The Official Species Rerelease Discussion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Should Retired Cave/Cash Shop Creatures Be Re-released?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 2 August 2015 at 9:17 PM

I just want to visit the loyalty thing one more time (not going into what y'all arguing about)

Note: We would need side accounting linking though, to make full use of this.

The loyalty program would reward members for participating in the community. Examples:
-posting on forums (posts in the game forum would not count, and the posts have to be about 2-3 sentences long to count, so no spam happens)
-feeding creatures
-using the click exchange regularly
-logging in daily
-participating in the Wall and the Alkub Races

You could also get points for going to the cave or buying items. You could also get some from finding an asteroid creature or managing to get a Thief Shop creature (again, this does not have to be added)

There would be a shop where you could cash your points in for loyalty shop exclusive creatures and even be able to get the current CCs of the month, but being limited to one per account (for the CCs anyways, per month) You can also get travels and possibly CC travels too

This does relate to re-releases because it would help people build up value in their cove and be able to trade for rarer and retired creatures.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 9:23 PM

When Egg Cave started I was only like....11 years old. I couldn't even ask to get cash shop creatures when I joined, so I missed out on my dreamies and then some.

@scorch_cloud222 has a point too :/ for years its been the same. I've seen a lot of people putting up the argument "that small percentage of people run everything", and it kinda looks like that. Yes egg cave did say the creatures retired forever, but when the older users eventually move on (when jobs, families, and bills finally take all their time) they leave all their creatures in their coves as "museums" and then what? Some find time to stay but after a while....

@promise
eventually something's going to happen when CSPs are going to be completely unobtainable after a certain year. It really looks like the users who don't support are saying "We'd rather the creatures die out in a few years than them be rereleased". It could be dome responsibly but that's how it is. But they're happy now so they don't care :/ whatever tho I guess.

@veritaspunk
I love this site a lot, but...sometimes I really wonder if its more about the fun or about minority opinion. Although important, its still minority opinion. Yeah the site is keeping their word like those five users that were active in this kept stressing, but the other 9+ that want the CSPs back are seeing that that word keeping is also going to cause an eventual die out. I've had three family members start and quit after seeing how much certain creatures costed in CC. So with what you've been saying, I see what you mean.

So overall, if you're going to trade a creature for 9200 CC or anything around that, dont even try to trade it. That's like..."hey look what I have that you want! But you don't have enough to get it." Dont even put it uft if you're gonna do that. You have what you want, so keep it unless you're going to put it up for a reasonable price. Because if you don't want CC you're going to want a creature that we dont have. >.< I've stressed this but it doesn't matter apparently, its gonna keep happening.

@poptarts and I just saw your ping, I guess that a lot of people wont guess the same exact numbers in the right sequence. It'd be hard to do that.

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 2 August 2015 at 9:34 PM

@ami_utsukushii
Same here! I started when I was really young. I was attracted to all the pretty creatures and was excited to collect them.

But I wasn't really concerned with the values or "retired forever" thing, the slogan never crossed my mind. Whenever I have found an exclusive creature, I was just glad I got one. I just like and wanted the creatures 😃 Though some people, as mentioned, bought/collected those creatures because of the slogan, so I guess I have to consider that too. uwu"

@newlife
I like it so far 😃 I also would like special travel(s) from there too. Though, if it was going to happen, I would like the side-account-linking to happen.

For the thief shop/mysterious asteroid: I think we should get points for participating in it, but not finding a creature (we're already rewarded with a creature...plus I have bad luck).

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 2 August 2015 at 9:35 PM

@iceiceice
Yes, the side account linking would have to be implemented. The travels sounds good to me too, we could put some of thE CC travels in too

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 9:36 PM

@rosaline_kaye

Ok yeah, we get that. I have never gotten angry through this whole entire thing, but you have upset me now. I'm saying this as politely as I can possibly say this, but you got what you wanted. No need to come back and add anything extra. Or state anything we already obviously know. So good day. Night. Whatever the time makes it. Night here.

@iceiceice
Yeah >.< it sucks to see that things aren't gonna change a whole lot. What is changing is good at least though

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 2 August 2015 at 9:39 PM

@ami_utsukushii

These sites are really created for an exclusive niche lifestyle, a sort of fashionable aristocracy it's not really meant to accommodate a very broad spectrum, at least that's my "experience" ... maybe by 2020 eh ? ...

@rosaline_kaye

you stay classy now

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 2 August 2015 at 9:43 PM

TBH I'm surprised the account-linking thing hasn't been a feature xD

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 August 2015 at 9:46 PM

While it is ok to discuss account linking and loyalty perks in relation to re-releases please try not to get too off-topic. If you would like to discuss these two things more in depth please make separate topics for it.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 9:46 PM

@veritaspunk
Kinda feels like it... I mean, it should run by majority vote. More democracy xD so like, yeah.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 2 August 2015 at 9:52 PM

@ami_utsukushii long live wild west virtual feudalism I guess ...

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 2 August 2015 at 10:09 PM

@ami_utsukushii

I do not see why you should be upset with rosaline she did not say anything wrong she was just thanking ian not trying to rub it in your face, because Ian did state that the CSP would be gone forever and people did pay real life money expecting them to never return.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 10:17 PM

@veritaspunk
Looks like it :/
I would've loved to see people get a real shot at their dreamies. Not this tiny percentage chance. That's...awful actually. If I were to decide to spend all my birthday money on CC I could get my dreamies, but the thing about that is that I'm not going to do that because i need clothing, food, etc. I could work up to it but...that would take forever seeing as how people want more and more CC for these creatures. The main creature I wanted was a Nym. But most of them are on inactive accounts and not eggs or first stages so I can't get them... And I don't have $100 dollars on hand to just give. I'd spend roughly $240 dollars on my dreamies if I bought them all. And that's way waaaay too much money. I like what Plague said, about what their "hard work'' really was. And how they talk about how much money they spent. The money they chose to spend. I'm not going to spend money I will one day regret. Money doesnt grow on trees, nor is it easy to come across sadly... So looks like, at this rate, I'll at least get two or three of my dreamies within the next...three years. Maybe. Cause they were cave creatures. If that doesnt get messed up.

738 posts

dragonnn • 2 August 2015 at 10:18 PM

No plans have been entirely set in stone from what I can see, but I can expect that the older retired creatures will no longer be circulated in any way, correct?

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 2 August 2015 at 10:22 PM

@veritaspunk

I do not want to sound rude nor make you angry but I do sometimes think that if you are not satisfied with what a person says you should keep it to yourself because it's going to start problems and fights. No matter what decisions eggcave makes there are going to be people who will be unsatisfied and those whom are satisfied. But I do not believe it is appropriate to call someone a spoiled brat when you are unaware what goes on within their life. Tbh I honestly do not care what path eggcave decides to take.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 2 August 2015 at 10:26 PM

@dragonnn

We're still waiting for Ian's response on the matter of Cave Creatures. o:

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 2 August 2015 at 10:27 PM

@poptarts

I didn't cause the public muck slinging directed at opposing views, I only reacted .. maybe the one instigating the muck slinging could have shown your such regard and directed it in a PM .. but the person chose to speak public, and to a broad "target" .. I'm going to address it publicly ...

Female
769 posts

dawnfur • 2 August 2015 at 10:29 PM

If that's what Ian has decided, then I'll have to live with it. Doesn't mean I agree.

My reasoning for wanting the rerelease was because some creatures are only obtainable for people who have been here for years and got them when they were sold, for $5 or less. And most of them don't want to trade. The ones that do, want thousands of cc.

The eggcave ad that does (or used to?) show up shows some creatures that are adoptable. The ad brings in newbies who see it and say "i want that creature!" and then they come to realize they CAN'T get that. Because who's going to trade a Yuki for a Yeep? Even when they trade up, there's not a chance.

Eggcave has never said they didn't want more people, in fact I'd say we get so much new stuff and update so much in the hopes we'll draw more people in and keep the ones we do have. Building up the community.

But only so many creatures are available to trade for. I don't think older creature extinction is going to bring in new users. Even with new stuff, people will look at what you have, and they'll say, "why can't I have that?" And they'll try for it, they can try just as hard as you did, maybe even harder, but as time goes on, it won't matter.

Other sites rerelease RARE creatures, but we can't even rerelease ANYTHING because.. "oh, well.. you said so.. like six years ago." Exactly, SIX YEARS AGO. Things CHANGE. People CHANGE. Situations CHANGE. I honestly don't think Ian ever expected us to be this big, and like he said, they were never meant to be extinct altogether, or worth unobtainable amounts of EC or CC

I don't see the hate in a event or raffle. I mean, a DOOVOO EGG was given out for FREE for having the one billionth view. I didn't hear anyone complaining. And you can say "ohhh well it was only one and you guys want tons" we're not asking for tons of doovoo eggs, though? Like Ian said the distribution would be controlled, no 15000 tine eggs floating around.

While I do see the points of the other side, I'm trying to see what's best in terms of what eggcave hopes to accomplish. And running away potential users to add to our community because they didn't get here in 2009? I don't see that as the best thing. Before I quit, I did have the creatures I now want. I don't have them now and it's not because I "didn't try hard enough" or "didn't spend the time and money trying for them" I can't get them because it's not 2012. Nobody wants to trade them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because they knew they couldn't get another. Newer users should not be told no "well maybe you should have found us a couple years ago" or "you're not even trying hard enough, if you worked hard like me, you'd get it." because that's not fair to them, at all. and it's not true. you don't know how hard it is to work up until you've tried it. And I'm quite sure it's much harder to now than it was before.

I apologize if this is all over the place or I'm extremely late to be voicing my opinion, I've been busy and my eyes hurt and I'm just plain tired just looking at this screen. I'd appreciate it if a bunch of people didn't attack me all at once. I don't know if there's much else I want to say, so I don't know if there'd be much point to it, other than to bash my opinion.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 2 August 2015 at 10:37 PM

@dawnfur

I think this ( your above comments ) is the best post since Ian responded, :-)

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 2 August 2015 at 10:38 PM

@dawnfur
Yep! I agree 😃 Especially at the first part...and that last part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 August 2015 at 10:51 PM

Just remember nothing is set in stone. Who knows what will happen down the line if we decide to re-release creatures. If we are able to successfully re-release Cave creatures without everyone exploding we may open up the discussion again for CC creatures. This is going to be an on going process that is bound to change as we try out new things.

Female
726 posts

rosaline_kaye • 2 August 2015 at 10:52 PM

@veritaspunk

like poptarts said, I was thanking Ian and stating what he said earlier

😊

I don't understand why everyone is still mad about this. Chill out, omg.

Female
769 posts

dawnfur • 2 August 2015 at 10:52 PM

@veritaspunk

Thank you.. I wasn't sure if I was getting my point across or not. 😋

@iceiceice

So the whole thing? 😉
just kidding, which parts? It's kind of a wall to me. x.x

(also, saw you used double jeopardy. real mvp)

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 11:06 PM

For some reason what I said didn't post. But ok I lost my temper for a second. But I just think that that "hard work" they keep saying we need to do doesnt make sense. I said so much I ended up forgetting what all I said. But my main point was that Plague was right, that work they did wasn't really as hard as they make it out to be. Scrolling and clicking, debating and haggling. Etc. $20 back then bought a lot more than it does today. Today its like $1. And things cost way more now than they did back then. If I want my most wanted dreamie I have to give around 9200 CC. For one Nym. Someone is going to make almost $100 dollars off of me for one creature. Sorry if I think paying that much and getting one creature is messed up. Especially while the person I'm paying will get EIGHTEEN NEW CASH SHOP CREATURES off of me for the next however many months it takes them to spend it. Because 9000=18 for them. For me 9000=1. That's freaking crazy. Not to mention that's only one of my dreamies. I'll spend a LOT more combined to get the others. Some people just don't have the money to spend. Depends on a lot of aspects.

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 2 August 2015 at 11:10 PM

@rosaline_kaye

"Guys, just deal with it. CSP creatures are NEVER going to be rereleased. No point in complaining now.

How was this part replying to what Ian posted ?, Show me where he alluded to no talking about this anymore and to "chill out" ... and by this topic existing and not being locked shows that what ALL has expressed is not being treated with the crass disregard of mere "complaining" ...

"nothing is set in stone"

If you would like to discuss this I'd appreciate a PM rather than public discourse

Thanks.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 11:15 PM

@veritaspunk
There's so much wrong with the way some things go. I just want to see a big change... Fairness and equality mainly. Like what I said up there ^ that price isn't fair

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 August 2015 at 11:15 PM

Ok, both sides need to drop this now before it goes any further. I have deleted the posts that caused this strife and any further rudeness by anyone will result in official actions taken.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 2 August 2015 at 11:29 PM

First off, I woud like to say that if I have offended anyone with something I said, I apologize. I have tryed to be careful with my words and have only expressed my views on things. I haven't lost my temper or anything, but online it can be hard to tell the tone of a comment. Something could have come off as snarky when no attempt was being made.

That being said, people about to fly off the wall need to just calm down just a bit. Since this a discussion thread, opposing opinions are to be expected. Not trying to sound like some sort of authority, just another opinion. Pls dun destroy me.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 2 August 2015 at 11:33 PM

@Orderedchaos
Dont know if it was me too but I'm sorry >.<

I'm on like a debate team at school lol so I can get....super strongly opinionated. And a little heated. So if I upset anyone, sorries. I have a slight anger issue at times and like Despair said, it's hard to tell a tone online, they're mistaken sometimes.

2,802 posts

elf • 3 August 2015 at 9:24 AM

Overall though, Ian has to do what is best for the site, not just including existing members, but taking into account new members that join. I don't see much wrong with creatures being re-released if it's done responsibly. New members that come on usually find it pretty hard to get creatures they like, due to the fact that most of them would be old, expensive and rare. If there were events, where every single person had a shot at getting one of the older creatures, that would probably help the site to welcome new members here and give other members a chance at their dreams. On a lot of other Adoptables sites I have been on, usually if I find that it's impossible or very hard to achieve certain goals, I leave the site just a few days after I've joined. That has happened a couple of times for me, and I'm sure many times for Eggcave as well. If new members don't come to replace those who are quitting, the site might just die down. Compared to the time around when Eggcave had opened, it already has a bit. (Looking at old Blog Posts)

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 3 August 2015 at 10:16 AM

@leonx I agree in a way. Everything may be fun on our end, and Ian's sometimes, but for him, it's still a business that has to be ranned efficiently, and he's been doing a great job. People don't think about it in that way. The wrong choice could result in a long trend of failure. I like where this re-release thing is going sort of. I am able to see from both perspectives, the non-supporters and supporters. That's why I can't really debate or discuss as much. I'm sure everything would work out though and the best decision would be made.

The only reason the older blog posts have so many comments is because the forums wasn't as popular as they are now, and a lot of them were before the forums existed I believe.