be more inclined to be more active on site. And as an added bonus, I think converting EC to CC would boost the game's economy a bit, allowing users who are currently unable to purchase CC a way to get into trading more easily, as well as bumping the value of EC since it would have a new official use.

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 6 January 2022 at 2:00 PM

Thanks for the ping, @iia. I love your idea, @prairie! Why not give it a shot, @ian? It can be an experiment like the rereleases. If the site loses too much money, you can remove the terminal let us know why.

I've spent quite a lot of time on the site since I discovered it a few months ago. There is so much here that I love! However, the pay-to-win nature of the site is also a continual source of sadness and frustration. It's nice to hear that this frustration isn't just experienced by new players like myself.

I've said it before and it's still true: I will buy some CC if there is an EC to CC conversion terminal 😉👍

Some quotes that I enthusiastically agree with:

"this will improve the Egg Cave community. More people will be active and looking forward to feeding coves of users, both new and old, thus forming those virtual friendships." @brookie

"converting EC to CC would boost the game's economy a bit, allowing users who are currently unable to purchase CC a way to get into trading more easily, as well as bumping the value of EC since it would have a new official use." @pipkitten

Much love to you all and happy new year ❤️,
-Alex

Female
584 posts

hinokazes • 6 January 2022 at 2:25 PM

@iia I'm an idiot and didn't even thanked you for the ping in my first post u_u' Sorry ! Thank you for the ping ! ❤️

@prairie Issue is that it's not just my fingers that hurts, but also my wrist if not my entire hand, which make things very difficult after for real life stuff. And unfortunately, it's not after a while, it's very quick... :c

It's also possible to do ctrl + left click to open something in a new tab, however my laptop doesn't like this so I can't do it a lot either (I knew for ctrl+w after clicking the feeding button, I do that for the little amount of pets I open in other tabs xD)

And in case of selling stuff and pets, they actually need to be sold for me to get some EC... :') which is... very rare. My biggest way to get EC is getting the daily 3K EC + the daily EC in the bank + site trivia when I get the good answer + clicking the 20 pets I put in click exchange. Can eventually get something from wall of sandrodons, but it's so rare it's not worth it to include it.

So my amount of EC gained is low and I may use some in the lottery for CC pets I like a lot to hope that maybe I'll get them :/ I may also use them to buy pets, because, well, I want all the pets, so I can't just spit at the EC pets I can get for some CC, it's a hard choice when you don't have a lot of EC.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 6 January 2022 at 4:36 PM

@hinokazes
I guess I can't really help you with your situation there. To me I've never seemed to have/seen many issues of users selling cave monthlies and event creatures for EC (cave monthlies especially stolen on the first of the month) I guess you could suggest another way for users to get EC, but to be honest, I feel there are plenty of opportunities as is for users. And that's coming from me whos just flat out too lazy to go on feeding sprees - I get all my EC from creature sales pretty much.
However, I still think this would be a great feature for the larger half of Eggcave. I think not only would it benefit the individual, but the community as a whole. Boosting trades, selling, EC trading and more.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 6 January 2022 at 5:17 PM

I think that the click exchange could be a big help in getting ec if it's fixed, I think that the solution to having credits that aren't used up should be easily converted to ec. As an example that if you have 10,000 credits on the click exchange that would get converted thru perhaps the bank system. There could be a button that you can click on that converts all unused credits to ec. Tho you don't have to exchange all your credits since you do want to get your creatures clicked on, but any that are unused that you just want to convert to in the bank. This game can be very time consuming if you're trying to feed to get ec a feed all button would be nice too. It would save lots of time and there are lots of people who don't have that kind of time to make the ec they need to pay for Tim's, get items, food, and travels that they want for their creatures.

Female
574 posts

iia • 6 January 2022 at 7:23 PM

@jirachiwishmaker @prairie
I think having a “feed all button” defeats the purpose of Tim’s and the click exchange.
If we can just get the ec from a whole cove at the click of a button then there is no point using the click exchange or feeding other people’s creatures and you’ll definitely have money for Tim’s when you need it.
I think the whole point is that it is time consuming. Eggcave wants you to spent time here.😊 I don’t think feeding creatures is unreasonable for the majority and if you want ec there are so many ways to get it as others^^ have pointed out.

8 posts

theyeepkingdom • 6 January 2022 at 9:17 PM

An EC to CC would be really nice. I feel like it might prompt for more grinding in the site (more users would be online/users would be online for longer), but I feel like it might increase the prices of creatures and CC items as well.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 6 January 2022 at 9:34 PM

@iia

Those are just suggestions, but there are alot of people who don't have the time to feed even for a half an hour a day. The feed all button is for people who can't feed often, but they should be able to make some ec when they do have the "time". As for the click exchange it's got tons of creatures and all those credits don't even get used up, we should get the ec for that if we could just exchange it, I think it could help. To me the exchange is there for people who can't feed huge coves, you can feed just a few, or a lot at your convenience. When you start off as a new player ec will help out in the long run, it helps to keep creatures alive in Tim's and keeping alot of creatures at Tim's can be pricy. EC helps with purchases of creatures in auctions, trades, and all the shops purpose to keep your creature happy. So, we'll never run out of ways to use it on here, it's very functional.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 7 January 2022 at 12:12 AM

@jirachiwishmaker
In all honesty, I literally forgot the click exchange was a thing.
But I think the idea of having the XC center having the ability to turn points into EC is really cool! Something like that would hopefully make the click exchange center more active. (perhaps make or bump a topic about this to gain more support)

As far as a "feed all" button, I'll have to take a more 'strongly disagree' side on that. To just click on a feed all button on one of the sites more massive coves is a TON of EC in a second. No real effort needed.
To me, EC is something you need to work for in some way or another, and it needs to stay that way. [i}Especially[/i] if a feature such as this EC to CC terminal would be implemented.
I can appreciate that some people don't have the time to feed, but there are other ways to obtain EC that don't require as much time.
(Also on the note of Tim's being pricey, this exchange terminal could help! Users could get a leaf of Vaka for their coves fairly easy with CC they get using their EC.)

97 posts

riceboysleeps • 7 January 2022 at 12:38 AM

@prairie @iia @brookie @tryvegan4theanimals @pipkitten @hinokazes @jirachiwishmaker @theyeepkingdom

I've been doing some reading about this topic. I'd like to respond to something @ian said back in April:

We feel that allowing an Egg Coins to CaveCash direct conversion disincentivizes the purchase of CaveCash, which is vital to supporting the site. It could also incentivize and lead to a rise in bot abuse, specifically with feeding creatures and dilute the current value of CaveCash. If the conversion were set too low, the value of CaveCash plummets. If the conversion were set too high, users would scoff at it saying, "Pffft, what's the point anyway?"

https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/75140?page=2

In my mind, this is a classic example of how only focusing on short-term profits ruins a business.

First things first: the site is too pay to win. Almost any creature you want can be yours quickly if you pay. You can freeze any stage you want if you pay. You can get loads of EC within the hour if you buy and trade CC vouchers. Now, people don't like it when games and sites are too pay to win. It comes across as sleazy and greedy, and it tarnishes the reputation of the game/site.

Case in point: I have many friends IRL that are interested in games and virtual pets, and I could share the site with them. But I don't recommend EC in its current state, as much as I have fun here. The player base is dwindling and there's constantly lots of talk about how to to improve the site. There are a handful of long-term dedicated players, but most people who show up leave quickly.

Solution: focus less on selling CC and more on improving people's opinion of the site. Be more generous with the premium currency. Have faith that making players happy will lead to an increase in spending. There are many other pet sites that do this and are still doing well (Subeta is one of them).

@ian and co have taken a big step in the right direction with the rereleases. There are a tiny minority of people that don't like their creatures decreasing in value, but most love the fact that lots of unobtainable creatures are now *possibly* obtainable. This is a great start. But it's not enough. CC needs to be somewhat obtainable for free players, more than just gobbler hunt and site birthday. I like OP's idea of having a monthly cap.

In the link above, @ian mentions: "what if every 50 or 100 days of playing, there was actually a small CaveCash award that everybody was entitled to?" By small, I think he means something like 50 or 100cc. Getting 50cc every 50 days would not solve the problems of the site being too pay to win. That's not even enough to afford one current CSP a year. 100cc every 50 days would be be one CSP every 8 months, which is also laughable.

Thanks for reading 😊

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 7 January 2022 at 1:00 AM

@riceboysleeps
As far as disincentivizing the purchase of cavecash, I feel like this suggestion - which implements a limit - should keep that from happening. I don't believe the last suggestion had a limit.
I highly agree that bot abuse would rise, though all for what, the ability to get max 500cc each month? I'd be more worried about side account abuse.

The conversion rate is set at 5,000,000ec minimum because that was the user standard conversion rate seen in user shops and the TC pre Re-release. By this point it might need tweaking (2mil increase max I'd say), though I am still able to find users who will swap 500cc for 5mill ec. All these rates are set on previous and current user defined conversion rates.

I do agree that this site as become increasingly pay to 'collect'. Because of the drive and need for CC to get new creatures and helpful items, users are less willing to trade for EC or other creatures.
I do agree that the re-releases are a huge plus in the community as some of the prices of CSPs were absolutely insane, however, it still is just another CC needed activity (In no way am I saying it shouldn't be for CC or for less, I want it to stay as is). If there is 3000cc worth of creatures available every month, I think there should be a way to obtain low amounts of CC using EC.

To me, one of the biggest things this site needs to focus on is Quality of Life features and features that gives users to do outside of holiday and event times. The site is very stagnate unless its during big events or the 1st day of a month.

For the suggestion of 50-100 days of playing = 50-100cc (if that's what would be offered) is, let me be rather blunt, quite rude to the dedicated users who come onto the site diligently every day. I think rewards for login streaks is a wonderful idea, however it needs to be something that shows appreciation in the end.
That being said, as someone who usually checks on this site everyday, it is quite easy to keep a streak. However a month checking in is still a month of checking in. Especially with the site being quite 'dead' during non-event/new month times.

Your post gave me tons of feedback and more topics to cover, thanks for the big reply!!

Female
1,695 posts

lexicon • 7 January 2022 at 1:04 AM

@prairie

As a veteran player myself I love and support this idea❤️. It's definitely been proposed in the past but I think a cap would be great to make sure things don't get too out of hand! 500CC seems reasonable to me. Not too much to throw values out of wack but not too little because you can still get at least one CSP a month (or a few things from the shop) from just playing!! the!! game!! instead of $$$. I stand by the 1M EC=100CC conversion rate, it's simple and makes sense

Just chiming in to agree, I also think a "click all" button would defeat the purpose of this site. While it would be great and I would love to have and use it, I understand why it hasn't (and likely will never) be done. I sympathize with those who simply can't stay here and click all day due to, ya know, having a busy life outside of this lol (or very valid medical issues) but EC is meant to be hard-earned and tedious the traditional way. I personally don't have much time to feed anymore either but I get a decent amount through daily bonuses, the site trivia, and the bank interest. Trading has me set with EC and I would love a way to convert all them coins sitting in the bank to actually use them 😊

I just really would like to see the site more active again, I feel like there's been a lull in both trading and the forums lately and hopefully this idea will make CC more attainable and increase foot traffic again! Honestly this idea doesn't necessarily bring in more money for the site immediately, which is why it hasn't been implemented, but I think long-term it will increase the quality of life for current players who can't afford/don't want to spend actual money thus leading to more recommendations and more people joining the site who might be able to buy CC! Who doesn't want to join a cute adoptable site where you can actually work your way up to your dream cove through hard work?? And a more thriving, happy community?? Win-win in my book! 😉

(side note: the XC really needs some revamping, it is not being utilized ouo)

Female
574 posts

iia • 7 January 2022 at 4:20 AM

I love reading all of these suggestions❤️

As far as money for the site goes, I don’t feel bad pushing to implement this. Eggcave has surely been making a good chuck of cash with rereleases especially considering some of them have a value of 22USD. If they aren’t making money it’s because they’re is a decline of activity on this site. I find that laughable because they were all but asking for it.
I really liked when they released the Foo into the VEND machine. People had to work for it! They had to have Ec to buy items to spend time doing quest to get the tokens they want. I think it would be very beneficial to put the rereleases there. (But that’s off topic)
Things like questing, feeding, the XC, and trading are a substantial part of the community and attraction to staying the site. Right now the players who are ok with feeling left out of Cash Shop stuff and the players who pay to play are the only ones who really stick around. I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but EggCave is lacking the community and activity it COULD have.
It is so obvious to me that the focus of the site isn’t questing, it isn’t feeding, it isn’t trading, it’s the Cash Shop. That’s ridiculous especially considering this is a kids site.
Personally I was slightly disgusted that they put the rereleases in the cash shop especially starting at such high prices and after the experiment with the foo at the VEND machine. *bangs head against wall* to me this whole “rerelease scheme” just looks like a huge money grab and I’ll only mention that “the hunt for cc” has messed with this site.

@riceboysleeps I LOVE your thoughts/ideas. As for the things @ian has said, the fact that he has told us that eggcave will always be free is just as valid (if not more) than him not wanting to loose money.
I don’t think it is bad to call @ian out for things he has said in the past. It adds a healthy dose of responsibility to know that you have people that will make sure you do what you say you’ll do.

I don’t think there is any harm in giving an ec=cc terminal with a cap of 500cc a try. Honestly I think it will motivate people to be on this site for longer and buy cc in the future! I’m sad that it seems Eggcave is more worried about making a profit NOW rather than building what could be a great game and making a profit too. This site has SO much potential! Why let it go to waste over a few dollars (may be more than a few for now but you catch my meaning).
I think @ian has let the community of people who aren’t going anywhere (mind you, who are all talented and have good things to say) get restless. I think it’s fair that all of this is “coming back to bite him” in a way over the last month or so especially.
I think it is crucial to the well being of the site for something like this to happen.

Side note: look at the backlash of this month’s releases and then look at their populations. The Ulme and Zamaja and #930 and #931 with the lowest in population (#932) being the Pabassa (a creature released 4 hours ago). Let the quality speak for itself. The artist is obviously talented but I’m not sure their style matched the rest of the page. In other words it’s not their fault 😊
Most of the creatures released in the Cash Shop Park this year are really low on the list.

Anywho, enjoy your day! 😃

Edit: wow that post was longer than I thought. Sorry 😋

Female
1,621 posts

solaris • 7 January 2022 at 10:04 AM

@prairie

I’m going to be honest here and say that this is the most well thought out plan on EC to CC conversion that I have ever read! I think this is an excellent way to do it. The 500CC cap is such a good idea.
I’d support this 100%!

Female
12 posts

doublechin • 7 January 2022 at 11:58 AM

I barely ever go on the forums and I'm so glad I did today. It's my first time hearing about the EC to CC conversion idea and this honestly makes me feel excited about. I could tell that all of the above ideas and suggestions are from players that truly care about keeping the site sustainable and enjoyable for players. A good read for sure! Thanks to you all!

I can see that this can stimulate the use of click exchange. Also at the same time, I think this could prevent "crazy inflation" of CC offered in shops or auctions. I noticed that as time goes by, 50CC has gone way beyond 500,000EC worth...

Of course there's still potential issues to tackle for this suggestion (i.e. side account abuse), but this plan really does seem very attractive to be implemented. I support this 😊

89 posts

dougprishpreed • 7 January 2022 at 8:27 PM

I love all the ideas here. @prairie did a great job laying it out. I also like @iia's idea of putting more rare/valuable creatures in the VEND (since those creatures are obtainable with hard work, EC, and time spent on the site feeding and helping out other players). I haven't done quests yet myself, but I would if there were creatures worth working for there.

Hope they read this.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 8 January 2022 at 10:17 AM

@solaris @doublechin @dougprishpreed

Thank you for all your feedback!!
I'm happy that there's alot of excitement about a terminal like this.

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 9 January 2022 at 7:50 PM

I also think this would help the site and bring more people into the game 😊

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 9 January 2022 at 8:25 PM

CC is so inflated. Not very fun for new users with not a lot of money. A terminal like this would be great! And having a monthly limit would help keep people supporting the site 😊

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 11 January 2022 at 4:28 PM

Once again getting this active and pinging @Ian to look at this idea to consider.

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 12 January 2022 at 1:23 AM

@prairie Yes, let's keep this post active! Really hope they consider this 🤞

Female
1,867 posts

brookie • 12 January 2022 at 10:46 AM

Really hoping for a positive outcome with this suggestion!

Female
574 posts

iia • 12 January 2022 at 12:02 PM

Hope @ian is considering! 😃

74 posts

spaceistheplace • 12 January 2022 at 5:01 PM

This seems like a good idea, @ian 😊