Shaerin's Plague | Fantasy Roleplay | Closed

in Roleplaying

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 8 September 2019 at 12:27 PM

Esme raised her amulet. "Amulet weird power, activate!" She glimpsed a brief flash of light from the amulet and felt a searing pain run through her shoulder. "Ow! Ow!" The light went away and she clenched her shoulder. "Seriously, is my amulet's power to cause pain for the user. Why couldn't I get a cooler and useful one," she groaned.

Cory laid on his couch, eating a bag of chips. His phone started ringing and he fumbled around in his pocket, his eyes still fixed to the TV. He raised his phone to his ear. "I have a job for you," a low voice rumbled. Cory smirked.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 8 September 2019 at 1:18 PM

"I'm sure that's not the power," Kiwi chirped. "Looks like a Lupis amulet to me,"

1,467 posts

robinn • 9 September 2019 at 12:19 AM

Quill holds up his feather. I wonder what my power is... He felt himself losing balance. He realized that he was floating midair. "Whoa!"

"The bandits of Nefari are on the move. The relic holders must be here." Karina says.
"We should move out too if we want to reach them before they do." Malik replies.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 September 2019 at 1:45 AM

“S-should we send out the majority of the army right now?” A bandit stuttered in front of the cloaked figure.
“No,” he growled. The bandit shrunk back in fear. “We must wait. Have them hide around Ryfenn, most of them near the summit. The dangers of the mountain will weaken them for us,” he smiled coldly. “But have some of them keep watch for other bandits. Just about all of them want their filthy hands on the Relics. But whatever do you, do not let the holders know that they work for me, or who I am,” the figure put such emphasis on his last words that they still echoed around the room.

“Hey, uh, Kiwi,” Sky said to the bird. “Can you tell me what my seed thing does? It’s not... working,”
“Oh, the Kage seed? I’ll tell you the rest about it later, but I know for sure that it makes your endurance and agility a little better and gives you a sixth sense,”
“What does this sense do?” Sky asked, fidgeting around with the seed.
“Welp, that’s for you to figure out,” Kiwi replied. “Oh, and another thing is that when the time is right, you’ll all be able to push your Relics’ powers past their boundaries,”

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 September 2019 at 2:37 PM

Someone yelled something in the camp. Ajax looked up, then back down because it seemed like they weren't yelling at him. He help up his carving. It was a skilled carving of a girl with a ponytail. She looked calm and quiet, with a hint of a smile on her lips. The girl on the beach had looked almost exactly the same, but with black hair and actually carried an air of the calm and quiet he'd carved.

Gracie looked at her amulet. It didn't seem to be doing anything. "Uhm... Amulet, do something." She said, holding it up. It started glowing and transformed into a tiny, black fox. "Coool." She said.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 September 2019 at 3:39 PM

Esme squinted at the bird spirit, "Lupis..." she mumbled thoughtfully. Willing the amulet to activate again, she prepared for the pain but still couldn't resist yelping at the pain. "Why. Is. This. Happening!" she grunted as she felt her bones shift. Finally, there was a pop and as she ran her hand over her hair, she felt furry ears. "What, the, heck!?"

Cory was not having a good day. The merchant on the streets of a city he was passing through was not giving him his bag of chips. "Seriously, dude, I want my chips. I've been starving all day," he grumbled, trying to bargain for them. The merchant gave him a look. "Fine," Cory said as he sadly reached down into his pocket and pulled a few coins out. The merchant nodded and gave him his chips, and Cory looked at his empty pocket.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 September 2019 at 6:35 PM

"Push past their boundaries?" Sky said, staring at the seed. It glowed suddenly, and she felt more aware. She somehow knew where everyone else was around her and by looking at someone, she just knew more about them. She stared at the seed. "The Kage plant, an extremely rare species of flora that can only grow on the Summit of Mt Ryfenn," she whispered to herself. Woah, how did I know all that? Sky thought. She stared at the seed a bit longer, but no more new information came to mind. Well, I guess there are limits here, then...

--

"Are you guys ready to go training? You'll learn a lot more about your Relic and how to control it. If you don't train properly, they could get really dangerous," Kiwi said.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 September 2019 at 7:54 PM

Gracie nodded. "I'm ready to train." The black fox that was playing with one of Gracie's stray hairs looked up.

1,478 posts

arcana • 9 September 2019 at 7:55 PM

Avera nudged Lark. "Um, yeah! I'm ready to train too."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 September 2019 at 9:14 PM

Sky nodded. She was curious to see how she could use her powers.

---

The dark man pulled out a large glass orb from underneath his cloak. Inside the orb, fog swirled and electricity cackled. A booming, chilling voice came from inside.
"Ah, so the Holders have arrived," the voice hissed.
"Yes," the cloaked man said, slightly annoyed. "I'll bring you the Relics. But you can't forget your side of the bargain. And I get to keep the Kage seed,"
"Of course," the voice rasped. "But know that if you fail, there will be dire consequences, Camus,"
The man growled, and then smiled. "You won't have to worry about a thing. I will get my hands on the Relics, no matter what it takes,"

1,478 posts

arcana • 9 September 2019 at 9:28 PM

Lark was led to a room that faintly shimmered with odd writings and runes. On one side, there were a few cots with injured people on them. On the other, there was a makeshift jail cell with a scraggly dirty person inside. Avera floated around, inspecting the area and materials. A guard cleared his throat. "This is your practice area for healing. This prisoner here," he said, gesturing to the cell, "will be providing you with some energy to heal those people over there." He gestured to the cots. Lark eyed the prisoner cautiously. "Are you sure this is humane?"
---
Essa started compiling strategies in her head as she headed to the palace. The relic holders would be the most protected now, making it best to strike once they got comfortable outside of the palace. She would be able to get a few balms done before then, hopefully even a few potions. She stopped at a small town just outside of the palace and on route to the famed mountain. This would be her base until the Relic Holders started moving. Now she had to prepare.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 September 2019 at 9:33 PM

Esme poked at her wolf ears. "Oh c'mon, why can't I have a cooler power. I don't want to look like a Hollywood reject werewolf all the time." She tried to retract her ears, to no avail, "Uhhh...I think I'll take you up on the practice."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 September 2019 at 9:49 PM

Sky was taken to a room. It was full of weapons, but they looked different from the rest.
"These weapons are enchanted. Even if you have no experience with them, they'll let you fight with them as if you've been training with that weapon for ten years. Your friends each have a selection of these weapons as well. But choose wisely and please be careful with them; they're very hard to enchant and you'll only be allowed to take one or two weapons on the journey. And since your power doesn't give you as much physical advantage, we'll be working with you on weapons the most," the guard said. "Once you're used to the weapon of your choice, we can work on sharpening your Sixth sense,"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 September 2019 at 3:21 PM

The guard let Esme down a path leading to the room. He opened the door, and Esme gasped. In the larger than life room, there was a simulated forest environment, with a lot of trees. Esme stepped inside in wonder. "What's this for?" she asked. "The higher ups told me to lead you here for you to practice shifting," he said. "Here," the guard tossed a box of painkillers to Esme, "You'll need it." The guard then turned and left.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 September 2019 at 7:04 PM

"That's pretty cool," Sky said. The guard left, only to be replaced with another man. He looked like an elf, with long brown hair and pointed ears, as well as a pair of curled horns on his head.
"Hey there," he said. "I'm Tawr, your instructor,"
"Uh, hi, I'm Sky," Sky waved. He seemed friendly.
"First, choose your weapon," Tawr gestured towards the wall hung with swords, bows, dart guns, and more. "I'm pretty trained in everything, so it doesn't matter what you choose,"
"Can I try some out?" Sky asked, taking a dagger off the wall and examined its blade.
"Sure," Tawr said, yawning. "But you don't have all day. Well, you technically do, but we also need to work on your Sense,"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 September 2019 at 8:47 PM

Gracie raised her eyebrows. "Hi." She said. She looked over at the wall of weapons. She caught the last of his sentence. "What's a Sense?" She asked him.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 September 2019 at 8:54 PM

"Oh, for you, we'll be training you with Rysa and strengthening your bond," Tawr told Gracie. "But both of you, I'll give you half an hour to test and choose out weapons. I'll be back soon," He left the room.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 September 2019 at 10:02 PM

"Oh. Okay." Gracie said. She watched him leave, then walked to the wall to look at and test weapons She really liked a carved wooden bow. She tested it, and after ten arrows missed the target by a hundred feet, she gave up and put the bow back.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 September 2019 at 10:50 PM

(Btw the weapons are enchanted so that way you’ll use them as if you’d had 10 full years of experience/training with the weapon ^^ )

Sky looked around. She tried a throwing knife. Somehow, her arm knew what to do and the knife landed on a dummy square in the chest. “Woah, that’s cool,” Sky said, looking at her hands. But the knife doesn’t really fit me. She continued trying other weapons.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 September 2019 at 10:58 PM

(Cool!)

Gracie grabbed a long sword. It was light and had gold swirl patterns down the whole blade. She swished it through the air. It felt like the sword was an extension of her arm. She ran to a test dummy and slashed the sword at it. The sword went straight through the fabric. "Woah." She whispered. "Cool."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 11 September 2019 at 11:19 PM

Sky picked up the bow and arrows Gracie had rejected. She just knew that she had to have it. She aimed at the dummy again, using three arrows instead of one. One of the arrows landed right beside the knife she’d thrown, the other two landing on each of the dummy’s shoulders. “This one’s definitely a keeper,” Sky said. She slung the loaded quiver over her shoulder and walked around to test how it’d feel.
The bow and arrows are good, but I probably need a close combat weapon or something that’ll be able to knock someone out if we ever need that, she thought. She approached a table filled with weird looking things. Sky picked up a small ball. It was rather heavy for its size and it felt as if it had something inside of it. She tossed it up and it exploded midair, creating a large screen of smoke around her. She fanned away the smoke, coughing and wheezing.
After the smoke cleared, Sky picked up a carved wooden stick, about 8 inches long. She spun it around, and it suddenly expanded into a bow staff. This is perfect! I think I’ll keep this in case if I need to use it.

1,478 posts

arcana • 11 September 2019 at 11:57 PM

Lark hesitantly headed toward the prisoner, but was stopped by a friendly elvish looking girl. "Hello! I'm Cerelynn and I'm your healing instructor! First, we were supposed to be healing right now, but since you still need a weapon, we're going to have you pick one out!" She shook Lark's hand and then pushed her to a nearby room in the hallway, chatting with Avera. This person was far too social for Lark, but something made her likable. Upon opening the door, Lark timidly waved to her two other companions and took to scrutinizing the shelves. They were filled with any weapons imaginable and some she had never seen before. She picked one up and tried waving it around. Suprisingly, it felt familiar, and comfortable. Cerelynn piped in, "That's a retractable sovnya! I think that's probably pretty good for you! By the way, don't worry about practice. These are all enchanted so you'll be good with them. However! You should hurry. Pick out another and then we'll leave."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 September 2019 at 12:01 AM

Tawr poked his head into the room. “Howya guys doing? It hasn’t been half an hour yet, but I’m just checking,”
“I think I’m ready,” Sky said. She turned to Gracie and waited for her answer.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 12 September 2019 at 12:06 AM

"Ya know, I think I'm ready too." Gracie grabbed a leather scabbard from the wall, tied it to her waist and put the sword inside the holster thingy. She rested a hand on the long sword's hilt and grinned.

1,478 posts

arcana • 12 September 2019 at 12:08 AM

Cerelynn turned to Lark and cheerfully said, "That's the combat training division. You aren't training in mainly combat, so you'll get weapons and have a little bit of time to use them. You'll be training with healing and magic, so that'll be most of your day." Avera floated around, nudging Lark towards long-distance weapons that caught her interest. Lark finally decided on some throwable daggers that were spelled to return to their sheaths. Waving goodbye to Sky and Gracie, she headed back to the healing room.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 September 2019 at 1:14 AM

Tawr nodded. “Let’s begin your weapon training, then,” he said, smiling at Sky and Gracie. “First, I want you to have a little battle to see how well you can do in a new environment. You’ll need to get good at that and you only have a day to train. I’m putting a spell here so that it’s a virtual fight and no one actually gets hurt. Kind of like a, what do you call it in you world? A video game,” he raised his hand, and the room transformed into a battle ground. They stood in a large clearing in a forest. “I want this to be quick. I don’t care who wins, but you’ll have 3 minutes to fight. Battle, begin!”

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 12 September 2019 at 1:16 AM

"That was... Sudden." It was exactly like what happened in most of the movies I watched. I looked around and heard a snap from a stick. It sounded close.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 September 2019 at 11:17 AM

"Wait! I'm not ready yet-" Sky stuttered as the room transformed. Tawr was nowhere to be seen, but she heard his voice.
"That's the point," he said. Sky could imagine him grinning.
She sighed; A health bar stood in front of her. It said "100/100." Another bar popped up below it, reading "Energy." She took out her bow but didn't shoot at Gracie yet, still a bit confused.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 12 September 2019 at 4:28 PM

Esme sighed and lay down on the floor. What was she supposed to do? She popped a painkiller into her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. She felt a tingling sensation in her spine. It traveled everywhere through her body, filling her with a strange sense of energy. She felt pain drive lances into her limbs, but her mind recorded that it didn't hurt nearly as much as her other experiences at shifting. She howled in pain and thrashed out as she felt her bones rearrange as her ears and newly formed tail stretched out. Her ears heard movement from the door and the guard stepped in. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that the pills also cause you to shift and..," he paused, staring at Esme. "Oh..god." Esme felt fur ripple, covering her skin and forming a pelt as her senses sharpened. She wanted to scream, "Why did you not tell me!?" But it was too late because she now as a fully formed large wolf. Her instincts told her to run around the human and keep running from this strange smelling place, so she did.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 September 2019 at 6:36 PM

"What are you guys waiting for? Attack each other! Remember, it's just virtual reality. No one is actually getting hurt," Tawr said. "If you want to save Shaerin, you need to pass this test,"
So this is a test? Sky thought. But he said that it wouldn't matter who won.