USAJI ─ Lunar New Year Creature Suggestion ૮(⋆❛ہ❛⋆)ა

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 7 August 2021 at 4:32 AM

ウサギ : Usagi ("Rabbit" in Japanese)

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

Hi everyone, it's Wildy here! It has been a few years since I last posted a creature suggestion so I thought it would be fun to make another one during lockdown since I'm trying my best to procrastinate schoolwork at the moment. 😋 I've linked the suggestion artwork below!

"USAJI" Digital Concept Art: https://www.deviantart.com/bellanienie/art/Usaji-888065253?ga_submit_new=10%3A1628323257

Habitat: Mountains
Height: 0.5 m
Weight: 1 kg

About Usaji eggs
Usaji eggs are extremely difficult to obtain as they can only be found in mountainous areas. The symbol on the egg is a unique mark imprinted by the parents of the Usaji. The mark is passed down from generation to generation, as well as the bear. If you remove either one of them, you can hear a soft whimpering sound from the egg inside. It's best to leave them alone until the Usaji hatches.

About the Usaji creature
Usaji are playful, shy creatures who put family before anything else. Normally timid creatures, they tend to burrow in the rocky areas of mountains. The burrow of the Usaji is usually filled with all sorts of candy, as candy is one of the favorite foods of the Usaji. These burrows are often sought out by hunters, as the Usaji will almost always be in there. The ribbon is extremely valuable as it is made of special silk that cannot be found anywhere else. Hunters will often kill many a Usaji to obtain these mysterious ribbons. The SAR Center has declared the Usaji a protected species and Usaji ribbons are now illegal in Ark.

Description and Details (above) by @Singasong99 ❤️

About the art: The Usaji art was based on a cute yet elegant, Asian-esque pet style that I'd like to see more of on eggcave! My artwork skills here aren't amazing but I hope it's enough to get the general idea across. Excuse/Ignore the change of texture in the picture, I'm still getting used to different brushes on procreate since I just recently started using it and haven't figured out which ones suit my style best. 😋

Side notes/Mistakes: Teddy on the baby stage should have a standard black nose like in the other stages, ribbon should be a silky texture.

Thank you for popping by this thread. I hope you guys like it enough! Please let me know your thoughts on the design and feel free to ping friends ❤️ I appreciate all!

[A few starting pings:]

@leafmelody @thedarkarcher @murmurw @chicachicken
@ian @orderedchaos @meteoroid @mastergemma @jazzyleia

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 7 August 2021 at 4:59 AM

@wild_wonders I love the concept of this ugh, good luck! I hope it gets made ❤️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 7 August 2021 at 5:48 AM

@fakeworld first comment this means so much 😊 Thank youu x10000!!

Deleted • 7 August 2021 at 6:58 AM

@wild_wonders, I'd take one, a bunny with a teddy bear, it sounds adorable 😊

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 7 August 2021 at 8:12 AM

@wild_wonders
so cute omg, the child stage especially is my favourite!! now i’m tossing between child and adult stage ah.. and the colour palette is so aesthetic ((‘:
for a second i read usagi as unagi lol, you’ll get the friends reference soon ((:
it looks amazing though, it better get made ((; i’d 10000% buy it with my non existent cc lol

124 posts

crystalshard • 7 August 2021 at 10:34 AM

@wild_wonders
It's so cute!! ❤️ I notice that there are some watery textures on its back, is that for design purposes or to give it a melting/milky feel? (reminds me of the rabbit milk candy lol)

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 7 August 2021 at 1:05 PM

@wild_wonders sooo cute ❤️ i love it a lot, could see it as a valentines or maybe even a christmas creature? 😊 i would totally collect a bunch of them!!! (ooohhh oorrr this might be too advance, but 2023 is the year of the rabbit so it could be like a chinese new year creature? ❤️)

Deleted • 7 August 2021 at 4:41 PM

@wild_wonders
Omg I love bunnies and teddy bears to both I to one creation is awesome
I want collect the all please @ian put in cave

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 7 August 2021 at 4:44 PM

This is so freaking cute 😸
@wild_wonders
I definitely get anime vibes

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 7 August 2021 at 8:54 PM

@chicachicken @leafmelody @hello-kitty @izziedragon
Thank you all so much for your support!! I'm really glad u like it. 😊 Fingers crossed!

@crystalshard
Honestly, it just felt plain which is why I added the textures on its back but I can totally see it as some sweet melting candy type pet o-o; Thank you! ❤️

@rabbitwanter
I would loVe for it to be an event creature hhaha, oh dang I didn't even realise next year is year of the rabbit ouo; That would be so fitting despite having to wait so long 😋 thanks so much!

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 8 August 2021 at 8:40 AM

@wild_wonders

It's beautiful! I love the way the little bear is incorporated especially in stage 2

I'm really hoping it gets made, I'd love to have one

Female
1,719 posts

lexicon • 8 August 2021 at 10:25 AM

@wild_wonders

Omg this is so CUTE ;o; I absolutely love all the stages and the idea in general is so creative. Your skills are still amazing sorry to tell you 😊❤️

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 9 August 2021 at 1:37 AM

@wild_wonders This is adorable! I really love it! Your art is amazing 😊 I would definitely love for it to be out as a CSP creature, but I don't have any CC o-o

Hope you don't mind the ideas:
Habitat: Mountains
Height: 0.5 m
Weight: 1 kg

About Usaji eggs
Usaji eggs are extremely difficult to obtain as they can only be found in mountainous areas. The symbol on the egg is a unique mark imprinted by the parents of the Usagi. The mark is passed down from generation to generation, as well as the bear. If you remove either one of them, you can hear a soft whimpering sound from the egg inside. It's best to leave them alone until the Usagi hatches.

About the Usagi creature
Usagi are playful, shy creatures who put family before anything else. Normally timid creatures, they tend to burrow in the rocky areas of mountains. The burrow of the Usagi is usually filled with all sorts of candy, as candy is one of the favorite foods of the Usagi. These burrows are often sought out by hunters, as the Usagi will almost always be in there. The ribbon is extremely valuable as it is made of special silk that cannot be found anywhere else. Hunters will often kill many a Usagi to obtain these mysterious ribbons. The SAR Center has declared the Usagi a protected species and Usagi ribbons are now illegal in Ark.

Your art really is amazing 😱

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 9 August 2021 at 7:03 PM

@nightslayer300 @lexicon
Thank you ❤️ ❤️ you guys r so kind!

@singasong99

Thank you I'm glad you like it! And mmg I'M ACTUALLY OBSESSED WITH THE DESCRIPTION 😃 I can totally picture this,and its exactly what I was hoping for, I'll put it as the official description~ Thank you for taking the time to do this ❤️

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 9 August 2021 at 7:43 PM

@wild_wonders No problem! I actually just wanted to see how good my writing skills were lol ❤️ Now I'll just have to wait for this to come out 😊

Female
472 posts

flakes • 15 August 2021 at 12:51 AM

@wild_wonders this looks amazing! really want to see this get made 😊 hope you've been well!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 18 August 2021 at 5:15 PM

@wild_wonders @singasong99

I love this so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️ It definitely pulls off the cute/elegant combination, and the small bear is a nice touch. I also like that the last stage has four similar looking legs, which makes it stand out from the other bunny creatures. The soft color palette also suits it well. It reminds me of this really cool online fashion store called Modakawa that I want to get clothes from which has bunny hoodies and bear keychains.

One question I have though is whether it's called the Usagi, Usaji, or Usaii? I know Usagi means rabbit, but I saw all three of these names listed.

And I also really love creatures that have some cultural context behind them or draw awareness to little known species. I'm half Filipino and was pleasantly surprised the site had a Tarsier, for example. 😊

I really hope this creature gets made and would love to have one! I think it would be great for February since it is cute and soft.

Adding another ping: @vforveritas ❤️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 18 August 2021 at 6:51 PM

@kdxu
Thank you so much ❤️ Nice to see you again!!

@lykhaos117
Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a long review and ping TT ❤️ I'm so glad u like it and that it achieved the look we were hoping for. I definitely would love more eastern cultural pets as well, no matter whether it was my creature suggestion or just another one. 😋 And I'm sorry about the description typos! I fixed them lol, didn't notice when I read over it the first time. It's called the usaJi 😋

Again thank you, you're amazing~

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 19 August 2021 at 2:21 AM

@lykhaos117 Oh, thanks a lot! I didn't notice the mistakes, thank you for the alert~

Female
306 posts

powgal15 • 24 September 2021 at 12:45 PM

@wild_wonders Beautiful and adorable! Kind of looks like a white Umbreon XD

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 25 September 2021 at 8:45 PM

@powgal15 dang Umbreon is one of my favourite pokemon 😊 Thank you soo much! ❤️

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 22 January 2022 at 12:12 PM

@wild_wonders I'd be on this cutie if they were released 😊 ❤️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 22 January 2022 at 7:14 PM

@viltuvitrast
Thanks for reviving this creature suggestion topic! 😊 And i'm so glad u like it (:

(@ian pls make this bunnie a reality lmaoaoa)

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 22 January 2022 at 11:50 PM

@wild_wonders

I love the concept! Its so adorable! ^^ Would love to have it as a critter ❤️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 26 January 2022 at 12:16 AM

@stellalunagirl
thank you so much for your support!! 😊 ❤️