⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 11 February 2023 at 10:42 AM

I don't really like having to complete quests as a task. Finding the items is easy, but the prices people charge in the user shops for even the cheapest items in the regular shops is outrageous

Female
2,152 posts

cranberrycat1 • 11 February 2023 at 12:15 PM

I feel like for the quest ec reward should be higher since each items is at least 4k ec in the shops and for the 5 quests we need to get between 5-10 items. That is like 20-40k ec (if the items are 4k ec) and the reward is 300 ec it doesn’t seam fair to me.

Today I think I spent ~ 35k ec on quests and I did 3 miserable meltdown quests which are only 1 item

But there are some shops that are just for show and if you get one of those items in your quests it’s a little bit of a pain because you have to wait a hour for the quest to reload if you abandon it. There are also some shops where one item is 30 k ec and I personally abandon those quests since I want to save my ec.

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 11 February 2023 at 4:22 PM

Regarding the topic of questing, and how you'll search for an item and find it priced very high as display is a shop... Let's introduce item galleries! :,)

Having an item gallery would...
- remove the frustration caused from searching for a quest item and finding one for 99,999,999 EC.
- add another activity to the site.
- allow and inspire users to be creative.

I've had a shop for display myself, and even so, when I search for quest items and see other users displaying items at high prices, it bothers me. XD I'd rather just see NO ITEM show up when I search. A completely separate gallery feature would solve this.

Please visit this thread if you'd like to give input on a gallery feature. 😊

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 11 February 2023 at 5:17 PM

AGAIN this daily: Complete 5 Quests?
By the gods! Just NO
I won't even try, because I know I won't even make it. :/

Please remove this daily. PLEASE (︶︹︺)

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 February 2023 at 12:03 AM

I personally really enjoy the quest dailies (they're probably my favorite daily) even though that seems to be the very minority opinion. Just saw the 10 quest daily for today though and oh boy.... *grabs popcorn*... I can see why others would be upset with that amount. I thought 5 was a good 'hard' level for those who don't normally quest, but 10 does seem like too much for those who don't have a good stockpile in their storage.

*Reminder/Tip for those who normally don't quest: Miserable Meltdown is the only quest that asks for 1 item, so those are normally the easiest to complete!

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 13 February 2023 at 12:08 AM

TEN QUESTS?! Seriously? I have the ability to be here a lot throughout the day but even I'm frustrated with that. TEN. Quests. Really. I don't do that many in a day even when actively working towards a specific VEND creature! That's just way too much.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 13 February 2023 at 12:11 AM

@mithmel Oh boy...wait until you see the daily for today. 10 QUESTS?!?!? I didn't love the 5 quest daily, but it honestly wasn't as bad as I expected. It cost a fair bit of EC, but I figured it was worth it since the final prize is 100 EC, plus I can work towards vending machine creatures. But 10?!?!? That feels EXCESSIVE. I know it's supposed to be a challenge but this, plus the fact that we can only skip 3 DAYS this month feels like too much. If we were able to skip more days, then the people who hate quests could just pass on this one. But I've already missed two days, and will likely miss one more before the end of the month. That means I HAVE to do this stupid 10 quest nonsense, or I'll be out of the running.

Non-binary
22 posts

jazzanna • 13 February 2023 at 12:21 AM

I don't have time to do 10 quests at all today or any day. I'm pretty bummed.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 13 February 2023 at 12:49 AM

10 quests is alot. I check the prices on both items before I buy and only do quests 10k-ish or less.

Even then 10k x 10 is 100k. All we get back for the daily quests is a couple hundred ec. We lose quite a bit every time these quest dailies come around.

If it was only a couple of quests like 3-5 and up the rewards to at least somewhat cover the costs of doing the quest, people might be more inclined to do them.

As it is now it as a daily, I don't see newbie (or poorer) players being able to do. With how many times we have already gotten it as a daily (twice in thirteen days) if it continues this way- we get another two quest dailies this month- they won't have enough of the monthly challenge completed to get the prize

Female
1,655 posts

alraune3 • 13 February 2023 at 1:20 AM

I am on the "I hate quests" team. Being forced to do 10 of them is really unpleasant.☹️ I have neither time nor desire to do them, not to mention the loads of EC needed. A possibility to swap tasks would be really useful.

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 13 February 2023 at 2:16 AM

Quest can be tricky if you still need to save EC, and I was trying to save some for SARC. To make it even worse, if you end up against the clock with only ~30 minutes - 1 hour left and get lousy rng on a batch of them, you're screwed. Luckily today's RNG was nice for me, at least considering its rudeness a few days ago.

As for the ten quests & on a weekday too, that was excessive for me. I made a few mistakes here and there as I did not realize a few had such close names; I should have caught that. It was over 50,000 EC spent. So the reward should probably be higher for that.

On another note, as it is right now, what I'm doing is risky as I am not even sure I will be able to claim the CC this month since February is a short month with only 28 days (usually). I started late, like on the 3-5th since I had only initially come by to see if there was info on Valentine's day event's start date, and noticed the EC dailies had started. Then I got screwed up one busy work day & forget till the last hour or so and then got a lousy cave rng cooldown of ~24 minutes before it would let me make the 15th and last attempt; I needed to complete the quest, but I had only ~3 minutes lefts before rollover so got screwed up by the cove's RNG there. That mess also created a domino effect as it messed up my dailies on another site. I panicked with the EC dailies, and the other sites' dailies slipped my mind. As for forgetting, I tried to set up a desktop calendar reminder; that's naggy. It helps a bit as it works at least 95% of the time with the other site, so it should also help with EC dailies. I will need to watch out for vacation travel timezones eeks too.

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 13 February 2023 at 2:25 AM

10 quests?!!! Nope, I'm skipping today. I may end up spending more than the equivalent of 100CC at the rate things are going.

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 13 February 2023 at 2:33 AM

I just saw today's quest. 10 quests!? Already only 3 or 5 I find it a lot and excessively expensive, considering the fact that you have to wait hours at the store, or pay very expensive to other players, but 10!? I think it's too much... Quests should be limited to 3, or 5 at the limit, but even 5 I thought was too much...

Non-binary
109 posts

dragonelle • 13 February 2023 at 9:05 AM

"Complete 10 Quests" seriously ? 5 it's already too hard...

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 13 February 2023 at 9:16 AM

I just completed the quests, only to earn 699 EC. Not only is it long, but it's also a waste of money, since I spent between 30 and 40,000 EC, to recover barely 700...
5 is already a very good difficult level I think

78 posts

kediset • 13 February 2023 at 9:51 AM

I take back what I said about 5 quests... 10?!?! That's gonna burn through what I managed to gather yesterday..

Female
1,336 posts

sartre • 13 February 2023 at 10:22 AM

I have done 75 quests in a day so 5 or 10 quests is no big deal for me. I get all my money back by feeding.

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 13 February 2023 at 10:27 AM

Five quests is okay, but doing 10 is way too much! I think I'll skip today

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 13 February 2023 at 10:50 AM

@mrsgiggles "I may end up spending more than the equivalent of 100CC at the rate things are going."

This is actually a really good point and something that should maybe be considered going forward if things are hopefully tweaked by staff. The opportunity to get 100CC without paying real money is a wonderful idea, but if you end up having to *spend* more than that just to complete the tasks it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Quests can be prohibitively expensive, there is no way around that. Even with the ability to cancel quests that are totally undoable, most users an only be here for awhile each day and TEN quests is a *lot* to have to do in one day and canceling a quest can be risky time-wise.

We should definitely get a higher ec reward for tasks like this that *require* us to spend a ton just to get it done.

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 13 February 2023 at 12:26 PM

@bluewolf - thanks for the tip. I'm mostly going to focus on the Meltdown quests today

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 13 February 2023 at 12:36 PM

@heatherm19 agreed. It’s not the buying/using ec I’m worried about but it’s gaining it back as a reward. :,]

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 13 February 2023 at 12:52 PM

In a month: 5, 10, 15 quest mission shows up (30 quests)
each quest is 2 items (60 items)

if:
each item is 4k or less (240k EC)
each item is 6k or less (360k EC)
not recommended - just cancel: each item is 10k or less (600k EC)

all is still less than the 1m EC you can change your 100 CC to

plus you also gain tokens that you can change to a creature from the VEND, which you can then sell (leyma, tawny, skrulline min 300 CC or 3m EC)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 13 February 2023 at 12:57 PM

I did ten meltdown quests in about 2 hours. Could probably have done it faster, but I got distracted with something else and went more than 5 minutes before remembering doing a new quest. It still wasn't fun, it was more of a chore.

I honestly had half a mind to just give up on doing the tasks at all today and take a break... But it's not like I had anything important to do anyway and if this month had 30 days, I definitely would have skipped, but I don't feel like I can afford it with only 2 days of leeway left this month and who knows if something comes up. At least I did have half the items I needed and got lucky with the rest for about 22k in user shops.

At the very least I knew what I was doing as opposed to my introduction to quests this month, that so happened to be on a day I was busy, so I was both a bit panicky and confused. I didn't know where to find the user shops and the NPC shops yielded 3 items that was of use to me in the span of 6 hours.

Other than the quests... I actually don't have an issue with the rest of the tasks, there are ways around som of them. Like posting on your own wall or just posting in forum games if you don't really feel the need to talk to anyone (or complain about something XD)

Female
2,748 posts

jlya • 13 February 2023 at 1:10 PM

10 quests is way too much. Very difficult to complete. I don't like this daily. It's all fun and games until none of the user shops or NPC shops have the items you're looking for.

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 13 February 2023 at 1:23 PM

A thought: Add to the VEND stock now rather than later. It will give users an additional / better incentive to complete quests.

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 13 February 2023 at 2:25 PM

@daisycat My concern with that, an granted it may be completely unfounded but I can't help wondering... Is there any sort of 'some in some out' with VEND creatures? As in, if they add say 5 new creatures to VEND, will that mean having to 'retire' some of the ones currently available? Maybe that wouldn't be an issue at all, I don't know how that works behind the scenes, I just know I have a good 5+ current VEND creatures I still want to get...

re the quests tasks, I want to be clear that I personally don't have much issue with it. 10 is a bit excessive even for me, but I have the privilege (read: no life/job/etc) to be here constantly and I'm not going to struggle with getting those quests done. But when it comes to online games, my concern is always for the playerbase as a whole regardless of my circumstances. And in general I just don't think 10 quests in 1 day is very feasible for a lot of users, especially given how few days we can 'skip' and still be eligible for the CC . And the very simple fact that quests rely heavily on luck/chance, with some NPC shops not stocking needed items at all throughout the day and user shops often having ridiculous prices... It's just a bit too much imo.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 13 February 2023 at 2:45 PM

I am completely disappointed in the quest daily. I remember when it appeared for the first time, users asked to reduce the number to 2. Even 5 quests were quite a lot, because I had to click coves quite too much to pay for quest items. But 10 quests is a black hole for time. I've been sitting for almost 2 hours and mindlessly clicking creatures that just blur before my eyes.

It happened exactly what I was afraid of - interesting dailies turned into a annoying routine. Such a waste of time is not commensurate with the reward. I spent a huge amount of time and EC today and I hope it won't happen again. You know, I just want to PLAY, because I'm already have a job where I need to work - repeating same action day by day. It's not so negative reaction - I'm tired, I lost my interest in playing dailies, this routine doesn't attract me.

Also some negative is caused by users who set a colossal price for quest items, it's make completing quests more slowly and repulsive.

@snowywinter I completely agree with you, it's burnout for me too. I feel very sorry for you and hope that it will be more pleasant to play in the future. I would be very happy to give up the dailies and would never remember it myself, but I can't buy CC for money (which I have), cos our transactions are blocked and I have to click creatures to the state of zombies, I understand you very well.

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 13 February 2023 at 3:52 PM

Complete 10 Quests?

Thank you, it really helped everyone

(irony)

Female
1,758 posts

minnie298a • 13 February 2023 at 7:03 PM

Personally, I haven't had a problem with the Quest Dailies. However, I'm also aware that I have a couple of advantages (ie I can plan my own day, have a healthy ec bank balance, and have a rather diverse strongroom from years of randomly buying items even before quests were a thing). I've also been doing quests for fun for a while to build up my tokens.

In saying that, I think people also need to take into account the token/vend prizes into the costs and rewards for doing quest. For example a vend Hallowolf has a trading value of 800CC (8mil ec) for the 100 Going Global tokens it costs. So theoretically, you could spend 80,000 per token (or 40k per travel) and still come out even. Spend less and you earn yourself a bargain. The Maskey is about 200k per token. Some may not be as economical, eg the Renbogi (the only prize that requires only Meltdown tokens) has a value of 200k, which is about 2000 ec per token. Point is, have a look at the vend prizes, and you may find something you really want for extra motivation and value. Creatures can also leave the vend machine. The last to do so was the Foo on October 1st. There was only a weeks warning it was "running out of stock".

Also remember that quests are tied directly to a NPC store. Speed Reading is Leila Library, Gourmet is to the General Store ect. The Bean Sack and Trinket Travels npc shops currently have no quests. So if you are going to concentrate on Meltdown quests because it's only one item, hang out at Finley's Flavors as well, Try to restock a variety of items directly from there and start to build up a stash so you aren't as reliant on restocks and player shops.

735 posts

nut • 13 February 2023 at 7:40 PM

seconding @minnie298a! I would also like to add that if more users were active in selling items in user shops, prices would go down and available items would increase, so we can all help each other out with quests 👀 stock up your strongroom diversity by buying a few 1-3k items from NPC shops a day and sell your extras!

furthermore I’d like to suggest, similar to how we only have to complete 25 total days of the month, perhaps make one task per day optional out of the 5. (or increase to 6 even, but require 5/6 to be completed.) that way, people extremely against quests can just skip that task. personally I like the quests but I understand it’s definitely not for everyone!