Shaerin's Plague | Fantasy Roleplay | Closed

in Roleplaying

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 September 2019 at 12:45 AM

“Wait!” Sky shouted. But it was too late. Strangely, she was able to sense three moving things, how large they were, where they were and vaguely how they looked like. They were coming at her at a rather high speed. She pulled out her bow and shot an arrow at each of them, slowing them down. Again, she somehow knew that their health was going down. She shot arrows again until they were too close; she had managed to defeat one of them. She whipped out her bowstaff. She fought them bow at once. Although it was hard, it seemed doable. After what seemed like eternity, one of the targets collapsed. She easily defeated the third one and the VR disappeared.
“Hey, not too bad,” Tawr said. He was sitting down on a couch with his feet propped up. “But that wasn’t for you physical training. Obviously, the stuff you’re going to have to deal with is going to be a lot harder. But you’ll have your teammates with you,”

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 23 September 2019 at 1:32 PM

"Cool." Grace said after Tawr was done. She walked into a corner of the room and sat down. She tried to summon Rysa.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 23 September 2019 at 3:42 PM

Esme lay there as a wolf, panting. After many attempts of keeping herself under control but eventually attacking Haiha, she finally did it. She was thinking like herself. But most likely it was because she was so tired from being beaten up by the mountain lion. Haiha looked pleased, "You finally managed to do it. Now, get up. We need to practice battling." Esme let out a whimper and slowly, rose to her feet. She hated this so much.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 September 2019 at 6:33 PM

"Now we're going to train. There's a few things you can do with your sense," Tawr told Sky. "As you've seen before, you can sense people and objects without seeing them. You also can know basic information about people by looking at them. So far, that's about it. There might be a few more tricks here and there, but probably nothing major. Anyway, let's start. I'm turning off the lights and you have to make me my favorite dish in the dark," A large table full of ingredients and cooking supplies appeared.
"B-but I don't know how to cook," Sky stuttered.
"Don't worry. I've made the dish tons of times, so the recipe is in my head. If you look deep enough, you'll be able to find it. If you fail to make the dish just how I like it, you're going to have to run laps and do push ups,"
Sky gulped. She didn't care about the punishments, but if she failed then she would be seen as a let-down.
"Oh, and you have 1 and a half hours. Starting how," Tawr clapped his hands and the lights turned off. A little confused, Sky did what Tawr told her to do and focused on him. The dish was a large platter that looked like a fancy fruit salad with biscuits on the side. "Welp, here I go," Sky walked over to the table and began cooking.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 26 September 2019 at 8:29 PM

Esme snarled and dashed at Haiha, fangs bared. They were in a virtual simulation, and so far, she was kind of failing. Haiha dodged and snapped back and Esme saw her health bar go down a bit.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 26 September 2019 at 10:15 PM

Rysa appeared and hovered beside Gracie. She reached out to touch her, but the fox pranced away before she could. She flicked her black, shining tail in her face and grinned. "Who might you be, kid?"

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 26 September 2019 at 10:32 PM

It was hard at first in the dark, but she eventually got it. After dropping a sack of flour and breaking a few spoons, Sky finally finished the dish with barely a few minutes left. She tasted it before giving it to Tawr. It wasn’t what she’d expect it to taste like. At first it was tangy and bitter, but the more she chewed, the sweeter it got. The next spoonful was even better, and she managed to stop herself before she finished the entire thing.
“I’m done,” she told Tawr. She heard a clapping noise and the lights turned back on.
“Wow, pretty impressive,” he said, examining the dish. He took a bite. “Bleh, it’s still sour with the first bite. Typical for someone’s first time making it, but not as bad as other chefs’, and definitely not as bad as the last holder,” Again, he’d mentioned the last holder. Who was she? Or he? Sky was dying to know.
Tawr looked at what looked like a watch. “The others still have a little time. Let’s do some real training,” he said.

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 September 2019 at 10:40 PM

Quill gets up off the ground. Let's try that again. He shakily starts lifting up off the ground. All I got to do is keep my balance... Which was easier said than done. He loses balance and flips backwards, hitting his head on the floor. Ow..

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 26 September 2019 at 10:55 PM

“We’re going to go out onto the streets if Shaerin. Im going to point at random individuals and you’re going to have to tell me everything you know about them. Got it? Great, let’s go,” Tawr said. He left the room. I hate how he just assumes that we’re going to agree with what he’s doing without waiting for us to reply, Sky thought. But oh well, what can I do anyway...
After they left the castle, two guards who were at the entrance came with them. “Don’t worry, they’re just coming for safety. News tends to get out around here and there are bandits in the town,” a Tawr explained. They walked for a few more minutes until they reached a bustling marketplace. There were creatures of all kind, some that looked exactly like humans, while others looked more like aliens.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 27 September 2019 at 3:18 PM

Esme pounced and pinned the lion down. "I won," she crowed victoriously and growled in victory. Haiha smirked, "Not so fast," she flipped over and smashed Esme into the ground. "You were wide open." Esme groaned and decided she officially hated training.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 September 2019 at 6:48 PM

"See that humanoid creature carrying a large sack over there? Tell me everything you know," Tawr pointed at a creature. Sky analyzed her.
"Uh, she's carrying a sack full of pots and pans from her restaurant to the river to wash them, I think. And she's in her early 60s, but that's fairly young for her species. And she can use water magic, but ironically isn't good around fire,"
Tawr nodded and walked up to the creature. He talked to her for some time and walked back to Sky. "She said that what you said about her is fairly correct," he said. "But you can probably know more basic information about her. Her name, her history, little details like that. Surprisingly, they might be helpful in battle,"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 October 2019 at 3:56 PM

Esme let out a sigh in relief as she finished shifting back. Haiha glanced at her watch, "Okay, rest for a few minutes, then weapons training." Esme groaned, "But I already have claws." Haiha sniffed, "Too bad."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 October 2019 at 4:00 PM

Gracie grinned and told the fox her name. "Really? Awesome." She replied. The two had a long talk about names and magic, most of which Gracie didn't understand but pretended to.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 October 2019 at 6:24 PM

After a lot of training, Sky felt a little tired. "Are the others almost back?" She asked Tawr.
"They've got about 10 minutes left. They'll be back soon. You can rest and eat something until they're back," he replied.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 October 2019 at 4:29 PM

Esme was literally going to drop dead. She was so tired, and even with the surprising magic of the dagger she was holding, she had still lost the battle. "Good work," her trainer said, "We can go meet with your other friends now." "Finally!" Esme cried and slumped down onto the floor.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 October 2019 at 6:31 PM

Back at the castle, Sky scarfed down an entire platter of fruit in a few minutes. "Wow, that's gotta be a record," Tawr said, teasing. Sky rolled her eyes, smiling, and went to sit down on a couch.

1,478 posts

arcana • 3 October 2019 at 6:36 PM

Lark slumped on a soft chair. She had just finished beating the simulation, and all her energy was drained. Cerelynn had let her rest, and she was allowed to go get food when she wanted. For now, all she wanted to do was nap.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 October 2019 at 6:44 PM

"Can I sleep for ten minutes?" Sky asked Tawr, yawning. "My brain literally hurts a little,"
"Hmm... that's strange. Didn't happen with the last holder..." Tawr said to himself. Again he mentioned the holder! When would she get to know who they were and what happened to them? "But sure, you can rest for a bit. But don't blame me if you feel tired after you wake up," He replied.
Sky nodded and immediately fell asleep against the soft couch.

1,467 posts

robinn • 6 October 2019 at 1:09 AM

Quill rubs his back, feeling sore from all his failed attempts at flying. I think I need a break. He leaves the room and wanders around. I wonder where everyone else is.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 October 2019 at 4:17 PM

(Are any of y'all getting bored of training? If so we can skip to the night of that day)

1,467 posts

robinn • 6 October 2019 at 5:18 PM

(Sure)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 October 2019 at 9:11 PM

(okay)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 October 2019 at 2:09 PM

(Sounds good)

1,478 posts

arcana • 7 October 2019 at 2:39 PM

(Sure!)

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 October 2019 at 6:29 PM

(OKay😊)

So it's around 7 now, and y'all can go have some fun around the castle and kingdom and eat. You can make a friend, go to the stables, etc. and feel free to make stuff up

Exhausted, Sky trudged back to her room and opened the box on her table. There was a vegetarian lasagna with some yoghurt in it. But after she finished eating, she noticed something else. It was a little bottle filled with pink-ish liquid that almost sparkled. She assumed she was supposed to drink it, so she did. Nothing happened after for a while, but after a moment she felt a strange tingling sensation. Her muscles began to hurt a little bit and it felt as if her entire body was being squeezed. After a second or two of the pain, it disappeared. Her body suddenly felt revived and as if she could run a whole marathon without stopping. "Wow... that potion thing really did something," she whispered to herself as she stared at the empty bottle.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 November 2019 at 4:38 PM

Gracie walked down a long hallway to the stables. There had been a little description of them in her room and she was excited to see what they held. To her, 'Stable' meant horses. In this place, it probably meant something more like 'gryphon, dragon or unicorn', She quickened her pace while thinking about this.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 4 November 2019 at 6:31 PM

Sky changed into some comfortable, warm clothes and headed outside. She wanted to explore the area, but she would need a method of transport station. Maybe there were creatures that she could ride on to get there?
She found the castle stables and passed Gracie along the way, waving to her. The stables were huge, and most of it was outside with the exception of food and water for the creatures. A guard held the door for her.
"Thanks," she told him. "Which animal should I take if I want to go exploring?"
"Probably a dragon. The smaller ones are better trained and more loyal but the larger ones, although they're a little more reckless, they're stronger and fly faster," he replied. Sky nodded to him in thanks and walked into the pastureland. The sun was beginning to set and the breeze was picking up. Mythical creatures of all kinds roamed the fields.
Sky chose a small jade-colored dragon that was roaming around on the ground.
"Hello," A voice said inside of Sky's head.
"W-who's there?" She said, looking around. The dragon stepped closer to her and nudged her on the arm.
"I'm a taking dragon. While, kinda. I talk through your mind," Sky heard the voice inside her head again. "My name's Sage. And you're Sky, right? And you wanna explore,"
Sky nodded. It was kinda creepy how Sage knew everything about her, but she climbed on the dragon's back anyway.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 November 2019 at 8:20 PM

Gracie waved back at Sky and followed her to the stables. She saw her talk to the guard. He seems nice. She thought. She walked to the door, which was just closing. "Hello!" She says brightly.
"Hello," the guard replies.
"Which creature should I use if I wanted to make a friend or to just ride?" She asked.
"Do you want to just make a friend or just ride? If you want to do both, there's only one that would work. The unicorns. I'd explain about them but I think you'd like to find out yourself." He said the last part while opening the door for her.
Gracie nodded and walked in. "Thank you so much, mister!" She says. She hadn't expected it to be that easy. She walked toward an open pasture that had green grass growing inside. She leaned on one of the fences and stared in wonder at the glittery horses inside. Their coats shined all colors of the rainbow with their golden horns sticking straight towards the sky from their foreheads. She climbed over the fence and stepped onto the soft grass. All of the unicorns looked up at her, then back down at their meal of lush green grass. Only one stayed looking at her. It was more of a white with a lilac mane. Gracie looked at it curiously and it started trotting towards her. Gracie held ehr ground as it walked up to her.
"Hello small human bean," Gracie could hear its voice with her ears and her mind. It sounded female.
"It's 'human being' actually," Gracie corrected her. "And hello."
"I am Lavender of the Green Grounds. who are you?" The unicorn asked in an oddly commanding voice.
"Uhm... I'm Gracie of Chicago..." She replies.
"It's nice to meet you, Gracie. I can tell from your thoughts-" Gracie stiffened. "-that you would like a ride."
Gracie was a little unnerved that it could read her mind. "Yes. I would, actually. Can I climb on?"
Lavender nodded and knelt down for her. Gracie climbed on.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 November 2019 at 8:42 PM

Esme pulled the covers over her head as sunlight filtered through, "No...," she groaned, "lemme sleep. I don't wanna go to schoo-Ow!" she yelped and shot up from the floor. She looked around at the unfamiliar room before her memories flooded back. "Oh god.." she muttered and got up.
After she stepped out of the door, she stumbled into a wall like thing. Looking up..it was a...guard. This was not a day. "Looks like you're awake, huh?" the guard said, seeming bored, "some of the others are in the stables. You can go join them if you want."
"Are there horses?" Esme asked.
"Dragons. Unicorns. Gryphons. Don't know what you mean by 'horses'. We don't have 'em here," the guard yawned.
"Oh. My. God." Esme dashed towards the stables and looked out into the field. She had sudden urge to run and feel the grass under her paws. Wait, what? She had no paws. She shook her head and headed towards a pack of gryphons. As she neared them, one of them stared at her.
"Why does thou mutt come hither," he said haughtily, seemingly talking into her mind.
"Hey, Imma human you...you.....cat bird." Esme retorted and stuck her nose up. The gryphon looked at her, confused.
"I do not appreciate thou's simple language, dog," the gryphon stuck his beak up higher.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 November 2019 at 8:55 PM

(Why does thou mutt come hither... I love that. I'm like, dying of laughter over here!)

Lavender stood up abruptly. "I advise that you hold on tight. I'd rather you not fall off. That would be rather painful." She says calmly. Gracie grabs the unicorn's mane with an almost death grip.
Lavender made a snorting sound over and over and Gracie realized that she was laughing. "Ohhhh..." She muttered. Lavender reared up onto her rear legs and pawed at the air with her hooves. "So you're-ACK!-a showoff. That's good to know." Lavender had landed on all fours again.
Gracie wrapped her legs around the unicorn's sides and wished that she had put on a saddle or something. Lavender bent down as if to run. "Do you want to stay on the ground, milady?" She asked.
"THAT'S AN OPTION?" Gracie said nervously.
"So yes?" Lavender summed up. "Hang on extra tight." She whinnied and started running toward the far side of the pasture. Gracie screamed in joy and terror. Lavender started making more of a jumping or a prancing movement and completely lifted off the ground. "Have you ever danced on sunbeams?" The sparkly horse asked.
Gracie stopped screaming long enough to say; "No I haven't!" Her screams turned to laughter.