The Official Species Rerelease Discussion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Should Retired Cave/Cash Shop Creatures Be Re-released?

682 posts

werewolf • 30 July 2015 at 5:51 AM

What if a special day was created where by completing say tasks or a treasure hunt like easter and as a reward for doing so at the end you get a random egg. it could be anything from anciently old creatures to a common cave creature

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 30 July 2015 at 5:59 AM

@noah

I 100% agree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What some people are failing to see is that older users like me still can't really get their hands on all the creatures we want either. If I wanted to trade for the Onny that I have always wanted then I would have to trade creatures that it took me forever to get and that I am quite fond of. It's not like older users are complaining because it just benefits new users. We are not that selfish. We simply want to make sure our time and money isn't wasted. I think that is a reasonable thing to do. We are not greedy to want that. I believe that this can happen in a way that benefits new and old users while not totally changing how eggcave works. Certain controlled releases can benefit everyone if done correctly.

The only reason I am slightly against this is because users are suggesting ways that multiple rare creatures could be released overnight. I do not want that at all. If this can be done on a smaller scale I am all for it.

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 30 July 2015 at 6:48 AM

"As I keep saing, we can live without getting a Doovoo egg" Is this real? I'd prefer not to read it. I don't think it's a good point, but ok. We can live without a Doovoo, but you (that have one) can't live with other people getting it as well? Just because you have one, it doesn't mean everybody else can't have the chance.

I agree with @wererage.

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 30 July 2015 at 10:18 AM

I can't believe the slogan is still being milked.

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 30 July 2015 at 10:30 AM

Seems like the re-release is inevitable now ._.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 30 July 2015 at 10:45 AM

Thanks to everybody who has participated in this discussion thus far. My intention of opening this discussion was to hear how our players feel about the idea of rereleases. To put everybody at ease, I will mention that the opening of this topic does not indicate that we have plans for rereleases. Rereleases aren't inevitable because of the presence of this topic. It's just here for open and frank discussion to see what people think; no decisions have been made and this is not a discussion opened by me to attempt to sway people toward any side.

At the moment, I am currently drafting a response to address the major concerns that have been voiced thus far. But it's proving to take longer than I anticipated. Thanks for your patience.

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 30 July 2015 at 10:46 AM

@Ian

Thank you for the clarification. I await this.. response.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 30 July 2015 at 10:49 AM

As am I. Adressing the major concerns appears to be directed at the non-supporters, so there's that. o-o

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 30 July 2015 at 10:49 AM

Same here. I would also like to hear more people's opinions. There has been a lot of users who haven't voiced their opinions or ideas.

105 posts

maleficent • 30 July 2015 at 11:55 AM

Do think a happy medium could be found. Trying to think of how it could be done as I showed and stated how Subeta did their Cash Vouchers which is now implemented on here.

Did love how Egg Cavern raffled off creatures 😊 It could be done on a bigger level here?? If you won that creature you can not go for it again when it comes up again. Or you can win an auction only a few times a year or something. Every one has a shot at trying for creatures. You had to "work" for it. For me clicking endlessly is boring but I do it cause I have to get my creatures Immortal and I did it to win a creature. It's still not a 100% guarantee either that you will win. Yes people will complain as they did with those raffles. It's going to happen. People don't have time, they forgot, it did not end in their time zone, etc.

I play on other sites where things are implemented then changed. Despite stateing things will not change lol Inevitable. Guess cause I've been around when online gaming started it's not something I take at value. Why I play knowing things will and can change. It has too for the better of the gaming community. It also happens via Gaming Platforms too. Love the fact my son is able to play games I used to play 😊

Very happy that the possibitly of change could be coming and thankful that Ian is looking at the possibilities 😃

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 30 July 2015 at 11:58 AM

@maleficent

Hm...I actually kinda like the raffle idea every once in a while. 😸 As long as it's done in moderation, of course.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 30 July 2015 at 12:14 PM

I don't know how to explain this, but if you was to look at Egg Cave in time frames, you'd realize that certain creatures that's being released now would become just as rare as the ones that was released in 2012, 2011, etc as time gradually go on. This is just a personal belief. Who would have thought that half of the creatures that is considered extremely rare today would have been rare on the day that they were released? Am I the only one with this perspective?

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 30 July 2015 at 12:16 PM

@fakeworld

I agree completely. xD

Female
2,296 posts

kollais • 30 July 2015 at 12:35 PM

First of all, I'd definitely say YES to re-realises.

I think we need it. Community is getting bigger, everyone is in love with Onny\Tine\Macbot etc., but we still have so little of them, while number of people, who want to have them is growing. My opinion is that re-realises are a good thing if implemented carefully. It'll keep chances on getting some rare creatures at acceptable rate.
Also, it's a good thing for newbies. If you see a site, where you have 0% chance on getting most creatures you really like, you won't stay on such site.
Re-realising is not about giving everybody a free Doovoo, it's about increasing chances of getting it by trade.

I like ideas about limiting of re-released creatures per account (but mods should be aware of abusing it with side accounts), and anniversary present (this would stimulate people to stay longer here).

And one remark: CC creatures should only be available for the same or bigger amount of CC.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 30 July 2015 at 1:43 PM

@kollais
I mean, the population of users is growing and the population of certain creatures is dwindling... No one is saying do the April Fools joke again but real this time. No one wants that. People just want a chance to get these creatures at a reasonable price. So yeah, you're right.

Everyone just think about it: All of you have a creature you want, and if you don't eventually there may be one you discover you really like but don't have. With a re-release it could benefit everyone. You could get something you've wanted for a while or a really long time. Be open minded. There's a way this could be done reasonably. Don't assume the worst, because there's a small chance the absolute worst would come from a re-release. Some of you act like every creature in existence on this site will become about as rare as a Tasma. That's not going to happen =_=

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 30 July 2015 at 1:51 PM

I could get what I wanted by trading. ._. Just because I couldn't get what I wanted doesn't mean EC should re-release it so I can get it without much effort.

Stop telling us to be open minded about this. I'm a firm non-supporter.

EC should just release some events so newbs can get some trading fodder, so they can have a jump start on their dream cove, I guess.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 30 July 2015 at 1:57 PM

@rosaline_kaye
Everyone who's a supporter has been stressing that there would obviously be work involved in getting these creatures. Of course effort will be put into it. It's not like all we'll have to do is buy them and *poof* dream cove in a week. It's not like they're handouts, free for all, freebies. You can still be a firm non-supporter, no one is telling you not to be.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 30 July 2015 at 2:04 PM

@ami_utsukushii

You can still be a firm non-supporter, no one is telling you not to be.

Well, to be fair, you do keep saying to have an open mind. 😋 From our perspective, we could ask you the same thing. 😋

Female
869 posts

netherling • 30 July 2015 at 2:28 PM

@despair
I've stated before that I understand where you're coming from being a non supporter. I get why you don't want it to happen. But since I'm a supporter, though I am open minded, I still see good in this happening.

105 posts

maleficent • 30 July 2015 at 3:06 PM

Back then there was not even a vote about if re-releasing should not happen. Was that fair??? Nope so at least this time there is some talking about it. At least those who don't support get that. So it's not always fair so lets keep that in mind when talking about fairness 😊

Just think if it kept happening we would not be having this discussion 😋

I do hope that if it happens people will see how benefical it is 😊 Seen it over and over again and it works.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 30 July 2015 at 3:59 PM

@ami_utsukushii

"No one is saying do the April Fools joke again but real this time. No one wants that."

- I would :-), but more around CRW once a year for cave only creatures.

2,802 posts

elf • 30 July 2015 at 4:29 PM

(Mainly Focusing On Cave Creatures NOT CSPs)
I think a re-release could be beneficial if done rarely and in small amounts ^^ I remember when the Eggcavern Raffle was going on, many users were more active, (Or stalking the Account) and it helped people to be able to get some of their dream creatures. (Myself included) I think if the Re-release was in a special event, that'd probably bring lots of attention and help Eggcave's economy as a whole.

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 30 July 2015 at 4:34 PM

I'm happy that this has overall been a pretty friendly debate. 😊

I would also like to chime in that I would not want to see old LEs released into the cave for several days in large numbers. I don't think that that would be beneficial to anyone. I just think that there is some way--a raffle, contest, quest, etc.--to make it work--a gray area.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 30 July 2015 at 4:35 PM

@veritaspunk
Lol yeah well, I meant month long xD I found a "Goblar" and I had a panic attack I was so happy lol then I saw the blog post and that "goblar" turned into a Suckerlop

38 posts

jrtalon • 30 July 2015 at 8:03 PM

No, I definitely don't support re-releasing people bought these with the idea that they would be "retired forever" that's grossly unfair to people who supported this site by spending their hard earned money to get a creature that's suppose to be unique and special. Off course people who want a retired creature is going to vote yes. But you risk alienating the people who support your site by buying CC creatures.

I would like to propose an alternate solution. Implement a 1 year sign-in policy. Everyone is required to sign-in at least once every 360 days. If 360 days pass and the member hasn't signed in then their eggs will be put back into circulation ,so to speak, in the following manner

1. Common eggs will be up for grabs in the adoption center.
2. Retired commons, CC creatures, LE would go to the adoption center. Retired commons would have a donation fee of between 10,000-250,000EC randomly applied. LE between 250,000 - 1m EC and CC creatures would require a donation between 500-1500CC per creature randomly applied.

This way the rarity of creatures won't change but new people potentially will have a shot at getting a good creature without having to trade their whole cove or give someone 5000 - 10000 in CC for one creature and you still keep the promise of retired forever since you're not releasing a creature per say rather just making a current creature available again.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 30 July 2015 at 8:14 PM

@jrtalon
Your alternate solution sounds cool, but scary. What if someone or you for instance, decides to return after a year+ hiatus (I have seen these massive breaks happen before) and someone else all of sudden owns one of your favorite creature(s)? I don't think a lot of people would enjoy this lol.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 30 July 2015 at 8:18 PM

@jrtalon

I would rather compromise with the cave creatures only and through event based opportunity, rather than your proposal ...

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 30 July 2015 at 8:29 PM

Personally I'm against the whole idea of rereleasing creatures no matter the limited quantities some might be in right now.

It's a real honor to own some of Ark's more valuable and scarce creatures. And although nothing in my cove can add up to the higher tiers of rarity, I've worked hard to get where I am with my cove right now, and I'd be devastated if my cove lowers in value because of rereleasing making older critter available once more.

Should anything like this happen, it's completely out of my control. Though I still wish to give in my two sense. Should anything get rereleased, it should be the CC critters; and they should be twice as expensive to purchase then on their day on initial release. I feel this would help keep the rarity index stable for the most part, should the critter be more costly to buy past it's prime.

Sorry for the text-wall-ish post, I'm just really passionate about this topic.

-Kisa ❤️

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 30 July 2015 at 8:38 PM

@jrtalon

Agree with this 100%

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 30 July 2015 at 8:39 PM

I think if we take from accounts that have been inactive is unfair like how that was suggested for taking names from accounts that haven't been active for awhile even if there are some names I'd die to have like the name Chris but if that person ever does come back it'd be a terrible disappointment. And losing such rare critters would probably be worse feeling than losing names. I know some that have come back from a year being away. Also what if that happened to you cause you needed a break or school was more important at the time or loss of internet and such due to many reasons from losing their job to moving to who knows what o-o