⭐️💰 Monthly Challenge & Dailies Feedback Megathread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Transmasculine
2 posts

uwuhowdy • 6 February 2023 at 3:21 AM

What if it was changed so that you can say you've completed a day of dailies after 4 missions instead of 5? Like, today I have the click 200 creatures, finish 5 quests, feed 100 creatures, make 3 forum posts, and bet on Alkub Racing for my missions. I can do all of these easy except for the one with 5 quests. The quests are largely rng based, and unless you have an insane hoard of items saved up you probably won't finish them, unless you get lucky enough to have the EC to purchase the items if they just so happen to appear in the shops.

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 6 February 2023 at 3:28 AM

@uwuhowdy @ohanasystem Be sure to make use of the Quest Items Swapping thread! It's very helpful.

Personally I think the quests one might be better if the number required was lower, Maybe 2 or 3 quests instead of 5. 5 is a lot, even for me. Hint, in my experience Miserable Meltdown is the easiest because it's the only one that only requires 1 item, and a ton of user stores have ice cream items for cheap.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 6 February 2023 at 3:28 AM

I've never done quests before, but one of the items I need is only available from one person for 99,999,999 EC. So in this situation, do I just not do the quests? Like this is quest #1, it worries me that this has to happen 5 times. It's a lot of EC whether the items are priced reasonably or not.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 February 2023 at 3:33 AM

@elluwah you can cancel the quest and it times out for an hour. There's also other quests from other NPCs to do in the meantime

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 6 February 2023 at 3:36 AM

@sapphire12 I already bought items I needed without realising one was priced so high, so I'm just sad I wasted my EC 😭 But thank you, I didn't realise we could do multiple at once!

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 February 2023 at 3:37 AM

@elluwah no worries, reasonable prices for quest items are usually 4k for most 6k for ice cream and up to 10k for travels. Higher then it's probably not worth 😊

Female
145 posts

dragongirl02 • 6 February 2023 at 3:49 AM

Yes, reducing the days for Completing the monthly challenge goal would be helpful. A real example just happened; I messed up yesterday, February 5th, due to the crazy timezone difference of -5 to -6 hours and dealing with family and chores. February is an unusual month because it usually only has 28 days. I started late since I only swung by, Initially to see if/when Valentine's day event would start. It was February 4th (the timezone difference confuses me), and I was afraid I missed the start. If February had 30-31 days, the mess up on February 5th would likely not have mattered if I did not screw up the rest of the month.

Non-binary
109 posts

dragonelle • 6 February 2023 at 4:45 AM

Today I have to "Complete 5 Quests", it's so hard ! I know in advance that I couldn't succeed ☹️

Female
144 posts

alityria • 6 February 2023 at 6:02 AM

@Ian
So I think my dailies is bugged because I'm at 4/5 of my quest, but it says I'm already done with my Complete Today's Dailies counting towards for the 100 CC while clearly I'm not xD
These are my tasks:

Click 200 Creatures [done]
Complete 5 Quests [4/5]
Feed 100 Creatures [done]
Make 3 Forum Posts [done]
Play Alkub Racing [done]

I'm not done with completing all of my 5 dailies yet it is counting as all of my 5 dailies is done? Someone knows about this? xD

Female
435 posts

salanderinlove • 6 February 2023 at 6:44 AM

Well, for me that live in Brazil, purchase CC with real money it's too expansive, so I think that's a really good iniciative for users like me!

But... Have two points I need to talk about:

1 - Not everyone can access 25 days of the month to do the dailies. For example, I access the eggcave every weekday, but on the weekend it's more difficult, so, because of these weekends that I don't enter in the game , I could do about 22 or 23 days of dailies, I would practically lose the 100 CC for almost nothing.

2 - The idea of need write on the other users walls bothers me, I don't have problem in feed a certain amount of creatures, but write in the wall when I do just to complete the dailie it's a bad thing for me (mainly because the game itself warns who fed our eggs) and I rarely interact with conversations, It's hard feel obligated to do it just to complete a dailie.

And other point that I remeber now: A dailie that we need complete 5 quests? With part of the EC I spent with this, I can almost buy CC for EC. At the end of the day, who have more EC continues gaining more.

Edit: Someone tells me that you can write on your own wall, but what's the point of this dailie? Forced people to write on their own walls or of the others? For me this dailie would be excluded e just the dailie about interacting in the forum would be kept, so it makes some sense to interact in a game, in a help post or encourage people to see the ideas of creatures from other users.

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 6 February 2023 at 7:17 AM

I still claim, the rewards for daily tasks are still very low. Who knows, what amount of EC would we be satisfied. BTW with. Nevertheless I still love the whole event 😃

But, @Ian , I didint find answers to my questions:

Voting on Unvaulting Creatures

1. Is there any scale, table to check how voting is going on?
2. How many creatures from "players voting" will be released? What will be the price?
3. What will happen with "old" rerelease event?
4. Can be voted for rereleased creatures in last two years? Or only for creatures from past Marches? Or even only for creature form March 2015?

Thank you for the answers 😊

Female
574 posts

iia • 6 February 2023 at 8:42 AM

My thoughts…

I’ll start off saying that I LOVE this concept! I think dailies are a very great way to get people engaging with the site.

-I love seeing people donating to the donations center

-I love seeing the EC economy booming because of the quests people are doing

-I love all of the interaction on the game threads in forums

However… I have some gripes (but please take with a grain of salt)

- I’m not a fan of forced interaction. While I will stand behind requiring forum posts for dailies (since there is so much going on; games, etc) I think asking for wall posts of blog posts will encourage spam or unnecessary posting. The blog should pretty much just be used for feedback and there is rarely a reason to post more than once on each thread. Walls are for one on one interactions and while I get where Eggcave is coming from I think wall posts should happen more organically.

- There is little flexibility. I do not have access to internet for at least a weekend (3 full days) a month which almost automatically makes in pointless for me to make an attempt at doing dailies. It is so frustrating to have a rough and busy day (I work and am a college student) only to realize you only have one grace day left for your dailies. I wish there would be a way to do the dailies with a way to either recover or collect dailies to then get the 100cc.

- Taking into account the dedication and consistency that it takes to get the reward I don’t think the rewards are quite fair… I understand the 100cc from a business perspective (though I, of course, would like it to be higher) but it feels like a bit of an insult to revieve 125ec for finishing a task. 100-900ec is not enough to incentivize me to do the tasks if I’ve already missed the mark for the 100cc. Personally I think anywhere from 3-5kec per task would be more reasonable. It would be a little more “worth it.”

Overall I’m very happy with this new concept and Eggcaves openness to feedback and change about the dailies ❤️😊

@dragonelle there is thread in forums to help people get items for quests. If you need it and cannot find it for sale feel free to go there and ask. There are lots of people willing to help other questers.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 6 February 2023 at 9:11 AM

Hmmmmmmm, I REALLY don't like idea with quests dailies. Five quests is not so much, but how much money and time they devour, devour and do not choke and devour absolutely all the EC that you earned from the feeds. At the same time, there are individuals on the site who are aware of quest lovers and sell some kind of toy in a single copy for astronomical sums. What an abomination. AND the gambling. It's disgusting thing, hope it's never return in dailies, ewwww ><

Female
574 posts

iia • 6 February 2023 at 9:18 AM

@ivan_hives @dragonelle @elluwah and anyone else who is concerned about quests…
There is a thread that is pretty active to help questers get items that they are unable to find or are only being sold for an exorbitant amount.
https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/70055?page=49
I am usually pretty active giving questers items on this thread and I have several thousand items in my strongroom.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 February 2023 at 9:39 AM

2. Not a popular opinion, but I am fine with it being reset monthly - it is a challenge. Dropping down the number would be great (Feb has 8 weekends so 24-8=16? or 30-8=22) Somewhere in the 16-22 area probably soothes worries.

3. New dailies:
a. Not a fan of donating creatures in the adoption centre, we'll see pages and pages of commons. If that was a task, I'd certainly pick up a common from the cave and drop it in there.
b. I support the SARC donation,

4. EC rewards:
- would love a random roll of an item or a quest token (after finishing the quest tasks)
- would love a "Claim All" button

5. Again, not a popular opinion but I don't mind the quest daily. It's a part of the game and the aim is to make people try to play the game. If you say "yes but you're an older player" I've literally only started questing in the last year or so.
That said: It will be a challenge for the very very new players. In that case, the requirement going down from 25 dailies to 16-22 will probably help. You just wont be able to do it today but tomorrow's would be possible.

6. Feed Friendly button is great!

Reference: able to complete 6/25 Monthlies so far.

78 posts

kediset • 6 February 2023 at 10:31 AM

Not enjoying the quests daily ^^; maaybe fewer would be ok.. but 5 is a bit much!

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 6 February 2023 at 10:52 AM

@kediset it seems very less ppl not enjoying this game quest. One or two will be quite enough, but uuuugh.

Female
1,515 posts

romanjr370 • 6 February 2023 at 10:57 AM

Yes I agree that doing 5 quest seems a bit too much.
Maybe lowering the number to 1-2 would be better 🤔?

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 6 February 2023 at 11:56 AM

I agree that 3 quests would be easier to complete than 5

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 12:01 PM

This is a small quality of life suggestion, not a big deal if it's not implemented. :-)

"Claim All" button to claim the EC for all five tasks at once.

Instead of clicking each one individually, and having the page reload, clicking the pop-up, and scrolling down again to click another, it would just be one button to collect everything when all the dailies have been completed. Users would still be able to collect each one individually or as they go, if they wish.

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 12:38 PM

@daisycat agreed ! A final prize would be helpful 😸

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 12:40 PM

@dragrawr
Oh, no I mean just a faster way to claim the EC instead of the five buttons. ^-^' You'd click one button to claim the EC from all five tasks.

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 12:41 PM

@daisycat no that’s what I also meant haha, just one final prize button. :] you could still claim ec Indiv. if you just did 1-4, but the option would be nice

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 12:50 PM

@dragrawr
Ohh okie, my apologies! "Final prize" sounded to me like an additional prize after you've finished everything.

Female
2,562 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 12:59 PM

@daisycat nope just collective :> no worries no worries lol

gonna keep pushing my idea of getting rid of the emojis for white/green icons instead to match the site ❤️

It would match the side bar, and if you went to the dailies page they could be the green green color instead of the emojis ^^

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 6 February 2023 at 1:24 PM

I think everyone here has brought up good points. five quests is a lot, I think three is a nice middling number that takes effort but also doesn't drain too much resources.

I was kind of surprised that each quest gave so little ec when you completed them. I know that it's all for the final prize for the cc at the end but the amount is equal to like two or three creature feeds, iirc. I think someone mentioned getting quest coins as a prize and I think that's a very good idea! maybe have it be random, I think it's good to have different ways of getting quest coins.

I also see a lot of people talk about not being able to do all quests or participate 25 days, and I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. I think four quests is enough (and if someone wants to do the last one for the coin they shouldn't have to). As for the amount of days a month, maybe give a buffer for about a week? idk, feb is a weird month because it gives you only 3-4 day grace period. With how much time it takes to do some of these quests I think it's fair to be more lenient with the dailies.

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 6 February 2023 at 1:34 PM

To do 5 quests took you, me, him, her... 15 minutes. If you play Eggcave for real, it means almost nothing 🙂

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 6 February 2023 at 1:45 PM

Well, finally got the 5 quests thing done (mostly the baked buns one). I attempted the Gourmand quest, but I had to abandon it because no shop had the spaghetti and eyeballs he wanted

Female
2,967 posts

heatherm19 • 6 February 2023 at 2:02 PM

@mysticgirl916 I get a lot of Gourmand quests that I end up having to cancel, not sure why it seems to happen so much with that one.

I would love a 'collect all' button for collecting the ec reward from each task, it is a small thing but it can be tedious going through and collecting each separately.

I get the feeling that the amount of ec given for each task is random, and I think maybe it should scale according to the difficulty of the task instead? Today I didn't get more than 199ec with any task, an got roughly the same amount for the super-simple tasks as the more difficult ones. (Honestly it really surprised me when I got so little for the quests task!)

I also still think it would be really helpful if the number of days was cut down a bit. While I understand wanting to reward frequent play and such, 25 is basically just enough that a lot of people won't be able to hit that mark. 20, even 22, may be more realistic.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 6 February 2023 at 3:44 PM

The 5 quests daily is way too hard. I think that 1 or 2 would be better.

I also agree with what some people have said about the amount of EC rewarded. I like the idea of scaling it to the task difficulty. I also think it's not enough to keep people completing the dailies if they miss out on enough days to get the CC. By itself, the EC rewards are just not worth the trouble, unless it's something that you were going to do anyway.