The Official Species Rerelease Discussion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Should Retired Cave/Cash Shop Creatures Be Re-released?

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 29 July 2015 at 10:13 PM

@ami_utsukushii

why "*sigh*" are you disappointed?

what about the people that actually spent money to get creatures they want? that isn't very fair, if the creatures that they bought with real money are going to be re-released.

this is what it sounds like to me;

"nobody cares that you spent over $100 on a creature. we dont want u to be richer than us. equality 4evr"

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 10:18 PM

@rosaline_kaye
No, the sigh because we're not begging, or pleading, or throwing a fit over it, it's just something we want (the pro-rerelease people). I haven't seen any begging. And yeah, I see that, but like I and others said earlier, dont pay a price you think is way too much or unreasonable. If you paid the money that was your choice, and if they get re-released its not like they're going to be in the Cash Shop for 500 cc again with unlimited buys. It'd be monitored or watched in a way that it wouldn't happen. I know Ian will find a way to watch things if a re-release happens. All of the Egg Cave team will, since I know one was against it last year. She'll help make things fair.

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 29 July 2015 at 10:20 PM

From an anonymous non-supporter;

"The people that paid money are the ones we really need opinions from. They are the ones funding this game, and have spent money on getting creatures that they could only get through CC.

The people that have worked hard to get their creatures and stuff do deserve an opinion, but we need the opinion of everyone.

Especially the ones that support Eggcave through buying CC."

Completely agree.

Female
769 posts

dawnfur • 29 July 2015 at 10:21 PM

That I can't agree with.

I've spent over $100 on a creature. And as you can tell my her royal rantfullness, I didn't even get it. Still want rerelease.

It's like, yes I do feel ripped off I had to spend that much.. Do I want other people to face that? No. I'd feel better knowing it wouldn't be *as* bad in the future. The past is what it is: the past. We're supposed to look at it and move forward. o_e

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 29 July 2015 at 10:23 PM

Quoted from post #157 ;

"The past is what it is: the past. We're supposed to look at it and move forward. o_e"

Exactly. The past is the past. The old CSP creatures were in the past. Retired creatures are in the past. Missed your chance to get them? Find someone to trade with or something. The past is the past.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 29 July 2015 at 10:25 PM

@rosaline_kaye
Now that you bring it up I can't even think about all the money I spent on my coves!!!!! ._. >.<

I would hate to see it all go to waste and I have faith in EC if this was to happen that they would not waste my money that I spent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to see the re-released creatures having an equal chance to go to old and new users. I do NOT want to see things benefiting new users because that would be unfair to the rest of EC. I would like to see an equal chance new and old users get creatures they have always wanted. This should be for all of EC not just for newbies or people who do not spend money. It would be nice for people who have supported the site to get rewarded equally.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 29 July 2015 at 10:26 PM

I buy CC every month, usually the 45$ one and sometimes more in one month for trades. This month I spent $2oo.

I don't mind re-releases and welcome it x3

Though I don't think art contests. I make my money I use to buy CC from my art and know it's not fair at all for some because I know most on here probably can't draw.

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 29 July 2015 at 10:26 PM

@promise

I spent over $50+ for my cove. Mostly hoarding Pandais. ._. Worst decision ever.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 29 July 2015 at 10:26 PM

@ami_utsukushii

If you paid the money that was your choice, and if they get re-released its not like they're going to be in the Cash Shop for 500 cc again with unlimited buy

But we only traded for some of the ones we liked in the first place because we believed what Eggcave told us.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 10:27 PM

@rosaline_kaye
Oh sweet goodness. A lot of people have bought cave cash. I've spent a good amount of money on this site on different creatures together. I know over $200. But if my creatures were re-released I'd be fine with it only because yeah I spent money, but that was my choice. I dont want anyone else to feel like they shouldn't have spent that money. I'm happy with my cove now but I would love to have my dreamies. And if others dreamies are my creatures id want to see them have them

@despair
Well yeah I see that, a lot of users spend money. Some more than others. @immortalraven is a good example of that, she spends a lot but she's still open to a re-release, you guys should be more open to the idea like her.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 29 July 2015 at 10:31 PM

@despair

Good point. I would of never of thought of spending over 100$ for an Onny if there was a chance I could get one for free.

On a side note: Doesn't matter what bringing back creatures would indirectly effect the value since the demand would be going down and the supply going up. If this could be done in a way that would have a minimal impact that would be awesome.

Edit: I wish I could see my total I've spent in just CC. It's a whole lot more than most of EC has spent ._.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 29 July 2015 at 10:32 PM

@despair .. and you have the originals not the reissues :-P

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 29 July 2015 at 10:34 PM

@veritaspunk

That doesn't really mean anything. To me, anyways. xD Stolen from a different date they're still the same thing.

@promise

My point exactly. Although I kinda feel like doing something in moderation would be really hard...an unnecessary upkeep.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 10:34 PM

@veritaspunk
True. They have originals. People always want the originals instead of the re-makes. In a lot of cases.

@promise
With egg cave in sure they'll find a way to do it that everyone can agree with, and if not everyone, then a lot of people.

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 29 July 2015 at 10:34 PM

@veritaspunk

reissues of what now?

@promise

exactly. why spend $150 on a macbot when its going to be re-released for like, $10?

@ami_utsukushii

i'm not going to change my mind about this.

may i ask, what critters did you spend $200 on?

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 29 July 2015 at 10:34 PM

@veritaspunk

That doesn't really matter. There is '09 Roos and then newer ones. The 2009 Roos should be worth more since they are originals but no one seems to care they pay about the same price for the originals and the reissues.

I would think this would also be the case with these creatures.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 29 July 2015 at 10:37 PM

@promise I'd be interested in knowing how many more active users there are now in comparison to 09... I mean the low amount of Macbots in relation to users now I would think is quite stark ...

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 10:37 PM

@rosaline_kaye
I didn't. I wasn't going to spend my gas and food money on a creature I cant hold in my arms ^-^. As amazing as these creatures are, I had to put my needs before my wants. If my wants and needs can both be taken care of and I can spend $200 on wants then yeah, id spend that money on a creature. And when I said over $200 that's in creatures, freezes, travels, Venus and mars stones, etc. It's money regardless. I also had an account before this I spent CC on but they died before the resurrection stone...

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 29 July 2015 at 10:38 PM

@ami_utsukushii

I'm confused.

Quoting from post #163;

" I've spent a good amount of money on this site on different creatures together. I know over $200."

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 29 July 2015 at 10:39 PM

@ami_utsukushii

I truly trust Eggcave that they wouldn't do anything if it would ruin the economy. I think it could be possible to do this while making mostly everyone happy.

Everyone: This might not be easy to agree upon but we just have to be creative and a little more flexible.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 29 July 2015 at 10:41 PM

@ami_utsukushii

Also, telling me directly that I should be more open to the idea is a bit...strange. xD I have my own opinions and I'll stick to them.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 29 July 2015 at 10:42 PM

@veritaspunk

What does that have to do with value of originals over reissues? It doesn't matter how many users. The older creatures still should be valued higher but they are not so that is an indication that the reissues would still displace the value from the originals.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 10:44 PM

@promise
I think they can find a way to make everyone or almost everyone happy.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 29 July 2015 at 10:46 PM

@promise
I've probably spent close to you have or maybe more xD
I wish they had the order history when I started already so I'd know xD

---

I wish I had good ideas for this but I'm more creative in an artsy way not this o-o
--

Also I would trade a reissue + stuff for an original x3 I like my dates xD Like ones stolen on holidays and on the 1st. Though I do know most probably won't care as much of re-releases on here cause they just want one unlike other sites I'm on where people do actually trade for the older one x3

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 29 July 2015 at 10:47 PM

This is turning into a heated argument u_u"

We're discussing rereleases, both the pros and the cons. Rereleases aren't for certain yet and we're trying to figure out how we are to approach it, if it was to happen.

I think both sides have a good point. People are free to express their opinions, but lets try not to be accusatory towards each other. Please also consider why the other person is for/against.

I'm more concerned about how 'to work for' something that isn't in circulation anymore.

/skips away

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 29 July 2015 at 10:48 PM

@promise The early creatures had a disadvantage of opportunity due to egg cave being new, the exposure wasn't what it is now .... therefore the population of older creatures had an advantage to be "low population" ...

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 29 July 2015 at 11:09 PM

*munches popcorn*

This is really great you guys, I love reading the arguments back and forth because I don't really care either way. I'm mainly here for the community and such. However it has come to my attention that most of the users gunning for a no are users who have creatures of high value and want to retain that value. What's this? I've covered myself in b8, but before you sink your teeth in on my hook, hear me out. I'm not saying "Oh you just don't want this cauz ur a greedy jerk-nugget", I'm saying I understand that you worked hard for your valuable creatures and would like them to remain valuable. Also it seems the majority of users who would like this to be a thing have absolutely no chance of getting their dream coves. "Them yungins need ta work fer thar wants like I did" screams grandpa oldie. Guess what grandpa, they can't. You had it easier back in your day, because their was more available to you and not a slew of creatures like there is now. Js it's almost impossible for a new user to get a doovoo. "They just need to work hard for it" No no, they can't, it's just the way it is. Now I understand that this may affect the value of certain creatures. The desire to own a drakomo like at the oasis is not wholly based on the fact that it was rereleased. We must take into consideration that the drakomo was out for some time anyway and most users who wanted one already got one. Let's switch over to the butthurt inducing christmas rerelease, where users site-wide forgot to wear their big girl panties. I'm aware that the values changed a little, but you're still getting plenty of bang for your buck if you have one. Most have resettled and retained a lot of their initial rarity. It appears that the main argument for the no-voters is the slogan that states that the creatures will retire forever. I see this circulating through most of the nay-sayers posts. Basically stating, be a man eggcave, men keep their word. That's kind of a richard move you guys, imo. It's human nature though, I get it, I do. The kings don't want the peasants rising up to become kings also, because then what meaning does kingship hold? I'd say this war shouldn't be won in favor of either side, a peace treaty is in order! Mayhaps when creatures are rereleased, you don't get varios cave attempts throughout the day (assuming something was rereleased in the cave), rather you only get 5 attempts a day throughout the duration of the event (let's say a small window, 3 days?) Now I do believe that cave rereleases should be rereleased in the cave (I'll be referring to rerelease as rr from this poing on, I"m sure you're smart enough to deduce if I mean rerelease or rereleased) and CC creatures should be rr in the cash shop. Wait, actually I'm not sure if that's how it should go down, because what about the little john does and mary sues who can't purchase cc? How about this, the CC creatures are released in a limited quantity for a price exceeding 500cc. Let's say 2k. Now this is going to be a thorn in the sides of the fellows who can't buy cc, as earlier stated, which will cause bitterness between those who can and those who can't. Cans vs Cants. Naturally the older users who have their funds in order will snatch up a bulk of the CC creatures that are rr in this manner, leaving the non cc buyers bitter. Now what about this? Loyalty points!! Sounds weird I know and this is open to discussion. Perhaps so the sting is softened for the older users, the longer you have been on eggcave/contributed/purchased cc/etc you are awarded with loyalty points. Loyalty points which are used to purchase rr's, among other things possibly. That way the newbies will have to put in a tab more work and the oldies will be satisfied with their ability to still obtain a higher amount of rr's. Now I know it sounds like I'm thrown most of my apples into the "yes" barrel, but really it could go both ways. I could say Yes, I love this idea because it gives users a chance to get what they want without struggling/quitting because of the difficulty. I could say NO WAY, a lot of people spent hard earned cash and clocked in a lot of man hours slaving away behind a screen, seated comfortably in a chair, slightly moving their arms and fingers to navigate the site and get the creatures they desire. Overall, should've we be happy that people are having fun and getting the creatures they've always wanted? Eggcave is about fun and community. It's about expressing yourself through your cove and profile and player interaction. Sure there's always the rush and challenge of getting hard to obtain creatures. The satisfaction of getting something you know nobody else can get. We're humans, we love that. Life's short though, this is an adoptables site. Think what you may, I'm pretty sure most of you will grow out of playing this or quit, leaving your rares behind to be unobtainable. The next generation of users deserve the change to have good stuff too. Perhaps they discovered eggcave recently and happily skipped over to the archive only to discover that those awesome creatures they want are no long available. That's kind of sad y'know. Nobody likes to be sad. Excuse this massive wall of text, I was too lazy to split it into sections. Just venting my opinions on the matter.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 11:13 PM

I'm just staying on the supporting side or re-releases. Back then is a whole heck of a lot different than now. You have to take that into account too.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 29 July 2015 at 11:15 PM

You also have to take into account that Eggcave said they wouldn't do it anymore. xD Like I said, seems a bit odd 6 years in.

Even if you want things to change for the "better", I feel this is still a pretty sound argument to stand behind.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 29 July 2015 at 11:20 PM

Better late than never xD I'd we waited longer like you said then that's even later than 6 years @depair