⭐ Creator's Mark

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
16,159 posts

bunnyshadow • 23 February 2020 at 1:42 PM

@prairie But in the previous post, you said that if someone was to trade it away on accident they could PM Ian for a mark on their current egg. Would that mean that whoever traded for a marked creature would have theirs taken away?

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 23 February 2020 at 4:08 PM

@prairie
Thanks for the ping!
I absolutely love this idea! I've always tried to keep a note in the profiles of my given-by-eggcave creatures to remember who is who. But having a unique "Creator's Copy" badge on them would be great (and much easier to keep track of)! 😃

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 7 April 2020 at 2:28 PM

@bunnyshadow I think I might've cleared that up on discord - but:
Basically only one of all that species will have that mark (except for cases where 2 creators collaborated) If this idea is used - copies given to the creator(s) will be the only of that species with the mark. If you trade away that copy that has the mark on it, you don't get another - you traded it away (likely at a profit hopefully)
If you are one of those who had a suggestion of yours used before this was implamented, there probobly isn't a way that eggcave mods know exactly which exact creature they gave you. Thus - you, the creator, would have to send in a ticket in that gives the exact creature URL of that species that you would like to have the mark. If you don't know which is/don't have the original of your copy, it can be any - so long it is that species. You cannot request this again once you send the ticket (as there would likely be a record keeping process by mods to make sure no duplicates are claimed/made - they might also be able to see if the marked creature is dead/alive)
Hope that makes things clear. 😊

@Pipkitten
I'm happy you like the idea!!
I attempt to keep track of the ones given to me as well (I got them all in my suggestions tab as well lmao) but it would be super nice to have something I cannot accidentally delete. ;w;

BUMPING THIS FOR THE MONTH AGAIN!
As I still badly want to see this be a thing with so many wonderful suggestions being used
@ian
@orderedchaos
@decay
@achimenes

Male
682 posts

decay • 7 April 2020 at 3:43 PM

I really like this idea as someone who likes creating creature suggestion xD
It would be really great to see this!

Let me ping some people to spread the word:
@thebest
@zantago
@dafni
@wild_wonders

Female
175 posts

zantago • 7 April 2020 at 4:33 PM

@prairie

oooh this is a great idea! and I love the design of the creators mark in your little mock up screenshot aha it's really cute! 😊 Hopefully it gets implemented :0

pings: (sorry if you're not a fan of pings)
@sinthr
@sandara
@surgeon

Female
1,821 posts

poe • 10 April 2020 at 6:53 PM

@prairie That's such a good idea! I think this would be a really great addition to the site and support it 110%!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 26 October 2020 at 3:05 PM

Bumping this again

@orderedchaos
@ian
@mastergemma

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 13 December 2020 at 7:54 PM

@prairie
This is so cool! I think this is an awesome idea. There could even be an additional symbol for CDWC winners!

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 17 September 2021 at 11:31 AM

Kinda want to bring this back to light again.
I've been a bit inactive, but I still find it to be something that could add to the site, and also make people more active on the site overall (as far as trading and suggesting go)

@Ian

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 19 September 2021 at 9:31 AM

@prairie This reminds me of the creators variants on dragon cave (which I only really play around the holidays any more lol) and I definitely do think that'd be cool. It'd for sure encourage me to try my hand at writing descriptions more solely for the authenticity of the mark!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 21 October 2021 at 4:58 PM

This is a super idea and I love the mock-up that you've made!
Plus, it could be fun to have as a background.

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 12 November 2021 at 10:45 AM

@izziedragon Totally! I want something that makes a creator's copy stand out more, and encourages more activity in forums/community when it comes to suggestions and CDWC.

@poserpanda I'm happy you like the idea! (and happy you like my mock up lol)

Getting this active again with the holidays rolling up as well as the New Year!
Pings:
@solnyshko
@sparklefox
@shirothekittehlover
@megamisama90

Female
890 posts

shirothekittehlover • 13 November 2021 at 1:10 PM

@prairie
I personally agree with this idea, especially since I have several creature suggestions, and I would be very happy if they both got real AND have the Creator's Mark you suggested 😃

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 18 November 2021 at 7:33 PM

More pings!
@ian
@snowywinter
@mastergemma
@jirachiwishmaker

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 November 2021 at 2:50 AM

@prairie I could have sworn I commented to this thread, but maybe it was a discussion in PM. (Who knows... between computer crashing all the time, time-out errors, and memory glitches.)

Brain's not thinking with many words right now, but I'm on absolutely on board. I'd love to see some creatures get that. (not only does it get recognition but it would also be like a neat little easter egg hunt all on its own.

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 19 November 2021 at 1:58 PM

@prairie I really like this idea, it would make the creator feel even more special. 😊

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 22 November 2021 at 2:32 PM

Pushing for this again, with the new year coming and all.

Female
574 posts

iia • 30 November 2021 at 10:57 PM

@ian @orderedchaos

I really like this suggestion! As the designer of the Clowver I feel like this defiantly would be a fun addition to honor the creator. It gives a little but of uniqueness and shows some appreciation to the designer to give the oldest of the species a special mark.

Anyway, I think this would be an awesome addition to eggcave! Also the mock-up that @prairie made was absolutely adorable!

-@iia

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 2 January 2022 at 11:26 AM

Pushing for this in the New Year @Ian!

This would be a big + for the site as far as activities for suggestions, trading, and CDWC (an Aa type mark could be used for description writers)
I don't see it as a drawback of "Ohhh... I can't get this mark on this species cause I didn't make it" cause thats the entire point. It is to drive people to be active in the community by making suggestions and participating in the CDWC. Also I think this is a huge plus for creature creators having something a bit more unique to them.
With how many times I've seen the site have a delay in handing out the "first of it's species" to the suggestors, this is a much more reliable way to hand out a 'special copy' to those that designed and wrote descriptions for creatures.

Female
574 posts

iia • 2 January 2022 at 10:15 PM

With the recent shifting leading to a lack of eggcave’s community activity I think the unique “mark” would not only create hype around trading but I agree with @prairie that it would encourage an influx of incoming suggestions.

Someday I would hope to see eggcaves creatures be mostly suggestions from players on the site. I think that would be unique and help players feel permanently connected to the site (you can delete your account but you can’t delete a species with your name on it)

I hope @ian and the EC team put some thought and consideration into this suggestion. I think it’s really cool and has a lot of potential!