⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

1,134 posts

hikanu • 1 February 2023 at 12:58 PM

My first impression is: Interesting.

It seems to be something fun you can do for a little extra here and there. But realistically speaking I probably would lose out most months because I'd either lose interest for a week or simply burn out and only manage the bare minimum to keep my cove from dying.

But that's a me problem, not something that can be fixed, so I'm not expecting you to accomodate me being weird. XD

That being said, I do like the idea of having a set amount of tasks to complete each month instead of a set amount of tasks each day, leaves more room for planning and it makes it a little less monotonous like these types of daily tasks tend to become.
There could be 150 tasks each month and to qualify for 100CC you would need to complete at least 125 of them. This leaves room for people to avoid certain tasks they don't wish to partake in and gives them a chance to plan around them.

One could also chop up the CC rewards and turn it into a milestone type concept. Say you'd need to clear 75 tasks for 50CC, for example. Then you could have lower milestones (every 25 tasks as an example) with items, travels, larger EC prices etc.

Just an idea. But of course, it's completely fine to keep it as is for a while. It's new and for all the fuss we make right now, it might just take some getting used to, so I will be reserving my judgment. 😊

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 1 February 2023 at 1:00 PM

Hello!!

First I wanna lead with my happiness because the dailies are wonderful!!
- 100 cc is very fair
- the challenges are mainly easy and quick to complete

Now my feedback:
- much prefer to minimize and move dailies box UNDER main sidebar. It’s frustrating to have clicked in a certain place for years and accidentally click dailies now.
- the wall posting is not the greatest, perhaps make it posting in forums, this way, people with anxiety etc, don’t have to post on walls and can merely play in the forum games thread where you don’t actually need to conjure up a conversation
- the idea of donating is lovely and I would LOVE to do it
- instead of the alkub racing, id say completing the site trivia is a better idea, or guessing at the sandrodon wall, or even attempting the mysterious asteroid

Unvaulted Creature Voting
- personally don’t want to shift through over a thousand critters to find the ones that were in March, please provide a drop down menu of possible creatures, or perhaps the voting is a whole separate tab underneath CDWC where we can see the images of all possible creatures, and there is an actual poll underneath them. This way, we don’t have to open 30 different archive tabs to compare and contrast creatures, and the polling system is larger :]

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 1 February 2023 at 1:06 PM

1.) My wall is open for random postings to complete ye olde tasks.

2.) I'm honestly really into the Monthly Dailies! I feel like it's a cool way to make more friends around the website and also just be more interactive! 10/10, Eggcave team! ❤️

77 posts

salvalli • 1 February 2023 at 1:09 PM

Okay, I posted a thread in bug reports over here https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/77188?page=1#1690534 but I’m wondering if anyone is having the same problem.

(Also, it’s been a few hours, no staff has responded yet and I’m about to go to work, so I need this addressed sooner instead of later if I need to do something on my end to fix it. So, posting here for more visibility.)

Basically, I completed all the dailies before the number was corrected from 7 down to 5. I didn’t get to manually check off and claim the reward for having completed all my dailies. My Monthly Challenge Progress Bar is sitting at 0/25 instead of 1/25.

I’m hoping to get that fixed, because, February only has 28 days this year. That’s not a lot of wiggle room to miss days when you work 40 hours a week, and then take care of your family for another 40 hours on your two days off.

Like, I’m down for 125 tasks a month to be completed at my convenience. I’ll give it a shot.

I’ll wait to give my actual feedback later, as asked.

Thanks for this! And I hope others aren’t having this issue.

Female
586 posts

nanami • 1 February 2023 at 1:31 PM

This is really interesting, i like it.

To all the players, if you want to leave a comment on my profile, you can do that but under one condition,
be creative!

Comment a rhyme, a haiku, a short poem, a riddle, Emoji Art or a funny joke 😃

I'm waiting for your creative comments 😊

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 1 February 2023 at 1:33 PM

I 100% agree with @dragrawr:
- Minimize and move dailies box UNDER main sidebar.
- the wall posting is not the greatest, perhaps make it posting in forums since many people prefer not to have wall posts.
- the idea of donating is lovely and I would LOVE to do it
- I'm alright with the Alkub racing if it counts my entry prior to starting the monthly dailies. I already placed my bet for today but it didn't count, so now I need to wait until 6:00 to finish out my dailies. One-and-done activities on the site need to be counted even if done before starting the dailies, as someone cannot go back and do the asteroid again.

Unvaulted Creature Voting
- Would love the archives to be sorted by month as this would make voting a lot easier ^^

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 February 2023 at 1:41 PM

Just as a heads up, these are not the only tasks. There are more than 5 tasks and they will be different every day. (except for feeding, that one will always be there) Which is one of the reasons we asked people to give it a few days, so you can see more than one day's worth of tasks.

90 posts

idol • 1 February 2023 at 1:57 PM

@snowywinter
okay. you know but YOUR experience on here isn’t always the same as everyone else.

Lol I believe if you actually read my post I tried to make a suggestion for those who don’t want to do that to have the option for wall post turned off for them. (Unless someone has a better suggestion besides just saying they don’t like wall post?)

But as someone who isn’t as lucky as you who seems to be able to socialize with everyone in that way I haven’t been as lucky. Here I am just trying to share my opinion on my experience on the game and you have to contradict everything I said I feel like you misunderstand everything I always say so maybe that is why people don’t want to talk to people because you personally make me feel pretty uncomfortable to share my experience or how I feel on the game.

An option to balance between people who want to interact and try to socialize more and a way for those that don’t would be great. That’s all I said.

Because not everyone has the same experience as you or even same opinion and experience as you I hope you can understand that and my experience please.
——

Thank you to those who say you can post on their walls! I personally don’t get to see much interaction on the forums but that’s something I can help interact with too ^^ let’s all enjoy our game experiences how we enjoy them ❤️

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 1 February 2023 at 2:01 PM

@jlya yes the sorted by month would be incredibly helpful.

@orderedchaos Thanks for informing us! i figured as much but the point on the social-aspect of it may prevent/discourage some users depending on the type 😊 tysm for the feature by the way, super excited !

1,134 posts

hikanu • 1 February 2023 at 2:14 PM

@Orderedchaos I have a few small questions. Are the daily tasks the same for everyone on the site or is there some randomness factor to it? Additionally will the tasks come in a specific order and then we start from the beginning of the cycle again, rinse and repeat? 😊

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 1 February 2023 at 2:20 PM

Thanks for ALL of the amazing feedback! Sifting and sorting through!

UPDATE! You can now toggle the visibility of the dailies sidebar box and it resets (re-expands) every day. It's now located beneath regular user data/info.

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 1 February 2023 at 2:22 PM

Getting the feeling this isn't possible for painfully shy people like me, I don't want to bother others with profile comments, I have nothing to say to anyone. -_- I'd likely be marked as spam. I'm good at feeding critters--that's literally it.

I also have no idea what this "Click Exchange" is, I can't find it.

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 1 February 2023 at 2:22 PM

@Ian thank you much, it’s lovely !

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 February 2023 at 2:24 PM

@hikanu
For your first question, I'm not actually sure of the answer. I never thought to ask Ian how that part worked.

The second I do know the answer too. There is a pool of tasks and each day 4 tasks (the 5 is always a feed task) will be chosen at random from that pool.

@tehuti88
You can always just make a post on your own wall and if you don't want to keep it there delete it. That counts as posting for the task.
The Click Exchange can be found here: https://eggcave.com/exchange
The link is both on the side bar (XC amount) and under the "Social" dropdown menu.

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 1 February 2023 at 2:31 PM

@Orderedchaos Oh, thank you about profile comments, I'm just so bad at communicating with anyone. ;_;

I see the Click Exchange link but nothing to click on in it...? No creatures there. :/

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 February 2023 at 2:33 PM

@tehuti88
You need to add at least one creature of your own to the click exchange in order to use it. You can read more about how it works here: https://eggcave.com/exchange/faq

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 February 2023 at 2:49 PM

@/Ian Thank you so much for making the option to toggle visibility on the Sidebar! : D (AND changing the position!)

@Orderedchaos Woot! So awesome to know we won't be penalized for posting to our own Walls!
Hopefully this news will help calm things down a bit.

(Also think it's neat the the tasks will be chosen at random from the larger pool. Keeps it interesting.)

@dragiigy
I agree that is the smartest way to go about the voting. (As much as i want some of the newer releases, "patience is a virtue".)

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 1 February 2023 at 2:52 PM

Hmmm, can we vote for any creature or just creatures released on March or even just March 2015?

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 1 February 2023 at 3:51 PM

I second this!

"*Personal* grievance with posting to someone's Wall being a daily challenge. It's Hypocritical to say "No Spam", yet that's exactly what it's encouraging. (And I usually HATE when people post to my Wall to comment about anything other than my creatures' names or profiles, so I avoid posting to other peoples)"

I don't really have anything to post about to most people, and this is absolutely going to encourage spam. I think a better task would be post in the forums. That still encourages participation in the site, and there are enough forum topics that you can easily find SOMETHING to reply to without being spammy or posting on other people's walls.

I think posting on walls as a requirement actually takes AWAY from the socialization aspect. If someone came by my cove before and complimented my cove, or creature names, or whatever, I knew that they meant it. Now, if someone does that, I won't know if they're going it because it's sincere, or if they're just trying to complete a daily quest by saying SOMETHING.

EDIT: I see that we can post to our own walls for the challenge and delete it. Good to know! 😊 I guess that works, though it seems sort of counter to the idea of the challenge.

Female
2,043 posts

lynncrow • 1 February 2023 at 4:54 PM

I don't have a lot to add since I just finished my dailies, but I'll give my initial thoughts. Each 'paragraph' will be a different section I have thoughts on.

• I like the idea of this overall, but I disagree about having to do them for 25 days. I think the suggestion of making it X number of tasks overall is more feasible for people who can't sink time into this every day or have unexpected interruptions occur. Someone could suddenly get deployed, lose power/ internet, have a sudden death in the family, or something else.
Sure, if it was changed to a certain number of tasks someone really dedicated could knock out most if not all them in a day, but wouldn't give them an advantage in any way. Whereas this month, if you miss 4 days, that's it. You 100% miss out on CC you could've gotten and you can't make those days up.

• I disagree with the '100% increase of a monthy spin' I think it's worded poorly in the blog post. It also isn't much of a perk in my opinion if it's using up one of your cave steals. I could've clicked a random egg in the cave myself rather than use a spin that is just a slightly higher chance. I dunno, it kinda disappointed me to see the spin was a common, and then on top of that, the steal I waited the time out for was used up.

• The little bit of EC you get from finishing a daily could be tweaked in my opinion. You're already getting EC from having to feed pets. Maybe make it something possibly different each time like the Advent Tree but on a smaller scale. Like 500 EC won't do me much but if I got a random item from one of the shops I could possibly put it towards a Quest, sell it in a shop/ trade, or use it for myself.

That's my current two cents. If something else pops up in the next couple days, I'll make another post. lol

Female
2,745 posts

jlya • 1 February 2023 at 6:11 PM

@ian
Thank you so much for the movement and toggle of the dailies, it's perfect ❤️

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 1 February 2023 at 6:51 PM

@Ian My goodness gracious I'm still amaze how quickly staff respond to user's inputs!! It's much better with the dailies box below the other box.

@Orderedchaos Oh whew! I thought posting on our own walls counting for the task might have been a bug, glad to know it's an option.

Re wall comments as a task, I agree that it does feel like 'forced interaction' and is *definitely* spammy. Posting just for the sake of making a post is normally considered spam most places.
(Also, I'm another user who has *huge* social anxiety issues, if I initiate contact on my own terms when I'm feeling alright that's one thing but just having random people posting on my wall for no reason other than their own dailies benefit? Nope, not happy with that.)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 February 2023 at 6:55 PM

blarg! was about to lay down for nap, but wanted to check the cave one more time for eggs, (so i picked up the tablet) and thought i was doing a name search in the usual side bar. ...Nope, it was the Voting for the Rerelease. >.<

Not sure if i post a ticket, or bug, or just let this be feedback....
But I'm sad i just wasted my vote.

(But it does reiterate my earlier complaint about it not being poll style.)

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 1 February 2023 at 7:08 PM

I had the EXACT same thing happen! ☹️ I’m sure we aren’t the only ones.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 1 February 2023 at 7:34 PM

I don't have time to read through all the replies so apologies if this has already been addressed.

Loving the idea. 100%

1. I do think the ec rewards for completing each daily should be higher. Getting 203 ec after feeding 200 creatures is pretty underwhelming. I'm not suggesting anything crazy but maybe a set amount of ec would be better. Say 5k per daily or something.

2. The 100% monthly chance thing honestly has me confused. Is it upping our chances of getting a monthly for that one single attempt or..? Maybe offering different reward options would be nice. An extra asteroid attempt or something. A random batch of items or backgrounds.. heck even just more ec.

3. Less of an issue and more just trying to understand how this works. Do you have to do the dailies consecutively or are you allowed to do 5, skip 3 days, and then finish them all the next day and be at 6?

4. An option to hide the progress bars would be nice. It's a bit of a hassle to scroll past it sometimes and I think an option to disable it would be nice.

Excited to see new features being added to Eggcave 😊

Edit: Nevermind I found where you can hide the dailies haha

Edit 2: Maybe change it from posting on someone's wall to posting to an active forum? I honestly just tossed a little message on all my side accounts but I do know some people try to keep their walls as clean as possible.

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 1 February 2023 at 9:59 PM

╭┄┄┈┄┄┈┄┄┈┄┄┈┄┄┈

I loved the novelty. Loved the idea. I loved everything.
Thank you so much!!!

┄┄┈┄┄┈┄┄┈┄┄┈┈┄┄╯

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 February 2023 at 12:19 AM

Heads up: Mass donating items seems to not be counting things properly for the daily. Donating the items individually however does work and count towards the daily. Ian has been informed but this bug might not get fixed until morning.

Female
141 posts

kenkazaki2 • 2 February 2023 at 12:21 AM

Oooh yeah I have to agree with snowywinter on this one, I definitely don't like the mandatory "Post on someone else's wall" or "make 3 forums post" because it forces you to bother someone with random stuff.
Maybe it's me being anti-social but I reaaaaally don't like feeling forced into posting on the forums or on someone's wall when I really don't want to bother people since that notifies them so I really don't like these dailies in particular.

Other than that, I really like this idea and I do hope it stays~ It certainly pushes you to do things that you've never tried before so it could introduce you to more things, which is welcome, but yeah, don't force social interactions, that's something I really don't like.

EDIT: Oh wait we can post to our own walls, nifty. Nevermind about the wall thing then lol since I can delete it. XD

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 2 February 2023 at 12:35 AM

id like to add some input on the dailies! Talking about the emojis

The emojis are a little unsightly compared to the green/white theme of the page. Maybe like the side bar the tasks could be white icons and not emojis?

Example: feeds could be a “🍽️” or an apple but all white, clicks could be a like upwards in all white, trivia could be a paper and pencil in all white, forum posts could be a bunch of chat bubbles, and wall posts could be just one speech bubble, cave attempts could be a cracked egg, gift box for donations etc etc etc

Female
2,964 posts

heatherm19 • 2 February 2023 at 12:38 AM

Oh my goodness the donation enter is packed right now!! It's awesome to see, but there is so much stuff there that the 1-minute cooldown is making me jittery!