⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,152 posts

cranberrycat1 • 13 February 2023 at 7:58 PM

I don't think ill be able to do today's quest task it takes up to much ec and im trying to save up my ec for something

i like @/nuts idea that would be useful today, but i also think as i mentioned before that I think it would be best to remove the quests out of the dailies thing.

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 13 February 2023 at 8:03 PM

@minnie298a See, to me there is a world of difference between doing quests for VEND creatures and doing them for these dailies. I understand the mentality of 'you get to earn tokens towards a VEND creature while doing this daily', but it really is different. While VEND creatures do 'retire', we still get a week's notice. And otherwise we can work at our own pace, knocking out a couple tokens per day, or doing more at a time when we have extra free time, etc.

But the daily is "You *MUST* complete all these quests TODAY in order for it to count towards the reward!", and imo that fact itself makes it more stressful.

Female
1,758 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 10:06 PM

@heatherm19
I do get that mentality as well. The "have to do it" over the "want to do it". The change in the motivation.

It was more as a way to reframe the comments along the lines of "I spent 30k and only got 200 ec back for completing the quest". The ec reward isn't the only one. There is value in the tokens as well, it's just not as immediate or blindingly obvious. If there is a creature you desire in the vend, dividing the trade value by the number of tokens can give an idea of what you can spend to still make the creature "cheap". Even if the creatures aren't what you want, they could still be used as trading fodder. From memory when the Foo retired, there were several people seeking them with out the means/time to get the tokens. So being able to get a creature on countdown may enable you to trade it for other things you do want.

On one hand, the quest daily is a short costly game with a seemingly small instant reward. However as part of a bigger picture, with a view to a longer goal to chip away at, the value changes.

The easiest way I can think of to help ease the pressure is to change the task from "complete" to "accept". Where you still get the point whether you complete or abandon the quest. It will help those who can't or don't want to spend the ec, but allow those who do want to do them more casually to do so.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 13 February 2023 at 11:38 PM

@minnie298a Oh, I actually REALLY like that idea. It's still forcing people to engage with the quest system, but people who can't afford the quests don't have to do them, and the people who do like quests have an extra incentive! There could even be a combination...higher quest counts (10+) only need to be accepted, while smaller quest counts (5 and below) could require completion.

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 14 February 2023 at 12:03 AM

@minnie298a @musicgurl333 I definitely like that idea! I was actually a little surprised that even the big quest-tasks (like this 10 one!) require you to *complete* them all instead of just attempting. It's often not actually within our control if we start but can't complete a quest (item not restocking or too outrageously expensive in user shops..) so I feel like actually completing them all shouldn't be required if the number is going to be more than 2 or 3. That would make it a lot more doable in general imo.

Female
10 posts

ohanasystem • 14 February 2023 at 12:30 AM

i'm definitely on board with accepting instead of completing! that's definitely much more achievable even for a player who starts that day.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 14 February 2023 at 12:43 AM

Having to visit the cave 20 times is kind of a ridiculous number of times. Assuming that I get my visit refreshed every 20 minutes, it will take 3.5 hours to get to 20 visits after my initial ten.

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 14 February 2023 at 12:55 AM

I think 20 times isnt too awful especially if youre out and about and every hour just happen to check the cave at your leisure, but I feel like this should be a once a month occurrence so people can skip it. @captaincookies

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 14 February 2023 at 1:36 AM

@captaincookies I agree. And that's the MINIMUM amount of time that it would take, assuming someone checks every 20 minutes on the dot. What if you aren't able to check it that often? What if you don't get on early enough in the day? Tough luck!

On top of that, it's ALSO a 300 feed day. With both of those tasks on the same day, that's getting to be quite a time investment! I think at this rate, people are going to get burned out on these quests pretty quickly.

I like that some people have suggested about having 6 tasks, but being able to skip 1.

(I feel like I've been complaining a lot...I do love the idea of these quests! With so many things only available for CC, this is a great way to make it more available. It's also a great way to encourage people to use the site more. If I had given feedback earlier in the month, I would have been a lot more positive, but these last two days of dailies are starting to feel like a bit much.)

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 14 February 2023 at 4:43 AM

Twenty cave attempts are excessive. I checked the cooldown with a timer and noted about 3 hours of waiting for this round of cave ten extra cave attempts since ten free + 10 more = 20. I might also do some tracking for the quest but for pricing reasons. Especially if you are racing against the clock a lot; it was bad enough I got screwed by the 15 cave attempts a few days ago due to the lousy RNG cooldown and me forgetting because it was a busy, exhausting work day till the last hours or so (you folks are lucky my family doesn't have any no smartphone at table rules) since it was like ~2 hour left had to do that well eating which was awkward. I still got screwed for the 15 one.

As I said before, I don't want to risk playing at work and getting in trouble with the boss, and I don't think that's your folk's intention. Overnighters (not ideal), I'm used to that (not all are); it's how I do the double feed days, assuming I'm not too tired to pull one off and there are no major out-of-the-ordinary plans for the next day. My reason for those is that the timezone difference creates shenanigans in my case, rollovers usually rolling into mealtimes and occasionally Zoom-type meeting times. Though I prefer not doing overnighters on a work night, I have done it for another site, so if push comes to shove, I could do that for EC, too (weekend nights are okay), but I would prefer not to have to.

Still, I really would like to find out if I can claim the CC this month since I got screwed up this month since I started late, and February doesn't have at least 30 days, so I might already be screwed as It seems 14+9=, only 23 days (would have been 24 had the cave not be rude that one day). Plus, more warning of what the CC event was would have the help. I could have rushed over earlier in the month. There is at least a five-day leeway for most of the month, but not February, which is only 28 days, which only leaves only a three-day leeway, and it does not help when you find out stuff late when looking into something else, so end up starting late.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 February 2023 at 8:53 AM

20 Cave Approaches - Daily

Even as someone who *can* get in 40+ Cave approaches in in a day if I put my mind to it, 20 seems a bit excessive in regards to people who have circumstances beyond their control.

(At 15 I bit my tongue, as I think that's fine as a HARD level, and with the right time management should be doable for most players and lean in favor of the site.
But 20? I have no life and sometimes that's just not or barely possible even for me. Especially when the algorithm decides to keep throwing up 27 - 29 minute wait times all day.
I really feel for people who have other time commitments.)

Edit 12:09am Feb 15th
For the record, i did 46 cave attempts yesterday... and I still believe the 20 cave attempts is excessive.

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 14 February 2023 at 1:00 PM

@alraune3
I'm part of that team too!

I am on the "I hate quests" team.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 14 February 2023 at 1:55 PM

I’ve just started my dailies today, it’s almost 7pm, it will be an absolute miracle if I manage an additional 10 cave attempts to complete this daily before I need to sleep. I already skipped yesterday because I didn’t want to do 10 quests >.> IMO the dailies shouldn’t be the sort of thing that you need the entire day to do, they should be possible to complete regardless of when you log on. If we can only play at night or at very limited times, we’re at a huge disadvantage :/

Female
1,655 posts

alraune3 • 14 February 2023 at 2:16 PM

Thanks @elluwah, same here. I am starting my dailies now, it's 8:15 p.m. here. 20 cave attempts will take quite a long time. But at least no quests today!😊

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 14 February 2023 at 2:48 PM

@musicgurl333 I like the 6 tasks idea, with being able to skip one

316 posts

ravensong • 14 February 2023 at 9:29 PM

Oh my goodness, so it wasn't just me who though 20 was excessive. I understand that they want us to be more active but maybe make sure the quests are achievable within idk, 2 hours? That way we don't have to live on our devices checking EC every 30 mins.

Female
916 posts

saturna • 14 February 2023 at 10:37 PM

Didn't realize the daily would be for 20 cave attempts until about 10 minutes ago (I tend to do them within the last few hours because it's when I'm used to checking up on the website). 15 was hard enough, and sure enough I was immediately hit with a 27-minute cooldown. I had already exhausted all my leeway days due to my hesitation to commit to the dailies at first (which was admittedly my own fault)-- There goes my shot at 100 CC and several days worth of dailies wasted :[

Gender Nonconforming
231 posts

dibabeebees • 14 February 2023 at 11:12 PM

The 20 cave attempts is really inaccessible, 15 sure but 20 is a bit too much

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 15 February 2023 at 12:05 AM

Uh, looks like the new dailies are showing multiple times each? @Ian @Orderedchaos
https://nimb.ws/BiTdcJ

Female
909 posts

icecream • 15 February 2023 at 12:11 AM

20 cave attempts is way too high. But even 15 cave attempts is too much for me. If this challenge could be made more rare, or if we had the option to skip this challenge/swap it with a different challenge, that would be great.
It's already shown up like four or five times now. I can't play for large windows of time, and I don't have time to log in to egg cave so many times just to check the cave, so I will miss out on getting the CC this month. ☹️

Female
1,758 posts

minnie298a • 15 February 2023 at 2:50 AM

@heatherm19
Mine did that early on, like day 3 or 4 or something. I put it down to a new event sort of visual glitch.

I can tell you that each task was only required to be completed once (I normally feed 1k creatures, and only the top feed bar filled), and the wheel bonus added up and could be done. So it looked weird, but functioned normally which is why I didn't mention it at the time.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 16 February 2023 at 10:18 PM

This might be a hot take, but I think that the daily quests to visit the click exchange are making it way more useful to actually get clicks. Some may just chalk this up to the chocolates event, but I had been noticing it before the event started. I'm glad to report that my creatures have been getting more than one click a day (woohoo)

Female
1,758 posts

minnie298a • 16 February 2023 at 10:53 PM

@captaincookies
As someone who primarily feeds through the XC (and likes to keep their balance at a number ending in 000), it is definitely more active since the dailies started. Before I'd be lucky to get 5 hits overnight while asleep, and now it's more like 30 to 150. Plus I'm "topping up" several times a day just to keep the number nice and pretty.

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 17 February 2023 at 12:16 AM

.... Another '10 quests' daily. 10 really is too much, especially given the others we also have to do (including feeding *three hundred* creatures today...). I remember staff mentioning something about how 1 task per day would be a simple one-click type of thing (Trivia, Sandrodons, etc) and I think that's a great start but maybe the other tasks need to be a bit more balanced too. If we have a high feed-amount task, the quest task should be lower, that sort of thing.
(Though I do like that we have a quest task and a 'buy from shops' task in the same day, they kind of go together!)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 17 February 2023 at 8:25 AM

I have gone numb to these quests already and I've only done 27 of them, 10 of them being today and I was numb when I started.

I am only doing them because I don't want to waste all the effort I put into all of the other tasks for the past 2 weeks.

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 17 February 2023 at 3:57 PM

I am on the "I hate quests" team.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 17 February 2023 at 7:40 PM

@captaincookies It definitely helps, while the event is helping as well.

I managed to get more than 40 clicks in on some of my creatures in the click exchange yesterday. A day with an event running + a click exchange task.
Today with the event running and no click exchange task, those same creatures are only getting a little more than 20 clicks in the same amount of time. So roughly half of the attention they got yesterday.

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 17 February 2023 at 7:55 PM

As I've said previously on this thread, I don't think users would mind quests as much if the VEND stock was added to. 😊 That said, ten quests is a lot, generally speaking. 1, 3, and 5 sounds better to me. Personally, I'm working towards quest creatures and I have time to get ten in. But it's not fair to others at all who don't have time to complete ten and don't have interest in obtaining a quest creature (whether to keep or to sell for profit).

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 18 February 2023 at 12:10 AM

Just a little typo in today's daily:

Use or Consume 10 Items
Use or consume 3 items in your Inventory. Generic actions like moving, discarding, or donating do not apply.

The counter to the right shows 10, so I'm assuming the 3 just wasn't changed from last time.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 18 February 2023 at 1:55 AM

Looking at the Current Progress timer... Does this really mean that your days' worth of progress resets at the end of the calendar month? So if you miss a few days, and can no longer make it to 25 in time, just give up on the rest of the month's dailies...? Ouch.