The Drought

in Roleplaying

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 8:40 PM

It is year 2997. The oceans are drying up. With global warming, the icecaps should have melted and flooded, but instead, something has mysteriously drained the majority of the water. Civilizations managed to get a bit more water and store it, but then one day, the water was gone. There was no known source of water remaining on Earth. Plants and animals all over the world are dying, and people say The Drought will be the end of the world. There are no ponds, lakes, oceans, rivers, streams, or even puddles. No rain, no snow. But the small city of New Sahara won't give up. The citizens are sending out search teams to discover where the water has went. You have been chosen to join one of the teams to find the water.

This is also a time of supposed "magic", a Healer can heal small wounds with their hands. Technology like guns have been banned and the only weapons are spears, knives, bows, etc.

There are two kinds of jobs on the team. Healers (name is self explanatory and some can read minds) and Warriors, who have weapons and fight.

PROFILE:
Name (optional: nickname):
Job (Healer/Warrior):
Specialty (Warriors: weapon / Healer: psychic/no):
Description:
Personality:

Deleted • 23 June 2011 at 8:44 PM

Name: Tess
Job: Warrior
Specialty: Bow and arrow. In training to become a warrior she was two miles away from the target, all she had was a small pocket scope. She hit the bullseye
Description: Brown hair, blue eyes
Personality: Shes strong, amibitious and never lets anything or anyone defeat her.

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 23 June 2011 at 8:53 PM

Name: Layla
Specialty: Layla has amaing aim with a bow and arrow.
Description: Tall, bright blonde hair with shinging blue eyes, her hair long, messed up, and thick.
Personality: Young, but very powerful. With an exploding passion and great strength, she's perfect for fighting and weaponary.

Deleted • 23 June 2011 at 8:55 PM

Oh yeah I forgot to add! She sharpens her teeth, making them Fangs.

Female
178 posts

feather_soul • 23 June 2011 at 8:58 PM

Name: zeeniozukariah
nickname: She goes by Zen
Job (Healer/Warrior): healer
Specialty (Warriors: weapon / Healer: psychic/no): learning to use her powers as a psychic, can see things a few seconds b4 they happen is as far as she's gotten
Description: short brown hair and pale green eyes, the left half of her face is torn to shreds and she is missing that eye. she can't heal it and neither can anyone else. she is a skilled fighter, but prefers healing to bloodshed. short and pale skinned, zen is an expert at stealth, she wears a red cloak and black shirt/pants
Personality: quiet, calm and curious

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 9:06 PM

Her's mine 😊

Oh, and some rules.
SERIOUS RPERS ONLY. Please!!!!
No godmodding/powerplaying!
Please pay attention and read everything
Don't have a character who always saves the day, let your character be injured once in a while, or maybe they lose a fight. Mix things up.
Don't interrupt a plot twist, like, if a character goes evil, don't say: "char1 slapped char2 and stopped evil forces from corrupting them!" that RPer probably wanted that to happen. ☚ī¸

These rules are crucial to the well-being of this RP.

Name: Melodi
Specialty: Knives
Description: Long, wavy white blond hair that's always in a ponytail. Eyes are a light hazel. She is tall for her age.
Personality: Calm and determined. Very smart and can analyze the situation.

Deleted • 23 June 2011 at 9:09 PM

@Randomkitty17 My charries always get hurt! And she will loose battles..

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 9:11 PM

@blugirl80 is okay, just throwing it out there, I hate when people say "Char1 flawlessly evaded the guards and knocked them out before they hurt char1!" I think it's a form of godmodding ☚ī¸

Deleted • 23 June 2011 at 9:11 PM

@randomkitty17 EXATLEY! I hate it when people do that!!!

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 23 June 2011 at 9:12 PM

Name: Sarah
Job: Warrior. (Who do they fight?)
Specialty: Archery and Agility.
Description: Long blonde hair that she keeps in a ponytail. She is 5'12" and she has gentle brown eyes. Her frame is built for running and climbing.
Personality: She is kind to those who help her but to those who don't... BEWARE!

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 9:14 PM

@bluegirl80 i know, right?

@feather_soul does Zen wear a mask or anything O_o just wondering....

AND ONE MORE RULE: GOOD GRAMMAR! please use you instead of u, two/to/too instead of 2, etc.

@qwasx *shrugs* invaders from different cities, any remaining wild animals, we'll figure that out when the time comes. XD

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 23 June 2011 at 9:16 PM

Sarah dashed across the ground to wear she heard they had a few bottles of water! She hoped she could get one for herself. She did not want to die like her family...

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 9:18 PM

@qwasx wait, don't start just yet. Lets wait for one or two more users.

I'll be back in 10-15 minutes, I have to take a shower, bye!

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 23 June 2011 at 9:23 PM

Name:Scott
Job (Healer/Warrior): Healer
Specialty (Warriors: weapon / Healer: psychic/no) Can heal wounds from battle
Description: He was abandoned as a baby. He can be quiet at times and very hyper at times.
Personality: Shy,loyal to anyone, and very quiet.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 June 2011 at 9:36 PM

Name: Dust
Job ): Healer
Specialty : Healing. 😋 But can handle a knife.
Description: Has messy brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He's kinda short, but not much. He has heavy scars on his throat, AND IS A MUTE! 😊
Personality: He is very smart, but cannot talk. He's not shy, but easily gets scard.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 9:47 PM

Okay, I'd say we can start now. But just so we all start on the same page, we start out in the same place, Kay? Otherwise, we could get confused.

The characters are all meeting each others and starting to head out into the wild. They gather supplies and introduce themselves. (sound good?)

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 June 2011 at 9:52 PM

@randomkitty17 - Sounds great.

Dust panted. His breath was shallow, as he laid in the sand, in a ditch in the city of New Sahara. The hot sun beat down on his face. He could see the vultures start to gather above him.
It didn't matter. He was no one, useless.
So he closed his eyes, and hoped that heat stroke would be his end, and not vultures.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 9:59 PM

Melodi saw the boy lying in the sand. "Hey...weren't you in one of the teams to search for the water?" she asked. The poor boy was dehydrated. "Take a sip from my canteen." she offered the canteen of water to him.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 June 2011 at 10:09 PM

(Never mind!😋)

Dust heard the voice, and looked up.
Had somebody noticed him?
He sat up, and saw a girl offering him water. He took it, and drank heartily. He then nodded his thanks.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 10:11 PM

"So who are you? Healer or Warrior?" Melodi asked. She had no clue that he was mute.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 June 2011 at 10:17 PM

/Healer./ Dust wrote in the sand. /I'm Dust./

Female
666 posts

decks123456 • 23 June 2011 at 10:19 PM

name: Oralee
job:warrior
specialty: long distance weapon"any(prefers bow/arrow)
description:grayish/green eyes and a bit short for her age. short, dark, brown hair that just barely reaches her shoulders
personality: mostly quiet, but cant stop talking when she has an idea. always has the backs of her friends

sorry ^^' a few posts late, can i still join?

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 10:23 PM

@decks123456
Sure!

Melodi nodded. "Melodi, I'm a warrior. Um, can you speak?" she asked. Then she held out her hand to shake hands with him.

(is it weird that this RP makes me want water? XD)

Female
666 posts

decks123456 • 23 June 2011 at 10:31 PM

Oralee stuffed her canteen and some other supplies into her pack. the heat out here really was overwhelming. there was still a bit till they have to go, so she decided to go meet some of the others. she walked up to a girl with blonde hair and a boy lying in the sand. "hey, im oralee, you are?

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 10:33 PM

Melodi turned around. "Hello. I'm Melodi and this is Dust." she sipped her canteen.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 June 2011 at 10:34 PM

Dust shook his head. He pointed to the scars on his throat sadly.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 23 June 2011 at 10:46 PM

"Oh. That's terrible. But it's nice to meet you, Dust." she smiled.

(I have to go when my new RP just started! So sorry! Got to go!)

Female
666 posts

decks123456 • 23 June 2011 at 10:46 PM

Oralee smiled. she looked over at the boy and it soon left her face. noticing the scars on his neck, and the writing in the ground, he was obviously a mute. she knew because her grandfather was a mute. she forced back on a smile, thinking staring would only make him feel worse.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 23 June 2011 at 10:56 PM

Dust looked at the other girl. He waved at her.
Then, he remembered why he was here.
He laid back in the dust, and closed his eyes.

Female
666 posts

decks123456 • 23 June 2011 at 11:21 PM

she watched as dust plopped back down into the sand, no doubt feeling miserable. none of them wanted to do this, putting so much danger on themselves. Oraleen sighed. "how long again till we leave?"