Click Exchange habits

in General

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 14 March 2022 at 6:19 AM

I'm usually clicking through the exchange when I'm on my laptop, and I reserve feeding coves for when I'm on my phone, clicking through tabs mindlessly in the evening. It's almost therapeutic.

I'm just curious to know how folks treat the exchange, how often y'all click through creatures there, and how you choose which creatures to throw in there. Quick feeds? Long-term click goals?

My XC at the moment is around 7k, but I feel like I need to get that number WAY up before I start seeing justifiable results. What do you guys think?

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 17 March 2022 at 9:54 PM

@kataclysm

I was just about to make a thread about this topic actually! I use the click exchange pretty extensively too, I find the increase in stats is rather slow going - so I was going to ask around about how many users actively use the exchange. I put in creatures I want to level-up long term mostly because quick levelling doesn't seem to work for me much ^^;

Would be interested in getting a discussion going about how to increase the usage of the click exchange, I find I am often in excess of XC and I feel it is a bit under-utilised.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 18 March 2022 at 1:14 PM

@stellalunagirl

I feel that! I find that having set creatures to feed/clicks preferred is helping me get results. I've also noticed that I'm getting a lot of feeds now that I'm past the 8k threshold. Whether that's coincidence or down to dragold's den encouraging people to feed with wild abandon is anybody's guess.

Female
2,371 posts

ida92 • 18 March 2022 at 2:24 PM

I remember 3-4 years ago I would gain like 120 XC in a few minutes and it would all be gone the next day. Now it takes forever, I think the click exchange is not popular any more. It's a pity though, because the idea is great. Perhaps there might be ways to make people more interested in the click exchange again. The only times when it is active is on feeding events like the seed collecting on Halloween.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 19 March 2022 at 5:40 AM

@ida92
I wasn't around to experience the golden age of the click exchange. Darn it.

I've found lately that I'm getting more clicks than I did a week ago. I can't tell if it's because of the Dragold event, or if I'm just lucky. Nonetheless, I'll still utilise it for quick-fire feeding to grind that EC. So little time, so many things to buy...

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 19 March 2022 at 9:48 AM

@ida92
I do miss the golden age of the click exchange and I speak for myself that I do hate the current system in place. I like that there are more creatures, I hate that there are so few clickers. Honestly I think the best solution would just be to go back to the original and then reset XC every week and see how that goes.

I click there whenever I feel like it and currently that is about.... once a week but more often during events. I currently have ~65,000 XC but i could have easily had well over 100,000 if I actually tried.

Female
2,101 posts

cranberrycat1 • 19 March 2022 at 11:35 AM

I normally don’t use the click exchange but I am trying to get back into it because I want all of my eggs to be hatched. So I am trying to go on the click exchange every week. For me personally I feel like the click exchange is going at a decent speed though I would like it to go faster. Normally I do 100 xc a week and it is normally gone in a week but I don’t know if that is slow because I wasn’t here at the click exchanges golden period.

Right know my xc is at 0 but will get it up to 100 xc tomorrow 😊. Also I have never passed 300 xc at a time.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 21 March 2022 at 6:55 AM

It's interesting to see the perspective from two different sides of the spectrum! Gemma with over 60,000XC (I'm envious! my competitive side wants there to one day be a XC leaderboard, but I know the logistics probably wouldn't make sense) and Cranberry with the minimalistic approach.

I wonder if it would be an interesting change if people could only put in 1 creature at a time. I feel like having 20, whilst generous, serves to saturate the click pool. I dunno. I think about it a lot, and for no good reason.

141 posts

stormwarden • 22 April 2022 at 5:33 AM

i really wish the click exchange was more active but i have to be the hypocrite who admits i barely use it xD i've accumulated 1500 XC and in the off chance that i see the number dip, i just click however many it takes it bring it back up to that a nice, round number. i prefer feeding coves because it seems more personal and also because i feel like it's more likely for me to get feeds back (feedbacks?) when i feed enough of a user's creatures that they get the notification

Female
9 posts

ghibli • 24 April 2022 at 11:45 AM

I have been doing the click exchange not long now and I have 172 XC it does take quite some time to get anything back.

Non-binary
27 posts

witika • 2 May 2022 at 7:32 PM

I was just about to post something about this.. I've been sitting at Over 400 XC for literally weeks and I have 3 creatures in the exchange right now that I want to grow. I stopped clicking in the exchange after I noticed that nothing was moving along. I really do miss the exchange.. It worked so much better for me than yurdles or whatever people use now.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 2 May 2022 at 8:14 PM

@kataclysm
I used to use the click exchange way back when, and I usually forget it exists tbh. I'd love for it to be revived though! I remember those good old days when our pets would all evolve so quickly thanks to the exchange and it was a very active little community c:

I'm going to start clicking more after seeing this thread. #REVIVECLICKEXCHANGE ^^

Female
1,638 posts

alraune3 • 10 May 2022 at 6:23 AM

@Ian
As @ida92 wrote, the current system of the Click Exchange system does not seem very popular. I have 12 eggs in there at the moment and the best result for one of them is 24 clicks since the beginning of March. One of my eggs has not yet received a single click in a fortnight.

I can also remember the time when the CE was one of the quickest methods to grow up an egg. Is there any chance to make it more popular or change the system somehow for a better result? Thank you in advance for all your ideas and efforts!😊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 12 May 2022 at 8:22 AM

I have to say that despite having 20 creatures in the exchange from around March-May, not a single one of them has reached triple digits in clicks. Which isn't a statement I make to sound ungrateful, but it does sort of speak to the inefficiency of the click exchange at current. When creatures require thousands of views or feeds to get anywhere close to evolving, it's kind of a laughable pursuit.

However - I enjoy using it all the same. It introduces me to new accounts, and if I find an active person, there's a chance I can find a new friend to add to my feedlist and to visit more regularly. I enjoy it because, even if it's not super efficient, it does feel like one of the more community-focused aspects of EggCave and I would love to see it revived, or at any rate, slightly more active.

I wonder if there's some method we can come up with to shear off the inactive users that clog up the exchange? I don't mind feeding an inactive cove I've found in the exchange if I'm grinding for EC (life of a quester, amirite?) but the chances of getting fed back aren't good at all.

Female
2 posts

mitilleee • 13 May 2022 at 8:16 AM

Hey!
I'm a new player on eggcave, and I'm a little disappointed with the clickexchange
I spent a lot of time there (I got 5000 XC in 1 week) to finally see that in return I only received 40 clicks...
It's a bit of a shame, because I thought it would be an incredible way to xp your creatures, playing on the community aspect!
I saw in the rules of the clickexchange that each player is credited with 10 XC per day if their credit is at 0, and I think that's the problem. Indeed, as we rarely win 10 clicks in a day, we can very well never click the creatures of other players and our creatures are always offered for display.
I don't know how the old system was, you seem to say it was more efficient?
I wish you a very good day to all 😊

Female
2,888 posts

heatherm19 • 15 May 2022 at 3:07 AM

As a relatively new player I'm curious what happened to make the click exchange lose it's popularity like this. I've gotten nearly all my stats from 'feedbacks' after I just click random people's coves, the click exchange doesn't really seem to do much at all. But according to some of the posts here it used to be very active and you could actually evolve creatures using it... So what changed? Did it just slowly lose it's appeal or was something actually changed in the way the exchange works that made it less popular?

Cis Man
9 posts

jet • 19 May 2022 at 11:46 AM

Edit: never mind I found the answer to my question in a line I somehow missed in the FAQ lol

Either way, I noticed this too and I wish I knew what else I could do to get more clicks. Are people less likely to click creatures that don't want to be fed? Do most people filter to "feeds" so creatures listed under "all" don't get clicked as often?

Female
3,793 posts

sparklefox • 19 May 2022 at 1:47 PM

@heatherm19 - They added a new feature wherein everyone with creatures in the click exchange automatically got 10XC every day if they had run out of XC. It seemed pretty good at first until the exchange pretty much got overwhelmed with creatures, and not enough active people to click all of them.

From my experience (might be different for others), it used to be that you could most likely clear out the exchange in one sitting and get ~400XC (sometimes more, sometimes less), and these would be gone by the next day. So if you had one creature in it, that one creature was pretty much getting hundreds of clicks each day. Now there's barely anyone using it mostly because they're getting nothing in return.

Female
41 posts

omegacat27 • 3 June 2022 at 6:30 PM

I try to click out like 2-4 pages or so in the Exchange when I decide to do some clicking, which can be multiple times a day. Since I like multitasking, I also always do it while watching a video or listening to music and it feels nice just doing that. When I first started playing, I threw all of my pets in there with no real goal besides leveling and evolving.

On a side note, I feel like that change of everyone with creatures getting 10 XC everyday if they run out of it goes against the entire point of the Exchange and its mechanics. Then again, I'm speaking from the bias of no memory of the Exchange pre-update as well as currently sitting on 6k XC with like only 131 incoming clicks.

Female
2,888 posts

heatherm19 • 3 June 2022 at 8:13 PM

@omegacat27 Agreed on both accounts, I wasn't around before the change so I don't really know how things were then compared to now or why such a change was thought needed. But it does seem counter-intuitive to how the Exchange is supposed to run... You get XC for clicking other creatures in the exchange, and you need to have XC to keep your own creatures in there, but if you automatically get XC every day no matter if you click or not then where is the incentive to click?

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 June 2022 at 9:07 PM

@heatherm19 @omegacat27
The Click Exchange pre-change was heavily abused and completely controlled by like half a dozen people. Each of them had thousands of XC while everyone else had less than 100. So yes, you could run through the creatures in the exchange quickly and lose your XC quickly because there was only so much XC to go around with those 6ish people bleeding the exchange dry.

You can read all about it here: https://eggcave.com/blog/click-exchange-updated?page=1

We let people vote on which option to fix the exchange and the way the exchange is now won the votes. And perhaps its time to look into fixing the exchange again.

Female
2,371 posts

ida92 • 15 June 2022 at 3:30 AM

I noticed that the Click Exchange has been a lot more active for the past week or so. 😊 I have to click every day to keep my hoard of XC over 800. 😃

Female
33 posts

mzpanda • 19 February 2023 at 7:53 AM

I think the exchange gets busy is when we all are hunting for those chocoloates.

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 22 February 2023 at 4:58 PM

I click everything on the list, then refresh and do it again. I mostly do it to build up my XC

1,131 posts

hikanu • 22 February 2023 at 6:33 PM

The event and the daily tasks helps with the activity.

I click in the exchange mainly to keep the numbers up, so that my 20 creatures gets clicks when the site gets busy. 😊

The creatures I stick in there are the creatures I want the most clicks on the fastest. It can be for the sake of making them immortal by exposing them to all manner of activity, or simply hatching newly acquired creatures in a way that don't require me to go ask for feedbacks or actively feed other peoples coves if I'm not in the mood.

I did have more than 3000XC at one point... That was after the Halloween event where I'd clicked everything with almost reckless abandon to collect seeds. I simply decided to see how many creatures were in the click exchange one day. The answer was a lot. XD
Currently I have roughly 295 (21 having been used while I wrote this) and I feel like I'm running out every day thanks to the event.

Female
1,716 posts

minnie298a • 22 February 2023 at 7:13 PM

Whoa! I posted on that linked blog complaining about having 380 credits. Oh sweet innocent me. Current balance has 6 figures, and keeps growing everyday.

In saying that, I currently feed primarily through the exchange. A couple times a month, I will clear the thing. With the exception of that one person, it's a safe place to feed that won't get me yelled at. (And maybe one day, that person will realize the mistake they made of forgetting they put 7 creatures now on their Do Not Feed list in the exchange, or at least stop blocking people too quick for them to explain.)

The XC used to have waves of involvement around events. The Choc event being one. So I'm interested to see how the activity holds up in relation to the task next month.

As for creature selection. Right now I have a mix. About half are ones I want to immortalize, and half are there so I have an easy to see list to put travels on for the next Consume task. I know I could just create a cove list for that, but that seems a lot more effort.

Female
134 posts

tortoise • 22 February 2023 at 10:30 PM

I normally don’t use the click exchange either, although I do have the max 20 creatures registered in it. I just find it easier to feed coves because I don’t have to worry about only clicking certain creatures instead feeding them, I can just feed the whole cove. However, I am glad that the monthly challenge has tasks to use the click exchange because I think it will help others benefit from it, even if we’re only clicking 100+ creatures for the task.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 23 February 2023 at 9:38 PM

I feel the poor poor click exchange has been abandoned and neglected for so long....Hardly anything gets done there, I've put creatures in only to have them in for months trying to see if they will level up and become immortal, but it only deepens the fact that it's not gotten much use. My creatures immortalize much faster off my profile, but is that just me noticing. I do hope that it does get more use, but I do feel the old click exchange seemed much more compatible. This one has tons of creatures, but it's like nobody is really getting theirs clicked, or yours aren't clicked etc. My answer to this is yes it surely needs a fixing, and when that's done I'm sure people will be able to put it to good use again.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 26 February 2023 at 11:27 AM

I rarely go there. I also remember the way it used to be and I was there like almost every day. It would be nice to have it that way again but maybe too hard coding it?

Female
2,299 posts

metaphor • 26 February 2023 at 12:43 PM

I like to do 5-6 pages worth of clicks at a time. I find it kind of relaxing.