@lightningfirefun
@redflipflap
@giggletheclownlovesya_xoxoxo
@power
@mirror
@_black3333_
@mythlight
@dream-within-a-dream

Hi everyone. I'm sorry we're meeting like this. I know this is confusing, and many of you are probably wondering what's happening. For those of you who don't know, I am luv's best friend for the past seven years, both on eggcave and off. She has asked me to come here and explain the current situation she's in with the following message, written by her:

"I'm afraid I have to postpone the secret Santa gift-giving date until after Christmas. I know, I know, it's awful. I hope you'll all forgive me if I aim for a New Year's Eve "Secret Santa" instead, to ring in 2018 with a bang.
I'm so sorry to send this through someone else, and I'm sorry this whole process has seemed disorganized, it was huge and a lot more work than I expected, but please don't think for a second that I haven't wholeheartedly appreciated all of you for participating, and I've truly enjoyed every step of this process. However, this has become an extremely overwhelming time for me.
One of my closest friends has recently been admitted to the hospital, she is unresponsive still and I am using the Internet that I have (when it is actually working properly, another fun situation) for updates. I have to take this time to be there for her family and our other friends, and my relatives in what has become an extremely busy time.
I am so sorry to all of you to be letting you down in this way. I send my fondest holiday wishes and the knowledge that I truly did not want to have to do this, you've all worked so hard and been absolutely amazing, and I've tried so hard to be here but it's just not fair to anyone around me to be pretending like I've got this totally under control right now when I know I haven't even gotten to many of your DMs in days.
Please have the Merriest Christmas for those who celebrate it, and overall, have a safe and happy holidays.
Sincerely,
Luv"

These are her exact words.

All that being said, I want to make it clear that we as a community should show nothing but love and kindness and support to @luv in this very difficult time for her. I know that it may be frustrating, but I hope that you can all be understanding and patient. If you are angry enough about this to the point where you feel like you need to make your frustrations heard, please come to me, not her right now.

If I missed anyone who is a part of the secret santa, please feel free to ping them so they get this message as well. Thank you in advance.

A very happy holiday to you all, and we will update you on the Secret Santa soon, either through me or her, and potentially @crimson, but we'll see.

Thanks for your patience.

-Hope/ cynt5100

Female
798 posts

honeybearbee • 24 December 2017 at 2:00 AM

@cynt5100 @luv thank you for the update! i totally understand and i hope your friend improves *hugs* ❤️

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 24 December 2017 at 2:06 AM

@cynt5100 @luv

Totally understand! Real life comes before an adoption game, most definitely. Will be praying for her and her friend. I hope everything turns out okay!!

1,037 posts

anarchy • 24 December 2017 at 3:32 AM

Thanks for letting us know @cynt5100, and @luv I wish all the best for you and your friend ❤️ Absolutely no worries with this being postponed.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 24 December 2017 at 7:40 AM

So... Couldn't all this be solved if we just give our gifts to the giftee ourselves? Not very "secret" but still very "Santa" and Christmasy, if you catch my drift. 😋

Anyway, all my best wishes to @luv! Hope it works out. ☹️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Female
796 posts

dragon_collector • 24 December 2017 at 8:39 AM

@cynt5100 @luv
it's alright, and thanks for letting us know😊 i hope all goes well-- don't stress out about us❤️❤️ merry christmas to both of you!

Non-binary
1,178 posts

cynt5100 • 24 December 2017 at 10:38 AM

@silverserpent
the issue comes when people get their gifts at different dates/times. For example, because you don't know who's gifting you, you would have to wait for yours because you cannot discuss exchanging early. Even if you did and could discuss, then they would be out of their Secret Santa for several days still, or would also have to track them down to get their gifts early. I think it would be better to wait until everyone is able to exchange at the same time. I know it may be inconvenient, but I don't want to cause any confusion here. Thanks 😊

@honeybearbee
@raccoon
@black
@dragon_collector
Thank you all for all of your support. Happy Holidays. 😊 ❤️

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 24 December 2017 at 1:14 PM

@cynt5100
Thank you for updating us. We totally understand.

@luv

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope everything turns out alright. I will be thinking of you both, and sending good vibes.

@silverserpent

I also think Luv was going to check that everyone had a gift of the correct value of the tier they were in, and that they have a gift. That way if someone didn't get a gift for their secret santa, they wouldn't get a gift either.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 December 2017 at 2:17 PM

@cynt5100 @luv of course! I don't mind ^^

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 24 December 2017 at 5:59 PM

@nkiay Ahh... Good point. 😊

Male
660 posts

brad • 24 December 2017 at 6:07 PM

@cynt5100 Thanks for the update!
@luv Completely understand. No worries. Wishing everyone involved the best!

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 25 December 2017 at 3:16 AM

Thank you for the update, @cynt5100 .

I am very sorry to hear about your friend, @luv. Like everyone, I understand that personal life comes before all else and you need to focus your time and energy into being there with your friend's family and friends during this tough time. I hope she gets better soon. And please, take all the time you need.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you both.

Non-binary
1,178 posts

cynt5100 • 8 January 2018 at 12:45 AM

@sundae
@wigglytuff
@panda9983
@honeybearbee
@raccoon
@stellalunagirl
@cloudslay3r
@valorie100
@dragon_collector
@brad
@prairie
@warghost141
@purgatory
@silvershadow
@delicate
@nkiay
@silverserpent
@black
@demogorgon
@thedarkarcher
@nine
@lightningfirefun
@redflipflap
@power
@mirror
@_black3333_
@mythlight
@dream-within-a-dream

Hi all, thank you for your condolences. I know that this is taking a while, I hope you can forgive us. Luv has not given me a direct quote this time, so I am going to paraphrase here but she told me to tell you all that she promises to be back soon to finish this.

She also wants you to know that she is really not normally the kind of person to not follow through, but there has been a series of unfortunate events, and she's still extremely sorry.
She promises that everyone will get the gift they deserve, even if she has to buy it herself.

For all of you asking, luv's friend is still in the hospital right now, and she's still not doing well. I don't want to share news that's not mine to tell, but I will say that for the sake of context so you all know that Luv is not doing this intentionally. She is trying her best, but you can imagine that this isn't the best situation to be organizing a gift exchange in.

Hopefully, the next update you get will be from her, but once again if you have any complaints/comments/questions bring them to me for now.

Thanks all once again for participating, and we'll talk soon. 😊
-Hope

Female
796 posts

dragon_collector • 8 January 2018 at 7:55 AM

@cynt5100 @luv again, thanks for telling us and keeping us updated❤️ sometimes things happen in life, and we can't control the outcomes. don't burden yourself. we know you're trying your best❤️😊 stay safe! hope your friend recovers soon❤️

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 8 January 2018 at 10:12 AM

@cynt5100 @luv awww ☹️ totally understand; feel better!❤️

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 8 January 2018 at 7:45 PM

@cynt5100 @luv

Getting a bit antsy from all the waiting, but I totally understand the reason for the delay. I'm praying for Luv and her friend and wish them both the best. ❤️

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 8 January 2018 at 10:10 PM

@cynt5100 @luv

Best wishes ❤️

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 10 January 2018 at 9:48 PM

@sundae
@wigglytuff
@panda9983
@honeybearbee
@raccoon
@stellalunagirl
@cloudslay3r
@valorie100
@dragon_collector
@brad
@prairie
@warghost141
@purgatory
@silvershadow
@delicate
@nkiay
@silverserpent
@black
@demogorgon
@thedarkarcher
@nine
@lightningfirefun
@redflipflap
@power
@mirror
@_black3333_
@mythlight
@dream-within-a-dream

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your patience with me during this time. As stated on my profile, I've returned today and have been sifting through my messages. If I haven't got to yours yet, I will before I go to sleep. It'll take a couple days to sort through all the gifts and get them to their correct owners, but I've officially started the process.

Again, I'd like to apologize. I'm a very deadline-driven person normally, and I like to organize things. This is very outside my personality. I hope you'll all enjoy it anyway, even though it is well past Christmas now.

Thank you, once again,
Luv

Female
798 posts

honeybearbee • 10 January 2018 at 9:57 PM

@luv *hugs* don't worry about it! ❤️ should we send eggs to you or just wait awhile?

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 10 January 2018 at 10:09 PM

@honeybearbee
I'm sifting through messages asking people, so if you've got yours you can absolutely send it through, but don't be offended if I end up asking you "wait, did I get your gift yet?" Still a little scatter-brained.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 10 January 2018 at 10:10 PM

@luv s it okay if I send more than one creature?

Female
798 posts

honeybearbee • 10 January 2018 at 10:16 PM

@luv okay 😃

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 10 January 2018 at 10:40 PM

@wigglytuff
Absolutley! As long as you try your best to stick to 1-2 creatures so people can still kind of get one "big" gift.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 January 2018 at 10:15 AM

@luv okie ^^