The Official Species Rerelease Discussion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Should Retired Cave/Cash Shop Creatures Be Re-released?

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 31 July 2015 at 12:28 AM

@dragonnn

This is why some sort of manual account linking feature needs to be added. If your side account was linked to your main account with this new feature whenever you logged onto any of the accounts in the link it would register as you logged into all of them.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 31 July 2015 at 12:57 AM

@dragonnn @despair
I suggested something like this Here. It has examples also.

The whole purging idea is kind of horrifying, it'll be like forcing users to perform a task in order to keep the creatures in which they've obtained (by luck, CC, etc) in their coves. This topic about re-releases as a whole is very broad, and it has me thinking lol.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 31 July 2015 at 1:04 AM

@fakeworld

The idea is a bit off-putting but I certainly agree with it more than this re-release stuff.

And yeah, it is a task you have to do. But, I mean, it's not hard all. xD You have 2 years to log in and out. xD

Female
869 posts

netherling • 31 July 2015 at 2:21 AM

My main problem is the crazy prices. If the prices were lowered then id be happy. I'd be able to get my dreamies without spending a stupid amount of money. If you're gonna trade a creature, do it reasonably. I'm not going to want to give you my paycheck + five of my creatures to get one creature. Because last time I checked, 125?1. 1=1. I would die if I got my dream cove, but I NEVER want to look back and wish id spent all that money on something different. I don't want to regret it is all. Think of....spending $200 on a pair of shoes (or whatever) and getting no receipt, then going to the grocery store the next day and going...."Well, I guess I screwed up."

EDIT: WAIT SOME THINGS JUST OCCURRED TO ME.
1.)People want certain stages of creatures, and that's going to get impossible to obtain. Creatures cant change stages backwards obviously so that's going to affect trading. So...then what?
And 2.) No one should pay tons of CC for an old cave creature, only (if any) for an old cash shop creature. But if they did then...that's no good. Regardless, shouldn't we discuss separately the old cave and cash shop creature prices? Or things related to them individually?

Female
28 posts

aquari • 31 July 2015 at 10:26 AM

May be if it was done during a special time for a day or two like Egg Cave b-day or beginning of the year. It could be a different creature each time.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 31 July 2015 at 1:19 PM

@aquari
Yeah it could be like that.

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 31 July 2015 at 1:50 PM

@ian

I am eagerly waiting for you to address concerns or give us an update on your thinking.

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 1 August 2015 at 4:32 AM

I agree, it would be interesting to see your input in all these ideas @ian

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 1 August 2015 at 3:00 PM

My response will be posted within the next couple of days. There's a lot of ground to cover here.

Thanks for your continued patience.

38 posts

jrtalon • 1 August 2015 at 3:42 PM

@dragonnn brings up a good point regarding side accounts & my suggestion that eggs in an account get recirculated if the user doesn't sign-in after a year or two. There would definitely have to be a measure to link side accounts to a main account & only the main account would be required to sign in.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 1 August 2015 at 3:43 PM

@jrtalon

Agreed.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 1 August 2015 at 4:56 PM

@metaphor @ian @leonx

I agree holding a retired creature raffle would be a beneficial idea, that way the raffle can distribute a certain amount of retired creatures that way the creature is obtainable but their values wont be lowered a tremendous amount. The raffles can cost a certain amount of ec or cc depending on the creature and the person can only enter once and are unable to enter the raffle on their side.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 1 August 2015 at 9:07 PM

@jrtalon
I honestly do think the purging thing is a good idea depending on how it's carried out. If the y do end up doing that I wonder how they'll do it.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 1 August 2015 at 9:15 PM

@jrtalon
Love your idea.
I think it should be after 2 years though. If they don't log in all the creatures get dumped into the adoption center. Same thing with accounts being deleted. Creatures that are in deleted accounts should also be put into the adoption center.
Would help with recirulation

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 1 August 2015 at 9:16 PM

@newlife

Yep. I agree with this idea much more than the idea of just flat out re-releasing stuff. 😋

38 posts

jrtalon • 1 August 2015 at 9:58 PM

@ami_utsukushii @newlife I was just thinking here there would also have to be a measure to prevent one person from harvesting all the good eggs if I cove gets dumped. It would be extremely unfair if a cove with a Macbot, Doovoo, Nym & Clous got dumped and one person came by and got them all. I would put one every 24hr limit so the first person that sees it has their pick but can't get all.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 1 August 2015 at 10:04 PM

@jrtalon
That's actually even more brilliant.. There should be a way to stop people from getting it on their sides too. Maybe 1 creature per deleted account? That only applies if it's LEs/CCs that get dumped, so people can still adopt cave monthlies and commons.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 1 August 2015 at 11:21 PM

@jrtalon
I think that if you already have one of the creatures (like if you have a Macbot) and you see one in the adoption center (if this happens) that you can't get it because you should give someone else a chance to get that one. There should actually be pages of creatures you can scroll through to find the one creature you want. Or like....different tabs to different types of creatures, like cave commons in one, CCs in another, and so forth. And it should be updated in real time, or if a creature is in the process of being adopted its picture turns light so you cant just snatch it out from under people like travels and foods in the stores. I hate seeing a travel and starting to buy it, then it saying I was too late >.< like I'm sorry I didn't know.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 1 August 2015 at 11:38 PM

@poptarts

I liked the loyalty points system mentioned several pages back

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 2 August 2015 at 12:00 AM

@veritaspunk

Could you quote the post? (Or just copy and paste)
I didn't read some of the pages

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 2 August 2015 at 12:06 AM

I took that as a jocular remark, but I could be wrong...?
Quoted:
"This is really great you guys, I love reading the arguments back and forth because I don't really care either way. I'm mainly here for the community and such. However it has come to my attention that most of the users gunning for a no are users who have creatures of high value and want to retain that value. What's this? I've covered myself in b8, but before you sink your teeth in on my hook, hear me out. I'm not saying "Oh you just don't want this cauz ur a greedy jerk-nugget", I'm saying I understand that you worked hard for your valuable creatures and would like them to remain valuable. Also it seems the majority of users who would like this to be a thing have absolutely no chance of getting their dream coves. "Them yungins need ta work fer thar wants like I did" screams grandpa oldie. Guess what grandpa, they can't. You had it easier back in your day, because their was more available to you and not a slew of creatures like there is now. Js it's almost impossible for a new user to get a doovoo. "They just need to work hard for it" No no, they can't, it's just the way it is. Now I understand that this may affect the value of certain creatures. The desire to own a drakomo like at the oasis is not wholly based on the fact that it was rereleased. We must take into consideration that the drakomo was out for some time anyway and most users who wanted one already got one. Let's switch over to the butthurt inducing christmas rerelease, where users site-wide forgot to wear their big girl panties. I'm aware that the values changed a little, but you're still getting plenty of bang for your buck if you have one. Most have resettled and retained a lot of their initial rarity. It appears that the main argument for the no-voters is the slogan that states that the creatures will retire forever. I see this circulating through most of the nay-sayers posts. Basically stating, be a man eggcave, men keep their word. That's kind of a richard move you guys, imo. It's human nature though, I get it, I do. The kings don't want the peasants rising up to become kings also, because then what meaning does kingship hold? I'd say this war shouldn't be won in favor of either side, a peace treaty is in order! Mayhaps when creatures are rereleased, you don't get varios cave attempts throughout the day (assuming something was rereleased in the cave), rather you only get 5 attempts a day throughout the duration of the event (let's say a small window, 3 days?) Now I do believe that cave rereleases should be rereleased in the cave (I'll be referring to rerelease as rr from this poing on, I"m sure you're smart enough to deduce if I mean rerelease or rereleased) and CC creatures should be rr in the cash shop. Wait, actually I'm not sure if that's how it should go down, because what about the little john does and mary sues who can't purchase cc? How about this, the CC creatures are released in a limited quantity for a price exceeding 500cc. Let's say 2k. Now this is going to be a thorn in the sides of the fellows who can't buy cc, as earlier stated, which will cause bitterness between those who can and those who can't.

Cans vs Cants. Naturally the older users who have their funds in order will snatch up a bulk of the CC creatures that are rr in this manner, leaving the non cc buyers bitter. Now what about this? Loyalty points!! Sounds weird I know and this is open to discussion. Perhaps so the sting is softened for the older users, the longer you have been on eggcave/contributed/purchased cc/etc you are awarded with loyalty points. Loyalty points which are used to purchase rr's, among other things possibly. That way the newbies will have to put in a tab more work and the oldies will be satisfied with their ability to still obtain a higher amount of rr's

. Now I know it sounds like I'm thrown most of my apples into the "yes" barrel, but really it could go both ways. I could say Yes, I love this idea because it gives users a chance to get what they want without struggling/quitting because of the difficulty. I could say NO WAY, a lot of people spent hard earned cash and clocked in a lot of man hours slaving away behind a screen, seated comfortably in a chair, slightly moving their arms and fingers to navigate the site and get the creatures they desire. Overall, should've we be happy that people are having fun and getting the creatures they've always wanted? Eggcave is about fun and community. It's about expressing yourself through your cove and profile and player interaction. Sure there's always the rush and challenge of getting hard to obtain creatures. The satisfaction of getting something you know nobody else can get. We're humans, we love that. Life's short though, this is an adoptables site. Think what you may, I'm pretty sure most of you will grow out of playing this or quit, leaving your rares behind to be unobtainable. The next generation of users deserve the change to have good stuff too. Perhaps they discovered eggcave recently and happily skipped over to the archive only to discover that those awesome creatures they want are no long available. That's kind of sad y'know. Nobody likes to be sad. Excuse this massive wall of text, I was too lazy to split it into sections. Just venting my opinions on the matter."

eidt: I'm also too lazy to split it.

edit:2actually, I'll just highlight that loyalty point part.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 2 August 2015 at 12:09 AM

@newlife

It's in the post by plague ( #179 )

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 12:20 AM

@iceiceice
I like that post xD it made me laugh but also pointed out a lot of good points. Some were meh but others were super right.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 2 August 2015 at 1:18 AM

That does sound EXACTLY what Plague would say omg.

But I think the loyalty program is something we can go over.

Like logging in for a set amount of days, feeding creatures, going to the click exchange, participating in the forums, etc. This would help Eggcave be a bit more lively.

The loyalty shop could have creatures, but only a set amount of them. Like, 3 CCs only, and one per account.

If anyone can add anything to it or give ideas, much appreciated. I think this is a good way to go about things.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 1:35 AM

I wonder how its all gonna work out xD

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 2 August 2015 at 1:38 AM

It sounds interesting 😱

When you say they have creatures, are they creatures exclusive to the shop, current CC creatures, or...

So far, I like more events, raffles, and recirculation. This sounds interesting as well though. 😸

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 2 August 2015 at 1:43 AM

@iceiceice
They could be both ^^

I think it's best to put all possible ideas on the table, so we can figure out what the community likes as a whole.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 1:45 AM

The idea I suggested up there, with the adoption tabs, could work. With a limit of course lol @newlife

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 2 August 2015 at 1:46 AM

Yay~! If all of these are implemented, I would be really happy ^O^

I'll try to find posts where other ideas are mentioned so you don't have to stalk through them. Give me some time.

So far, other alternative or ideas:
1. Rare Cave Creatures #94
2. Events
3. Raffle #126 + Elsewhere
4. Loyalty Program #179 + More info
5. Account Purging #237
-Side Account Linking #272 + Example
- Adoption Tabs #290

I like making everything neat owo
Also, I dunno how to do that "go-to-a-specific-comment-thing"

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 2 August 2015 at 1:50 AM

@ami_utsukushii
-Casually goes back up to read what you said because awful memory-
Oh

I think it is a good idea, but it would require a lot of coding work from the team, which would take some time to implement.

I think restricting getting a creature if you have it should only apply to CCs and LEs. Cave monthlies and commons would be excluded from this.

But having the creature not having nabbed under you would be an okay thing by me, but some people actually like the nabbing business,