🧊❄️Glaciskal [Winter Suggestion] ❄️🧊

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 12 November 2022 at 7:42 PM

#creaturesuggestion
Hello hello! I am excited to present a relatively late suggestion (due to classes being rough)!

This creature took some thinking so I really hope you guys like the concept.

This creature could be released December/January ! (mainly M/F creature, probably around 362 kg on average, about 6 feet tall fully grown)

❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️

Egg Description:

This egg is very cold to the touch! But, the fur is thick and luxurious, keeping the egg incubated and warm.

Creature Description:

Glaciskal pups hatch with an icy shell on their backs that is disproportionate to their body size to keep them from being hunted. Their soft white fur covers them head to toe and is pure white, camouflaging the pup into its snowy habitat. They have light pray parts to help absorb what little light there is. The ice mace tail is too heavy to be used, so Glaciskal mothers usually keep their pups in one spot and know the small creatures won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

As the Glaciskal ages, their fur color becomes a lighter gray with white speckling, so a bit less camouflaged. However, they now can use their ice mace to defend themselves. These creatures are solitary, and do not live in groups, so as a sub-adult the Glaciskal is alone.

There is a misleading demeanor presented by these creatures- despite their defensive looking shells and tail, this is not an herbivore. Glaciskals are apex predators, pretending to be an herbivore.

Their black coats absorb warmth from the sun, collecting energy to strike. They are not feared by other herbivores, as they are considered the “guardians” of the herds. This is because Glaciskal act as though they are an injured herbivore, laying on its shell, waiting for a lone predator. Once the predator approaches, the mace tail made of ice becomes a lethal weapon. Glaciskals will only strike lone predators and are therefore an unpredicted apex predator among the ecosystem.

Don’t judge a book by it’s icy cover!

❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️🧊❄️

TL/DR• a carnivore disguised as an herbivore !!

Here is the creature~ ❄️🧊

https://www.deviantart.com/dragrawr/art/Glaciskal-Eggcave-Suggestion-936806649

Some starting pings
@wonder404exe @mairbear @tryvegan4theanimals @prairie @thedarkarcher @ian

#dragrawrscreatures

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 12 November 2022 at 7:54 PM

@dragrawr
OOOOOOOOOOOO~
I love this!!
It gives me some factor of nostalgia for some reason. But I love the uniqueness factor too it! I feel like I haven’t seen something like this in awhile.

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 12 November 2022 at 8:16 PM

@dragrawr

This is cute 😃 The colours of winter are probably the top likeable aspect of winter for me lol and doggies can never go wrong 😸 Really enjoy the backstory you've thought up for it as well ❤️ If this is released, I'm definitely getting a guardian ice pupper ^^

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 12 November 2022 at 8:56 PM

@dragrawr
Wot. If this releases next month and its Cc im gonna be so mad. I have no Cc to spare fr

OMG ITS SO COOT HES AHSHDJJDGS I WANT IT NOW IM GONNA FREEZ- oh i hv no CC nvm- 😭

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 12 November 2022 at 9:47 PM

@prairie thank you so much !! I like drawing more sharper/teethier whatever ppl wanna call it- animals. I’m so glad you like it ! :] ❤️

@mairbair aaaa I’m so happy you like it my friend !! ❤️ >:9

@wonder404exe AHHA !! You’re too funny I’m super broke too I get you there pffft. Super happy you like it ! :] ❤️

Pings: @nkiay @heatherm19

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 13 November 2022 at 12:20 AM

@dragrawr
The first form is so cute..... ;v;
I love the description too! ^^

Pings:
@lothar
@snowywinter
@powgal15
@nightslayer300
@distorted

Female
730 posts

lothar • 13 November 2022 at 8:36 PM

@dragrawr
ooooooh I love all stages, I need this!!
I really want to have one......

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 13 November 2022 at 10:26 PM

@shirothekittehlover thank you so much for the compliments !! And for the pings I appreciate so much !! :] 💕

@lothar tyty! That would be awesome ^^

Female
2,911 posts

heatherm19 • 14 November 2022 at 12:45 AM

I did not get your ping, thanks for the wall comment.

This looks like a perfect winter creature! The baby stage is so adorable I just want to cuddle it.

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 12:54 AM

@heatherm19 It's so strange that when you edit a post with pings it won't ping them, I made a separate forum for it lol

And thank you very much ! I'm glad you like it friend! ❤️ :]

Random pings!
@twilightshine
@snowywinter
@cryogenics
@dragiigy

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 14 November 2022 at 1:30 AM

@dragrawr gorgeous art! love this concept alot and love how it looks like it belongs in the coldworld with the rencup and the kappice! would totally spend cc for this ❤️

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 1:38 AM

@magenta aaa thank you so much! I'm very glad you like the concept !! It definitely needs to live in the Coldworld

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 14 November 2022 at 4:34 PM

@dragrawr
Woah :0
This is amazing and I love the design of the egg. Hopefully I can get a few for my cove!

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 5:03 PM

@twilightshine

Thank you so much! I'm glad it is getting a good reception. ❤️

Some pings:
@thedarkarcher
@lunacharm1037
@minnie298a

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 14 November 2022 at 6:14 PM

@dragrawr
Love it ❤️ I hope it gets made, I want one 😊

Ping:
xxcouchxx
tryveganforthe animals
icecream

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 6:39 PM

@lunacharm1037 I'm very happy you like it! I hope that to all who want one are able to get one if this gets a month to exist haha! Thanks for the support! ❤️

^^^
@xxcouchxx
@icecream

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 14 November 2022 at 7:42 PM

@dragrawr
The tail design is so unique, as well as the description! I love all things dogs/wolves, so I would definitely get this creature if it was released. 😸

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 14 November 2022 at 7:51 PM

@xxcouchxx Thank you so much! ❤️ I'm glad you like the tail design! I love it too haha

More pings : P
@ravensong

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 18 November 2022 at 4:51 AM

@dragrawr
very cool design!
i hope it gets added this winter

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 18 November 2022 at 5:27 PM

@murfijs
Aaa thank you so much for the support! I hope so too 😊

Some pings:
@minnie298a

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 18 November 2022 at 6:28 PM

@dragrawr i really like this 😃 i love the white/grey/light blue color palette, it's very pretty! and the morningstar-shaped tail is a nice touch. it sort of reminds me of an ankylosaurus, but much cuter and fluffier~

i love the big yawn in the last stage x)

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 18 November 2022 at 6:55 PM

@pwuffy yes it’s based off an anklo haha but also inspired by seals/lambs ! I don’t really know lol but I am very happy for your feedback !! I’m glad you like it

It’s yawning cus it’s lazy haha

1,558 posts

dragonii • 28 November 2022 at 12:29 AM

@dragrawr First thank you for posting on my wall about this. Second. I love this so much!! The design and the description is so fun! I would love for all of it to be implemented into egg cave!

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 28 November 2022 at 1:02 PM

@dragonii no problem ! Thought you would like it :] thank you so much for the feedback ! ❤️

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 28 November 2022 at 5:17 PM

@dragrawr chosen and shall be released on December 1! Yay!

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 28 November 2022 at 6:01 PM

@Ian oh my gosh, I was having such a bad day now I’m literally so excited !!! Thank you so much Ian and Team ❤️

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 28 November 2022 at 10:14 PM

♥️♥️♥️♥️🥹🥹🥹🥹🥺🥺🥺🥺
So exited to get my own lil guy ima treasure him forever

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 November 2022 at 12:08 AM

@dragrawr Congratulations! ^^ ❤️ : D *confetti!*

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 29 November 2022 at 12:24 AM