Shaerin's Plague | Fantasy Roleplay | Closed

in Roleplaying

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 4 November 2019 at 11:15 PM

(Oh you guys don't have to do the creatures speaking into their minds thing, that was just me 😋 but if you wanna you can ^^)

Sage took off into the air. Soon, she could see the entire marketplace, the mountains in the distance, and the palace and fields below. It was chilly up in the clouds, but Sage seemed to emit a soft glow that kept Sky warm. "Woohoo!" She exclaimed.
"Where do you want to go first?" Sage asked.
Sky shrugged. "Dunno, you probably know the best places,"
Sage nodded. He looked over at a lush canyon with waterfalls and what seemed to be a huge tree the size of a 20-story building near the canyon's ridge. Sage began to dive down towards the canyon.
"This is the Myrran Oak," Sage told Sky. He landed swiftly on the forest floor. Even with the limbs of trees hanging overhead, it was hard not to spot the huge oak tree. "This is a truly beautiful place, so many Shaerin couples have their honeymoons here. Most call her the Mother of the Forest since she provides fresh air and homes for so many creatures,"
"She?" Sky asked.
Sage nodded. "She can speak sometimes, too. You just have to listen closely," He said, although Sky couldn't hear anything except for the wind. But the wind sounded different, and after straining to hear it better, she heard some words that seemed to be in a language that Sky couldn't understand. She dismounted Sage and they began to walk towards the Oak. "There are creatures here, so make sure you don't disrupt anyone,"

1,478 posts

arcana • 5 November 2019 at 12:07 AM

Lark strolls into the stables, looking around for the others. She bumped into a the stable master who gave her a friendly smile. "Looking for a mount? We've got unicorns, gryphons and dragons. But you don't seem the type to want one of those, do ya?" Lark nodded, a bit overwhelmed. There were gryphons and dragons and unicorns here? That shouldn't have been so surprising, but it was. "Anyways, we got some mythical birds somewhere in the back too. Maybe they'll fit ya better." Lark smiled, thanked him and went off in the direction he had pointed. He was right though. She really wasn't interested in having a unicorn, maybe a gryphon, not a dragon though. Looking at the animals she passed, one caught her eye. It looked like a deer, but with wings. The plaque said it was a Peryton, whatever that was. It looked really cool, and it seemed to be named Briar, which just made her love it even more. She held her hand out for it to sniff, and it rubbed it. It was absolutely adorable. Another plaque was next to the one that had said Briar's name. It labeled his abilities: flight, combatal skills, and oddly, lightning and thunder. It had an asterisk next to it, and it was labeled as an abnormality. "Hey! Give me a couple carrots would you?" Lark whipped back around in surprise.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 November 2019 at 12:49 AM

lskfjlskjflkdj i thought i was the only one who knew what a Peryton was ;-; i was gonna make a peryton creature lmao, they're so darn pretty ahhh

Sky nodded. She crept past a herd of sleeping animals that looked like green-ish elk with fur that almost covered their legs. Sage led her right into the thick trunk of the tree through an opening in the bark covered with vines. She brushed aside the foliage curtain and stepped inside.
"Woah," She breathed in awe. The tree was hollow and it looked even bigger from the inside. Thousands of little glowing bugs illuminated the inside. Huge spiderwebs and crystallized amber that hung from the walls of the trunk glistened in the firefly-like creatures' lights. Creatures of all kinds lived in the huge Oak, ranging from birds to dragons to wolves to things she couldn't even describe. Part of the floor had a small lake inhabited by luminescent koi and aquatic plants. "C-can we stay here? It's so pretty,"
Sage smiled and nodded. "Of course. There are plenty of other places as well, so when you're ready we can go somewhere else or explore the rest of the canyon."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 November 2019 at 4:15 PM

(lol, yeah I was trying but miserably failing at using Old English)
Esme gave the gryphon the stink eye. Her vision landed on the golden brown feathers of the gryphon. Could he fly? The gryphon stared back at her, unamused. "Thou mutt shall not ride on me for I am no simple mount." he scoffed, puffing out his chest feathers.
Esme flinched back, "You can read my mind?" The gryphon looked at her like she was stupid.
"Of course I can. Thou is incredibly simple minded."
Esme bit back a growl and decided to probe on the topic of flying. "Well....it seems to me that someone is too scared and weak to carry a 'mutt' like me," she taunted, raising her eyebrows.
The gryphon bristled, seemingly offended, "I am neither weak nor scared of a cretin like you." He seemed to sweep his wings to his side and lowered his back. Score! Esme thought happily before realizing the gryphon could read her mind.
Luckily, he still let her slide on his back. His wings flared a few times, and then swept downwards and Esme had to clench onto the fur to avoid falling off. This. Was. So. Cool. She was riding on a gryphon!
The gryphon suddenly dropped before sweeping his wings out again and Esme shrieked. The gryphon tossed his head back haughtily, "Thou seems scared now."
Esme scowled, "You're doing that on purpose."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 November 2019 at 7:01 PM

Lavender kept bouncing higher into the sky as Gracie squealed in glee. She had never ridden any equines before. No horses or donkeys or anything like that! This was all completely new! She laughed out loud as the unicorn almost flipped upside down. Lavender made her laughing sound again. "What is it?" Gracie asked.
"Shall we have some more fun?" The unicorn asked playfully.
Suddenly Gracie stopped laughing. "Uh, sure!" She called. The unicorn stopped bouncing on the sunbeams and looked back at her with a wicked glint in her eye.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 November 2019 at 9:57 PM

Sky waited for a couple of minutes before she gathered herself up and was ready to leave. "Can we go somewhere else like this?"
Sage nodded. "I know a few places. They're a bit different, but nonetheless still beautiful," Sky mounted him and they took off again.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 November 2019 at 4:00 PM

High up in the clouds, Esme had a good view of her surroundings. She could see some of her teammates on majestic creatures, flying through the sky. And she was stuck with a grumpy gryphon who hated her guts. "I can hear thou's words." The gryphon dropped down and swerved, leaving Esme screaming.
"Ugh....you...you......horrible cat bird."
The gryphon sniffed, "My name is Enyalius, mutt." He tossed his head back, smothering Esme's vision with feathers.
"Shut up, Enya," she snarled back.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 November 2019 at 7:04 PM

(Okay, that's what I'll call gryphons from now on. 'Cat birds'. 😊)

Gracie got a sickening feeling that she had said something wrong. She wrapped her arms around the unicorn's neck moments before Lavender jumped again and plummeted toward the ground. She screamed as air rushed past her ears. The unicorn made her snorting sound again and Gracie couldn't resist a glance at the quickly approaching ground. There was glitter there now. The pair landed on the glitter and bounced far back into the air. Gracie screamed again as the unicorn laughed her horn off.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 November 2019 at 12:26 AM

Sage took Sky high up into the sky. They flew up and soared over the clouds. The setting sun made the clouds turn yellow, orange, and pink. Sky had seen this kind of thing from a plane many times before, but this experience was totally different.
“It’s so beautiful up here,” She told the dragon. Sage nodded.
“It sure is, but this isn’t the main thing that I wanted to show you,” He said. They dove past a huge cloud and what Sky saw behind it almost took away her breath. There was a magnificent castle among the clouds, with dragons and other creatures swirling around it. “This is the Sky Palace. Let’s go in for a closer look, shall we?”
Sky smiled and nodded, excited to see what was inside.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 November 2019 at 8:51 PM

(lol, I have invented a new phrase, I feel so proud. "Hey dood, those cat birds are so kool dood)
Esme laughed as she held onto Enya's-"I do not approve of that silly moniker, dog"-feathers as the gryphon swooped and flew. "Hey Gracie!" she waved to her teammate as Enya flew close to the unicorn Gracie was on. That was a mistake, as soon as one hand was off, Enya dived, talons brushing the ground before swooping back up. Esme would never admit that she just screamed her head off.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 November 2019 at 10:47 AM

The palace was made out of white marble, crystal, and laced with golden swirls in some places. "No one has ruled the palace ever since their last leader disappeared. Rumor has it that she got the Plague and died," Sage told Sky.
"That's terrible," She replied.
"It is, but everyone here's recovered now," He said. "This palace actually has the ability to float over to the non-magical world. Rarely, it can be spotted from your aircrafts,"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 4:27 PM

"Hi-" Gracie shouted back before the gryphon flew away. Lavender noticed this and started running at full speed through the air. She slowly went higher and higher until they were up with the clouds.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 November 2019 at 5:18 PM

Sky looked at the sun. It was getting dark out. "Let's stay here for a bit and then we can head back and do some things inside," Sky told Sage.
"Okay, if you say so. I usually stay up at night, so I'm pretty good at seeing in the dark, though," He said. She was tempted to say yes, but she knew that she would have to get rest for the next day.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 12 November 2019 at 7:43 PM

The sun was setting by the time Enya set down on the grassy fields. By then, Esme's throat was hoarse from all the laughing and screaming, and she would bet her dinner that Enya's feathers were sore-"That is one thing that thou is correct about"- from Esme gripping them too hard. Esme tentatively got off, stumbling as her feet hit the ground. Her legs felt stiff from not moving in a long time. "Easy for thou to say. Thou did nothing while I provided."
Esme rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah." Enya shook his mane of feathers, then walked over to join the rest of the gryphons. She decided to wait for the others while leaning on a tree. She let out a sigh as she sat down and watched the brightly lit sunset.

1,478 posts

arcana • 12 November 2019 at 7:53 PM

After a very long explanation and several talks, Lark knew the Peryton, or rather, Briar, as well as she knew Avera. Which was a decent amount, but not a whole lot. It had taken a while though, and the sun was already setting. Lark wasn't about to ride Briar in the dark, but perhaps the next day. Lark absentmindedly handed him a couple carrots and wondered when she had to head in. Now seemed like a good time, especially since she'd already eaten the things she'd put in her bag. "Bye Briar. I have to head in now." He snorted affectionately and bade Lark a good day. "Come back again, and maybe I'll let you ride me." Lark nodded and ducked back out, returning to her quarters.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 November 2019 at 9:39 PM

Sage flew Sky back to the fields. "Thanks," Sky told him while dismounting. The emerald-colored dragon grinned.
"Sure, anytime. Good luck tomorrow," He told her.
"Thanks," Sky said. She smiled but she was still doubtful if she could really survive the journey. Hopefully she wouldn't turn out to be like the "other Holders."
She saw Esme sitting down by a tree. "Can I sit down?" She asked, stifling a yawn.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 12 November 2019 at 10:42 PM

"Of course!" Esme said, patting the grass beside her. "So...how was your ride? The dragon looked cool and fun..unlike Enya the grouchy cat bird."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 November 2019 at 11:05 PM

"Grouchy cat bird? What's that?" Sky sat down and giggled. "But yeah, the ride was pretty cool," Sky wanted to say more, but she want to make herself miss the ride. It was so much more than cool. She had had more fun that night than she'd had for the past year.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 November 2019 at 3:54 PM

"Cat bird is gryphon. I mean, a gryphon really is a cat bird if you think about it," Esme said.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 November 2019 at 6:00 PM

"LAVENDER GO BACK TO THE GROUND I AM GOING TO BARF." Gracie screams over the rushing wind. A glittery light filled the air around her as she heard Lavender make a snorting sound. She started tipping over to one side and grabbed Lavender's horn so that she wouldn't fall.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 November 2019 at 6:44 PM

Sky laughed. "Ha, yeah, I guess they are," She replied. "Anyway, how was your ride with the cat bird?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 November 2019 at 7:05 PM

Lavender turns around and glares at Gracie. She shakes her back so that Gracie was only holding onto the horn. If she let go she would go plummeting to the ground. "Excuse me, little human? What do you think you're doing?" Gracie just stares up at her. "Uh, uh. I'm done with you." The unicorn started heating up her horn to a point where it burned Gracie's hands. Unbeknownst to her, another unicorn was just looking up at the sky. He started flying up right as Gracie let go of the horn and started to fall. She screamed as air whistled past her ears. She was a hundred percent sure that she was about to die... Until her back hit another unicorn. She grasped at its fur and it flipped her onto its back. "Don't you humans listen?" A male voice laughed. The unicorn took her down to the grass, where, breathing hard, she gladly jumped off of its back and to the ground.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 November 2019 at 7:57 PM

"One thing I learned. Enya's a major jerk." Esme leaned back against the tree and crossed her arms behind her head. In the corner of her vision, she saw Gracie falling through the sky, just to get caught by another unicorn, "Uh.. Wow. Sky diving like a pro, huh?"

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 November 2019 at 8:10 PM

"Ouch, that must suck..."Sky told Esme. She turned around to look at Gracie. "She looks like she's having fun," She said, until she heard Gracie scream. "Well, she might be... I hope she's okay,"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 November 2019 at 8:14 PM

Gracie looks up, hearing someone speak. She sees Esme and Sky leaning on a tree and stands up. "Thank you, Unicorn. I'll bring an apple to you next time I get one." She says to the unicorn. "Hey no problem. Except... Maybe a candy corn instead...?" He asked shyly.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 November 2019 at 8:47 PM

"You okay?" Sky asked Gracie. "I don't know if that was a scream of terror or joy,"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 November 2019 at 9:02 PM

"That was definitely terror." Gracie said after she had left the unicorns' meadow. "The unicorn dumped me off." she said, sitting down by them.

1,478 posts

arcana • 19 November 2019 at 9:15 PM

Lark looked at her amulet curiously. She had thought that Avera would have done something by now, especially because she'd probably rested up by now. Although, she didn't really know how long it would take to heal up Avera. "Avera?" Lark whispered softly. "Are you there?"

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 19 November 2019 at 11:23 PM

"How come? That's not real nice," Sky asked.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 20 November 2019 at 4:07 PM

Esme was too busy laughing to respond. "The...heheh..unicorn....throws..heh..you off!?" she sputters, "And I thought Enya was bad."