⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

78 posts

kediset • 8 February 2023 at 12:57 PM

I personally am ok with the 15 item purchase.. I need to purchase stuff anyways for the donations task (since any items I have in storage are stuff I want to use for myself), so two birds with one stone.. and just pick up the cheapest items o-o

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 8 February 2023 at 3:12 PM

I mainly looked for low-priced items when it came to the purchasing task

735 posts

nut • 8 February 2023 at 3:24 PM

agreeing with above, I think 15 item purchase is fine 😊 lots of stuff in general food store that's super cheap

I think now that it's been a week I've been settling into the dailies routine! I think it's definitely increased site activity and overall I have really enjoyed it. sometimes I clear them just doing things I would have done anyway.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 8 February 2023 at 3:32 PM

Honestly... I bought like 700 items the other day, trying to do quests. 15 items is pocket change in comparison to the nearly half a million EC I burned that day. XD

Also I wasn't necessarily trying to buy cheap things today, I focused on items I didn't already have since this task might as well be useful for when we have to do quests again later.

Besides EC are easy enough to come by.

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 8 February 2023 at 7:06 PM

I have to admit, I love seeing lots of active players on Forum Games.
There were years and years without life and without movement.
Thank you from the heart

I liked the mission: Restock 15 Items
Thanks

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 8 February 2023 at 9:40 PM

I agree that buying 15 items doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive task, and personally that's one of those 'things I do anyways' tasks for me, I do think it might be better if the number was a bit lower. For users who don't have much interest in quests or keeping a user-shop, 15 is a bit much if they probably aren't interested in the items themselves.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 8 February 2023 at 10:31 PM

At first I thought the 15 item task seemed like a lot, but it honestly wasn't that bad. I can see how it might be a challenge for really new members who don't have much EC yet, but I spent under 9k on the task, and whatever I don't use/need can get resold. For players who don't use items or keep a shop, I can see how it might feel like a waste, but NO task is going to make everyone happy. I don't think this seems unreasonable.

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 8 February 2023 at 10:39 PM

@Ian progress ring for the monthly quest (ie. 8/25 showing progress in a circle for completed daily quests) has its side cut off- seemingly by the circle image not fitting into the space allotted. :]

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 9 February 2023 at 12:09 AM

@pet_cemetery Yeah like I'm going to be sleeping between the Alkub Racing reset time and the site-wide reset time lmao. At least let it count towards the quest if you've already done it

17 posts

alice_meri_fox • 9 February 2023 at 12:14 AM

I don’t like that I’m being told I have to post 3 times every day to complete a task. There are only so many generic comments I can make on profiles and forums before I start sounding like a robo-spammer.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 February 2023 at 12:18 AM

@alice_meri_fox
If you are having trouble coming up with posts you can always visit Forum Games. There are several that take little to no effort and can get you your posts for the daily pretty quickly. And as for walls, you can always just post on your own wall, you can even delete the post after you make it.

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 9 February 2023 at 2:59 PM

At least the donations task is helping me clear a lot of constellation travels from Halloween Fairs past out of my strongroom

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 9 February 2023 at 3:16 PM

@mysticgirl916
i know! i’m kicking myself for donating them as soon as i got them :/ if only i could see into the future…
the only thing i’m having a hard time with so far is posting on the forums. the games are fun and an easy way to get the daily done, but under every other category there’s one page of posts and then eevvveeerryyything else has been locked. perhaps the forums could use a bit of a refresh? i’d like to use the dailies as a chance to actually talk to people but the choices seem so limited.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 February 2023 at 3:17 PM

@sorrow
Those topics have been locked due to age. If you want to talk about something that's in a locked topic you can simply create a new topic for it. That is totally fine.

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 9 February 2023 at 3:40 PM

I'm having a lot of fun with the donations task, it's nice to actually see items in the donation center for a change! At first I just tossed in a few cheap/common items, but now each day that it's a task I go through my strongroom to see if anything jumps out at me that I think might be a nice surprise for someone to find.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 February 2023 at 9:58 PM

This isn't criticism of the new features, this is a "me" thing. This is just feedback.
But I am totally burnt out by it. Past three days I pretty much stopped caring. Two days ago i even forgot to collect the bonus EC for feeding.
I pushed myself too hard tying to meet the Daily tasks. Ones that normally are activities I'd avoid because I know myself to know well enough to leave them alone. Or to pace myself on certain things.
Now it's bled over to where I'm just getting through feeding in a zombified haze.
Some people just aren't built for all the things.
(Oddly enough, I think the straw that broke my will was trying to decide on 5 items to give a creature in a day. I'm used to planning these things out months in advance. Then having to do that a few days in a row.)

Spending less time on the site now and getting back to a backlog of TV shows.

Best wishes to everyone still striving to get those 25 days, Cheers to those having fun, and to those who may have already given up... don't beat yourself up over it.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 10 February 2023 at 2:47 AM

Todays restock items quest was much better than the last one! 5 items is definetly much easier and cheaper than 15

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 10 February 2023 at 3:41 AM

Adding to what @/snowywinter said... I do think looking at this long-term it might be a bit too much. We are still in that beginning stage where it's new an challenging an fun (well, more or less), but realistically how many users will be able to keep up over the course of the month, every single month?

The *constant* social interaction tasks are going to wear on many people's nerves eventually, if it hasn't already... I think one or two social-interaction type tasks a week might be better an easier? It's just, one day you have to post 3 times on the forums, the next day it's 3 posts on user's walls, not everyone is comfortable being that social all the time.

The every single day (I think it's been nearly every day so far?) feeding tasks are going to become difficult to keep up with as well. Some people simply aren't able to feed hundreds of creatures every single day! If it was a lower number it may be easier, though I still think the amount of days required are going to make it difficult.

Personally I'm still having fun with the dailies and I'm able to be on here a lot, but just think about the amount of time an effort this is going to take every single day. 'Approach the cave' tasks are 100% dependent on the site's random cooldown-timer unless the number is 10 or lower. As some have mentioned, some of the games like Alkub racing don't reset at midnight but mid-day or evening, which can definitely be an issue if you have to wait for it to reset before doing that task that day.

I think, looking at this long-term, it would be more realistically feasible if the number of daily tasks were cut down (maybe 2 or 3 a day?), and/or if the number of days needed to complete each month was lower. I understand there has to be some challenge to it, since the site is giving away currency that they normally get money from selling, but maybe there can be a better balance so it's still challenging but also more practical for more players?

(Sorry for any typos, stupid keyboard...)

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 10 February 2023 at 11:39 PM

as a full-time student, i barely have enough time on my hands as is, and although i find that most dailies are within reach, one of them in particular stands out for me - the "approach the cave 15 times" one.

It's a bit frustrating, because most of the time, by the time i get the chance to log in, it's already about 11pm ECT and at that point it's impossible to approach the cave 15 times due to the cooldowns in between approaches.

that brings up the question as to whether or not the "Complete 25 days worth of dailies for your monthly reward of 100 CaveCash." includes dailies that have been done but not in a full set of 5. by that i mean, if i've completed all the dailies, save for the approach the cave one, does it not count toward my total "25 days' worth"?

i don't know if this is already the case, but it would be great if instead of counting days worth, the total number of dailies completed were counted instead, i.e. 25*5 = "125 total dailies" done instead of "25 days".

and to resolve what i believe the issue may be with the 15 times daily, i would greatly appreciate it if either the number of approaches necessary to complete the daily could be reduced (to, say, 12 or 13 for example), or the cooldown could be lessened (less likely).

thanks for all that you do, and besides that, i really don't have any other criticisms. ❤️

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 10 February 2023 at 11:48 PM

@shadowfaxe

I actually really like your 'total tasks' vs 'total days' suggestion! It doesn't stress people out so much to do every quest every day, and that they can skip the ones they can't/won't do. I really hope this suggestion gets implemented.

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 11 February 2023 at 12:16 AM

@shadowfaxe As far as I know, a daily doesn't count towards the 25-days unless you complete all of that day's tasks and get the "Complete Today's Dailies" progress-checkmark.

A lot of us have talked about total tasks instead of total days, it would give a lot more leniency to users who have jobs/school/etc.

Regarding my last post, I'd just like to reiterate how time-consuming this is. Today's new tasks include feeding *two hundred* creatures *and* buying 10 items from shops *and* completing 5 quests (which in itself can take over an hour depending on your luck finding the items...). Plus site trivia and posting profile comments. Imo that's a lot to ask for in a day, especially every single day.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 February 2023 at 12:30 AM

@heatherm19

The 5 Quests in a day is one I'm not even going to *try* to complete. It wears me out just doing one. I know a lot of people just cancel quests and wait for the cool-down to run out, but I actually spend the day refreshing at the NPC shops. (I feel a sense of pride when I can find an item on my own. The waiting, the patience, the victory. The win is all that much sweeter.)
Unless the algorithm is changed to allow for more items in the shops, with some of the dailies also being "restock,"/buying items, I don't see how this can accommodate so many players at once on this site.
Players have asked for it before for the shops to have a better refresh rate. Now we need something, anything. Even in the middle of the night I see shops running out now.
Shorter time between the shops restocking, more items per page, more items restocked at a time? Something, any of it, all of it.

Female
1,336 posts

sartre • 11 February 2023 at 12:32 AM

Started my tasks at 12:00 And finished at 12:29 and I’m on mobile

1,134 posts

hikanu • 11 February 2023 at 12:32 AM

I can tell the quests are what is going to make me give up eventually.

I ran through a set of quests, 1 of every category. I have more than 600 unique items. Not a single one of them was useful.

What do I need to sacrifice to RNGesus to get some luck around here? XD

Edit: Have gone through twice now. 4 items in the wrong colors is the closest I've gotten.

Female
760 posts

okami • 11 February 2023 at 12:39 AM

I also really like the idea of rewarding the cc voucher based on total tasks completed instead of the total days completed. It seems like a good solution for a multitude of problems/concerns I've seen noted on this thread.

I will point out though that if the number is kept at 25 days (or 125 tasks), then it will lead to more CC being given out in the total tasks completed scenario compared to total days completed. That sounds confusing, so I'll explain it a different way! Right now, users are able to earn up to 1200 cc per year (100cc/month) since the number resets at the beginning of the month. With the current setup, there are several days each month that don't count towards the cc voucher (~65 days). So if the way to get the dailies cc was changed to total tasks instead of total days, that would give users an additional 325 tasks that they could complete for cc.

If it was changed to total tasks completed, then users would actually be able to earn up to 1400 cc per year (365 / 25= 14.6, so round down to 14 times that the 100cc voucher can be earned in a year). Sure that doesn't sound like a huge difference from an individual perspective, but that extra 200cc adds up a ton across the whole user-base, and I'm unsure if staff would be open to that increase. [Small edit: If the number of tasks required to get the cc voucher were increased to 30 then that would make it so users could only earn up to 1200cc per year]

Although my math may be extremely wrong because I am awful with numbers, so double check all that LOL.

Another similar suggestion that I've seen is to reward cc at the end of the month based on how many days/tasks were completed. If someone met the full requirement then they'd get the 100cc, but instead of a user getting nothing if they did not meet that requirement, maybe they could get 50cc as long as they got at least halfway there? (Although I do still like the total tasks suggestion better than this one)

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 11 February 2023 at 1:34 AM

I noticed slight issues. Yesterday was busy at work, so when I got a chance to do yesterday's task once I got back home, I was basically against the clock. Luckily I'm used to having to do fast clicking/tapping. I could only do all but 1 task because the cave was rude and gave me a 25-minute cool down before I could do attempt 15, which I desperately needed before rollover when I had only like 2 minutes left before rollover. So unable to claim yesterday because of a rude cave RNG. Resulting in me getting screwed up a second time; this time, it wasn't my fault. It was the cave RNG being rude. I don't want to be forced to play under the table at work and risk getting caught and in trouble with the boss. I will try to do them right after the rollover, but sometimes things happen, and I can't. Yikes, this also caused me to screw another site's dailies.
At this rate, I'm only doing these now in hopes the day the need to claim for the CC is reduced; if it's not going to be, it is pointless to do it for this month. March would be a better gauge since it has at least 30 days as it is a 31-day month.

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 11 February 2023 at 1:40 AM

@dragongirl02 exactly!! i had the exact same issue (see my post above) and it's incredibly frustrating. it's not eggcave's fault that we have busy lives, but it also feels incredibly unfair to have to lose our chance at getting the prize due to an unfortunate timing issue.

Female
1,757 posts

minnie298a • 11 February 2023 at 1:58 AM

@bluewolf
I did a little task based math a couple of days/pages ago. Mine still worked on the month system though, not a reset when your complete. But basically I worked on the limit being 120 tasks. That's 4 tasks each day for 30 days. At the time it was in regards to "skipping" the social task, but being players choice skipping the quests or a large feed would be just as easy. It also means that on a day where you only have 5 minutes you could still do a quick trivia question or play a game and progress, and catch up a little later on. However you still only had the calendar month, so if you did all 5 tasks every day you would finish quicker, and only get the ec rewards for the remaining days.

In saying all that, I'm alright at the moment with how the system works. Especially since the blog comment task was eliminated. Although my main issue with that was the amount, so a requirement of 1 would have been OK occasionally (means just a "Wow, looks fun" on todays post would have sufficed). With the days, this is a short month. There is an extra couple of days normally, so if it stays at 25 days it means you can miss 5 or 6 not 3.

My only other issue has been mentioned before, and that's the reset timers on the Wall of Sandrodon and Alkub Racing. It's a time zone thing. Can't be bothered working out the Wall, but Racing resets at 9am for me, with change of day at 3pm. I could leave it until after the day reset, but that leaves the chance of me forgetting if it's not a daily. I've been using the you won/you lost notifications as a reminder.

Also, are the rewards the same for every one, or is it a random amount each? For example I got 193ec for the 200 feeds task.

Edited to add more math: I've been taking notes since the 3rd. I've worked out an average of 563 ec per task. One individual task as low as 112 and one as high as 999.

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 11 February 2023 at 4:33 AM

If we are to do quests for a daily, at least make it one instead of five?

One asked me for an item that costs 900,000 EC on a user's shop!

And I spent over 80k EC to complete the 5 quests today (not counting that 900,000 EC item that I ditched the quest eventually). This won't be good for people that won't have so many EC to spend.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 11 February 2023 at 9:05 AM

The quests daily is draining me, I don’t want to spend the amount of EC required for this and can’t imagine what it must be like for people who don’t have much EC already.

Really wish I could skip this one and it wouldn’t affect my progress. Love the idea of changing the requirement to be number of completed tasks instead of overall days!!