The Official Species Rerelease Discussion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Should Retired Cave/Cash Shop Creatures Be Re-released?

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 October 2015 at 12:29 PM

I still think there should be a special shop which has all the retired creatures available at all times, but you'd only be able to buy them using special points you accumulate by visiting the website every day.

Creature prices would be based on how old the creature is and how it was released. The prices would also be high, it should take some effort to get retired creatures. This would keep rarities both from dropping enormously on rerelease and from rising so far creatures become unattainable.

This would allow players to get any creature, but not all creatures. It would be utterly impossible to save up for a full set, so there'd still be plenty of incentive to trade. I just think everyone should be able to get their dream pets...

Female
865 posts

netherling • 25 October 2015 at 2:12 PM

@leafyos
We've talked about a raffle before, and yeah, I like the idea. I just wish some users wouldn't be so....closed to the idea. Like there's a way to make it fair for everyone.

738 posts

dragonnn • 25 October 2015 at 7:03 PM

A thought inspired by @dionaea 's post:

The rare creature shop's currency -(could be a special egg coin)- could be received from clicking in the Click Exchange, with a very low drop rate. I recall a system like this from the click critters website.

This incentive could motivate more people to use the Click Exchange too.

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 25 October 2015 at 8:22 PM

@dragonnn

I like that idea, it would help people's creatures evolve/immortalize faster at the same time which would be super helpful to a lot of users

Female
387 posts

tetraethylammonium • 25 October 2015 at 10:30 PM

@dragonnn
Like falling_silence said, that would be helpful in evolving creatures but it may also tempt users to break the "clicking from only one IP" rule.

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 26 October 2015 at 12:26 AM

@dionaea

I really like this idea, I think it would be a fair way for people to achieve their dream pets by putting in enough work to get them^^

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 26 October 2015 at 1:23 AM

The rarest pets belong to people who will never trade them, although they may be tempted to do so if you cough up an unhealthily large amount of real life money. The majority of Doovoo, in fact, belong to a single account, so good luck getting one.

I don't see why EC can't re-release retired pets that are 5 years old or more.

Female
2,299 posts

metaphor • 26 October 2015 at 3:53 PM

@mrsgiggles

Yes, that is just the thing! It makes no sense to fret over a lot of these scarce creatures "flooding the market" because 1. a lot of people who will buy them will probably keep them for themselves and not trade anyway, 2. If the creatures stay in as high demand as they are now, they will quickly be traded (see Christmas re-release).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 26 October 2015 at 4:01 PM

Thank you everyone, we appreciate all your opinions on this topic. Seeing that this topic has been open more than long enough for closing comments and in order to keep the same arguments from being rehashed over and over this topic is now closed.