Egg Cave Halloween Discussion Forum 2021

in General

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 1 October 2021 at 2:29 AM

Decided to post this here for anyone looking for coves to feed, travel unscramble help, commentary on the Doovoo, or just general Egg Cave Halloween discussion. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Spots are unlimited, and if you want to be added, please say whether you want your whole cove, list, or either and if you guarantee feedbacks!!!

Travels of Terror Guide
Egg Cavity Travel Indexes: http://www.eggcavity.com/indexes
Travels of Terror Tips
Coves and Creatures in Need

Individual Eggs*:
Biochemist

Whole Coves:
@VforVeritas (20 creatures)
@sugarsprig (20 creatures)
@pixar (33 creatures)
@celesticleo (39 creatures)
@suessan (64 creatures)
@ahgirltc (73 creatures)
@singasong99 (77 creatures)
@lady_dreamwyn (84 creatures)
@lexicon (87 creatures)
@nightingale99 (95 creatures)
@ida92 (100 creatures)
@casper (104 creatures)
@cottoncandycat12 (117 creatures)
@gaze (140 creatures)
@stellalunagirl (143 creatures)
@swmystery (156 creatures)
@castielkix (157 creatures)
@mr-blue-bones (241 creatures)
@chihiro_sang (278 creatures)
@nameless (313 creatures)
@disney (370 creatures)
@name (475 creatures)
@disneyland (511 creatures)
(TBD)

Whole Cove or List:
@sparklefox (23 list; 743 whole cove)
@lunacharm1037 (25 list; 236 whole cove)
@tetromino (30 list; 50 whole cove)
@mythisea (40 list; 685 whole cove)
@sulvas (45 list; 77 whole cove)
@Lykhaos117 (94 priority list; 165 whole cove)
@
(TBD)

List only:
@cho (30 creatures)
@
(TBD)

Will do feedbacks*:
@tetromino
@lexicon (with wallpost)
@mr-blue-bones (with wallpost)
@cottoncandycat12
(TBD)

*If you put an individual egg, please donโ€™t put your whole cove and/or a list up on the same account the individual egg is on to avoid redundancy, but it is okay to include a list and/or whole cove that is yours separate from the cove with the egg.
**I try to do feedbacks when I have time, but thatโ€™s sporadic, so I didnโ€™t put myself here.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 2:40 AM

Thank you @lykhaos117 for starting this thread! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Unscrambling guide for Travels of Terror:
https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/74059?page=1#1626489
Edit: New 2021 list https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/75752

@swmystery is my 100% feed-friendly side. (156)
For the month of October I'll be feeding from my main (obviously.) I would appreciate if people don't feed here, (but I'm not going to yell at people either.) If you do, *please* only feed my feed tab.
Feedbacks are sporadic, I have multiple health complications. (more likely to feedback those that feed on my swmystery side or people who PM me a request.)

I'm finding that feeding and the Donations Disaster are the best use of time for getting seeds quickly... the rest I'm just doing for fun. Anyone know anything to the contrary?

Mad Science:
My very first try I got it correct and got 18 seeds.
Later I was planning on picking a certain spot, but when i got to the page, one of my favorite deserts was there that always makes me smile. I had to pick it, and it was the correct one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Going to edit this whole post later (after I've had some sleep,) to post all my current questions and tips so people at least don't have to scroll through the rest of my posts.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 1 October 2021 at 2:47 AM

@snowywinter

Youโ€™re welcome, and added! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I also think stargazing is a good way to get seeds, but I think it gets harder when you solve more of the puzzles.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 2:56 AM

@lykhaos117 Thanks! sorry I forgot to include the number of creatures originally.
(Could you remove my main from the list above please... I sort of prefer people wandering to my cove organically. ๐Ÿ˜Š )

Oh, I LOVE the Stargazing! I wish so much we had a daily or even weekly activity similar to it. (Even if it only earned like 5 EC. lol.) I just did my fourth one, and it does seem to be getting a bit harder. I definitely had to pay attention. One connection almost "tricked" me.

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 1 October 2021 at 3:05 AM

Crud, just five constellations in and one misclick ruins my 100% accuracy I try to pride myself on. -_- It was one of those overlapping stars bits so I couldn't even see the missed one. (I think I actually did tap on it but obviously it didn't "take.") Just five constellations in!

...I know it means nothing but I've always done well at Stargazing and do my best to keep 100% accurate and it sucks to lose it, especially just five tries in. Now it's all besmirched and I'm not that motivated to continue. Sad sigh.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 1 October 2021 at 3:08 AM

@snowywinter

Just removed, and itโ€™s fine! Iโ€™m okay with checking numbers for whole coves since it displays. ๐Ÿ˜Š And I love puzzle-like activities, so it would be nice to see more of those.

@tehuti88

Oh no. โ˜น๏ธ Maybe try zooming in for future attempts?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 3:18 AM

Thank you (again) @lykhaos117 : )
I wish the Mad Science was less like the Asteroid (random), and maybe more about knowing which items were appropriate for the season. (But the randomness goes with the theme. Maybe the season thing would make for another Trivia based game - perhaps as a site regular in addition to the current daily?)

@wild_wonders at 3:00 am I just got half a Travel of Terror before looking it up! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'll take even getting half right as a win. lol
And you're welcome, I'm glad i could help ๐Ÿ˜Š

@tehuti88 Aw, that bites. I know how you feel. Even w/o a leaderboard, personal pride means a lot. (Before a page refresh I keeps seeing one less win that total, and it keeps freaking me out. ...but it's just because the most recent one wasn't tabulated.)

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 1 October 2021 at 3:26 AM

@lykhaos117 Do you mind adding @singasong99, @nightingale99 and @gaze please? They could definitely use some feeds!

@snowywinter I can't even tell any travels. The Travel of Terror is the only one I haven't won in yet. โ˜น๏ธ Anagrams aren't my thing.

@tehuti88 That's the worst! I've only gotten one and it took me 3 goes.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 3:33 AM

p.s. If anyone is looking for any extra coves to feed, there are a bunch of dying/mortal coves I've been trying to keep alive. I have most of them listed on swmFeedList's profile.

@singasong99
I may have just gotten the first one I'll lose. The guide has really been helping me figure them out (It just takes a few minutes. (Feeding is a better use of time... but how often do we get games on here?!)
(Thank you for doing what you did for AF's cove btw! whatever it is, it was nice going to feed and not see most of them hovering around 0%)

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 1 October 2021 at 3:40 AM

@snowywinter Feeding seems like a better option to me (both EC and seeds at the same time, win-win strategy!) so I've just stuck to that and the other games. The Corn Maze doesn't seem to give you any seeds though.

No problem! Hopefully her cove will stay alive longer. This way, more people will feed her cove! (and maybe some critter evolution teehee)

Edit: The Doovoo gives seeds and takes them in an alternating way. Take, win, take, win, take, win. So you can ask corresponding questions to make yourself feel better ๐Ÿ˜Š
When I asked it 'Are you dead?' it told me 'Mostly' and gave me 5 seeds.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 4:12 AM

@singasong99 I could be wrong, but doesn't the Corn Maze give random prizes? Did you check your inventory?
Hopefully someone can tell us, or say if they're getting anything (seeds.) Maybe there's a bug that needs to be reported (if enough people aren't getting anything.)

Edit:
Reposting my question from the blog here
Do we have to worry about losing items from inventory during this event? (Like Dragold)

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 1 October 2021 at 4:24 AM

@snowywinter I did get inventory prizes, but never seeds. I was lucky enough to come across a retired r100 item, though.
The staff didn't mention losing items, so I think no.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 4:32 AM

The Dragold travel is hard! (Wonders if this is the one that caught @tehuti88 - There was a spot on the legs that made me feel like it was the spot mentioned.)
But woot! just got my first random prize from this event.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 1 October 2021 at 4:55 AM

I'm not there yet. Which random prize are you referring to @snowywinter?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 5:13 AM

@singasong99 One of the retired travels. (Dragold constellation)

316 posts

ravensong • 1 October 2021 at 8:30 AM

Guide: Travels of Terror (2020 UPDATE!) and EggCavity's Travel Index and Trinket Travel Index are great tools to solve the Travels of Terror game!

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 1 October 2021 at 9:37 AM

Hats off to anyone who can fo travel of terrors without a guide. I do not have those skills

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 10:33 AM

Stargazing advice... if you mess up, leave the page then come back. Do not submit your answer. I just messed up, and it worked. Lower amt of seeds because it took longer, but it didn't count against my success rate.

-
On a personal not. Whew... that Mad Science. I was getting so good at it I probably was sitting around a 50% ave. I got a few correct in a row even. ...then I hit a losing streak of about 15 in a row. Oof.

Male
27 posts

glaselkj • 1 October 2021 at 11:53 AM

i got a question that i need help with does any know the name of this travel item if u do know it let me know eSnkto4 nerS(Bcaa isgpe) Si

349 posts

cho • 1 October 2021 at 12:18 PM

@lykhaos117 hi ๐Ÿ˜Š thanks for your effort!
please put @cho for list only
@name is completely feed friendly ๐Ÿ˜Š
I can feed coves / lists ๐Ÿ˜Š mainly do lists!

@wild_wonders instructions for unscrambling (if you still need it)
- the full instruction and tips are on this creature written by me ๐Ÿ˜Š

if anyone choose to post it somewhere else, please credit me!

As an example: gtDig akrs1e unnn ie)aS MaMer ttCao(ta
1. If need be, get rid of the "(Stage 1)" from the name but not necessary in Microsoft Word or any note pad.
2. So far you know it's a trinket and it's a Stage 1 Trinket.
3. Count all the spaces in between. This example has 5 spaces which means it's a travel with the name "xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx" (xxxx Stage 1).
4. Count and take out all the captial letters: "D M M C"
5. You are looking for a trinket travel that is "xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx" (Stage 1) containing the letters "D M M C" in ANY order.
6. Use "Ctrl + F" to find all the travels that is Stage 1 and quickly skim if any names contain those capital letters.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 12:37 PM

@glaselkj stop asking for the answer. If someone were to tell you, it would be cheating.
Follow the guides to figure it out. It can be difficult, but it feels good when you find it.

Male
27 posts

glaselkj • 1 October 2021 at 12:46 PM

sorry im not very good at solving it myself

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 October 2021 at 1:34 PM

@lykhaos117 I noticed just a bit ago that you added my list of mortal coves up top ^-^ TY...
I decided to add a note to the top of the profile. It turned out so well, I may just keep a variation there for the foreseeable future.

Heading to bed. Happy seed hunting everyone! โค๏ธ

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 1 October 2021 at 2:56 PM

My first monthly from the Cave this month has a star. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

@singasong99

Added! ๐Ÿ˜Š The Doovoo doesnโ€™t seem to alternate for me. Sometimes it will give or take consecutively.

@snowywinter

Youโ€™re welcome. ๐Ÿ˜Š And I think the Corn Maze gives random items relating to Halloween or from the Halloween Fair prize pool. Items in your inventory should be safe. Happy seed hunting to you as well! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ravensong

I added the 2021 guide from @megadash! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™ll add the Egg Cavity one as well. Is it true the site hasnโ€™t updated in a while though?

@cho

Youโ€™re welcome, and added the coves! Iโ€™ll add the guide, too. โค๏ธ

Female
441 posts

tetra • 1 October 2021 at 3:27 PM

@lykhaos117
thank you very much for doing this. very helpful tips!!
and congrats on the star creature!

I have a feed-friendly cove, can feed all or just the quick feed list.
whatever you prefer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I will feed back, just slowly but I'll always make sure to keep track of my notifications.

pinging other feed friendly coves:
@lady_dreamwyn
@shadowfaxe
@lexicon
@sulvas

Female
1,733 posts

lexicon • 1 October 2021 at 4:23 PM

@tetromino Thanks for the pingโค๏ธ

@lykhaos117 My whole cove is feed-friendly like @/tetromino said ๐Ÿ˜Š. I'll do feedbacks as well, just post on my wall if you'd like one and I'll do my best!

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 1 October 2021 at 5:37 PM

@lykhaos117 my whole cove is feed friendly ๐Ÿ˜Š I rarely have time to feed back, but I sometimes find some at ghe weekends. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 1 October 2021 at 10:27 PM

@lykhaos117 Whoa, lucky lucky! My first natural star was a Floicol.
The Doovoo always alternates for me.

I'm at my fourth Stargazing level. Gonna go to the 5th soon! No luck with the Travels of Terror yet though...

Female
844 posts

sulvas • 1 October 2021 at 10:47 PM

@lykhaos117 You can go ahead and add my feed friendly cove to the list it has 73 creatures or people can feed the 45 creature feed list. Thanks for making this post for everyone.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 1 October 2021 at 11:22 PM

@lykhaos117

@kaiserbakura and @nameless are both feed friendly.

Also any chance you could add https://eggcave.com/egg/2578272? This cove isn't feed friendly but my newest dragon could use a little love. I'm trying to hatch her.